FORCE OPs (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Tattooedman

FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by Tattooedman »

Warshade, Jonathan Spectre, Darklight & Vanguard:

Darklight's shadow tendrils flex against the magically fortified body of the Water Elemental, bringing what one would assume to be pained cries from the otherworldly creature as it struggles against the force brought against it. However it is a futile fight as the black energy quickly forces the Water Elemental's body to lose its humanoid shape, turning it back into ordinary water in a brilliant flash of light.

OOC:
I believe that calls for a new Strength Check, so Water Elemental #2's Strength Check (vs DC 18): _: 1D20+5 = [2]+5 =7. That's a fail and it is still Immobile and Vulnerable.

Now for the Toughness.

Water Elemental #2's Toughness Check (vs DC 23): _: 1D20+3 = [1]+3 =4, wow bad roll, and that'll put it out of the fight.

At this point it is only Water Elemental #1 remaining.
---
Just picking things up from where we left off.... kind of. This was my last post before the switch to the new location.

So Warshade is up, and I'm fine with a reposting of her last one.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Tattooedman

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by Tattooedman »

Vortex:

The dark blonde haired man was too busy staring into a glowing orb in the middle of a circle that's drawn on the floor and cursing. Whatever he was looking at did not seem to be whatever it was Pender had in mind. The room is surprisingly sparse with only a pair of chairs in the corner of far side of the room with a cot in the corner across from them, next to the chairs is a small table with a number of various colorful liquid filled bottles, a few older looking books along with a notebook with page long writing on it and several pencils laying all round it. There are a few odd looking, small tools that Vortex can't make heads or tails of but they look to be made of metal, but more than likely they are for casting spells.

What's interesting is that the walls and floor of the room are made of dirt and clay, oddly unlike those of the bookstore which were of modern construction.

A moment's focus returned Vortex to his hero costume, and then he took just a couple more steps. "Call off your magic hounds Pender. Or else."

Pender's eye blink rapidly for a second, like one would do first thing in the morning, breaking his gaze from the crystal ball so that he can turn his full attention to the newly arrived hero. "Or else what, you jumped up nobody."

OOC:
Let's have some Initiative rolls.

Pender: _: 1D20+4 = [13]+4 =17.

If you can beat that EO go ahead & post Vortex's action.
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Shock

Post by Shock »

Warshade
HP: 3 LP: 1
Condition: Injured 2

With only one elemental left, Liz focused all her energy into one big blast, hoping to finish it off. "Vanguard, we still need to monitor those two air creatures. Either they're going to cause trouble at random or Vortex and Vindicator may have more trouble incoming."
Using Power Attack 2
Shadow blast attack: 1d20+7 17 Bleh. Well, Toughness DC28 if that hits
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

The after effects of having part of the Water Elemental forced down her throat were still affecting Warshade as her aim was just slightly off to the right, and coupled with its shift in stance to avoid the attack her gravitonic blast slams into the wall behind the remaining creature.

OOC:
Unfortunately that's a miss.

--
Vanguard is up.

---
Initiative Order:
Vanguard - 41
Jonathan Spectre - 20
Water Elemental - 16
Darklight - 12
Warshade - 8
--
Damage Counter!:
Water Elemental #1 - Bruised (x2), Staggered (Dazed [limited to either move or standard action] & Hindered [moving at half speed])]
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Vindicator
HP: 3; Condition: waiting is the hardest part

The timer on her HUD was at :30 and counting down as she watched it intently. She routed power to her suits systems and double checked everything as the seconds ticked off. Her fists clenched and unclenched as she stood there waiting.

Initiative roll was a 12
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Vortex
HP: 4 / LP: 2
COND: Unharmed

Well, this wasn't what he was expecting. Vortex let Pender have it anyway. A wormhole opened up and a gust of wind bombarded Pender.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Vanguard (Rex Mundi)

Rex zips in trying to tag the elusive water elemental with a punch.

"I'll need somebody to come with and tag up on the first one before I track the second. I think they kind of split up. Good news is that these elementals can't last forever. If their power runs out they'll just return to their home dimension," He shrugs, "Kind of like a built in ejection seat."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Vortex:

Pender is blown head over feet across the floor and out of the circle he had been sitting in while the candles that had surrounded him scatter about the room. "Plebeian." Is the only understandable word he grunts out as he recovers, his voice full of contempt as his hands dance through a complex pattern. As soon as he finishes speaking and gesturing, the robed mage is surrounded by several large crab-like creatures that are varying shades of green with wicked looking claws.

OOC:
That hits.
Pender's Toughness: _: 1D20+12 = [6]+12 =18, which is a failure by one degree and leaves him Bruised.

He'll spend his action summoning some critters to fight for him, but they can't act until next round, back to Vortex.

And because I love posting pics, here's what Pender summoned (just 4 of them)

Damage Counter:
Pender - Bruised
Last edited by Tattooedman on Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

The water elemental shifts its body so that Vanguard's punch misses it, generating a sound that reminds those close enough to hear it of water swirling down the drain.

OOC:
Vanguard's attack is a miss, which will make it Jonathan Spectre's turn.
Kaisius

Post by Kaisius »

Jonathan Spectre
Jon Locke

Hp: 1 Cond: Bruised

Spectre lashes out at the water elemental, churning its form violently.
OoC wrote:Telekinetic attack vs water elemental 1d20+10=21 DC 25
"I'm not a big, fat panda. I'm THE big, fat panda!" - Po, Kung Fu Panda
My Character Page
Jonathan Spectre in New FORCE Ops
Magus Errant in Heroes Unlimited
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

The Jonathan's telekinetic attack causes whatever was holding the water elemental's body together to finally give out, spraying gallons of water on the already muddy floor.

OOC:
That's a hit.

Water Elemental #1's Toughness (vs. DC 25): _: 1D20+4 = [9]+4 =13, and that's a failure by 3 Degrees so he's Bruised (x3) & Staggered (Dazed & Hindered [moves at half speed]), given that's the second time (in a row) that it has taken that kind of damage so I'm willing to say that it's out of the fight.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Vortex
HP: 4 / LP: 2
COND: Unharmed

"Pretentious." Vortex retorted, and opened his wind-portal wider.
Wide Angle Vortex
Cone Area Damage 10 - Dodge DC 20, Toughness DC 25/20
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Darklight

Ryan relaxes a bit as the final elemental goes down.

"Well that was differnet."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Warshade
HP: 3 LP: 1
Condition: Injured 2

Liz shook her arms and then her head, spraying water all around her. "They laugh at spandex but if this was cotton, I'd be indecent."

"We're not done yet. Vortex or Vindicator, I need an update."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Vanguard (Rex Mundi)

Vanguard gives Warshade an amused grin, "Really? You're going to lob that softball my way? Nice try but I'm not taking that bait."

He glances around, "Okay, so who's going with me to check on those air elementals? I can probably find them, but I'm not sure my powers will do anything to them."

"Unless they feel like standing around while I complete a summoning circle to send them home,"
he holds up a finger as if to correct himself, "Sorry, unless they're willing and able. That summoning probably precludes their going home of their own volition until the job is over."