FORCE OPs (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Kaisius

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by Kaisius »

Jonathan Spectre
Jon Locke
Hp 2

Vindicator wrote:"I'm better now thanks." she said gratefully with a rare smile. "Are you ok?"
"I'm fine. When you say duck, I duck...", Jon replied. With Eva back on her feet, he turned and scanned the hangar. "[Where did Boomerang...Ah! There.]" Still unconscious, and somehow un-crushed, Boomerang had come to rest next to a landing strut belonging to one of the sturdier aircraft. With a gesture, an exposed piece of rebar snapped free and wound itself tightly around the villain's hands and feet. "[Some one of us needs to start carrying some zip-cuffs...]"
"I'm not a big, fat panda. I'm THE big, fat panda!" - Po, Kung Fu Panda
My Character Page
Jonathan Spectre in New FORCE Ops
Magus Errant in Heroes Unlimited
Shock

Post by Shock »

Warshade
HP: 2 LP: 1

ELIZABETH

Hang on, lemme-

Liz crouched looking to see if any of the mercs were moving.

ELIZABETH! LOOK CLOSER

What?

She looked over the unconscious foes, finally noticing none of them were armed. Her mind flashed back to the guns Vanguard pointed at. "Oh."

She walked back toward the room slowly. "You know...." Her admonishment was interrupted when Solar grabbed her leg. She tried to jump back but his grip held and she toppled to the floor. "GAH! Little help here?"
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Vanguard (Rex Mundi)

"Ah!" Vanguard yelps, blasting across the room to jump on Solar slugging the man repeatedly about the head, "Get."
Punch.
"Off."
Punch.
"Her!"
Punch.
"You're ruining my calm"
Punch.
"Cool"
Punch.
"Exterior!"
Punch, punch.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Warshade

After the third punch, Liz managed to pull her leg free. After the 6th, Solar went limp. "That last one was gratuitous."

"Thanks."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Vanguard (Rex Mundi)

"Yeah, well-" He stands up and shakes his head, "I kind of have no idea what his power was-"
He laughs sheepishly, "I panicked."

"Sorry," He says, earnestly, "I thought they were down for the count."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Warshade

Liz shrugged. "I did too. Surprised the hell out of me." She checked the comm again. "Can anyone hear me?" She fiddled with the settings, trying to bust through whatever was interfering.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Warshade

Liz suddenly looked around anxiously. "Wasn't there another one? I thought there was another one."
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Vortex
HP: 3 / LP: 4

"Oh, hey boss. Everything alright?" Vortex responded.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Vindicator Eva McKenna
HP: 3; Condition: On the way

"Warshade, Jon and I are on the way." she communicated before adding The mental link is still up as well thanks to Jon.

She added this part as she and Jon were strolling through a corridor littered with bodies one of which she was holding against the wall before she casually flung the squirming guard like a sack of potatoes hard enough to bowl over another three of his buddies who were pelting her with blaster fire which bounced off her force field as she made sure she was in the way of any fire that might hit Spectre.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Shock

Post by Shock »

Warshade

"On the way to where?" Liz thought she felt a breeze picking up. "I'm not even sure where we are."

"Vanguard, do you feel that?"
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Vanguard (Rex Mundi)
Shock wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 2:04 am Liz suddenly looked around anxiously. "Wasn't there another one? I thought there was another one."
"I thought there was two of them, but to be fair, I don't have the ability to see in the dark," Vanguard admits.
Shock wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 10:50 pm "Vanguard, do you feel that?"
Vanguard leans on the table, "What? The tension between us?"

If she was gong to throw a softball like that he had to take a swing. It was either that or give into her expectations and ask 'feel what', and he was slightly annoyed she was bating him instead of telling him what she'd noticed.

It had absolutely nothing to do with how much he enjoyed teasing her.

He frowned slightly. Wait, why did he enjoy that so much?
Shock

Post by Shock »

Warshade

Liz rolled her eyes and quickly got the light back on. "No there's a draft. And I think it's picking up. Which is odd considering we're inside a mountain."
Kaisius

Post by Kaisius »

Jonathan Spectre
Jon Locke
Hp: 2

Seeing that Eva had recovered and that her ire was up, Spectre was more than happy to let her take point and chew through the base's defenders.
Vindicator wrote:"Warshade, Jon and I are on the way." she communicated before adding The mental link is still up as well thanks to Jon.
Warshade wrote:"On the way to where?" Liz thought she felt a breeze picking up. "I'm not even sure where we are."
[I can home in on you psychically, through the link. Eva, we want the next left up ahead.], he sent over the link. Just then, two goons, hoping to get behind Vindicator, opened a side hatch and were caught off-guard by Spectre. Without missing a beat, Spectre reached out and executed a textbook Vulcan nerve pinch...which, by itself is useless. However, that physical contact allowed him to send a powerful telepathic command of [PAIN] into the mook's mind, causing him to feel like he'd touched an electric fence. As the first slumped to the floor with a strangled "ERGK...", Spectre covered the second's eyes. The word [SLEEP] flooded the man's mind, drowning all other thoughts. With practiced ease, Spectre lowered him the ground. [Vindicator, I will be back in a moment...]
At the T-junction ahead, Eva was faced with a problem. Two minions with heavy weapons were laying down a withering spray of fire at her. Not nearly enough to get through her shield, of course, but enough that if she wasn't careful on her approach, Jonathan or the minions she'd already taken out might take a ricochet. Suddenly, the barrage stopped as one of the brutes was flung into the other and then dragged back the way he came. A few bursts of fire followed, punctuated by screams, then silence. Then, the brute, disarmed, rounded the corner, pulling off his gear frantically. "MOMMY!!", he screamed as he stumbled and crawled to Eva's feet. "I want my MOMMY!!", he cried out looking over his shoulder. Looking up, she saw Spectre gliding slowly down the hall, doing his best Darth Vader impersonation. The brute turned back to "Mommy" and was met with an armored fist, putting him (temporarily) out of everyone's misery.
Spectre tipped his hat as Eva passed to take the lead again. [I couldn't let you have all the fun.]
Warshade wrote:"No there's a draft. And I think it's picking up. Which is odd considering we're inside a mountain."
[...Vindicator DID open a...window, earlier...]
"I'm not a big, fat panda. I'm THE big, fat panda!" - Po, Kung Fu Panda
My Character Page
Jonathan Spectre in New FORCE Ops
Magus Errant in Heroes Unlimited
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Vindicator Eva McKenna
HP: 3; Condition: On the way
The brute turned back to "Mommy" and was met with an armored fist, putting him (temporarily) out of everyone's misery.
Spectre tipped his hat as Eva passed to take the lead again. [I couldn't let you have all the fun.]
Eva sniffed almost disdainfully as she continued walking and said "Of course, its not a competition."

Then she pointed her hand into a room and letting fly with a blast that caused several screams as mooks were blasted into unconsciousness and various lengths of hospital stays.

But im still ahead." she added with a playful smirk and chuckle as Jon telekinetically bounced another guard off the ceiling.
Warshade wrote:
"No there's a draft. And I think it's picking up. Which is odd considering we're inside a mountain."

[...Vindicator DID open a...window, earlier...]
"Liz we took care of Boomerang and Bill, do you have Solar and Whirlwind or Black Claw anywhere in sight?" she asked over the link sending an image of the villains especially the speedster Whirlwind who was the only one she could think of who would cause a draft since shed removed Bill from the equation.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Vanguard (Rex Mundi)

Vanguard shrugs, "I just figured they had the air vents running at full. Positive pressure setup."