For all of your Play-By-Post games.
mrdent12

Re: [IC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator:Terrible Purpose

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez
HP: 2
CND: -2 toughness
Form: mist

Wherever they were driving towards, it was through that door about to close on them. Once it closed, Diego had no way of knowing what security it would have or blocks form getting in. Of course, there was also the issue of the grenade. If they got blown up, there was no use keeping the door open. The options were limited, but all risky. He could try to knock Costas out of the way, take a long shot to shoot the grenade, or other combat type maneuvers to keep Costas safe.

Others seemed to have the keep Costas safe angle handled however. Leveling his mag rifle near the door, Diego took aim at the best point that would knock enough rubble to block the door from closing. Even if only delayed the door from closing it bought time and time was needed. The last thing Diego wanted was to cycle again from the start and risk worse happening than Costas simply being shot again.
Base Roll 8 If a range attack roll, it is either 14 or if gun expertise can be used its 16. Diego also has precise attack ranged.
The idea is to hit the right spot that will cause issues with the door closing in some way.
Perception 26 if needed to find a spot.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

The grenade sails towards the middle of the group. Someone shouts a warning 'Grenade!'. The Colonel responds by yelling 'Take cover!'. Reaper, not wanting to risk the Colonel being harmed, leaps into action and tackles Costa to the side. The two of them are sprawled out on the ground, prone, as the grenade goes off behind them. Bodies fly as the members of the squad supporting you are killed. The door is closing as soldiers on the other side take the opportunity to bring their weapons to bear. Both Colonel Costa and Reaper are riddled with bullets in their vulnerable state and with no one but Diego to provide them covering fire.

The mindscape resets. There is an explosion. The complex gates are breached. You rally around Colonel Costa as she give out her orders. You run and gun your want up to the blast doors, taking and giving fire from the surviving guards as you go. You fight your way through the hallway back to the security door. A grenade is throw. The door is closing. Diego lines up his shot on the mechanism that is aids in closing the weighty door. Even under pressure of a grenade going off behind him and showering him with debris he makes his shot. The door jars for a second. Then soldiers from the other side of the door move in under cover fire to manually close the door. While your group tries to find an alternate way to the Objective you are eventually outflanked and penned in from multiple angles of attack.

The mindscape resets. There is an explosion. The complex gates are breached. You rally around Colonel Costa as she give out her orders. This happens over a dozen times. Each time a twist of fate dooms your assault. Always leading to that seemingly doomed moment at the security door.
OOC wrote:Ranged Combat: Guns is applicable for what Diego is attempting. He is a marksman, and has the Precise Advantage, so I will give a slight reduction to the check. This is still not an ideal/optimum means of stopping a security door from closing so I am not giving it a full degree of reduction. The roll, even with the reduced difficulty, is not high enough to meet the DC.

Nareik hasn't posted, and I may not be able to get a post in later on in the evening. So I've decided Reaper's actions based on Nareik's last mentioned idea in the OOC. Reaper did not meet the DC either.

That's 2 failed checks. If you get 3 more failed checks before reaching 6 successes, this challenge will be failed.

You are free to describe some of your failed efforts. You may do some outside the box thinking. Nothing is stopping you from conversing with each over or the Colonel.. Trying to wake her, however, always results in something bad happening and psychic feedback that hurts you.
While Diego and Reaper struggle in the endless loop, trapped with Colonel Costa in the woman's own mind, Iona and Peter work to save the Colonel's. After Hitori follows through with Iona's instructions to reposition both the Colonel and the cryo-unit, the cube is sealed with the storm-form of Silvia Costa inside. At the device's console Iona has to manually adjust the cooling systems of the cryo-unit to account for the erratic increased in energy being absorbed and stored by her nanite-cells. She is having difficulty keeping up, and making
accurate adjustments at critical moments. Fortunately Peter is monitoring the procedure via the examination table built in sensor-suite. Together they manage to stabilize the Colonel's condition. But it takes consistent monitoring and regular adjustments to maintain … even then, it is clear this is a short term stop gap. Not a solution.
OOC wrote:Between Iona and Peter's Aid bonus, you just meet the DC. Eventually the situation will reach a point that the cryo-unit can no longer balance out the accumulation of absorbed energies. You have bought some time though. How much, you are uncertain.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez
HP: 2->1

Maybe these weren't really dreams, but happened? Diego thought he saw a star eating monster as some sort of metaphor maybe. Just maybe it was real. Similarly, maybe this is all real and Costas needs to get over it like groundhogs day or something. She needs to win. Diego thought back to what he might have read or learned from his former life. If this was a real attack, he might have read intel reports or even been tasked with some assessments on it. Better yet, maybe he even gave intel to Imperators agents for it.

There wasn't much time to think though. First breech and get Costas Pushed aside. Next, make sure the squad isn't slaughtered by a grenade. "Grenade!", yells Diego as it is thrown in hopes everyone scatters in time. Finally, since shooting the locking mechanism didn't do the trick, he grabbed the biggest piece of rubble his suit could handle and tosses it at the door as it is open hoping to keep it open long enough to get inside. Imperator may have lacked the man power, but he had the tech on his side certainly.
Military Expertise 14 Given his time in the U.S and allied forces against Imperators, trying to see if any of what is happening rings a bell like where they are, what they might be there for, etc. Anything useful for the situation really.
Ranged throw 8 No, not going to let the dice gods mess with me now by giving good rolls on small stuff and little on the ones that matter.
Ranged 14 + 10 with HP making it 24.

In my next post I will make it a bit more involved, just need to go back to sleep now and didn't want to hold the game up.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Iona
HP:1
Cnd: Normal
PP:0

Though Peter and Iona manage to slow the destructive build up of energy in Colonol Costa's nanite-body, the process appears to be irreversible and unstoppable. The young cyborg watches the monitor attentively in order to adjust cooling to the volatile spikes and lulls in the Colonel's body-temperature.

Her head shakes in frustration as she helplessly watches the diagnostic-stats worsen. "Where is this energy coming from?" She asks rhetorically, not really expecting an answer from anyone.

Glancing up to look at both Peter and Dr. Sokolov, Iona once again speculates aloud. "Could her ability to absorb energy be reduced...maybe even cut off if she were sealed within a container of super-dense material...lead? gold? mercury? osmium?" It's clear that Iona is getting desperate for a solution, her voice noticeably anxious.

After a pause she sighs looking back to Costa's refrigerated body. We need a miracle.
Camus

Hitori Zanzo

Post by Camus »

HP: 1
LP: 1
CND:

The man/beast is not of much help after helping in moving bulky things from one place to the other. "I dont think my ability to absorb biomass is of any help, right?" He comments to Peter.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Dr. Sokolov appears caught up in whatever it is he is going. His hands make odd motions in the air. His armored head turns in directions that cause him to look at empty space for long periods of time. The doctor does not talk or interact with the others in the room while he tends to his own activities. Eventually, after Iona has repeatedly addressed him he pauses in his endeavors to look at the woman. Rather than provide her with any useful answer to her theories he gives her support and encouragement.

"Yes. You should look into that Iona. Don't expect much from Null's cohorts. They tend to be more brawn than brain."

OOC wrote:Dr. Sokolov is too caught up in his own work to pay Colonel Costa's condition much mind at the moment, which is also my way of saying I want you to work this out yourselves.

The Colonel's condition is not stable, but you have bought time with the cooling system. While manually adjusting the cryo-unit for her needs is required every so often, it does not take all of Iona's attention. She may do other things.

Two people are asking Peter things he has yet to respond to (though that may need to be side tabled as EnigmaticOne is going on a trip). You have three unconscious people, one of which is dying. You need to push the story forward with your actions. What are you going to do now?

You have questions? Good. What are you going to do to figure out the answers to those questions?
In Costa's mindscape battle, Diego thinking about the sights and experiences he has gone through there and tries to compare them to his real work knowledge and experience. Hough he is not sure if this battle, itself, happened during the war he does know that this location exists in the realm world. He may have even been there. It is the Cheyenne Mountain Complex, near Colorado Spring, and run by the United States Air Force.

Deciding to try out what his armor and exo-frame were capable of, Diego finds that he is considerably stronger. As the assault force entered complex he was able to pick up a chunk of twisted blast door that had been blown off. It must have weight at least two hundred pounds, and he was able to carry it at a run with one hand if he needed to. He received some weird looks for carrying around rubble, but Diego knew what was coming, and he had a plan. When the security enemy soldiers made to close the security door and bar the assault force's passage Diego hurled the piece of shrapnel he carried into the gap of the descending door in time to wedge it in place. There was a groan as the door fought against the metallic wedge Diego had improvised, but it held.

To his right and somewhere behind his Diego caught sight of Colonel Costa rushing forward. She scooped up the grenade in her offhand and in one fluid motions sent it flying through the gap n the door. Seconds after reaching the other side of the barrier it went off. Screams of pain could be heard from the grenade's victims. Costa did not hesitate though, barking out orders.

"Covering fire on the door. You and you, on point. Move!"

The woman in command pointed at two of her subordinates, chosen to lead the charge past the door. As soon as the suppressing fire began, they were on the move, and the Colonel shortly behind them. The rest of the force followed. Finally, you moved forward. After how many times repeating this one event? On the other side of the door you see the bodies battled by the fragmentation grenade. The tunnel itself is sturdy and remains largely unaffected by the conflict, save for some hold from high speed ballistics shot out of man portable rail guns.

The Colonel gives directions and you group moves quickly through the tunnel network at a quick clip, in formation too. For Diego, traveling underground may have been confusion. Even if he had a basic idea of the complex's layout from past experiences, they did not seem to be heading towards any critical or strategically important areas. Yet they delved deeply at the heart of the facility. As group you are able to make some ground with only minor resistance in the form of one or two stragglers that were falling back or caught by surprise. But that does not last. Eventually you meet with a well prepared defense. Armored and armored soldiers in defensible positions: behind defensive knocks, barricades, and corners. They're ready for you now.
OOC wrote:You are at 1 success out of 6 you need and 2 out of 5 failed checks before the challenge is lost.

Here is a link to some information on the Cheyenne Mountain Complex: here

Presently you are dealing with an entrenched, numerically superior force. Describe how you the PCs would play a significant role in overcoming this as you move through the underground tunnel system of this base. Then make your challenge check with a trait you feel is suited to it, or you may ask me for advice on what is fitting.
Last edited by Sakuro on Thu May 16, 2019 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Supernaturalist

Iona
HP:1

Iona's mind races as she tries to imagine a way to block the absorption and transmission of energy with regard to Colonel Costa.

Iona raises her voice so that she can be clearly heard by both Peter and Dr. Sokolov. "We need some kind of barrier. Something that will block a broad range of energy. It needs to be dense enough to shield against all wavelengths of EM energy as well as charged sub-atomic particles. It also must be well insulated so that kinetic/heat energy cannot easily pass through it. Those are the only types of energy that I know how to block. If it's a form of energy that is outside the Standard Model, them I'm at a loss."

The female cyborg then turns specifically to Dr. Sokolov. "Doctor, do we have any such materials available in the facility? If so, then Peter could monitor the Colonel. While..." Iona pauses as she stares nervously at Hitori, "...Hitori and I could retrieve them."
OOC: Ok, I'm not sure if this post was adequate. I'll be honest, I'm pretty stumped on what to do. Especially if the energy source/type is "supernatural". Anyway, I'm willing to burn my last HP to get some more insight, if necessary.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

Well it worked. He got some strange looks, but as long as he got results it all worked out. Getting into the Cheyenne Mountain Complex was only the first step it seemed as he was still in the mindscape. The colonel had a goal which almost made him think they just rolling a boulder up a hill perpetually. Sisyphus didn't have a seasoned spy to help him though.

In truth, Diego was a bit surprised on the light resistance as they progressed through the base. Given the various op centers and fallback nature of the base, he half expected it to be crawling with guards during such a time in the war. Maybe it was just a good surprise, however. Despite that, he still kept an eye out for any traps being laid or soldiers amassing to oppose the advance. He saw the resistance. It didn't give him hope a rush on the position would work.

Not wanting to repeat the loop again, jeopardizing Costas, Diego hurried up and thought. The resistance forces seemed dug into their positions. Charging in would only lead to being picked off, waiting in a shoot out would mean they would likely be flanked, taking longer would require knowing the objective, and simply trying to collapse the tunnels would cut them off as well. If he could just get the defenders to move somehow. Quickly, he thought to the capabilities of the suit and what if any communication manipulation abilities it had. Comrades in trouble, a commanding officer ordering to fall back, or even pulling troops to defend another position could all work. In addition, if he could convince Costas, maybe do a misdirect attack somewhere else. Whatever he did, he had to think fast.
Mainly a post to get Diegos thoughts out. No real action yet.
How much would he know of the suits capabilities? If I need a roll, I can make one as needed.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Dr. Sokolov does not so much as look at Iona while she shares her concerns and ideas. Not until she mentions bringing Hitroi out into the wider faciluty to assit her. At that point he pauses what he is doing and looks at the pair, his voice firm. Indicating a clear line he refused to compromise on.

"No. Zanzo-sensei may not leave this room, except to return to the first floor. I do not want Null's minions spying on my affairs."

There is a pause as the armored scientist stares at Iona and Hitori with faintly glowing white optics. Then his head turns and he looks at the prone for of Colonel Costa in the cryo-unit.

"One of the Ascension chambers should suit your needs. Not the Colonel's, as it may have been compromised. They were designed to block even exotic energy sources. Though they are not impervious, and continued strain will weaken their integrity over time. You'll need to work out a way to pipe in the cryo-unit's cooling system if you plan to still make use of it. You'll find any equipment you need in the same place the cryo-unit was stored."

After offering up this information in a fashion that feels like a mentor advising a pupil on their personal project, Dr. Sokolov resumes whatever he was doing. Though he says one last thing, his tone carrying with it a note of dismissiveness.

"While you fret over a handful of lives I am trying to save this, and other cities, from devastation. Bear that in mind next time you think to interrupt me."
OOC wrote:What Iona is proposing by trying to "block the energy" is another stop gap. It will buy time. Not solve problem.

A Technology check is going to be needed if you want to try to combine the Ascension Chamber's energy blocking with the cryo-unit's cooling. It will be a high DC. It will also take a good amount of time to accomplish. You'd be cobbling together two pieces of super-science equipment into one.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Peter Ezima
COND: -1, Staggered

"It won't." Peter had to tell Hitori, and he had to refrain again from answering Iona's excellent but problematic suggestion - because Null had stripped him of much of his abilities and decided not to return them after ordering him to save Costa. An absolutely brilliant master of strategy - at least Peter could keep that within his own head, he hoped.

Dr. Sokolov's suggestion offered another option to buy more time. "It's all stopgaps unless the process halts. But for now, it'll give us more. We need insulated tubing, heat exchangers..." Peter began rattling off the list of items they needed to set it up.
Technology: 1d20+16 27
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Supernaturalist

Iona
HP:0

Dr. Sokolov's suggestion is difficult but workable - with the proper additional parts. When Peter begins to rattle off a list of necessary components, Iona makes a mental note of each one. She also tries to imagine possible alternatives to certain parts just in case they are not available in the storage rooms.

"Thank you, Sirs." She says nodding vaguely in both Peter and Dr. Sokolov's direction. "I shall retrieve the necessary items and return as soon as possible."

How am I gonna carry all this stuff? On her way out the doors, Iona grabs a wheeled medical-stretcher. I'll have to use this as a "shopping-cart".

Her time in the large storage room is spent assessing the whether the parts available meet the description of Peter's requirements. Iona decides to err slightly on the side of bringing too much back to the lab. Stacking flexible-tubes, pipes, and connectors onto the stretcher, she grabs anything she feels imminently useful (including some tools). By the time she is through, she realizes that she has too much to fit just on the wheeled stretcher. She decides to carry some of the items whilst magnetically "repelling" the metal stretcher down the hallway to the lab.

Upon returning, she brings the items to rest near the base of the Ascension Chamber used by "Mr. Chen." There! This one should be functioning properly.

"Ok, Peter, your the engineer. I'll take over monitoring of the cryo-chamber; and I'll offer you assistance as need be, but this is clearly your area of expertise."
OOC: Ok, since Peter has a higher technology roll that I, I'd rather let him do the construction whilst I "Aid" him. That is if you will allow it.
Here's my roll in case you do: Supernaturalist:1D20+9 → 10(1 + 9) How many ones have I rolled lately?
Ok, I'll use my last HP to re-roll. That is unless you charged me an HP to get a suggestion from Dr. Sokolov. If so, then 10 is my roll. Otherwise, I'll spend my HP and here is my re-roll: Supernaturalist:1D20+9 → 10(1 + 9). Ooooo....much better. When I add 10 to the roll, that makes it a 29. Does that add 5 to Peter's roll?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

So Peter and Iona's work on the containment pod began. Ideas bubble into their minds that wouldn't make sense to anyone else. New thoughts. New ways of thinking and achieving what should not be possible. A nesciary trait, considering they are working with things that should not exist. They should not exist. Still, the work is mentally taxing despite their acuity. It requires both of them leaving Iona with little idle time beyond what she needs to check up on Colonel Costa and make adjustments to her coolant needs. Corporal Sanders remains observant, but out of the way while all of this happens. For the most part the two are left undisturbed. Though a couple hours into their work Dr. Sokolov stops his works, muttering ...

"This will not do."

… before stepping away from his terminal and walking towards the door. As he makes his exit he raises his voice.

"Iona, I leave this to you. You are in charge here."

Then he is gone, though the door. Though what Iona hears, which the others do not, is:

"If they give you trouble, activate the security system."

She can then feel the digital key she had been granted change. A new function, or degree of access, added to it.

Hours pass. The concentration of the scientist and the engineer strain as they are forced to improvise ways of ensuring the ability to regulate temperature within the Ascension chamber without compromising it's shielding. By the time they finish their work the day has come and gone. Their initial tests show that the shielding holds, and Iona is able to begin preliminary tests to assure that she is able to regulate the interior temperature of the chamber before moving the Colonel into it.
OOC wrote:Supernaturalist rolled a 10 on their re-roll. Adding in the +10 from using a HP to re-roll makes it a 20. That is enough to get the +5 bonus for the Aid cheek. Which makes Peter's result a 32. It takes you sixteen hours of work, but the job get's done.

At this point Hitori and Peter are getting tired. For now I will assume they are resting, either in the lab or on the first floor. If the players decide their characters want to remain active, I will have them start making checks to see whether they start getting negative conditions.

Corporal Sander is still present. She is going to choose to remain in the lab with the unconscious Ascendants as long as she is allowed to.

Iona has also been given the activation codes for the lab's security systems. Though not actual control of them. So she may turn them on in an emergency, but what happens after that will be out of her hands.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez
HP: 1->0

Diego had decided on a course of action. It wasn't very soldier like or particularly valiant, but between charging well defended positions and being a little less than honourable, he would go with less honourable every time. Luckily during the trek one of the soldiers had a radio on him. If even half the positions fell for his impending feint it might just be enough for the others to break through. Of course, first there was convincing Colonel Costas who seemed hell bent on looping a doomed mission.

"Colonel, with you permission, I will try and draw off some of the defenders in our path.", says Diego summoning his best soldier tone and cadence over the comms. "I might just be able to draw off enough to clear us a path. After I send out a message over their radios of some other position being attacked, they might split their forces and abandon their positions.", continues Diego. He knew he wasn't a high ranking soldier, but he hoped his previous stunt had granted him some credibility.
This next bit is assuming Costas doesn't resist.

Drawing on his knowledge of the facility, the path they were taking, and any visual signs Diego tried to figure a place in the base that was away from their path. Tapping the radio of one of the stragglers, Diego speaks into choosing words he had heard so many times during the war in the units he was spying on. Units advancing on our position, there is too many of them! We need backup. Repeat we need back up., starts Diego adding the place he could figure best. Lock and load! Give em , adds Diego dropping the radio on the ground and walking past it a few times on the floor out of sight of the defenders.
The basic idea is he is going to try and get as many defenders as possible out of position to make easier targets for assault or just to go to a different area of the base completely. I am not well versed in military jargon, so summoned the best war movie dialogue I could think up.
Also, you mentioned there was some stragglers, so I assumed they had a radio or some sort of communication standard issue he could loot.

Deception 17 Blah, blowing final HP
Deception 18 + 10 for a 28 worth it.
Supernaturalist

Iona
HP:0
"Iona, I leave this to you. You are in charge here."
Dr. Sokolov leaves without a word as to why. And though the Doctor is a powerful man in his own right, she cannot help but be concerned. After all he is her creator, mentor, and master.

I hope he'll be ok. I'd like to think he'd contact me if he were to fall into trouble.

Iona turns back to the super-science project so recently completed by Peter and herself. This should work, but only a test will confirm it. "Hitori?" Iona cannot help but feel embarrassed at how she's treated the creature as a slave. It's not as if he can help being what he is. "Hitori, I need your strength one last time. I know I have not said so, but I do appreciate your cooperation. Lifting all these heavy bodies is not really my forte'. Would you be so kind as to place Colonel Costa into the the recently modified Ascension-chamber?"
Assuming he complies, I'll continue.
Iona then looks to both Peter and Hitori. "You two look weary. It has been a very eventful day. Peter, if you'd like to rest, you could lock the wheels on one of the medical-stretchers. It's not the most comfortable bed, but it's far better than an examination table or the floor. Hitori, I'm afraid you're just too big for anything we have in the lab. I'm sorry, but you'll have to make due with whatever room you can find to curl up and sleep."

The young cyborg then looks back to the control panel of the newly conjoined cryo-unit. "I'll monitor the Colonel. If something goes South, I'll wake you, Peter. Ok?" Iona begins to turn away from Peter when she sees just how much his injury at the hands of Null is bothering him. She takes a step closer to him and extends her left hand towards the wound. "I am exceptionally well-versed in medical treatment. I'm willing to treat you if you but give the permission."
OOC: If Peter wants to RP the treatment, we can do that in the Extended Interludes thread. Otherwise, I'll continue to research some means of bringing the Colonel out of her "hybernation". Do I need to make a treatment roll for Peter if he opts for care? If so, just say the word.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

OOC wrote:Supernaturalist, for now, we are going to assume that Peter and Hitori are resting. Moving on from that, what is Iona going to do? If you have questions feel free to ask them. At one point she asked about where the energy Colonel Costa is absorbing was coming from. Do you want to look into that?
Amidst the roar of gunfire Diego makes his way up to the Colonel's side to get her attention and share his plan to divert some for the enemy force and weaken the opposition immediately in their path. Pulling back from a corner Costa makes certain there is a wall between herself and the oncoming weapon fire before he turns her attention to the spy whispering plans of battle strategy into her ear. When she gives Diego her attention the faceplate of her helmet folds back to reveal her heart shaped face and to vibrant emerald green eyes. She regards Diego, as they placing him to his actions, and thinks on what he's said before giving a nod.

"Give it a shot. It won't hurt anything to try."

… and he does. Someone on the other end of the radio replies, but Diego doesn't manage to make any words out. He's walking away, and there is gunfire all around. While Diego is doing this the Colonel is talking with one of her subordinates who breaks away with a group of six people. Diego doesn't see what becomes of them, but see the pressure lessens ahead of them. Then there is an explosion amongst the enemy ranks. For a moment the guns stop firing from the enemy position, and in that moment Colonel Costa give an attack order.

Whatever the team the Colonel sent out to do, it worked with Diego's plan. The opposition had thinned and was now in disarray as you advance. Many die. Some retreat. Few get away. Once through this patch of resistance Colonel Costa divides her force up into squads and sends them out to various locations. Diego, for his contribution to the conflict, is pulled into the squad accompanying the Colonel as they press on to what looks like an improvised laboratory. As you breach men in white long coast with hand guns are quickly talked out by the people on point. The the Colonel enters. Unexpectedly a man steps out from behind a door off to the left side of the room, his gun levels on the Colonel and he fires off a single shot before getting gunned down by the rest of the squad.

Costa has fallen onto her back, rifle scattering to the side. There is a hole in her helmet and a splatter of blood is visible on her faceplate. Low unintelligible noises come from her and her limbs move subtly suggesting that there is still some life in her. While the Colonel's escort is coming to grips with the shock of their superior's vulnerable state and the sudden surprise attack … you hear the sounds of boots beating against the ground outside in the hall.
OOC wrote:The radio is something Diego is able to loot. Don't worry about military jargon, being scientifically accurate, and so further. We're using somewhat realistic comic book/fiction flair.

Diego's ploy is successful. He is at 2 successes and 1 failure on the challenge. One more success is all he needs.

Now Diego has a seriously injured, or dying, Silvia Costa on the ground and an enemy force closing in on his location. What is he going to do to try to deal with this?
Last edited by Sakuro on Sun May 19, 2019 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.