For all of your Play-By-Post games.
mrdent12

Re: [IC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator:Terrible Purpose

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez
HP: 1
CND: -1 toughness(lasting damage)
Form: solid

"Out alone in a mad chase again? Mattaku, Diego-san, you never learn. Perhaps you are all confident now that you got ascended, but dont let the foam get too high or it may spill from your glass. I will go with you this time. No, it is not up for discussion."
Diego tweaked his eye brow at the alone remark only for a moment. Hitori was probably sleeping despite appearances, so he let the missing the bit about asking Sanders to guide slide. "We will need to discuss a proper disguise or way to conceal you quickly. Your appearance isn't likely to go unnoticed.", remarks Diego.
Nareik123

Post by Nareik123 »

Reaper

The rage of the battle of the Cheyenne complex brought Reaper back memories of a life she once had. The mag rifle and the armour contributed to her reminiscence. These memories felt faded and far off, her metamorphosis to an Ascendant the result of that. But the fact that she still remembered them was strange. She was expecting that her new form would wipe away her memories, that Alex Thompson died and Reaper was born in her body, two distinct beings whose only connection was the body they shared, and even that was radically altered to suit the needs of an Ascendant of War.

Her reminiscence was cut short, in her role of keeping Costa alive, she felt bulleta ring off her armour. Until one didn't and hit an exposed armour of the joint. She felt excruciating pain and dropped into the floor. She felt Darkness closing over her.
This is how I die, stuck in someone else's mind Alex thought grimly, as darkness over took her vision.

Her eyes opened, and Reaper didn't miss a heart beat. She surged up from her table, raising a hand rapidly. Orange light gathered at the pal of the hand until the hand illuminated brightly as she scanned the room. Seeing as she was still in the surgical room, with familiar faces, she lowered her hand and let the Photon energy building up dissipate harmlessly. She scanned the room, taking in the current situation. Her thoughts, she noticed, were more structured and logical, not her thoughts in the mind Scape. She assumed that whatever combat focused program in her brain was keeping emotion and feeling behind a solid wall of logic.
"What has happened while I was out?"
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Iona
HP:1
Cnd: Normal
PP:0

Hitori had been compliant with Iona's requests for help. Nevertheless, there is great resentment building within him. When he finally chooses to speak, his words are harsh.
"Let me be direct, puppet: Do not confuse my cooperation with friendship. Your master killed my friend, I will not forget that, and neither should you. Your creator is a monster worse than me, but on the inside."
Iona cannot help but be unnerved by the frightening thing that is "Hitori". He looks unnatural and monstrous in every way. Caught off guard, she stutters as if to say something, but no words come out. She merely stares wide-eyed at the beast until he turns and walks away. For a moment, he even frightens her enough to make her forget about the security system at her disposal...but only for a moment.

My goodness, could Dr. Sokolov really be as bad as this creature says? If he were so mean, why would he create a creature like me...endowed with so many gifts? Hitori simply must be exaggerating.

When Diego finally decides to address Iona concering his knowledge of "The Eye", his answer is abrupt and uninformative, which is not completely unexpected.
We will do our part if you will do yours with Peters assistance of course.
"Of course, I shall Mr. Gonzalez. It would be a heinous act to harm a patient under my direct care. I shall do everything in my power to keep her body alive as long as possible."

A moment later, the now-conscious creature who - at one time - was the fit young female soldier known as Alex Thompson awakens.
"What has happened while I was out?"
"Ah, Mrs. Thomp..." Iona catches herself mid name, uncertain as to the preferred nomenclature of this new being. "...your co-Ascendent, Colonel Costa is still unconscious. She is relatively stable now, but she has less than a day of life left unless she receives aid. Mr. Gonzalez will have to fill you in on the details of her condition, as I am only knowledgeable of so much."

As Diego, Reaper, Hitori, and Colonel Sanders discuss their impeding mission, Iona turns to Peter. "I'm glad that you are staying, Peter. In the short-term, Colonel Costa will only require intermittent inspection. I've set the control to warn us via alarm if the Colonel's energy levels begin to rise or fall at a rate greater than 5% of their current readings. I was hoping - if you would be so kind - as to help me with some of the maintenance issues surrounding the damaged Ascension chamber. I have been tasked with servicing and cleaning them if time permits, and idleness makes be quite anxious." Iona then gazes over at the Ascension-chamber used for Colonel Costa's transformation.

"The 5th chamber - the one that contained Colonel Costa - is still quite dangerous to interact with. It's also the chamber with the most complicated technical issues. Would you be willing to take a look over the distribution system that feeds the power-load into the Ascension-chamber as well as the chamber itself ? I'd like to have the power shut off without having to damage or destroy any further components of the chamber itself or the power distribution-system leading to the chamber. I can assist you if you like, but I'd like to hurry up and finish the other maintenance before Dr. Sokolov returns and -of course - before I must return to a more continuous monitoring of the Colonel. If you are still a little tired, you could rest a bit in order to return to full health. If you do not wish to help due to a distaste for Dr. Sokolov, I understand. I can manage on my own if you would be willing to bear more responsibility for monitoring the Colonel."
Camus

Re: Hitori Zanzo

Post by Camus »

LP: 1
CND:

The creature would have smiled, but he had no face. Instead, his shape melted, his bony plates sinking in his now more fluid body, and shrinked. The hulking monster turned into a beat-up old man. "Would this suffice?" the old man says, sporting Hitoris trademark smirk.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Peter Ezima
HP: 2
COND: -1, Staggered (Regenerating)
Supernaturalist wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:54 pmAs Diego, Reaper, Hitori, and Colonel Sanders discuss their impeding mission, Iona turns to Peter. "I'm glad that you are staying, Peter. In the short-term, Colonel Costa will only require intermittent inspection. I've set the control to warn us via alarm if the Colonel's energy levels begin to rise or fall at a rate greater than 5% of their current readings. I was hoping - if you would be so kind - as to help me with some of the maintenance issues surrounding the damaged Ascension chamber. I have been tasked with servicing and cleaning them if time permits, and idleness makes be quite anxious." Iona then gazes over at the Ascension-chamber used for Colonel Costa's transformation.

"The 5th chamber - the one that contained Colonel Costa - is still quite dangerous to interact with. It's also the chamber with the most complicated technical issues. Would you be willing to take a look over the distribution system that feeds the power-load into the Ascension-chamber as well as the chamber itself ? I'd like to have the power shut off without having to damage or destroy any further components of the chamber itself or the power distribution-system leading to the chamber. I can assist you if you like, but I'd like to hurry up and finish the other maintenance before Dr. Sokolov returns and -of course - before I must return to a more continuous monitoring of the Colonel. If you are still a little tired, you could rest a bit in order to return to full health. If you do not wish to help due to a distaste for Dr. Sokolov, I understand. I can manage on my own if you would be willing to bear more responsibility for monitoring the Colonel."
"I'm more than willing to help." Peter assured Iona with a smile. "Believe me, I am still upset about what happened to Dr. Kripke, but I won't hold it against you."

And also it was an opportunity to gather more information on Dr. Sokolov's technology - another thing that could help mollify Null. It wasn't exactly pleasing to use Iona's trust like this, but the rift between Sokolov and Null was palpable.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

The Corporal Sander looks between the various parties as they engage with each other, and Diego when he speaks directly to her. Her face scrunches up when she watched Hitori's body change shape. A person of lesser resolve would have vomitted ... if they hadn't already fled in fright. Eventually he offered a slow nod at the idea of Diego and Hitori taking on their stolen forms. The deception or normality by unnatural beings.

"Looking human … er normal … that is it'll .. I'm going to wait at the elevator."

After struggling between being frank and not offending people about potentially touchy subject matters the dark skinned woman sighs. Unless someone opts to stop her, she followed through with her statement and moved to exit the room in favor of heading to the elevator. If they were leaving, that would be the way to go.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

The creature would have smiled, but he had no face. Instead, his shape melted, his bony plates sinking in his now more fluid body, and shrinked. The hulking monster turned into a beat-up old man. "Would this suffice?" the old man says, sporting Hitoris trademark smirk.
"That form will do. If we get into a battle, ti would be best to keep people who view your true form to a minimum. They already know about you, but not your appearance changing abilities yet.", responds Diego to Hitori's form. It would seem they would have a possibly easier time getting around so long as they didn't do anything stupid. Without Levi it would be easier. Despite the short time as a team member with him, the man had potential. They needed Sokolov though. Killing him wasn't an option and Diego wasn't even sure they could even with their new abilities. A healthy fear of Praetor Null should keep the doctor in line hopefully.
"Of course, I shall Mr. Gonzalez. It would be a heinous act to harm a patient under my direct care. I shall do everything in my power to keep her body alive as long as possible."
"It is good at least one of the people in this lab is not a narcissistic sociopath. You may yet prove you are not just puppet of a man who would tempt the wrath of Praetor Null for your ego.", remarks Diego as he leaves to follow Sanders. She wasn't taking it well, but she knew to do her job and over time she would come to accept this new world just like Diego would need to come to grips with who he now was.

As he walked to the elevator, he explained the situation to Alex over the Ascendant link. It seems the trauma in her mindscape ties back to a failed attack on the Cheyanne base where she may have lost an eye if the experience is to be taken as the literal event. Combined with the trauma of her transformation it was too much. I can only think that the object they may have been seeking, the Eye of Odin, will help her to come to grips and control her powers. I can get a feeling for where the gem is, but pinning it down is another matter. WE also do not know what we will be heading into., conveys Diego.

Once Hitori joins him, he looks at the monster turned into the face of an old man. "While I was away, what happen here? Why did Sokolov kill Levi? Also, did anything else happen I should know about that Dr. Kripke or someone else might have done?", asks Diego. Sometimes he felt like he was trying to herd wild cats with the team, but hopefully now they would be more responsible.
Camus

Hitori Zanzo

Post by Camus »

LP: 1
CND:

Hitoris face turns into a frown. "I fear Levi might have found something about the maro virus Sokolov didnt like. Levi was working on samples from me before being infected and comparing them with ones of my current form. He emerged from his lab and went straight to the elevator, saying he needed to speak to Sokolov about what he had found. I couldn't stop him, he had a way with words, reminded me of father. Anyway, he got in that damned elevator and it was the last time I saw him alive. A few hours later his body was in the elevator, just dead, no visible injury or anything." He explains.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

The naive doctors inability to think rationally finally got to him. "I would have held him at gun point. If he persisted a bullet to the head would have been a more merciful end than whatever happened to him in this mad scientists lair.", says Diego stepping into the elevator.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

You find Sanders lingering at the elevator doors, her back to one of the flanking walls. When Hitori and Diego exit the lab her head turns towards them and big brown eyes follow their advance on. She inevitably catches some of the conversation the two men are having. Her lips form an upside diwn crescent, frowning. No comment is made though. She just pushes the button to summon the elevator. By the time you arrive at her position the doors have opened with her extending a hand to keep them from automatically shutting. After Hitori and Diego enter the elevator Sander follows and presses the button for the first floor.

"We are going to need a vehicle to get around quickly. I should be able to handle that. Do we need anything else? What if the objective is in a Stronghold military installation? What if it is outside the city? You have a plan or are we winging it all the way?"

As the lab used for Ascension was on the second floor, the trip up is not long and soon the doors are opening again, allowing for you exit back to the hospital level that Dr. Sokolov had allowed your group to occupy after helping him exfiltrate from the Stronghold facility in Ward 8 almost a week ago.
OOC wrote:Are you Diego and Hitori taking anything with them besides themselves?

As a note, Hitori carrying his swords is not going to be subtle. Even if he is in the form of a normal human.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

As the elevator ascends, Diego takes in Sanders words. "I do not like to wing it, but the sense I have fo where the Eye of Odin is located
isn't precise or mappable. Much of what is happening to me now is still very foreign to me. If it wasn't to save Colonel Costas life and the time table we have, I would suggest a scouting mission to map out paths and assess the area before attempting to get the eye. As it is though, we have maybe 24 hours. If we get close enough, I might be able to sneak up in the darkness that may be around it. My proper form now might easily be mistaken for just an odd shadow."
, says Diego with noticeable tones of bother in his voice.

It was at this time that the clothes he thought he formed started to fade away revealing the naked body of a forty two year old man who was only in ok shape. Forming clothes was more difficult than he had imagined. Deciding it best to avoid standing their naked, he drops the visual ruse and becomes a black figure with a little black mist around him again. "We might need to stop by my cache of disguises. A naked man or woman would probably draw quite a bit of attention in this city.", says Diego without a hint of shame. Any thing he might give off was purely tactical. Trying again to get some clothing formed, it just won't happen yet. Maybe too much thinking.

"Your concern of the ad hoc nature of this mission is understandable. It is exactly the kind of missions I myself prefer to avoid. As we get closer, we will need to do the surveillance work. Peter may also be able to assist if he can gain access to the CCTV and network of the city.", adds Diego making his way to where he stashed his disguises.

Peter, we may need your assistance as we travel with the cities network of cameras if you can tap into them from this lab. Any eyes we can get on the path will be vital., sends Diego to Peter over the link.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Iona
HP:1
Cnd: Normal
PP:0
EnigmaticOne wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:11 am "I'm more than willing to help." Peter assured Iona with a smile. "Believe me, I am still upset about what happened to Dr. Kripke, but I won't hold it against you."
"I regret what happened to your comrade...the doctor that is. I don't really understand the details of what happened, but it sounds like a very unfortunate misunderstanding." Iona places rubber gloves over her hands before wheeling a modest-sized cart loaded with tools, bottles of cleaning-agents, small containers labeled "biohazard", and an assortment of cloth-rags and small swabs.

"Peter, I'd recommend some rubber gloves if you desire to touch components on the inside of the chamber. Various chemicals were pumped through injectors during the ascension process. There may be traces of them on the interior. Though none of them are lethal through skin-contact, some are mildly corrosive. It's your call as to the level of risk you wish to take. I have extra pairs of gloves if you need them."

As Iona opens the lid of the first Ascension-chamber, she glances briefly at both Peter and Reaper. "I read files on the both of you; your achievements are quite remarkable."

She then climbs halfway into one the chambers and begins to work. Adjusting to the muffling affect, she raises her voice slightly so that both can hear her. "I can see why Preator Null singled you out among so many others for Ascension. For the record, I must say that I share your dedication to the building of a better world."

She pokes her head back outside the chamber to make sure she is clearly heard by both, "Isn't that strange? That I seem to have a fondness for Imperator's Cause just as you do? Your comrade Hitori accused me of being a puppet. Instead of making me mad, it made me think. If Dr. Sokolov created me only to be his unquestioning slave, why would he provide me with an artificial ethic-component which would allow me to highly value things other than loyalty to him?" Iona pauses for a second as if in thought herself.

"Anyway, my point is that I hope you new Ascendants will not be so harsh on Dr. Sokolov. He is a difficult man to read, that much I'll confess. But he does seem to have principles. At the very least he honors his agreements. He is tough but fair or so it seems to me. And to me, he has been quite gracious so far. That's why I find it so difficult to see him as you see him."

Iona pauses to pick up a futuristic-looking electric-wrench and cloth-swab. "But...forgive me for rambling." She turns back to her work...removing a metal-case that covers several robotic scalpels, saws, and hypodermic needles.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Peter Ezima
HP: 2
COND: Regenerating
mrdent12 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 2:28 amPeter, we may need your assistance as we travel with the cities network of cameras if you can tap into them from this lab. Any eyes we can get on the path will be vital., sends Diego to Peter over the link.
*My abilities don't change the nature of Hadron's security systems, Diego. They are no more amenable to remote access than before.* Peter responded.
Supernaturalist wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 2:06 pm"I regret what happened to your comrade...the doctor that is. I don't really understand the details of what happened, but it sounds like a very unfortunate misunderstanding." Iona places rubber gloves over her hands before wheeling a modest-sized cart loaded with tools, bottles of cleaning-agents, small containers labeled "biohazard", and an assortment of cloth-rags and small swabs.

"Peter, I'd recommend some rubber gloves if you desire to touch components on the inside of the chamber. Various chemicals were pumped through injectors during the ascension process. There may be traces of them on the interior. Though none of them are lethal through skin-contact, some are mildly corrosive. It's your call as to the level of risk you wish to take. I have extra pairs of gloves if you need them."

As Iona opens the lid of the first Ascension-chamber, she glances briefly at both Peter and Reaper. "I read files on the both of you; your achievements are quite remarkable."

She then climbs halfway into one the chambers and begins to work. Adjusting to the muffling affect, she raises her voice slightly so that both can hear her. "I can see why Preator Null singled you out among so many others for Ascension. For the record, I must say that I share your dedication to the building of a better world."

She pokes her head back outside the chamber to make sure she is clearly heard by both, "Isn't that strange? That I seem to have a fondness for Imperator's Cause just as you do? Your comrade Hitori accused me of being a puppet. Instead of making me mad, it made me think. If Dr. Sokolov created me only to be his unquestioning slave, why would he provide me with an artificial ethic-component which would allow me to highly value things other than loyalty to him?" Iona pauses for a second as if in thought herself.

"Anyway, my point is that I hope you new Ascendants will not be so harsh on Dr. Sokolov. He is a difficult man to read, that much I'll confess. But he does seem to have principles. At the very least he honors his agreements. He is tough but fair or so it seems to me. And to me, he has been quite gracious so far. That's why I find it so difficult to see him as you see him."

Iona pauses to pick up a futuristic-looking electric-wrench and cloth-swab. "But...forgive me for rambling." She turns back to her work...removing a metal-case that covers several robotic scalpels, saws, and hypodermic needles.
Peter created a plain gray one-piece, along with the gloves. "I know. And Dr. Kripke technically broke that agreement. We understand that well enough, emotions by nature don't play well with logic though. I'll start on Costa's chamber."

First step, cutting the power. With his technopathic senses to help analyze it, doing so without damage - to himself or the components - and mentally documenting it should be a snap.
Technology: 1d20+16 35
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Peter begins making gestures in the air, manipulating augmented reality representations of a computer interface for the Ascension chamber which Colonel Costa had been in. He finds that there is no electronic means of cutting the power from the device. It needs to be done manually, but he is able to discover the … admittedly complicated … process by which the chamber may be shut off. His analysis of the digital data show no further electrical charge being conducted through the chamber. At least no at the dangerous levels that had wounded Diego earlier. The software relating to the device appears fine. Whatever caused the malfunction either is a hardware issue or came from an outside source that is no longer influencing the chamber's operations and functionality.

"You should get something for Master Zanzo to wear as well."

… remarks the Corporal as they exit the elevator and make their way onto the first floor. She leave Diego and Hitori to gather their things and, hopefully, dress themselves. When the find her again she is waiting at the front entrance of the building, looking out into the darkness. In her left hand she holds a flashlight which has yet to be turned on. Without turning his eyes to the two men on their approach, she speaks.

"This place is being watched. You notice that? Wouldn't be surprised if you were being tailed every time you went out either."

After voicing her observations she turned her turned to face the two superhumans.

"If you have what you need, I'll take point. Try to keep chatter low while we're in the Under City."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

To be on the safe side, as he had no idea where they would be heading, Diego made sure bring along his duffle of a couple outfits. For Hitori, he grabbed a garb of olde worn out clothes that would not stick out too much. For himself, he donned a leather jacket, jeans, and plain white shirt to match the standard outfit of the art dealer he was mimicking. While it was disconcerting to be going into a completely unknown situation, he didn't have much choice in the matter. Peter had to stay in the lab. Who knew what Sokolov would do with Costas.

Before heading out and following his intuition, Diego listened to Sanders advice and nodded in agreement. "If not the people experimented on by Sokolov, the eyes on us are likely hostile. Fortunately, we haven't done much to infuriate them. So hopefully, they will not be overly aggressive to us., says Diego He was fully aware he didn't have weaponry visible. This made him a target. perhaps it was his arrogance in his Ascendant abilities though that kept him feeling safer than before.

Looking around to hopefully get a gut feeling of where to go, he eyes didn't even seem to notice the darkness around him. Another nice gift it seemed. While those watching them might be trying to use the darkness to their advantage, he had the advantage of not having to worry about the dark. Tapping into whatever link he needed, Diego tried to get a sense of where to head. In all hopes, it would be an open area with no hostiles anywhere around. If the gem was in the hands of Stonghold though, that was a different story.