For all of your Play-By-Post games.
mrdent12

Re: [IC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator:Terrible Purpose

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez
HP: 2
CND: -1 toughness(lasting damage)
Form: solid

No Stronghold or soldiers visible, so that was promising. Putting the hoodie over his head, Diego gives a nod to Hitori. "When we get closer, if anything attacks us, I trust you can handle it until I get the gem. I do not know what may await us in that corn field.", says Diego. Giving another quick look around for good measure, just in case there was drones in the air or some other Stronghold forces, Diego pulls the car as close as he can to the main road and the corn field. Parking near the farm house would be a bit suspicious.

Making sure to leave the keys hidden in the car, can't have the escape vehicle be stolen after all, Diego motions to Hitori to follow keeping an eye out on the waking house. Underneath the long sleeves of the jean jacket, he was ready to make whatever weapons he could conjure in case of danger. It wasn't he was afraid. Fear didn't effect him terribly much anymore unless it was fear of Null. It was just better to be safe than sorry.
Stealth 14, Perception 25 Stealth to move as quiet as is possible in a corn field, perception to hear anyone who is not Hitori and Diego coming up
The intent of perception before was to see if any Stronghold soldiers were around for an ambush.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

There is a soft rustling as the two move through the rows upon rose of corn. It is difficult for Diego to maintain a human form and not brush up against something that makes noise. But it is almost indistinguishable from the sound of stalks rubbing against one another in the wind. Gently the green pillars sway in the breeze, bolstered by one another. The soil under your feet in bare and rich. Well tended. There is a light mist in the air and morning dew on the corn leave. The soils is faintly moist, making it look darker, but not so damp that it is turned to mud. As he walks Diego feels the guiding presence of Colonel Costa through the link, steering him. This way. Getting closer but not close.

He needs to go down. He feels it below him. Diego isn't directly over it, but it below him. Somewhere deep in the earth. After wondering for a time he comes to a place that is further away but feels … not right, but necessary. There is nothing around him other than corn, Hitori in his human disguise, and the dirt under his feet.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Iona
HP:1
Cnd: Normal
PP:0

Though she should not have been, Iona is surprisingly caught off guard by Peter's desire to use the return of the nanite-samples as leverage for his services.

This is an awkward silence over the comm-link as Iona ponders how to phrase her response. When she speaks, her reluctance to surrender the samples is clear.

"I...cannot return them at this moment. If my master orders their return to you, then I shall obey him."

Those samples are crucial to the balance of power in our cause. I hope the Good Doctor sees things the same way as me. Otherwise, his anger will be great. It is a risk I must take.

"Peter, if you wish to be on stand-by, then my offer remains. If time becomes crucial, I shall call upon you. If you are near enough to help, then so be it. If not, then whatever will be...will be."

Iona places the earbud on the table in front of Reaper and returns to monitor Colonel Costa.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Peter Ezima
HP: 1

So Iona was holding firm. She had basically admitted Sokolov had explicitly sought to violate Null's wishes, though. A dangerous thing, given the situation. But there was enough uncertainty and risk as it was, so Peter decided to take her up on the implicit offer of hospitality.

One thing that Ascension had not eliminated was fatigue. Whether or not it had eliminated the need for food and drink, Peter suspected the desire for it had not gone away. Time for some low-key experimenting with the first floor commissary.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

Of all the Ascendant gifts received, burrowing in the ground wasn't one of them. Holding a gem of such power under the corn field felt a bit strange to Diego, but then again he would have said looking for one with a viral infected monster with his native form being a cloud was also cheap science fiction. So, definition of strange was changing rapidly for him. It was funny, Diego couldn't help, but recollect, going into corn fields with girls for the things bored teens do in the night in the middle of nowhere Kansas.

There had to be a better way than straight down. Checking around a bit, he finally feels something. He can't quite place it, but it's pulling him to something. At first glance, all he can see is the same scene one would expect. Corn stalks, Hitori in human form, and dirt. "Something is here. Maybe a secret entrance, door, I don't know what.", says Diego in a whisper to Hitori motion him to help him look around the immediate location. Time was ticking, but Colonel Costas or whatever force was guiding him didn't want to tell him in words or images. Could have been worse. It could have.It could have shown him a planet eating space monster with a lot of read outs.
Perception 27 For the feeling around, maybe digging a little to see if the soil feels different, or picking up any clues by looking closer.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

After about a foot of digging Diego feels something hard under his fingers. Clearing away more dirt he eventually reveals the face of a metal hatch. at it's center is a square with a plate on hinges that appears to be shielding something. On lifting the plate he finds an electronit numerical keypad and a handle to grab onto. Moving dirt away from the sides he also finds small well conceal sensors built into the four corners of the hatch.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Iona
HP:1
Cnd: Normal
PP:0

After checking on Colonel's Costa's status, Iona returns back to the main-computer console from which she was monitoring the storm. She searches for any program which will allow her to access security-cameras both on the first floor and outside the facility.

I need to keep an eye on Peter if he decides to return.

As soon as she feels comfortable with her ability to personally monitor the first-floor and external areas around Dr. Sokolov's laboratory, she turns back to familiarizing herself with the functions and capabilities of Dr. Sokolov's computer-network. All the while she is careful to access programs for which she has permission.

I wonder what the ETA is for the storm impacting on Hadron City?

She takes a moment to focus back on the storm in order to see just how much time the urbanites above her have until the tempest comes slamming into the metropolitan area.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

If only Peter was present. Too late for could'ves, shoulda, or would'ves though and time was ticking. Just punching in any random numbers really wasn't an option here, but whoever was under the hatch would likely know they were there already if someone was under the hatch. For all he knew, the hatch was just a safe in the middle of a corn field. Diego was not terribly skilled in tech and he didn't imagine Hitori had many skills in that regard either.

Maybe, just maybe, there was someone past the hatch. Modulating his voice to speak with a Jersey accent befitting the shady drug dealing person he assumed the identity of, he looks over to Hitori. "Hey! I found it. That Russian guy was right about this place. Gonna be a good pay day for us. Just gotta enter the code. Now what was it. 8-6-7-5...3-0-9. Something like that yeah.", says Diego in a normal volume voice as he enters the code not expecting it to work. "You and me's, we are going to be rich! Easiest pick up ever.", continues Diego.
If any rolls are needed, I can edit them into the post. Since neither are people present are techies and Camus is still getting back into it, not sure what else to do other than to lure whoever might be down the hatch if anyone out with a ruse to hide their true power.
Camus

Hitori Zanzo

Post by Camus »

Diego was certainly clever. His bit would sound convincing if the people on the other side were expecting the casual treasure hunter. If not, then there wouldnt actually be much cover anyway, they would certainly shoot to kill. No matter, another easy lunch. "Vegas, here we go!" he said.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Iona finds Colonel Costa's condition as projected. Or near enough. The cryo-containment chamber is working hard to keep her cool, even though the temperatures she is being subjected to would likely kill a human being.

It does not take much effort for Iona to bring up a running video feed of Peter that follows his movements from the exterior of the building, to the main room, and eventually the cafiteria. There he seems to be inspecting the foot stocks.

According to Iona's calculations it will be roughly eight hours before the storm front is close enough to Hadron City to begin causing damage to the city's structures and infrastructure. The effects of the storm, however, are already being felt to a limited degree. Wind speeds have picked up. The sky has darkened in the south and it has begun to rain heavily.

Diego and Hitori play the part of bumbling treasure seekers and begin putting on a performance for any observers. If someone is even watching them. Diego pokes in a series of numbers into the keypad. Unsurprisingly the hatch does not open. Nor does it the half dozen of so following attempts. The pair carry on for several minutes and there is no notable reaction to their performance or half hearted attempt at getting past the hatch. There is only the growing rush of wind through corn rows and a sky that both lightens with the rise of the sun in the west and darkens with the approach of the storm from the south.
OOC wrote:If you continue to carry on as you have, something will eventually happen. But it may not be what you desire or expect.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

Time was a wasting and Diego, if he had the time, would have kept going. As it stood though, they had to rush. Clearly, if someone was watching, they weren't going to come out as soon as he would have liked them to. So, he took stock of the assets. Hitori was super strong, so maybe he could pull it open by force. At the very least, seeing a monster appear would trigger some response. Diego could cower and try to sell the whole he didn't know. With the focus on Hitori, he could hopefully sneak into the hatch. It was that or keep being an idiot.

"Dude, Boris was wrong. Those KGB guys aren't as smart as they say they are if they can't remember the combination of their own secret safe. He said you were a beast man. Like Arnold strong man and you can get twice as mean looking. Think you can pull it open? You haven't looked that strong on the way here, but theres millions waiting for us man. I'll just go stand back here. Last time I hit the weights was with this body building chick I was banging a few years ago.", says Diego as he backs away 15 feet or so nodding at Hitori.

If this didn't lure anyone out, Diego was down to interrogating whoever lived at the farm house.
Camus

Hitori Zanzo

Post by Camus »

"I am, I master the arts, even at this age. Look." Hitori says, in his old man disguise. He grabs hold of the latch and pulls to rip it off using his monstrous strength.

STR check 24
https://orokos.com/roll/737164
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Hitori grasps hold of the hatch's handle and pulls. The handle warps and groans before eventually snapping off of the hatch. Yet the hatch itself remains secured. Taking a more reliable hold on the edges of the hatch itself Hitori tries to lift and pull it open. Despite his superhuman strength it holds fast and he struggles with the barrier. Portions of it crumple under his grip. Gradually the corners bend. After a minute of pulling, twisting, and retching he eventually manages to rip the hatch off of it's hinges. It is no easy labor, but it is done

Looking inside, Hitori will find a shaft with a ladder that descends close to one hundred feet before reaching a floor and the beginnings of a tunnel with a door blocking it off.
OOC wrote:That check would not be enough to rip the hatch open. However you have enough time that Hitori could try and try again. He'd eventually damage the hatch enough that it might as well be ripped off it's hinges.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

It wasn't subtle. When he checked before, no one was around, but if someone was monitoring the sensors the screen would probably have been lit up like Christmas. Still, it worked. "After you old man. If you are as tough as you are strong, whatever is between us and the millions better to meet you first.", says Diego following Hitori down the now broken open hatch and keeping an eye out ont he way down and down the tunnel if they make it that far.
OOC
yeah, I need to stop posting when tired, forgot to add a perception roll for any cameras, sensors, etc. So, editing the post to include it. If too late, please disregard.
Perception 31
Camus

Hitori Zanzo

Post by Camus »

Hitori smirks in between panting, that thing was harder than he thought. "Better be worth it." he remarks,his inhuman senses look for life signs in the interior of the tunnel before he takes point in descending into the shaft.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ