For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Supernaturalist

Re: [IC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator: Recovery

Post by Supernaturalist »

John Steiner
HP:0
Cnd:Normal
PP:

That damn drone! John wants to take off again and just get Duncan (and himself) out of there. But the pursuing drone makes that impossible without being spotted.

Drawing the pistol from his jacket, John takes aim at the drone as it closes on his motorcycle. He squeezes off several rapid shots.
OOC: I think it's a Move Action to draw the pistol, then a Standard to fire. So, here is his attack roll: Supernaturalist: D20 + 8 → 19( (11) + 8). So, a total of 19.
[/quote

Glancing over his shoulder back at Duncan, John responds to the scientist's earlier suggestion. "I plan on heading the opposite direction of that vehicle. What can you do better, drive a motorcycle or fire a gun?"
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Supernaturalist wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:51 pm Glancing over his shoulder back at Duncan, John responds to the scientist's earlier suggestion. "I plan on heading the opposite direction of that vehicle. What can you do better, drive a motorcycle or fire a gun?"
Duncan Redwood
Duncan frantically said "Niether! I can't even ride a Bicycle without falling off. I could throw my helmet at the Driver's side, hope he'll suddenly brake..."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

John has to apply the breaks at the end of the alley and stop for a few seconds, waiting for a safe entry into traffic. Using that pause he opens up his jacket and works at drawing his pistol from it's holster. Seated as he is the angle is awkward, slowing his draw. Before he can turn to fire John spots his opening in the flow of traffic and accelerates, turning left and heading deeper into Ward 8.

Behind them Iona hovers between the alley exit and the armored chase vehicle, with come speeding into the alley. The gunner brings the barrel of the vehicles heavy machine gun to bear on Iona and opens up on her flashing bursts of yellow light from it's mouth and barking like a mad dog. Iona floats with her hand still stretched forwards, bullets careening to the side and peppering the walls and floor of that alley as she nudges them aside with an a application of her control over magnetism.

Seeing that bullets are having no effect on the woman in their way, the driver floors the gas peddle, sending the armored sports car accelerating towards the bloody android. But before the car can impact with her she flies up, above it. The chase car zooms under her, comes to a screeching halt out the other end of the alley, there the gunner braces himself and aims up at Iona.
OOC wrote:John uses a Move Action to drive and a Move Action to drawn his pistol. He doesn't have any more Actions after that.

The Chase Vehicle's Gunner opens fire on Iona. He misses.

The driver performs a Slam Action on Iona with the car. They miss as well.

Diego, Duncan and Iona are up.

Everyone is moving faster than Diego. Diego needs to make a DC 15 Athletics check and take two Move Actions just to keep up. Though for this round, all three Confiscated Cars are in range of a Move Action.
Initiative wrote: Confiscated Car #1 [Autumn Dawn front parking lot]
* Driver
* Passenger
Confiscated Car #2 [Autumn Dawn front parking lot]
* Driver
* Passenger
Confiscated Car #3 [Autumn Dawn front parking lot]
* Driver
* Passenger
John [1-way road heading deeper into War 8]
Chase Vehicle [far side of dark alley]
* Driver
* Gunner
Diego [Autumn Dawn front parking lot]
Iona [dark alley]
Duncan [1-way road heading deeper into War 8]
x1 Drones [dark alley]
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez
HP: 0
CND: Haunted, -1 toughness
Form: Mist

The drone and chase vehicle were within the ability of Iona to handle if she did it right. Diego wish he'd had a head set or connection similar to the other Ascendants with Iona right now. Of course, the headset would get in the way of his moving. The last thing he wanted to do was expose his full power for all eyes to see. Iona doing it was bad enough, but required.

Diego knew those three chase vehicles would pose more problems. He'd need to cut them off somehow. Give John a chance to escape. Cars, as expected were obeying the laws of the city, but what if one made a break for it as the others were stopping. Say didn't stop and slammed into other cars delaying the three chase vehicles. Diego made a quick look for a car that seemed rife for the initial chain vehicle. Something with a single occupant as best he could tell.

Sticking to the dark spots on the ground Diego worms his way into the vehicle staying low quickly reforming into a solid form of your typical mugger in a black ski mask. As he popped out one hand with a formed knife distinct from his previous morphed weapony went into the brain stem of the driver while the other swerved the wheel in the direction of other cars.
Take 10 to hit driver for power attack +/-3. If it matters, its DC 25 toughness.
Last edited by mrdent12 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Supernaturalist

Iona
HP: 1
Cnd: Bruised (-2 to DCs)
PP:0

The lack of immediate voice-communication between the teammates must be remedied in the future. Iona feels isolated in her attempts to a save John and Duncan as well as get the speciment back to base. But she is determined to do whatever it takes to succeed regardless of how messy things get in the interim.

When the enemy vehicle halts at the end of the alley, Iona again focuses her attention on the car. This time she trains her efforts on the rear tire and axel area of the car. Though made of rubber, a powerful enough current could travel through the tires, heating an subesequently melting them. But even if she misses and ends up blasting the entire back out of the vehicle, it matters little to her. The pursuit car must be disabled in order to deal with the drone that continues to threaten John and Duncan.

An outstretched hand triggers a large spark and accomanying "boom!" as she directs the electricity at the rear wheels and suspension of the Stronghold car.
OOC: Ok, here's my attack roll:Supernaturalist: D20 + 8 → 28( (20) + 8). Oh nice...a natural 20. That will be a total of 28. She is using her Ranged Electricity Damage 12 Effect.
Without missing a beat, the young cyborg then flies straight up and over the rooftop of an alleyway building, heading quickly in the direction that John turned.
OOC: Iona will not fly down the alleyway to turn on the street. She does not want to close any more distance with the Stronghold car. Instead, she goes up and over the top of the building beside her, anticipating John's location on the one-way street. She will move as fast as possible in order to try to shield John and Duncan from any further attacks by the drone.
Here is the Perception check you requested of Iona: Supernaturalist: D20 + 8 → 22(14 + 8). So, a total of 22.
Here is the DC 23 Toughness check you requested of her as well: Supernaturalist: D20 + 10 → 11(1 + 10). Yikes!...a natural 1. I'll have to spend a HP to reroll: Supernaturalist: D20 + 10 → 24(14 + 10). So, a total of 24..a success. I have lowered Iona down to 1 HP.
Last edited by Supernaturalist on Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Diego pops into a hip blue beetle. All shiny and looking brand new. Inside is a young blonde haired woman in the driver seat. She's listening to some music, happily seeing along to song playing over the car speakers.

"I wandered so aimless, life filled with sin
I wouldn't let my dear savior in
Then Jesus came like a stranger in the night ...
"

A menacing blade then rammed into her, cutting off her merry hymn and staining her seat and clothes red, wet, and smelling of tangy iron. The slick stickiness of it rolled down her neck and over Diego's weapon hand.

Seconds later Diego reached for the steering wheel, turned it towards the opposite lane, and sent the blue beetle careening into another car. The two vehicle plowed into one another. Metal crumpled and twisted. An airbag exploded in Diego's face. There was a brief moment of stillness, contrasting with a chorus of screeching breaks and honking horns. Then the chaos renewed itself, the world shook, and two cars that couldn't break fast enough came slamming into Diego's hijacked beetle.

A street away Iona hover in the air, like a goddess looking down on deviant mortals. An arc of electricity lances from her finger tips, down at the rear tire of the Chase Vehicle. There is a strong scent of burning rubber. Black smoke rises from the tire as it melts. Beyond that the visible metal of the wheel glows orange from the heat.

After launching her attack she takes off again, following in Joh an Duncan's wake as the two men head Eastward, and deeper into Ward 8. While she flies through the air, her hair pushed bac in the rush, she hears a soft hum near her. From below the drone pursing John and Duncan tips upwards, and it's machine gun opens fire, blasting her with bullets.

Back near the Autumn Dawn building the three civilian vehicles confiscated by Stronghold mercenaries take not of the crash caused by Diego. In order to avoid it they turn into the Autumn Dawn parking lot, and use the parking lot as a way to circumvent the resulting traffic jam. Following the main road East, them move with a purpose.
OOC wrote:Diego attacks and kills a civilian driver. The car crashes into a building. Traffic starts to become congested. Diego, however, needs to make a DC 20 Toughness check ... because he crashed into a car.

A couple cars crash into Diego's car, adding to the pile-up, make a DC 22 Toughness check. You also get 1 HP for this Complication.

Iona melts a portion of the rear axel of the Chase Vehicle. It won't be able to pursue anyone, but the Driver and Gunner are fine. Iona, make a Perception check.

Duncan maintains his Ready Action to Aid John's Dodge/Parry against the first attack directed at him or their motorcycle.

The Drone attacks Iona. It hits. Make a DC 23 Toughness check.

The three Confiscated Vehicles cut through the Autumn Dawn parking lot to avoid the traffic jam Diego created. This slows them down, but not by much as Diego may have hoped.

John is up.
Initiative wrote: Confiscated Car #1 [heading East, towards John and Duncan, on main street]
* Driver
* Passenger
Confiscated Car #2 [heading East, towards John and Duncan, on main street]
* Driver
* Passenger
Confiscated Car #3 [heading East, towards John and Duncan, on main street]
* Driver
* Passenger
John [heading East on 1-way road heading deeper into War 8]
Chase Vehicle [far side of dark alley] Immobile.
* Driver
* Gunner
Diego [inside crashed car, in front of alley]
Iona [dark alley]
Duncan [heading Eats on 1-way road heading deeper into War 8]
x1 Drones [heading Eats on 1-way road heading deeper into War 8]
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

"Umph" is what the driver would have heard if she didn't have Diego's bladed hand sticking through her head. He knew he had to get back out their and see if Iona or the drone could give him an idea of where to head next.
Toughness 21 vs DC 20
Toughness 11 vs DC 22, oh well the HP was nice while it lasted
Toughness17 + 10 vs DC 22
Supernaturalist

John Steiner
PP:

It’s not safe to drive back past the Autumn Dawn building. I need a route that will get me out of Ward 8 and that will allow me to avoid checkpoints. That may not be possible, but I have little choice. If I could just shake this drone, I could contact Ascendant Diego. I may have to let Duncan do that.

Turning his head so that the middle-aged scientist can hear him, John raises his voice. “Reach into my right, coat-pocket! There’s a burner phone in there. Send the Ascendant a short, cryptic message that we are looking for an alternate route out of the ward and we may need to be shepherded.

John begins to think of the possible roads that could lead him out of the Ward and eventually back to base without taking him near security checkpoints.
OOC: Ok, here is his Expertise: Hadron City roll: Supernaturalist: D20 + 6 → 16(10 + 6). So, a total of 16. I messed up and accidently made a previous roll of 17, but that was before I added the bonus, so I did not count that one. That would have made it a 23. But the actual roll is a total of 16.
OOC: John will also tuck the light pistol back into his left coat pocket. With Iona there to protect him, he does not want to the handgun to be in view (it also makes it harder to drive the cycle).
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Stiener wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:34 pm Turning his head so that the middle-aged scientist can hear him, John raises his voice. “Reach into my right, coat-pocket! There’s a burner phone in there. Send the Ascendant a short, cryptic message that we are looking for an alternate route out of the ward and we may need to be shepherded.
Duncan Redwood
HP-0 CND-Fine

Nodding his head, Duncan will fiddle around his right coat-pocket to get the burner. He'll immediately start texting the following message to the Ascendant;
"Hey A., this is Re using Hommie's phone. Hommie got us lost & need's a 411 for the Love Shack, maybe even need aSheepdawg to get us there. Think you can help yer Boi out?"**
**this was all done using Emoji's Duncan found on the burner.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

The route the team had planned out before the emission was devised from the combined regional and strategic knowledge of three people ... and none of them were under pressure. John was one third of that group and he was being driving a motorcycle while being chased by people shooting at him. The quick recollections that flashed through his head of city streets were only half helpful. He could think of ways out of the ward, but all of them were surely places Stronghold would put a checkpoint. He would.

Flying overhead Iona begin to close distance with John and Duncan when, in the distance, she sees a helicopter approaching from the East. The very direction they were heading.

Meanwhile, the Stronghold mercenaries that Iona had left in a disabled vehicle are still active. The gunner, wasting no time, sets about disconnecting the heavy machine gun from the Chase Vehicle while his counterpart flags down a passing car. When the vehicle stops, the driver pulls the civilians out of the driver seat and take it for himself. Hefting the large, high caliber weapon, the gunner joins him, taking the passenger seat with the machine gun braced on the door whose window it's barrel pokes out of.
OOC wrote:John has a choice, he can use the route the team planned for bypassing checkpoints into and out of the Ward. Or he can take a different route out of the Ward. One that steers clear of Autumn Dawn but would take him to a checkpoint

The Chase Vehicle's Driver and Gunner set about acquiring a new vehicle. They're listed under "Confiscated Car #4" now, to reflect the change in vehicle.

Diego, Duncan, and Iona are up.
Initiative wrote: Confiscated Car #1 [heading East, towards John and Duncan, on main street]
* Driver
* Passenger
* Driver
* Passenger
* Driver
* Passenger
John [heading East on 1-way road heading deeper into War 8]
Confiscated Car #4 [far side of dark alley]
* Driver
* Gunner
Diego [inside crashed car, in front of alley]
Iona [heading East on 1-way road heading deeper into War 8]
x1 Drones [heading Eats on 1-way road heading deeper into War 8]
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

While Diego didn't know where John was going, he could tell where the three chase vehicles he had mostly unsuccessfully delayed were heading. If that drone or other chase vehicle was still on johns heels, odds are they'd be heading there. Diego made sure he was out of view and returned to his native form high tailing it in the direction of the chase vehicles.

As he crept among the shadows as fast as he could leveraging any paths the three chase vehicles couldn't, he did his best to keep up and also see any signs of where John is fleeing such as civilians running, an android flying, drone, etc. If he couldn't see anything, the next step was to find a phone and hope Strongholds AI wasn't scanning texts or calls for any cells John might have.
Athletics 6
Perception 30 for any signs of where to go
Double move, but not terribly far.
Supernaturalist

Iona
Cnd: Bruised (-3 to DCs)
PP:0

Now she has spotted a helicopter off in the distance. Is it a police helicopter? A military helicopter?

For now, her focus was on getting the drone off the tail of John and Duncan. So many threats. I must prioritize.

The young cyborg, only a few feet away from the drone, forces a current from her hand through the flying machine.
OOC: Ranged Electricity Damage 12 Attack roll: Supernaturalist: D20 + 8 → 20(12 + 8) So, a total of 20.
OOC: Assuming that Iona destroys the drone, she will fly closer to John...just above him so he can hear her. If she does not destroy the drone, then she'll use a HP to make sure she hits it. Just let me know if I need to burn the last one and I'll make a re-roll. Regardless, she'll still speak to John as indicated below.
"Hurry and choose a quick route out of Ward 8 and back to base! Even if the route has a police checkpoint, I'll help force your way through it. Go!"
Here's my Expertise: Science Roll: Supernaturalist: D20 + 15 → 31(16 + 15). So, a total of 31.
Here's the results of the latest Damage Check: Supernaturalist: D20 + 10 → 20(10 + 10). So, she failed by 1 degree. She now has a 9 Toughness to resist physical Damage effects.
Last edited by Supernaturalist on Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

DR.DUNCAN REDWOOD
HP-0 CND-Fine

As he & Diego's "Assistant"? race towards a way out of Ward 8, Duncan's mind wanders. He think's it was Walter C.Young who wrote,
"Traumatic experiences in adult's generally do not produce Multiple Personality Disorder but rather states of Catatonic Whithdrawal, out-of-body experiences, fuge states, or psychogenic amnesiacs."
Was that what was happening to him right now? Did all the shooting & violence force his mind into some sort of Autopilot, where his Id just took over?

As they continued to try to escape a rather grim situation, Duncan made a promise to himself that, if they got out of here, he was going to apologize to Apples for how he'd treated his friend. If she was stuck with these lunatics, then she needed all the help she could get....
OOC: Aid Readied Act to John's Dodge/Parry for the ride...
Intelligence check:19+3=23
Last edited by MacynSnow on Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Diego sees a flash of light on the far side of the alley. Iona launched another one of her electric attacks, striking the rear of the chase vehicle. He then sees her head to the East. Shortly after she departs he sees the vehicles gunner and driver jump out of their disables car, flag down a civilian vehicle, and head after her. East. It was the same direction the three Stronghold controlled vehicles on his street were heading.

While chaos erupts around him Diego steps into deeper shadows melts into them. Then he follows after the three cars manned by Stronghold soldiers. He can't keep up with them, even with the restrictions of traffic. But they'll remain in sight for a while yet. Unless they turn off the main road he is on.

On the streets and on the sidewalks there is chaos as John lead Iona along a desperate flight from Stronghold forces. Some people are trying to get clear, cars steering ins strange directions. Some pull ahead of John to avoid other cars. Others pull away from him to get clear of the flying woman who is launching arcs of electricity from her hands. Some pedestrians were pulling out phones, taking pictures, or recording events as they unfolded. Others had the good sense run away or seek shelter inside one of the buildings the evolving conflict passed by.

Iona, flying backwards as she turned to face the pursuing drone, fires of electric blast after electric blast at the drone. The first hips, melting off some of it's compact armor. But it continues after her. The second strikes home as well, but this time the voltage is too much for it. The drone explodes sending chunks of it's hardware into the street.

OOC wrote:Iona hits the Drone. It takes some damage and is at -1 to damage resistance now.

Supernaturalist said that if they didn't down the Drone Iona would use a HP. I'll take that to mean you are willing to se Extra Effort for another Standard Action, and Attack it again. Then use the HP to counter Fatigue. T0 save time I will roll for you: Attack Drone: 1D20+8 = [19]+8 = 27

Iona hit the Drone. The Drone is destroyed.

Traffic is starting to get chaotic. For now it isn't dangerous, but John is forced to slow down. Making the trip to the intersection longer. Time wise, he still has 2 rounds till he reaches it.

John is up.
* Driver
* Passenger
* Driver
* Passenger
* Driver
* Passenger
John [heading East on 1-way road heading deeper into War 8] 2 turn left till intersection
Confiscated Car #4 [heading East on 1-way road heading deeper into War 8]
* Driver
* Gunner
Diego [heading East, towards John and Duncan, on main street]
Iona [heading East on 1-way road heading deeper into War 8]
Supernaturalist

John Steiner
PP:

John hears the loud "pop!" as the large spark send send the drone bursting into pieces. He manages a short glance -not wanting to take his eyes off the road for more than a split second to see fragments of the UAV fall onto the street.

When Iona flies overhead and shouts her command, John yells back "I'm trying! You gotta protect me or I'm a sitting duck. I'm looking to turn at that intersection up ahead. I need to get back on the main road and west out of Ward 8. Can you clear the way!?!"
OOC: John's actions are fairly constrained due to his skill with motorcycles. He's just gonna keep his head down and try to get to the intersection as fast as possible.
Here is John's Intellect roll: Supernaturalist: D20 → 88. So, a total of 8.