[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
mrdent12

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

Post by mrdent12 »

I was wondering if someone was going to capitalize on the Ascendant communication to clue Diego in on the stuff in the lab. No worries from my end if you can't get a post up tonight
No use forcing a post.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Sakuro,

Should I just place my Expertise: Science roll at the end of my last post?

S
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Bit tired today, long night last night, so my post tonight might be shorter than usual.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Supernaturalist, you may edit the roll into your post if you do not have anything you want to write for Iona's actions.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Putting aside IC tactics between Hitori, Diego, and Sander, let's talk OOC for a moment.

Camus, how are you doing with RL? Do you feel like you to need to step off to the side and have Hitori do some things off screen, as it were? If so, Hitori acting as the distraction is a good way for us to take Hitori out of the spotlight.

Otherwise, it is better if Hitori heads out of the city with Diego. That's where the action is going to be, and while Sander is a Heroic NPCs, she is only a mundane human. I also rather PCs get the spotlight than NPCs.
Camus

Post by Camus »

Oh I thought I would get some spotlight being the brave hero that allows safe passage. My idea was to rejoin them after munching on the stronghold goons.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

The GM to players offer I made with Sander acting as a distraction and succeeding, at the cost of her aid later in the mission, is exclusive to her. That said Hitori may certainly make the attempt if that is what you want. If that is what the two of you decide, we'll play out Hitori acting as a distraction.

MrDent, feel free to continue with the scene. Sander is going to keep quiet and let the PCs hash out any debate before speaking up. Unless she is directly pulled into the conversation.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Ooc wise, my preference would be for Sanders to do the distraction since it would shift the full focus on to the PC's. Plus once out of the city it shouldn't be as bad patrol wise. For being the star, I imagine there will be plenty of chances once free of the city. While Diego is a capable fighter, Hitori would likely take point in battle.

IC wise, there is also tactical considerations I'll lay out in a post tonight or edit my last one to avoid back to back posting.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Iona wants to try to determine what is siphoning off portions of the storm, and where that is being sent. I'll let Iona's Science roll carry over for this. But a Perception check will be needed as well. You may edit that into your last post Supernaturalist.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

And edited Diegos post.
Supernaturalist

Ok, I'll add a perception roll then it's bedtime...Tuesdays and Thursdays are long ones for me. ;)

edit: I added the roll to my last IC post.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

A bit tired now. I will get a post up tomorrow. For some reason, when I read the post with Sanders proposing the distraction I thought we would need to leave through other means than vehicle given the going on foot remark. Probably should avoid reading posts and making assumptions when tired.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Leaving on foot is an option. Sneaking out with a vehicle is an option. Diego asked Sander for options after she already proposed an idea, so she is giving him a new option. You've taken up my "loose Sander's help later on for a successful distraction" offer, so whatever happens is going to narratively prove successful as long as it is reasonable and not over the top.

That said, if you didn't take my offer, I would have been a lot harsher with how Stronghold's security would operate. If Sander were a PC, this would be her spotlight time, but since she isn't, we'll only see the effect of her actions "on screen" as it pertains to how they help the PCs. You're sacrificing the assistance of someone very useful for short term gains.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Makes perfect sense. Like I said, it was a reading comprehension fail on my part. That said, I have an idea Diego will pitch to Hitori IC when not about to pass out from exhaustion.
Supernaturalist

Just got home at 11:00 P.M EST. Late for me...Will post tomorrow morning.