[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Camus

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

Post by Camus »

Oh, thinking something for hitori. Could it be ok for him to morph into one of the young lads he ate? He should be able to recall their memories and be able to navigate the undercity in search for prey without getting lost.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Camus

Post by Camus »

Also, is Hiori summoned for the ascension scene? I dont see why would they want him there...
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

So bringing this up here for the montage discussion. We probably could have arranged a joint trip to the sewer tops, Alex, Peter and Hitori, especially if Hitori can do the morphing, so they could get a call out to Diego.

Peter would NOT support doing any of this in less than a full (remaining) group after what happened to Diego.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Commlink wise, Diego would have turned it off to conserve power. He might turn it on once or twice, but given the lack of protocols he wouldn't bother keeping the stuff turned on.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Camus wrote:Oh, thinking something for hitori. Could it be ok for him to morph into one of the young lads he ate? He should be able to recall their memories and be able to navigate the undercity in search for prey without getting lost.
When absorbing someone's memory, he does not get derailed knowledge or inherit skills such as Expertise Hadron City. It is flashes of insight into the person's experiences. Hitori does not get to control what information he receives. Though he may make an effort to it is not guaranteed.

For the purpose of this idea, I'll say that Hitori gets enough information to find some people to prey upon and return to the hospital, though whether he'd be able to repeat the trek is questionable at best.

Also make a note of who the last person Hitori ate is. That is the only person you can morph into. In this case, an old man what seems to had fallen asleep in a cold spot and never woken up.
Camus wrote:Also, is Hiori summoned for the ascension scene? I don't see why would they want him there...
Yes, he is.
Enigmatic One wrote:So bringing this up here for the montage discussion. We probably could have arranged a joint trip to the sewer tops, Alex, Peter and Hitori, especially if Hitori can do the morphing, so they could get a call out to Diego.
That works. Peter is needed for navigation … no negotiation. He is the only one with the knowledge. It'd be best for him to have at least one combatant with him. The entire group going is even better.

EDIT:
Before I forget: If you have Luck, it is filled back up. If you have 0 HP, you are reset to 1 HP.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

So in net summary if this works for everyone:
- Did anyone ever go looking for Diego or try to contact him?
We made the effort as a three-man group to go and contact him from a sewer spot with reception, but Diego keeps the comms off, so nada.
- Has Hitori made an effort to go hunting for food? If not, by this point he is starving again. If he does, bear in mind he has no stealth and no knowledge of the Under City. He'd be worse off than Diego was.
Hitori has managed to keep himself fed for the time being.
- What did you do with Levi's body?
That is the remaining question we have to answer.
Games
Camus

Post by Camus »

I'll get a reply pronto
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I hope all of you like speeches.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Sakuro wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:25 pm I hope all of you like speeches.
Better speeches than the mess we've had to deal with so far. :D
Games
Camus

Post by Camus »

Just want to point this out because it made me laugh> "art of urban gorilla fighting"
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

I suspect Null is making a big mistake in making that that offer to Hitori, given his (and our) track record.
Games
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I don't entirely disagree. However, from that perspective letting Peter, Diego, and Alex undergo Ascension is just as big of a mistake. They are basically getting a reward for messing up and letting their teammates do silly things (which is just as bad). If they get rewarded and Hitori doesn't that is not fair.

There are a couple other reasons for it though: 1.) transitioning away from Imperator's reign to Null's, this offer allows Hitori to keep his Status. 2.) Hitori seems to need guiding purpose beyond the generality of "the cause". Something to anchor him despite all the turmoil he has to deal with given his new condition. A samurai needs a lord to champion (as I see it anyway).
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Just want to point this out because it made me laugh> "art of urban gorilla fighting"
Its a very ancient art practiced by those short on time and trying to come up with words fast. It also requires a lot of bananas.
I suspect Null is making a big mistake in making that that offer to Hitori, given his (and our) track record.
To be fair, we weren't exactly the best candidates skill wise. A middle aged out of shape doctor, an engineer with an aversion to violence, a person dedicated to sword fighting above all else, someone better suited getting info than leading a group, and a soldier who who isn't exactly subtle make a very strange team in the best of cases. After the first mistake, things just started snow balling from there with three of the five effectively dying without some "luck".
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

mrdent12 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:23 amTo be fair, we weren't exactly the best candidates skill wise. A middle aged out of shape doctor, an engineer with an aversion to violence, a person dedicated to sword fighting above all else, someone better suited getting info than leading a group, and a soldier who who isn't exactly subtle make a very strange team in the best of cases. After the first mistake, things just started snow balling from there with three of the five effectively dying without some "luck".
All things considered, we managed well enough with the first task we were given - securing the black box. And yeah, afterwards it went to pot. Hopefully with Ascension and Diego cracking heads things will be different.
Games
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Of course. The best way to make a dysfunctional group functional is to give them god like power. Hitori has already started murdering random civilians. That has to be a good sign.

Powers won't magically make things better. Bad decisions may in fact have bigger or wider reaching consequences.

It will be interesting to see what Diego does going forward, since his internal monologues have hinted at his intent to take a firmer hand managing the group. Is this the rise of Iron Fisted Tyrant Diego?