[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
mrdent12

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

Post by mrdent12 »

All good games come to an end and right now seems like a good place. We've saved the city, come into our powers sort of, and branching off on our own in a way.
Camus

Post by Camus »

Well, you are the GM, so it is of course your decision. Seen such a great game come to an end saddens me. Anyhow, great work Sakuro, glad to have been a part of this.
Cheers
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

As it has been a few months, let's do some pre-game talk before jumping back into play. I have some questions for you two. Feel free to ask your own, or voice your own comments or concerns.

We're down Camus and EnigmaticOne presently. Though when they have the time I'm keen on getting them back into the game. Would you prefer to continue play with just Diego and Iona, or would you like to try to get some more PCs into the game? Bear in mind they'll be asked to play mundane humans, not superpowered beings like Diego and Iona.

My initial plan is to pick up roughly where we left off, with the PCs establishing their independent base. That way you have the time to do that without any big pressure bearing down on you. Are you two good with that, and having Peter and Hitori off on solo operations, or would you prefer a time skip sometime after the base is already established? Note that it wouldn't be a jump forward. If we do end up jumping forward a bit we'll have a talk about that new base so that you and any new players have some input on it's location and what it is like.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I am good. If I recall correctly, Diego was going to start his efforts of converting some of the local homeless to be his eyes and ears in some fashion to start spreading his spy tentacles using the base as the center point, but being clever enough to not give it away. The details are a bit fuzzy, so I may be way off.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I do recall discussions of Diego starting up a spy network. Starting small and growing it over time. You'll need to invest Dominion into that, but when there are opportunities IC Diego can start putting in the work early to justify the use of Dominion later as he finally pulls loose threads together into something he can to use I a meaningful way.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I was always playing Diego as a slow burn and build up character for whatever objective/state I was driving him to. So, an immediate change doesn't make much sense. Part of the fun of Diego was his constant change and RPing out the change.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Iona is concerned with establishing a field hospital for Imperator-loyalists (I suppose now that means loyalists Praetors Null and Sakolov (sp?). That involves a lot of different things. I'm perfectly content to RP it out.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Dr. Sokolov.

What I am hearing is that you are both interested in doing some "building" before getting thrown back into action. Which the base development will allow us to do to a degree. Though your character's actions might end up drawing attention, depending how you choose to operate, and necessitate conflict of some kind.

I am going to put up the recruiting flag for about a week. Try to get one more player. It'll also give you two some more time to think, review old posts to refresh your memories, or gather any notes you may have had. Rather than me just throwing you into the game. After that, whether we get another player or not, I'll post in the IC thread to restart play.
Last edited by Sakuro on Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mrdent12

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator [Recruiting 1, ends Jan. 16]

Post by mrdent12 »

For Diego, it's mostly getting back into the groove of playing him. He requires a very specific heartless mindset that views people as pawns with a utilitarian view on morals(ie does this get me killed or hurt my goals).
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Oh, hey we're alive. This site had gotten pretty quiet here. I'm interested in getting back into play if you'll have me.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

It tends to get quiet around the big US holiday time between Thanksgiving and New Year's.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Hello EnigmaticOne. Good to see a post from you. You're in. Around the 16th I'll kick start play with an IC post. You have some time to review posts and gather any notes you may have to refresh your memory. We'll be starting off roughly where we left off, so you'll also be given some IC time to get back into your character's headspace before a tense mission is handed out to you by Null.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Ok, so looks like we all just successfully completed our last mission of saving the city that was comprised of two scenes. One with Iona and Peter in the lab where they held it all at bay while each trying to play their own deceptions with stunning failures except for Iona who managed to keep some of the samples that she gave to Dr. Sokolov. The other scene was Hitori and Diego getting into an abandoned missile silo after using subterfuge to get out of the city. The result of the silo being whoever controlled it wanted to help stop or delay the oncoming storm, but through the actions of Diego and Hitori who barely survived became alienated the group(likely killing a lot of them).

After that was Diego being severely punished for failure of leadership/being stupid, Peter being spared due to Diego taking the heat, Sokolov and Null fighting it out off panel, and everyone(Peter, Iona, and Diego) coming together at a possible new base. Last thing before the game stopped looked to be the group sticking out like a sore thumb except for Diego who was morphed into a homeless person looking at the site while homeless took pictures on their phone. Diego had proposed to branch off and look about for info on security while the others went in, but there was some disagreement if they should all go in given past history.

I think that covers it as best I can tell on a quick read. Oh and every group we've ran across hates up for various reasons except a group called the Jaguars who control one of the sectors of the city. The Jaguars only don't hate us because we haven't messed that up yet.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

MrDent wrote: Iona and Peter in the lab where they held it all at bay while each trying to play their own deceptions with stunning failures except for Iona who managed to keep some of the samples that she gave to Dr. Sokolov.
I really liked that scene. It portrayed the rivalry between Null and Dr. Sokolov through their champions rather well, while working together even as they played against each other.
MrDent wrote:The result of the silo being whoever controlled it wanted to help stop or delay the oncoming storm, but through the actions of Diego and Hitori who barely survived became alienated the group(likely killing a lot of them).
You broke into their silo and then Hitori wound up killing around one hundred and fifty people before they finally subdued him. Yes, you are not on good terms with whomever those people are.
MrDent wrote:After that was Diego being severely punished for failure of leadership/being stupid, Peter being spared due to Diego taking the heat, Sokolov and Null fighting it out off panel, and everyone(Peter, Iona, and Diego) coming together at a possible new base.
This was such a tumultuous episode. Which makes sense. Two rivaling factions are coming together during a crisis.
MrDent wrote:Last thing before the game stopped looked to be the group sticking out like a sore thumb except for Diego who was morphed into a homeless person looking at the site while homeless took pictures on their phone.
Peter was wearing a mask that made him look like a bank robber. Iona is supernaturally attractive.
MrDent wrote:Diego had proposed to branch off and look about for info on security while the others went in, but there was some disagreement if they should all go in given past history.
A lot of trouble happens when Diego isn't present to keep the others from doing silly things.
MrDent wrote:Oh and every group we've ran across hates up for various reasons except a group called the Jaguars who control one of the sectors of the city. The Jaguars only don't hate us because we haven't messed that up yet.
Peter has a friend/collogue that is part of the Temple of the Holy Martyr. A group that venerates Imperator as a prophet or messiah figure. He hasn't shared anything about that, or his visit to one of their gatherings, with the other PCs. The PC got up to a lot of mischief though.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Sakuro wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:21 pmI really liked that scene. It portrayed the rivalry between Null and Dr. Sokolov through their champions rather well, while working together even as they played against each other.
Peter was hoping to make up for some of the earlier messes and fulfill what he thought was the spirit of Null's instructions, gather information while protecting Null's own. Instead he overreached and gaffed.
Sakuro wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:21 pmPeter was wearing a mask that made him look like a bank robber. Iona is supernaturally attractive.
It's the price of his Ascendant transformation, since you made it clear most of us were going to be looking inhuman as a result. Possibly create some skin-grafts or something else in that vein to make him look human again?

... Hopefully establishing this base will give us a break from screwups.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe