[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EnigmaticOne

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator [Recruiting 1]

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Sakuro wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:07 am You guys are building up quite the trash fire. Weirdly, the group you would be in the best position with are the Jaguars, given Alexandria was doing a job for them in her side story.
Well... maybe... hopefully... with powers in place, Costa fixed up and a chance to concentrate our energies at targeting Stronghold rather than each other, our relations might improve.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Things don't get better when you ignore the bad and push on. Building, maintaining, and repairing damaged relations take work.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Given the current issues with Iona and Peter, thats probably the most pressing relation to resolve. Soldiers of Null, if we even show our face to them anytime soon in our new forms, will probably be quite shocked. All around, we could probably use a good PR rep and not mucking up so much.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Ray Delveccio
(Hero; PL: 7; PP: 105/105)

Strength: 3; Agility: 3; Fighting: 2; Awareness: 2
Stamina: 2; Dexterity: 3; Intellect: 1; Presence: 2

Dodge: 7, Parry: 7, Fortitude: 7, Toughness: 7/2, Will: 7

COMBAT
Initiative: +3; Close: +2; Ranged: +5
  • Grab: +2 (Special DC 13) Range: Close
  • Heavy Pistol: +10 (DC 19) [Ballistic]
  • Knife: +10 (DC 19) Crit: 19-20 [Piercing]
  • Throw: +5 (DC 18)
  • Unarmed: +2 (DC 18) Range: Close
SKILLS: Athletics +3; Close Combat: Knife +10 (8r); Deception +10 (8r); Expertise: Hadron City +12 (11r); Insight +2; Intimidation +2; Perception +10 (8r); Persuasion +10 (8r); Ranged Combat: Heavy Pistol +8 (5r); Sleight of Hand +10 (7r); Stealth +10 (7r); Vehicles +15 (12r)

LANGUAGES: English

ADVANTAGES: Defensive Roll 3, Equipment 3, Luck 2, Ranged Attack 2, Second Chance: Road Hazards, Skill Mastery: Vehicles, Well-informed

EQUIPMENT
  • Cell Phone (Smartphone) (2 ep)
  • Heavy Pistol (8 ep)
  • Knife (2 ep)
  • Suppressor (1 ep)
  • Undercover Shirt (2 ep)
Eyes: Brown Hair: Auburn
Height: 5' 11" Weight:180 lb.

BACKGROUND
Growing up Ray Delveccio thought of himself as an apolitical person. The Imperator's benevolence was self-evident. What was the point of politics. He was use to doing odd jobs, hanging out with friends, and enjoying life. The most common job he worked was courier. He knew Hadron City like the back of his hand and he knew every shortcut and back alley to get special deliveries there faster than anyone else in the city. Occasionally he would do construction jobs. He had a knack for maneuvering the heavy equipment.

But scutwork was unfulfilling. Ray joined the Imperator's armed forces at the age of 21. He was a dutiful and conscientious soldier. He was not afraid to turn in malcontents. He would help his fellow soldiers wherever he could. He received pilot training in the armed forces and was a crack pilot.

During the two years of peace, he won several service medals for simulated wargames. But when the army invaded, he was shot down during a battle at the height of the Imperator's maximum expansion. He injured his leg when he parachuted into some trees. Finding himself behind enemy lines, he ditched his uniform and stole some civilian clothes. Try as he might. he could not make his way back to Hadron City until after the Imperator disappeared.

He found his way into a liberation cell in a city gone mad (from his point of view). There he has been working as a courier by day and get-away driver by night.

Family: Sonny (50) and Maria (48) Delveccio (Parents), Theresa Delveccio (18, sister), Arturo Delveccio (54, Paternal Uncle), Nana (72)
Friends: Marty "Stig" Johnston, Sue Ellen McMurtry, Jorge Estevez
Catch Phrase: Hang on!

COMPLICATIONS
  • Motivation: Justice/Vengence: Dr. Impossible must pay for his atrocities.
  • Temper: Someone questioning his piloting/driving skill will set him off.
MOVEMENT AND STRENGTH DATA
Size: Normal size ~6 ft.
Walking: 2 miles/hour; 30 feet/round; Running: 4 miles/hour; 60 feet/round
Swimming: 1/2 mile/hour; 6 feet/round
Jumping: Running 10 ft.; Standing 5 ft.; Vertical 2 ft.; Standing Vertical 1 ft.
Throwing Distances: 1,600 lbs. up to 6 ft, 400 lbs. up to 30 ft, 100 lbs. up to 120 ft

TOTALS: Abilities: 36, Powers: 0, Advantages: 13, Skills: 37, Defenses: 19 -> 105

So, I think the skills represent is knowledge and driving well. And they explain how he managed to stay out of sight while he was behind enemy lines. His temper is a danger because he lacks the intimidation skill to make someone shut up when he says "put up or shut up". If you don't like the Second Chance advantage, I'd probably switch it to Power Attack. I wanted to squeeze that in but couldn't or I'd maximize his Vehicle skill.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Jmucchiello, I like the bit in Ray's background about acting as courier by day and a getaway driver for Imperator's people by night. Gives him a bit of a double life. I won't promise to draw attention to that, but it is something I will consider if I choose Ray for the game.

I am going to wait a while to see if there is any more interest and give PathFinder some time as well. When I select a character to join the cast I will comment on their build and point out any revisions I want made.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

He is good at deception.

And that gives me time to read the IC threads.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

So, after much debate (and assessment of the long-term consequences of vacation) that I am not going to try to put together a submission. My char-gen process is rather notoriously slow anyway, and I am going to have less time available to add games.

Will keep reading along, though, and rooting for Team Imperator.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I appreciate that you recognize your limitations PathFinder. Good gaming to you.

Recruiting will continue till the end of the week. Even after it closes the new character is not going to be introduced until the resolution of this chapter.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Camus, don't forget to include a date and title tag for your posts in the Extended Interlude thread. Please edit that in.

Also list Hitori's HP and Conditions at the top of your post during combat. Please edit those in as well.

The enemy goes first in the combat scene. Hitori's AoE is not big enough to effect the Company size (7) Force that he is facing. Not in a meaningful way, at least. Non-damage effects need to have Area ranks equeal to the Force size in order to affect them. In this case he would need to take an Area Extra 7 times for it to have an impact. Hitori will be able to notice that it isn't having a significant impact on the large numbers of people after the fist use, and can switch to Damage attacks that reflect the bulk of his actions during the 1 minute timeframe.

My apologies for not supplying the Force Size. Generally I prefer to hide the mechanical aspects of NPCs and antagonists from players. I see how this would have been something you needed to know though.
Camus

Post by Camus »

Sakuro wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:28 am
My apologies for not supplying the Force Size. Generally I prefer to hide the mechanical aspects of NPCs and antagonists from players. I see how this would have been something you needed to know though.
Not necessarily, it was the first time Hitori used that ability, and the first time he was facing a large group of people, it would only make sense to try new tricks and see if they work or not.
Will edit the details in when I can.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I wasn't sure if you wanted to skip ahead or not Sakuro avoiding the dungeon crawl aspect, so played it safe in my post. More than happy to avoid the checking each door for traps/scanning each room/etc stuff. Should get a post up at my usual time tonight.

On another note, the level of detail and planning evident in the silo scene is cool and helps to avoid the dungeon crawl feel this could have had to it.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Glad that you aren't looking for a dungeon crawl. I do not like them. I'd rather work with you all to create an enjoyable narrative.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Completely agree. Given the theme of being some of the most powerful "people" in the world narrative is alot more fun to go with than constant small encounters of various sorts that only serve to show how much more powerful the Ascendants, Hitori, or Iona are comparee to generic soldier.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

<Using my Megamind voice> "You don't enjoy beating up on the "'little people"? What kind of villains are you!?!?! How can you call yourself "Evil" with a straight face !?!"
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Evil, ha! Diego is the hero in all of this just trying a better world. How dare you accuse me of playing an evil character. Now if you will excuse me, I need to go steal candy from a baby.