[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EnigmaticOne

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Well, it's up. You want discreet, Diego, this is about as good as you're going to get.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego is cold, heartless, and calculating. Pretty much a psychopath without the kill just for the sake of killing popular culture ascribes to them. So, he might say alot of stuff. Anyone not like him would rightly take offense to alot of his more cruel ideas. I don't expect Peter or Iona or Carman(once she realizes what she's gotten herself into) to just go along.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

mrdent12 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:58 am Diego is cold, heartless, and calculating. Pretty much a psychopath without the kill just for the sake of killing popular culture ascribes to them. So, he might say alot of stuff. Anyone not like him would rightly take offense to alot of his more cruel ideas. I don't expect Peter or Iona or Carman(once she realizes what she's gotten herself into) to just go along.
No. Believe me, I was surprised Diego went along with taking the old man along as a compromise, and going with Iona's suggestions rather than ordering death to all whistleblowers.
Games
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

That's the calculating bit at play. He might not have a conscious, but making Praetor Null unhappy is a pretty good check on going too crazy.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I am not going to allow Subtle 2 for the Power stunt. One rank of Subtle fits. Subtle 2 means it cannot be detected. There is almost always a means of detecting a thing, even if a certain Detect or Awareness Effect is required. Subtle 2 should only rarely be used, and it is not applicable for what Peter is doing.

Peter is putting on a performance. Subtle wouldn't cover that. The way Peter is using his Powers to cause a "perfect cave in" does create an element of plausibility. Acting like he didn't do this requires a Deception check, however. Please edit a Deception check into your post EnigmaticOne.

EDIT:
As an aside, this is a villain game. While I am not going to actively discourage you from doing things such as saving innocent lives at the risk to yourselves and your mission, I am also not going to reward it as I would if this were a game of traditional heroism. You don't get HP for doing the "good guy" thing in a villain game.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Sakuro wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:24 am EDIT:
As an aside, this is a villain game. While I am not going to actively discourage you from doing things such as saving innocent lives at the risk to yourselves and your mission, I am also not going to reward it as I would if this were a game of traditional heroism. You don't get HP for doing the "good guy" thing in a villain game.
Iona doesn't expect the old patient to survive. She's just struggling with the idea of actively killing him. She knows she already has to kill Jacob, whom she is finding it impossible to designate as an "enemy" in her mind. If the old man were to be left somewhere with the possibility of being discovered, that would give her some ease of conscience. The next worst thing is Diego, Carmen, or Peter actively killing him. While she would not particularly like that, at least - in her own mind - she did not "pull the trigger" so to speak.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Sakuro wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:24 am I am not going to allow Subtle 2 for the Power stunt. One rank of Subtle fits. Subtle 2 means it cannot be detected. There is almost always a means of detecting a thing, even if a certain Detect or Awareness Effect is required. Subtle 2 should only rarely be used, and it is not applicable for what Peter is doing.

Peter is putting on a performance. Subtle wouldn't cover that. The way Peter is using his Powers to cause a "perfect cave in" does create an element of plausibility. Acting like he didn't do this requires a Deception check, however. Please edit a Deception check into your post EnigmaticOne.

EDIT:
All my loathing. Another Deception check? At least it wasn't that bad. Edited in.

Anyway, Peter isn't trying to save innocent lives at risk here. He's accepted (even if he may not like it) Jacob and the old man will both die. He's just trying to prevent Iona from doing something even worse to the mission here. We really are going to have to have a talk with her.
Games
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego already used his action to run otherwise I'd aid with the deception.

Edit:

We'll be on a long plane flight with her so plenty of time to talk and sort it all out.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

mrdent12 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:31 pm Diego already used his action to run otherwise I'd aid with the deception.

Edit:

We'll be on a long plane flight with her so plenty of time to talk and sort it all out.
It should be a harmonious, civilized discussion. :lol:

Btw, how is everyone doing during this pandemic? I head back to work next weak as a teacher. Two weeks from now kids come back. I have to wear a mask, but none of them do. I'm thinking that Covid exposure is in my near future. Hopefully I won't zombie-out like the patients in the hospital. :lol:
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

So the question is now does Diego or Peter know a way to get out other than the hospital since the way we're were going to get out is blocked. I'll need to think before I get a tired post up on it.

I've been working at the office since the pandemic started. The customer of the company I work still needs our products and the work has to be done over an isolated network. One of the perks of the job is the stability and customer having boat loads of money even in recessions. Downside is no work from home.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

I also need to think on this.

Thankfully I am already an online graduate student and an introvert, so I've stayed home without issue. I don't need to go out usually except for food shopping and I wear a mask and use lots of hand sanitizer.
Games
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

MrDent wrote:So the question is now does Diego or Peter know a way to get out other than the hospital since the way we're were going to get out is blocked.
Up. You are past the National Guard perimeter, but still within the police perimeter, which is more dispersed. Some sneaking will be needed to get through.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Yep, was thinking that but hoping I'd get another idea in my head with some rest. Sneaking about with our lot hasnt worked out so well.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Is Diego saying this out loud in front of everyone?
Games
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Yep. He's done be playing nice.