The Daze [OOC, 3E]

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Camus

Re: The Daze [RECRUITING, 3E]

Post by Camus »

I have edited the OP with the relevant information.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

pathfinderq1 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:50 am For Reference, Thorpocalypse had a bunch of fantasy race templates and stuff for the game they put together on this board. Might be worth a look.

Link: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=994
That slackass should really restart that game... ;)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

What a frickin lame-o, am I right? :P
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Thorp-bashing aside....

Camus, Is this like what you're looking for?

Mot

Mot is the village ratcatcher. Though, Mot considers Motself more of a rat "convincer". Oh, Mot still crawls under the houses and into dark cellars and compost piles by vegetable gardens and in all the grimy places that Big Folks don't want to. Mot still sets out traps and baits but mostly Mot just talks to them and asks them to go elsewhere, usually to a shack or cottage or house on the other side of the town - Mot's future customers! Lately Mot's branched out into other pests - squirrels and other woodland rodentia, bugs (where Mot brings in rats that are 'told' to eat only the unwated bugs and leave foods alone), and anything else Mot can help with in barter for food or sundries.

Actually, Mot's good with all animals (ironic since most of them are mammals and Mot's a cold-blooded reptile), but Mot only is truly 'understood' by, and more miraculously, understands rats. And the things they tell Mot! Mot knows what Folk are engaged in the strange mating habits Big Folk use with what other Big Folk, especially the ones who are hiding it from their current Big Folk mates. It's always confusing to Mot. It'd be simpler, Mot's decided, if Big Folk would lay eggs, like Mot must've been from! At least, Mot assumes Mot was hatched from an egg. No one is really sure. Mot was found as a toddler by a trapper in Umbrasol forest. The Trapper, Granton, being a half-orc, knew what it was like to be ousted and shunned and taught Mot what he knew of trapping and Animal Lore but Mot's small form, though growing quickly, was never really suited for the Forrester's life. Mot made the move into the 'big city' of Solmir to Make Mot's Way in life. Mot apparently needs more training in Way Making though.

RACIAL COMPLICATIONS:
Dragon Kin (Kinda…): Kobolds believe they are distant cousins of dragons (which most dragons dispute) and are instinctively drawn to serve and even worship them.
Weakness: Being cold-blooded creatures, they do not deal well with cold temperatures and take an extra degree of failure against cold based effects.
Sunlight Sensitivity: Kobolds prefer dark places. If in the open, in bright sunlight the GM can assess a penalty.
Unattractive: People tend to find the reptilian features of Kobolds off-putting.

COMPLICATIONS:
Cowardly: Mot will be hesitant to stay in an actively hostile situation. As any sane person should be.
Loyal: When Mot makes a friend (a rare occurrence for the skittish Kobold) Mot will remain true to them. Mot a good friend.
Unknown past: Mot doesn't know how Mot came to be in the Forest or if Mot has family or where. Is sad.

Height: 2ft 11.5 inches
Weight: 40 pounds
Skin: scaled, light green
Hair: None
Eyes: Dull grey/gold, Vertically slitted.

PL5 75

Str -2/-3
Sta 2
Agi 2
Dex 2
Fgt 1
Awe 3
Int 0
Pre -1

Saves
Dodge 2+2pp +2 Size+1buckler = 7
Parry 1 + 3pp +2 size+1buckler = 7
Toughness 2+1leather = 3

Will 3+2pp = 5
Fort 2+3pp = 5

Skills: Acrobatics 8(+10), Stealth 2(+8), Technology 8(+8)*, Ranged Combat - Throwing 6(+8), Close Combat - knife 2(+3), Perception 6(+9), Persuasion 8(+7) , Investigation 1(+1), Deception 5(+4), Sleight of Hand 4(+6), intimidate 0(-3), Expertise-Poisons 2(+2)

* Setting traps, opening locks, Minor repairs, etc...

Advantages: Prone Fighting, Equipment 2, Evasion 2, Animal Empathy, Improved Initiative, Skill Mastery - Acrobatics, Improvised Tools

Equipment: Long Thin Knife "Stabby-stab" (Damage 2, improved Crit 2) 4ep, [alt: Throwing Rocks bag, Damage 1, Multiattack, Ranged, Quick Draw 1ep], Leathers (protection 1) 1ep, buckler (1dodge,1parry) 2ep, Poison Coating- (Affliction 4, Resist by fort, Vulnerable and Impaired, Stunned and Defenseless, Extra Condition,Limited Degree, Linked to a weapon attack, Activation-Move, Trigger-successful damage with coated weapon, Limited 5 uses,*) 2ep

*Poison Coating takes a move to activate (pull out poison) then a standard to apply to a weapon (carefully coat weapon), then after that the next hit with that weapon that damages opponent forces opponent to make a DC14 Fort check or suffer conditions. 5 uses before have to spend an hour replenishing stock.

Kobold:
Kobold Size: Shrinking 4 (-1 Str, +2 Dodge/Parry, +4 Stealth, -2 Intimidation, -1 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 5 pts
Reptilian Senses: Senses 3 (Darkvision, Scent(Acute),); 3 pts
Good Ears: Senses Hearing, Extended; 1pts
Bendy-boned: Enhanced Skill - Acrobatics +4 (limit: squeezing through small openings/escaping grapples) 1 pt
Belly Crawling: Movement Slithering, Quirk-Hands must be free 1pt
Small Claws: Damage 1, Accurate; 2pts
AE: Wall Crawling; 1pts
AE: Burrowing 2; 1pts {3ft/rnd loose soil, 1ft/clay, 6in/rock per move}

Power:
Comprehend-Animals, Specific limit: Rats (-2/r), 2pr (speak/understand) [1pt]

Offense:
initiative: +6
Unarmed +3 to hit, DC 13 Toughness
Long Knife +3 to Hit, DC 14 Toughness crit [18-20]
Thrown Rock Barrage +8 to hit, DC16 Toughness, Multiattack
If a weapon is poisoned, DC 14 Fortitude Affliction

Attributes 14 + Saves 10 + Skills 25 + Advantages 9 + Kobold 15 + Powers 1 = 75

With his more typical look of worry:

Last edited by Flynnarrel on Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Camus

Post by Camus »

Great character, I already love Mot. A very good example of what I have in mind, he is flavourful, entertaining, has a defined niche and a lot of potential.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Thanks. How many characters are you looking for?
Camus

Post by Camus »

I dont think numbers are a limit in this case. So far you 4 have expressed interest, I could accomodate another couple more. 6 is a good number.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Camus

Post by Camus »

Is everyone ok with some mild horror thingies? I assumed the grimy concept was already revealing enough, but just wanted to be sure.

Any one else working on their pcs? If you have any questions feel free to ask.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

I'm considering a blacksmith apprentice but I haven't gotten much further than that.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I know normal such things like a prestige class is higher-level, but the flexibility of M&M allows for all sorts of things. I've been working on the idea of an elven shadow-dancer, though I need to work out how to make one of the abilities only 1 point.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Are we buying equipment with PP or with money?
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

I'm hoping Fido doesn't break power limits. Normal "familiars" seem to be legal.

Yarl Bloodworth (Hero; PL: 5; PP: 77/77)

STR: 4; AGL: 2; FGT: 3; AWE: 2 lift limit: 1600 pounds
STA: 5; DEX: -1; INT: 6; PRE: 1
Dodge: 4; Parry: 4; Fortitude: 5; Toughness: 6; Will: 3
(Toughness is actually 8 with the chain-mail. He'll grow into it as the PL goes up.)

SKILLS: Athletics +4; Deception +1; Expertise: (Runic) Magic +10 (4r); Expertise: Alchemy +7 (1r); Expertise: Blacksmithing +10 (4r); Expertise: Silversmithing +10 (4r); Insight +5 (3r); Intimidation +1; Investigation +7 (1r); Perception +5 (3r); Persuasion +3 (2r); Stealth +2; Technology +8 (4r)
LANGUAGES: Common
ADVANTAGES: Artificer, Benefit, Wealth (well-off); Equipment 1; Improved Critical: Warhammer; Improved Defense; Interpose; Power Attack; Sidekick 5; Weapon Break

COMBAT Initiative: +2; Close: +3; Ranged: -1
  • Grab: +3 (Special DC 14) Range: Close
  • Throw: -1 (DC 19)
  • Unarmed: +3 (DC 19) Range: Close
  • Warhammer: +3 (DC 22) Crit: 19-20
POWERS
  • Enhanced Ability: Enhanced Strength 1 +1 STR - Ability: Strength; Flaws: Limited to Lifting (1 PP)
  • Sense 2 - Detect (The Daze), Acute (2 PP)
EQUIPMENT
  • Chain-mail (3 ep)
  • Smithy (3 ep)
  • Toolkit (Basic) (1 ep)
  • Warhammer (3 ep)
Eyes: Blue Hair: Brown
Height: 6' 3" Weight: 225 lb.

BACKGROUND
Yarl has worked in Solmir for years apprenticing under Junil Bloodworth, his mother. He should have left years ago to be a journeyman but he still thinks he needs to watch his widowed mother. His father was an ogre of a man (6'9") but Yarl is merely a tall human.

In addition to his mother, Yarl is friends with a mysterious alchemist who lives in town. Shordin runs the local apothecary and has been teaching Yarl about runic magic. His mother doesn't like Shordin and doesn't understand why Yarl wants to get involved with magic. She barely tolerates Fido.

Thanks to Shordin's tutelage, Yarl has also learned the arts of fine smithing (aka silversmithing). He can create jewelry and clockwork devices thanks to this.

Notes:
Technology skill is there for repair. Runic Magic allows Yarl to put etch runes into his smithworks giving them magic, via ritualist. But his rituals aren't lighting candles and drawing circles (although he can do wards). The bulk of his rituals is using small chisels to etch runes into metal. Very time consuming. He has an excellent eye for detail (investigation).

COMPLICATIONS
Motivation: Doing Good
Relationship: Junil Bloodworth: Yarl's mother is a master blacksmith. Her husband died when Yarl was young. She has a great head for business and has turned a small village blacksmithy into a thriving business.
Relationship: Shordin: Shordin the apothecary is training Yarl in Runic magic. Yarl hopes to smith magic weapons and armor some day.
Responsibility: Maintaining the town's smith needs.
SIDEKICK wrote:Fido (Sidekick; PL: 5; PP: 20/20)
STR: 0; AGL: 2; FGT: 2; AWE: 0
STA: None; DEX: -2; INT: -4; PRE: 0
Dodge: 5; Parry: 5; Fortitude: None; Toughness: 4; Will: 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics +3 (1r); Athletics +6 (7r); Deception +0; Insight +0; Intimidation +0; Perception +3 (4r); Persuasion +0; Stealth +6 (4r)
LANGUAGES: Understands Common
ADVANTAGES: All-out Attack; Improved Trip

COMBAT Initiative: +3; Close: +3; Ranged: -2
  • Bite: Damage 5: +5 (DC 20)
  • Grab: +2 (Special DC 10) Range: Close
  • Throw: -2 (DC 15)
  • Unarmed: +2 (DC 15) Range: Close
POWERS
  • Barding: Protection 4 +4 Toughness - (4 PP)
  • Bite: Damage 5 - Extras: Accurate 2 (+4) (6 PP)
  • Immunity: Immunity 9 - Aging, Disease, Poison, Sleep, Starvations & Thirst, Suffocation (All), Uncommon Descriptor: Biological
  • Senses: Senses 3 - Danger Sense: Hearing (ultrasonic), Low-light Vision, Ultra-hearing (3 PP)
  • Speed: Speed 1 Speed: 4 miles/hour, 60 feet/round - (1 PP)
Eyes: Yellow-Green Hair: black
Height: 3' 2" (at the shoulder) Weight: 200 lb.

BACKGROUND
Fido is a mechanical golem in the shape of a German Shepherd.

COMPLICATIONS
Colorblind: Fido sees in limited greyscale.
Mechanical and Magical Device: Fido is a magically powered machine. He seems to operate as a wind-up device but he does not need winding. He is incapacitated by anything that dispels magic.
Quirk: Fido is a dog. Or at least he thinks he is. He sometimes acts up unless he gets a "treat". Yarl carries around nails and bolts to toss Fido when this happens.

TOTALS: Abilities: -14 + Powers: 24 + Advantages: 2 + Skills: 7 + Defenses: 6 -> 25
Headquarters wrote:Smithy
Size: Small; Toughness: 6
Features: Living Space, Security System 1, Workshop

BACKGROUND
The Bloodworth Smithy has been in business for four generations. Yarl loves to tinker. He has added tripwire sensors to the doors and window that cause a loud noise (The Security System) if someone enters with disarming them first.

Totals: Abilities: 0 + Powers: 0 + Advantages: 0 + Features: 3 + Skills: 0 + Defenses: 0 + Equipment: 0 + Weapons & Armor: 0 -> 3
TOTALS: Abilities: 44 + Powers: 3 + Advantages: 14 + Skills: 12 + Defenses: 4 -> 77

Mundane equipment, from a post a few pages later:
Well, obviously Fido is carrying snacks. :) He also has a couple water skins in saddlebags and a crowbar and 5 torches strapped to him. (First chance I get, Fido gets a feature where he "hold" a torch. :) )

Yarl has a backpack containing a change of clothes, bedroll, flint, cooking supplies (pan, ladle, a tin plate and fork), and a coil of rope.
Last edited by jmucchiello on Thu May 09, 2019 4:12 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Camus

Post by Camus »

I like Yarl, he seems pretty solid, I thought he was a dwarf until I read the background heh. Also, perhaps you could scrap inventor and ritualist and only have artificer, which could be more in the lines of what you describe of him. Other than that the golem is cool, no problem with that.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Without Immunity to Fortitude Saves Fido can be poisoned and diseased, can be choked, ages, and sleeps, suffers fatigue, gets cold, etc. Is that the intention?
Camus

Post by Camus »

Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:28 pm Without Immunity to Fortitude Saves Fido can be poisoned and diseased, can be choked, ages, and sleeps, suffers fatigue, gets cold, etc. Is that the intention?
Hmmm true. Perhaps he could remove sta, awe, int and pre to get the points.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ