[OOC] To Live ... (Recruitment Closed)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: [OOC] To Live ... (Recruitment Closed)

Post by Flynnarrel »

Marcus at a haunted house also depends on how he finds out about it/is invited.

He's always up for new experiences and always up to hang with friends.

Other ideas is that this could be something Lightbringer sends him to and after much hemming and hawing he would go to do some legwork for the conspiracy theorist.
There could be someone involved using a modification of his micro-vibrational sound recording technology and they wanted Marcus along to oversee the use of his technology and to ask tips and pointers from the inventor. Hopefully it's not too much past his time or it'd be like asking Gutenberg to fix your HP Laserjet.

As for which plot hook to bite down on.... I'll have to think on that.
"Something pithy this way comes."
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

The severed head nightmare is some good imagery.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Flynnarrel wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:19 pm She'd probably have dossiers on them. You've stressed the PR side of her but you haven't said how much of an actual combatant she was.
Part of that comes from never really knowing how "powerful" a PL10 character is in any specific setting or campaign. She might be an elite fighter or she might be a rookie. I think the PR side probably came after the combat, though: she attracted some fans rescuing people from a fire or fighting a supervillain or doing other standard superhero stuff, and her bosses made her into their new poster girl. Then she started getting followed by camera drones on her patrols, and doing interviews, and one thing led to another. The Authority was probably careful not to put her into any situations where they couldn't be confident of her victory, though.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Okay.

Owing to some unfortunate delays on my part, we are not going to be able to start the second adventure of this campaign today, like I originally announced. I'll try to get it ready to go within the next two weeks.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

That's fine. Take as much time as you need.

Edit: Also, if Peacekeeper does end up getting to go to college after her job placement meeting, she'll probably find out about a haunted house from there. Some sort of group adventure someone puts out flyers for, or a courage test, something like that.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Schooling would be a really good idea for Vee, now that you mention it. Considering she never actually went through grade school. She does have fundamental academics since they would be necessary for her intended task, but I think it would be a fairly flimsy educational foundation that could use bolstering.

Probably starting with tutoring before throwing her in the social deep end, to get to high school completion, then post secondary from there (depending on just how far of a jump in time we go).

That said, piggybacking on Rain's idea, Vee's tutor could be colledge/uni level and have brought the flier to invite Vee as a social exercise.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Just an FYI, this Sunday I leave on a cruise. My internet connection/time for PbP will be spotty or non-existent. I return May 6th. Feel free to autopilot or skip my characters' turns/interactions.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Just curious, what's up? Hope you are "good busy" if you are still busy.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Okay, if there's still an interest in continuing this game, I would be willing to start the second chapter on Saturday.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Interested.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

I'm interested if you can do it. If you've got too much to deal with lately, I'd like to play but real life is more important.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Why wouldn't there be interest?
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

jmucchiello wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 12:01 pm Why wouldn't there be interest?
People's lives shift, and hiatuses can dampen interest as you get out of a character's head
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I'm still interested.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 12:13 pm
jmucchiello wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 12:01 pm Why wouldn't there be interest?
People's lives shift, and hiatuses can dampen interest as you get out of a character's head
That was meant to be rhetorical. A way to say 'yes' without just saying 'yes'.