[OOC] To Live ... (Recruitment Closed)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
RainOnTheSun

Re: [OOC] To Live ... (Recruitment Closed)

Post by RainOnTheSun »

"Sorry I killed you" comes up a lot more in a superhero universe than it probably should.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:27 am "Sorry I killed you" comes up a lot more in a superhero universe than it probably should.
It's like the inverse of two heroes meet and fight one another.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

What does Binary's flight platform look like?
Davies

Post by Davies »

... do you perhaps mean Marcus' flight platform?
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Binary's flight is on a platform, too. I'm guessing it's some kind of force field she creates under her feet, but I wanted to make sure before I commented on it ICly.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:49 am Binary's flight is on a platform, too. I'm guessing it's some kind of force field she creates under her feet, but I wanted to make sure before I commented on it ICly.
Yes, it is a force field kind of thing. I don't know if I gave it descriptors on the char sheet but it would be "alien, technological, force" I suppose.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Davies wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:43 am ... do you perhaps mean Marcus' flight platform?
Marxus' 'Hum-V' is a V shaped device that hums when it's in operation. When not in use it folds somewhat in on itself and magnetically attaches to the back of Marcus's dark grey Awesome Suit.

Marcus is not very good at naming things.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Davies

Post by Davies »

Okay, GM imposed retcon. In one post, Binary says that she died in 2060 -- but that doesn't make a lot of sense if everybody died in the 2060s, but she knows what happened to Jack Rocket, who died a year before she did, and Peacekeeper and Freebird don't know that.

So here are your official dates of decease:

Inquisitor: 2062
Peacekeeper: 2063
Freebird: 2063
Billie: 2064
Binary: 2068
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Okay, so since we learned Peacekeeper's death was the start of the fall of the Authority. What does Binary remember about the fall (or the beginning of the fall) of the Authority? I'm curious if the event was momentous as it happened or only in hindsight. (Assuming they got the history right.)
Davies

Post by Davies »

jmucchiello wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:41 am Okay, so since we learned Peacekeeper's death was the start of the fall of the Authority. What does Binary remember about the fall (or the beginning of the fall) of the Authority? I'm curious if the event was momentous as it happened or only in hindsight. (Assuming they got the history right.)
After the Cleveland Massacre, a number of states began to openly support the Resistance, where before they'd only been covertly doing so. Where many superheroes had tried to maintain neutrality in the conflict, they also increasingly opposed the Authority, sometimes very directly. It still took three years to reach the point where the Resistance was able to launch their assault on the Authority's headquarters, coinciding with a power struggle among the Authority's leadership, that brought down the organization. Enough members of the previous Congress and Senate were released from various prisons or came out of hiding to create a provisional government. By the time Jaina and Jacen met their end, a Presidential election had been scheduled for November of that year, though they died before it was actually held and don't know how any of that worked out. (After nearly fifteen years of Authority rule, many people were deeply cynical about whether the Provisional Government was actually going to give up power to newly elected officials.)
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

I'm going to assume Jaina was oblivious to who Genevieve was as she was still in shock over the prospect of Jacen rattling around in her head for the rest of her days. At some point I'll have her react: Oh, you were that person.

But not "today".
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Davies wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:29 pm Binary: It wasn't an active mind-reading attempt, so you don't get to roll to notice.
It should probably be a reaction power if it isn't something she actively does. But no big deal. It works however you want it to work. I made the roll only because I didn't see Subtle on her power.

I think the attempt to read Binary's mind would result more in "static" not blankness. But that might just be how Victoria's power fails to register Binary's mind.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

To clarify; her tactile telepathy is an active power, and lacking a detect mind power, she doesn't even passively feel the minds of people she touches (Though that is another power oversight on my part).

None of her powers are subtle, causing her eyes to glow when being used.
Davies

Post by Davies »

jmucchiello wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:27 pm BINARY
Davies wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:43 pm He shakes his head. "Uptimer, but very flattered. I'm from Dakana, and studied English at the Academy there as well as the university here. Pacifica, here, is pretty much the only place on Earth where you can actually practice English, so here is of course where I ended up." As the car begins to lift off, he continues. "Can I offer either of you your choice of beverages?"
"Sure, surprise me. You know we don't know any references we haven't heard before. Dakana? Where's that? What Academy?"
Could you clarify what you mean by that?
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Davies wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:25 pm
jmucchiello wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:27 pm BINARY
Davies wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:43 pm He shakes his head. "Uptimer, but very flattered. I'm from Dakana, and studied English at the Academy there as well as the university here. Pacifica, here, is pretty much the only place on Earth where you can actually practice English, so here is of course where I ended up." As the car begins to lift off, he continues. "Can I offer either of you your choice of beverages?"
"Sure, surprise me. You know we don't know any references we haven't heard before. Dakana? Where's that? What Academy?"
Could you clarify what you mean by that?
What do I mean by what? He asked if she wanted a drink and she said to surprise her. They she asked for a geography lesson.