[OOC] To Live ... (Recruitment Closed)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Davies

Re: [OOC] To Live ... (Recruitment Closed)

Post by Davies »

Why, yes, I am a huge Umineko fanboy. Why do you ask?
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

(What does it mean for a keltriad to have a squittert that's trilaquiteral?)
... I still have nightmares that I have a math midterm and have forgotten everything.
Which is mind boggling how long ago that was.

::pulls out notebook::
-Ada and Carla. Sisters.
-Trenchcoat. Possible link to Savant and/or rebellious stage?
-AIs offended by term Robot. Suspect Slavic language is stored in databases.
Interesting.
Shock

Post by Shock »

She enters the bathroom. There's an obvious receptacle but....
I'm sure she'll have no trouble with the three seashells :lol:
Davies

Post by Davies »

Arkrite wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:19 am
::pulls out notebook::
-Ada and Carla. Sisters.
One constructed, one adopted. Billie is Rachel and Zane's only biological child.
Arkrite wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:19 am -Trenchcoat. Possible link to Savant and/or rebellious stage?
Yes, they worked as an investigator for Savant (by that point wheelchair bound) for a short while after Zane died (when Billie was 19).
Arkrite wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:19 am -AIs offended by term Robot. Suspect Slavic language is stored in databases.
Interesting.
Only the etymology of a few significant words, that but that one does indeed have the connotation "slave", to them. One of the Great Disasters was an AI uprising; the aftereffects are still being felt throughout known space.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

So we've got Akiha, Hisui, and Kohaku, I see. 8-)
Davies

Post by Davies »

Daylight savings time can mess you up.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

I'm thinking about whether or not Genevieve would have encountered any of Freebird's old friends in the resistance.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

She'd probably have dossiers on them. You've stressed the PR side of her but you haven't said how much of an actual combatant she was.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Davies

Post by Davies »

So.

We made it through the first chapter, and I only found myself wanting to kill you all a few times. We're doing good!

I'm going to be taking the rest of the month off to recover and plan the next chapter. I'll be bluebooking your meetings with the Department, as the next chapter will take place a bit less than two weeks after your first day in the future. Your characters might want to do some investigating during this time, but you won't discover the solutions to any of the setting's mysteries just yet.

Especially not the one I just dumped on you. :lol:

Here's some homework for you.

1) The next chapter has already been largely planned, but you each have to answer a question. "Why did you agree to visit a haunted house?" Take your time and think about it.

2) The chapter after that will be focused on your characters' personal business, so if you could each pick one of the many characters, plot threads, and mysteries introduced in this chapter, then I'll start thinking about how to weave them into a story.
Shock

Post by Shock »

I got chills from the last line.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Shock wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:02 pm I got chills from the last line.
Aw. :oops: You'll turn my head with such compliments.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

1) Is easy enough for Vee. She knows she needs to work on her people skills and would probably make efforts to hang out with Jaina when she can, mainly due to convenient proximity, though she got a friendly impression from Genevieve and would be receptive to socializing with her as well. An invitation from either of them to check out the haunted house would have her along. She's also never been to one before.

2) I know it wasn't expressly noted as a plot thread or mystery as such, but Vee would be interested in try to find out if the organization that was involved in forcing awake her powers was still around so as to know to avoid them at the very least.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Maybe I'm dense but other than the big "Why were we revived?" plot, I'm not sure what other mysteries Jaina has been exposed to. I mean, the pcs that went for the cheap housing have had other things they might want to investigate. But Jaina and Vee were given nothing to chew on by the guy in the car or the building super or the first guest (It's none of Jaina's business why the sister is ill.)

Also, how does Jaina hear about the haunted house? I hard to say why someone would investigate something they know nothing about. At best, "she was flying over it one day while getting a feel for the city and thought it was odd. Asking her tablet about the building piqued her curiosity." That feels a bit lame.
Davies

Post by Davies »

jmucchiello wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:08 pm Also, how does Jaina hear about the haunted house?
I don't know. How does Jaina hear about the haunted house?

In answer to your other question, there's always the plot thread of getting Jaina and Jacen into separate bodies.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Re the house, I already gave you the fly over idea.
Davies wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:39 pm In answer to your other question, there's always the plot thread of getting Jaina and Jacen into separate bodies.
Well, I doubt there are many leads to follow on that one. Jaina is probably smarting from her look into how much tech has passed her by. (And that's not something I expect to be fixed any time soon.)