IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

"Meeting an elder of the town would be very beneficial. She's been around, what? 600? 700 years or older?" the elf asks.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Shock

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn
HP: 13

Tyragorn looked at Aldan strangely. "Has the village even been here that long? I doubt there's a woman here over 80."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

"Oh, Humans. Right." Aldan gives a sheepish, somewhat disappointed nod.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Yes, she's human. I think she's about eighty years old, she's been with the town for quite some time," He says.
Tyragorn wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:06 am "Maybe you could introduce us. I'm sure a lonely old woman wouldn't mind having someone to talk to for an hour or two."
"That might be possible, mister...?" Zakarias says, fishing for a name.

Belated one might realize that since Zakarias arrived nobody has bothered to introduce themselves except for Aldan.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

"Tyragorn." He stepped forward and offered his hand. "Dedicated to Heironeous."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Traver, the grizzled old soldier, suddenly narrows his eyes as he looks at Tyragorn.

"Tyragorn... what was the name of the man who trained you?" He asks in a gravely voice.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

"Jarrak, sir. Of Heironeous, of course." Tyragorn wondered if the mercenary might know his mentor.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"You trained under the Lion?" Traver grimaces, staring at Tyragorn.

He slamed the table with his palm, startling Zakarias, "I'll be damned."

"What?"

"He's the Bandit Bane," Traver says.

"What?" Zakarias repeats.

"Tyragorn the Bandit Bane," Traver explains, "Paladin of Heironeous. Trained by the Lion of Blackmoore."

"How can you be so sure?" Zakarias asks.

"He looks like Ailla," Traver grunts.

Karia gasps, leaning across the table to take a closer look at Tyragorn, "It's true, look at his nose and cheekbones."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

"Ailla is my sister. I'm becoming desperate to hear any news of her." Tyragorn still wasn't fully comfortable with the tales that were being spread about him. "Whatever you've heard about the Bandit Bane has surely been exaggerated."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Zakarias glances at his wife before looking back to Tyragorn, "I guess I can take that to mean she didn't return to her family after Aelric... changed."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

"No, she did not. Where else could she have gone?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

Not wanting to intrude upon the conversation of the paladin's family Aldan nevertheless intrudes. "Yes, we had been speaking to your wife before you came in about many others of the town just up and leaving. Was it a particularly low crop yield this past season or perhaps there were other changes... wells going dry or changing taste or volume? Any unusual sounds from the woods, or lights and activity at night? Or perhaps the Church has changed policy in the past month or three? Missed it's ministrations or a holy day? All might be reason for sudden egress from Orlane." Aldan asks, his spectral hand poised to write in flowery elvish script.

While he keeps his notes close to his chest his companions may get a glimpse and any who could read Elvish would see:

Inn, but which one(?) Golden Grain, larger, recommended by suspicious kid that Tyr 'assaulted' with magic berry.
Boozy Badger, Ollwin & Belba, good but expensive wine, mildly addictive(?), recommended by Mayor and wife (this was lastly added and is still wet ink)
Abandoned Foaming Mug, good place for captives(?)/ bodies(?)
Blacksmith, insane, Mind altered(?), magic or drug(?), trashed house, wife missing, Tyr's BIL.
Sheriff Grover, jerk, but observant, changeling(?)
Church, Temple of Merikka, goddess of calendar, law, farming, - smashed idols @ blacksmith, poor plant health; lost blessing or offense(?)
'Elves', travelers, small cabin nearby, arrived 1 week ago, why now(?)
Poor Mrs. Vilma Merridie. human elder, might have info/history of town, introduction needed(?)
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Shock wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 11:05 pm "No, she did not. Where else could she have gone?"
"I don't know," Karia frowns, "There are towns nearby but she wasn't rich, and without money..."

Zakarias shakes his head, "I have some friends in the nearby towns, I've sent them a letter every time somebody has gone missing but we haven't heard anything back yet. But Ailla hasn't been gone very long, the letters couldn't have been delivered yet."
Flynnarrel wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:50 pm Not wanting to intrude upon the conversation of the paladin's family Aldan nevertheless intrudes. "Yes, we had been speaking to your wife before you came in about many others of the town just up and leaving. Was it a particularly low crop yield this past season or perhaps there were other changes... wells going dry or changing taste or volume?
"The fields have been fairly strong in the last couple years. We've had plenty of rain, and none of the wells have had any problems."

Flynnarrel wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:50 pm "Any unusual sounds from the woods, or lights and activity at night?"

"As for the forest, well, we've seen more goblins than normal, but they haven't seen any near the town in years. There is an old hermit living off to the west," Zakarias frowns, "Well, he keeps to himself."
Flynnarrel wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:50 pm " Or perhaps the Church has changed policy in the past month or three? Missed it's ministrations or a holy day? All might be reason for sudden egress from Orlane."
"Not that I've seen."

"They do seem a little more distant these days," Karia says.

"As opposed to everybody else?" Traver grunts.

"Ah, that's a good point," Karia admits as she takes a sip of her tea, "Well, I could introduce you to Mrs. Merridie if you'd like, or did you want to go to the inn first? I imagine you'd be wanting to clean up and get a good meal in you."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

"Where is Mrs. Merridie located?" the elf asks. "The Foaming Mug is back by the blacksmith's and we should really see that by the light of day and you said the elves's cabin was nearby. We could visit those first, then come back if the elder's home is far." Aldan suggests.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Zakarias points to a leatherworked map of the town that's up on the wall, "Well, her house is actually just across the river here."

"As for the elves they're staying just down the path from the house here," He says tapping at a point very close to the house you're currently in.

OOC:
On the map:
9 - Small Cottage (elves)
20 - Vilma Merridie's house