IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Plan b

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Plan b »

Jessica Bright

Jessica paused to consider the questions Aldan asked

"To answer your questions. Yes and i can, which is why i asked, you to give me time i'll need to do it. Keep the well meaning busy bodies and superstitious fools out the way. " Jessica replied putting the large man down gently

"From what i can tell, Georgia has it right, frankly if he'd been replaced he'd be looking after himself better. He's not in the best shape. Look, take Tyragon with you smooth this over and if you manage it quickly can you get me some strong alcohol and a long weight, every good taverns got one." Jessica asked looking around the wreckage for a belt or something simlair to bind Aldric's hands.
Flynnarrel

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Flynnarrel »

stavaros_the_arcane wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:17 am "So if I had to hazard a guess I'd say that before he snapped and tried to beat his own kinfolk with a hammer,he'd been stewing in a right mess of emotions for however long his wife's been gone. Worry, grief, guilt, anger, and the like all bottled up. And suddenly a handy dandy outlet for all those feelings walks up and says hello. Granted if we want to know for sure we should wake him up and see if he's settled down enough to actually talk to us. We'd tie his hands first, no sense letting him reach for another hammer if he's still ornery as a bull with a bee sting."
"I don't think you trash your house and smash your Goddess when you someone's missing." Aldan says gesturing to the state of this place. "If he knew she were dead, sure, I could see raging against the Heavens but he wanted our knight to 'give her back'. You don't 'miss' someone by giving them more work for when they come back."
Plan b wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:50 am Jessica Bright

Jessica paused to consider the questions Aldan asked

"To answer your questions. Yes and i can, which is why i asked, you to give me time i'll need to do it. Keep the well meaning busy bodies and superstitious fools out the way. " Jessica replied putting the large man down gently

"From what i can tell, Georgia has it right, frankly if he'd been replaced he'd be looking after himself better. He's not in the best shape. Look, take Tyragon with you smooth this over and if you manage it quickly can you get me some strong alcohol and a long weight, every good taverns got one." Jessica asked looking around the wreckage for a belt or something simlair to bind Aldric's hands.
"Smooth over with whom, Sister? I mean, sure, I'll wait outside and deflect inquiries but I still don't think splitting up is a good idea." Aldan reiterates.
[Unless I'm misunderstanding what a 'long weight' is.]
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Aldan

The "cold iron" leaves a dark sooty mark behind on the blacksmith's skin.

And all over Aldan's hands.

The metal nor the mark seem to bother the blacksmith. In truth after a few moments it's kind of hard to tell which sooty mark you added compaired to the number he has all around him.
He also seems to have no wounds, cuts, scratches or puncture marks around the neck. The only real wounds seem to be where he was recently smacked by a couple swords, and a few cuts and burns on his hands.

Jessica
Jessica's search for rope is extremely successful as she finds some twine, a couple balls of yarn, and some leather that was either in the process of being made into an apron or was the cast offs from an earlier effort.

Georgia
Georgia's investigation of the spinning wheel reveals some dust on it, which might indicate it hasn't been used in some time, but the table and the chair both seem fairly clean. It's hard to say for sure but they were probably used in the last week or two.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

"I'll be on watch outside." Aldan says.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn
HP: 13

Tyragorn moved to help Zasio with the blacksmith. "I appreciate you taking it easy on him. I'm sure my sister will be thankful as well. Let's take him inside and hope he's more reasonable when he wakes."
Plan b

Post by Plan b »

Sorry about the delay i've had a hellish week
Jessica Bright

"Thank you Tyragorn, can you give us a moment to calm him down?" Jessica asked binding the blacksmiths hands with the leather she found amongst the wreckage.

Assuming Tyragorn obliges

"Georgia i'm going give you a minor blessing, Pelor grant this soul Guidance" Jessica touched her outstreched palm to the teiflings brow.

"Georgia i think we should wake him up with one the good berries, can you calm him down enough, for us to tell him, that Tyr didn't know was his wife was missing but was concerned the she hadn't written in while. Maybe mention we brought a skilled tracker. " Jessica asked looking around the wreckage for a belt or something simlair to bind Aldric's hands.
Casting guidance on Goergia +D4 to the next check
Going to help https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/5e_SRD:Help_Action, Georgia with advice
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Aldan

As you stand outside you hear the sound of boots crossing a nearby bridge and cursing and swearing.

"I swear to the gods above, if he's killed somebody this time-" A gruff voice curses.

Around the corner to the south three men come stomping along, obviously looking ready for a fight. When they see you, though, it's easy to see the confusion on their faces.

The short ugly human in the front, wearing the starburst symbol indicating him as being the local constable, curses again.

"Ah hells, you didn't kill him did you?" He asks in a long suffering tone.

Inside the House

Jessica's spell goes off without issue, as you start to hear sounds of talking from outside the building.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

Aldan waves a hand in the air, dismissing the gruesome thought outright. "The smith? No, my people are seeing to him. Not a drop of blood spilled. Some spittle, I think, as he bore steel to attack us without provocation, ranting and raving, but no blood. I do employ the best." He steps forward to shake each man's hand.

"Aldan Tallymin, I am acting on official business of Duke Orlais, Trademaster to his liege lord of the Northern Coasts, in joint venture with the Golden Road Trading Company..." from a pouch he tilts up first a folded letter bearing an official looking seal, and then parchment bearing the letterhead of the Golden Road Trading Company though he never removes either fully, nor does he offer the documents to the constable, he speaks too quickly to allow them a word of interruption. "Now, I must document this fully for my report, you understand. response time was slightly over a tenth of an hour, but I'm willing to round down and say a twelfth of an hour in my report. Now, what are all of your names? Precise spellings please. Or if you’ve no knowledge of letters say ‘spell as sounds’." He looks to the three men with an officious expression.

While he talks a spectral hand dips quill into a travel-sized pot of ink and places it to a parchment on the anvil expectantly. Nothing like a bit of casual displays of magic to lend an air of gravitas.
Deception: 1d20+6 16
plus any circumstance bonus for props or story.
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

GEORGIA FIDDLER.
Plan b wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:40 pm
Sorry about the delay i've had a hellish week
Jessica Bright

"Thank you Tyragorn, can you give us a moment to calm him down?" Jessica asked binding the blacksmiths hands with the leather she found amongst the wreckage.

Assuming Tyragorn obliges

"Georgia i'm going give you a minor blessing, Pelor grant this soul Guidance" Jessica touched her outstreched palm to the teiflings brow.

"Georgia i think we should wake him up with one the good berries, can you calm him down enough, for us to tell him, that Tyr didn't know was his wife was missing but was concerned the she hadn't written in while. Maybe mention we brought a skilled tracker. " Jessica asked looking around the wreckage for a belt or something simlair to bind Aldric's hands.
Casting guidance on Goergia +D4 to the next check
Going to help https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/5e_SRD:Help_Action, Georgia with advice
"I should be able to get him to talk civil to us. I'm pretty good at getting people to relax and open up, but a little divine assistance is never unwelcome." Georgia said.
Arkrite wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:23 am Inside the House

Jessica's spell goes off without issue, as you start to hear sounds of talking from outside the building.
"Sounds like we've got company, better wake our cranky friend here." Georgia says. After they secure Aldric's hands, Georgia feeds him one of the Goodberries and tries to rouse him.

As soon as the blacksmith regains consciousness Georgia turns on the country charm.

"Wakey, wakey there friend. Sorry I can't let you sleep, you look like you could probably use a good rest. My name's Georgia, Georgia Fiddler, and I'd like to have a little talk. I wish we was meeting under better circumstances but its still nice to meet ya. Sorry for the rough handling and the tied hands, see you was swinging a hammer at my friend Tyragorn. Now as I understand it, y'all is kinfolk-by-marriage, so maybe you ain't on the best terms, but that seems like a damn strange way to greet your wife's kinfolk. So that supposes to me that something ain't right. Since we just got to town and heard all sorts of concerning rumors on the way here, we're hoping you can let us know what's happened and answer a couple of questions. Maybe we can help. You reckon that'd be agreeable?"

OOC: Persuasion+ Guidance 1d20+4+1d4: 25
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

Tyragorn stepped outside so his presence wouldn't provoke Aelric further. He arrived outside just in time to catch Aldan start into his rambling deception. He disliked the elf's first move to lies every time but he was smart enough to not interrupt the attempt.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Inside

Aelric blinks wildly as he wakes up looking confused.

"Tyragorn?" He mumbles, groggy, "Ailla. They took my Ailla."

"Lies! They speak lies!" He growls, "They turned their back on her."

"They're not welcome in my house! Smash them!" He snarls, his pupils shrink to pinpoints, and his breathing becomes erratic as thrashes pulling at his bonds, "Give me back my wife! Give me back my wife!"

It's hard to tell if Aelric even notices you as he thrashes around.
OOC: Aelric goes from Hostile to Indifferent, against all odds.

Outside

The two men behind the constable gawk at Aldan's demands, and glace to each other.
The constable in the front, however only looks bored.

"Lovely job, I'm sure," He says dryly crossing his arms across his chest, "But as the Constable of these parts I'm going to have to ask you to move. Aelric's a giant ass these days, but he's our giant ass and I need to make sure he's okay."

"And if he's okay, well, he's been warned. That boy's sitting in a cell until he gets civil," He sighs, "I can't be having him attacking every traveler that comes through."

As Tyragorn walks outside one of the two in the back nudges the other one, "Isn't that the bandit bane?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan seemed undeterred though inside he was most annoyed that these yokels were folding like a thin bronze breastplate.

"Ah, he's 'been warned' that flying into a homocidal rage is... what, 'frowned upon'? Tell me, Constable Who-has-yet-to-identify-himself, how long have you known and done nothing about the potentially murderous threat in your town? Because that is definitely going into my report, to-wit, copies will be distributed both to my employer and the leader or leaders of this township." Aldan looks over his shoulder to note Tyragorn's egress from the hovel. "And this is Tyragorn, Bandit's Bane, Brother-in-law to the aforementioned threat. I'm sure he would be most interested in your answer as well as any information you have regarding the Blacksmith's wife."

"You understand we have legitimate and actionable grievances here, do you not?"

As he talks, he carefully and subtly watches the three men, trying to gauge their reactions.
insight: 1d20+4 10
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

GEORGIA FIDDLER
Arkrite wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:49 am Inside

Aelric blinks wildly as he wakes up looking confused.

"Tyragorn?" He mumbles, groggy, "Ailla. They took my Ailla."

"Lies! They speak lies!" He growls, "They turned their back on her."

"They're not welcome in my house! Smash them!" He snarls, his pupils shrink to pinpoints, and his breathing becomes erratic as thrashes pulling at his bonds, "Give me back my wife! Give me back my wife!"

It's hard to tell if Aelric even notices you as he thrashes around.
OOC: Aelric goes from Hostile to Indifferent, against all odds.
Georgia was going to have to work fast if she wanted to get anything useful out of Aelric. There was definitely something wrong with the man, although how much of this madness was his own or an outside influence was beyond her. Well at the very least she made note of all his ramblings in case something useful slipped out, or it gave context for questions to ask other townsfolk.

"Wow there. Calm my friend. Who took Ailla? How long has she been gone?"
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

"Constable, please. Aelric is my kin, married to my sister, Ailla." Tyragorn spoke earnestly. "He is certainly not well but I don't think locking him up will help. The man is not right in his mind. From what I've heard, there could be something darker at work."
Persuasion check: 1d20+5 22
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Outside
Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:21 pm "You understand we have legitimate and actionable grievances here, do you not?"
"The name is Constable Grover," The constable gives Aldan an ugly smile,"And what I realize you're a little man making airs, and blocking the path of the local authority."

"You want to play that game, go talk to the Mayor, but he's got even less time for your fairy nonsense stories than I do."
Shock wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:19 am "Constable, please. Aelric is my kin, married to my sister, Ailla." Tyragorn spoke earnestly. "He is certainly not well but I don't think locking him up will help. The man is not right in his mind. From what I've heard, there could be something darker at work."
The constable sighs.

"It's not that I'm not sympathetic,Tyragorn. I am. I left him out even after he took swings at multiple people, because your sister promised she could keep him under control, and she did," He grunts, "Till she got tired of babysitting him and left."

"Ever since he left there hasn't been anybody who could keep him in check," He shakes his head, "It's safer for everybody, including him, if we put him in a cell until we can figure out what in the hells is going on with him. This time he picked a fight with bandit slaying hero, and everything turned out okay, but what if next time he goes after the neighbor's kid?"

"Being locked up a bit ain't fun, but it's only until he stops acting crazy and attacking people. Once we figure out what's wrong with him we can let him back out," Grover says, "He kills or really hurts somebody we might not have any choice."

"But I'm open to suggestions."

He looks over at the house as Aelric suddenly starts yelling.

Inside

Aelric's wild eyes turn to Georgia for a second, "S- s- Smashed them!"

"Smashed them!" He starts screaming as he flexes against his bonds thrashing wildly,"Smashed them!"

There is a loud popping noise that might have come from Aelric's bonds, but regardless he remains bound and helpless.