IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Shock

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn
HP: 21 AC:18

"Let's get on then. This could be a long day."
Arkrite

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Arkrite »

"Seems like farmers don't really like having to leave the fields too often to follow religious services. They usually just run one a week," He taps his staff against the ground as he thinks, "I think the next one is two days from now."

He gives the group a quick look, "But if you're planning on waiting until then, maybe you should go check in on that poor old lady on the east side of town. She lives pretty close to the temple, and there's nobody checking up on her these days. I'd hate to think whatever's happening around town got her too."

He gives a little smile, "Us old folk need to stick together."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

The elf considers, frowning. "I don't think I'd like to go there when the townspeople are in the temple. Not only does that mean there are potential innocents, but if there are tainted citizens then the bad guys have all that many more soldiers at their disposal."

"I'm inclined to go more immediately to not give them more time to plan for us or find out about us." He looks around. "What do you guys think?"
"Something pithy this way comes."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

"I agree." Tyragorn nodded then turned to the old man. "But we'll check on the old woman as well. I'd hate to ignore anyone that may need help. Do you know what her name is?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan
Shock wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:45 pm Tyragorn

"I agree." Tyragorn nodded then turned to the old man. "But we'll check on the old woman as well. I'd hate to ignore anyone that may need help. Do you know what her name is?"
Aldan consults his notes. "Mrs. Vilma Merridie. human elder. I don't mind checking in at her domicile first, the mayor recommended it and he is currently...." he scans a different page... "87% not compromised."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Ramne nods, "Oh well, that's good."

Ramne waves to you as you leave, then goes back to limping back into his house leaning heavily on his staff. Whiskers, on the other hand, stalks Tyragorn's boots from a distance of no closer than twelve feet, going into a series of crazed hopping, flipping, flopping and frantic retreats any time it accidentally comes within that distance.

After you leave the woods the weasel disappears, having either successfully chased off Tyragorn's boots, or gotten distracted along the way.

The sun is rising and the scent of damp grass fills your nose. Soon the sun will be overhead and the day threatens to be quite warm. The skies are blue, and a light breeze blows across the fields of grain, rustling the leaves in the trees.

As you walk along the north side of the town you see a very well maintained farm to the north of the Boozey Badger, further along you pass a much less well kept farm that's showing years of weather damage, though the child in the yard feeding a flock of chickens indicates that it's still occupied.

Finally you approach Vilma Merridie's place.

Brilliant flower gardens surround this quaint little home. Clean shutters flank several large windows, and fancy curtains are visible inside. The building is sheltered by several large elm trees. A small plume of smoke seeps from the chimney, indicating that somebody's likely home.

Jessica slows down as you approach the building and looks around slowly at nothing in particular.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

Aldan regards the flowers and nods. "She's still in the favor of the Growing Goddess, it seems."

Aldan heads to the door and knocks. "Tyragorn, you want to take this one? or maybe Georgia?"
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

Tyragorn nodded. "She's in someone's favor for sure." He let out a sigh, feeling a bit of weight off his shoulders. "This place is holy to someone." He looked at Aldan strangely, wondering at his change of mood. "You don't want to talk? Are you OK?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

The elfling laughs. "My skills lie in convincing, and... laying verbal traps so that folk stumble their way over to the truth. I'm better when people start from the premise that I'm up to no good and give them false reinforcements that shape their beliefs." he says honestly.

"You're better at getting folk to trust you, Georgia too. That's probably a better approach with this Elder." he nods toward the door. "Plus I've been talking a lot and I'd like to save some for the Temple." He indicates the structure on the low hill imposing itself over the town. "Ask if she was here when it was built and lead the conversation gently to if she's heard of other ways in like built over a cave system or something."

"Honsetly, I'm pretty sure I'll butt in at some point, my nature." he says shrugging. "But please get her trust. Plus, it was your call to visit here so I'm not 100% sure what you're looking for."
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Arkrite wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:06 am Finally you approach Vilma Merridie's place.

Brilliant flower gardens surround this quaint little home. Clean shutters flank several large windows, and fancy curtains are visible inside. The building is sheltered by several large elm trees. A small plume of smoke seeps from the chimney, indicating that somebody's likely home.

Jessica slows down as you approach the building and looks around slowly at nothing in particular.
Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:40 am Aldan

Aldan regards the flowers and nods. "She's still in the favor of the Growing Goddess, it seems."

Aldan heads to the door and knocks. "Tyragorn, you want to take this one? or maybe Georgia?"

Georgia nods "We can see about talking our way in. I mean you are supposed to be uppity merchant, a little old lady might be put off by some out of town big shot, while a country girl like me and a big strapping heroic lad like Tyragorn might not. If she saw anything weird from the nearby temple she will be more likely to share."

Georgia peers over at Jessica. "You okay there Jess?"
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

Tyragorn looked at Aldan strangely. "I'm looking for an old woman to try to keep her out of danger. If she knows anything of the town or my sister, even better."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

Aldan regarded the paladin with a raised eyebrow. He wanted to ask if the man would whisk her away on his back or, perhaps, stand guard over her bed. "The only way you'll really keep this woman or any of these people safe is to address the taint in this town and I don't think you'll find the source of that here. Let's just keep that in mind. We shouldn't tarry too long." he reminds.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jessica nods, "Yes, it's just... you don't feel that? It feels like stepping on hollowed ground."

After knocking on the door the sound of movement can be heard, and a cheerful old voice calls out, "Coming, coming."

It takes a minute or two but the door opens to reveals a fragile looking old lady in a plain dress, with a white shawl over her shoulders. She looks at you, one by one, squinting but stops at Tyragorn with a happy exclamation.

"I know you," She says with a big smile, reaching out to grasp the Paladin's hand in her own, "You're Ailla's brother. Oh she did like talking about you."

"Come in, come in," she waves to the group, the gemstones on her rings on her hand catching the sun and sparkling, "I'll make some tea."

She shuffles away from the door, very slowly making her way over to the stove. She pauses every few feet, as though to catch her breath before continuing, with a determined air.

The cottage itself is fairly small, the bedroom, kitchen and dining area are really just one moderately sized room. But the cottage is quite tidy, with some embroidered sheets on the wall showing scenes of flowers. On the table is some clothing that couldn't possibly belong to Vilma which appears to be in the process of being mended. Along one wall, near the bed, is a tastefully appointed shrine to Merikka.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

Tyragorn smiled in greeting. "You know Ailla? When did you last see her?"

"Don't trouble yourself. We don't want to bother you long."
He took a few steps into the house, careful not to track too much dirt. "We just want to check on how you're doing and if you've had any trouble with outsiders recently."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Zasio Blackthorn:
Objects of Interest: Goodberries (2 - each heals 4 hp)

Zasio kept quiet in the back of the group, it was obviously the best choice to let Tyragorn be the one to first talk with the older woman since she somewhat familiar with him thanks to his missing sister.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!