B.A.D. (Bastions Against Destruction)- IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Tattooedman

Re: B.A.D. (Bastions Against Destruction)- IC

Post by Tattooedman »

Outsider:
Condition:
HP: 1

Outsider said nothing as he saw the others who'd survived as he had. Instead his focus was first placed on the dais and the energy radiating from it. A frown formed on his face as his gaze turned to the crystalized beings that were positioned in a manner that suggested they were worshipping perhaps or, in a much worse idea, were perhaps the cause of all the destruction he'd witnessed.

Outsider was pulled from his thoughts by one of the others speaking.
"Not what one expects at the epicenter of an Armageddon, isn't it?"

"No, it is not." He answered with a tone that implied irritation, or perhaps frustration, as he casts his gaze over the others assembled as he tapped into the well of knowledge the Norn had granted him.

OOC wrote:Well Informed Check: 1d20+8 12, not sure that's too great but I'll go with it.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Stargirl

Locating the origin of the destruction had proven to be not difficult. What surprised her were the 4 other beings that arrived at the epicenter nearly exactly when she had. Who or what were these beings? She eyed them warily. Were any of them involved in the destruction of this planet? It seemed highly unlikely. The obvious, but not necessarily correct, cause would be the humanoid statues surrounding the dais. Azura had seen plenty of Earth video presentations where young adults or teenagers meddled with forces beyond their comprehension causing irreparable damage and destruction. Could this have been a real life version?
"Not what one expects at the epicenter of an Armageddon, isn't it?"
Azura looked at the being quizzically.

"I do not know what you were expecting but if you wish to solve this mystery, it would be wise to dismiss any preconceived notions of what to expect. All the great detectives know this."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Facet of Iam
HP:1
<~> O°<~>

He looks at her with genial expression, hand still on his cheek. From all the information available to her, he would appear to be quite human. If one discounted how he effortlessly floated in mid-air and survived a doubtlessly toxic atmosphere."I more wish to rip apart whatever weapon may of caused this with my bare hands then to uncover any cosmic mysteries. The galaxy would benefit from having less weapons of annihilation, would it not?"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

KAIJU

The crystalline figures were of little concern to Kaiju right now; they were immobile and posed no immediate threat to the woman. She was, however, put on edge by the presence of four others. Seeing as how the first contact she had had with outside forces after so many years immediately captured her, she didn’t have much trust in these strangers. Were they working for the Curator? Were they here to stuff her back into a ship? She’d like to see them try.

The pretty boy floating in the air spoke, and while his voice was pleasant, it was all gibberish to Kaiju. Two of the others seemed to know the language, responding in words the radioactive survivor understood, but what they talked about didn’t interest her.

“Who the hell are you all?” she gnashed her teeth. “You’d better think twice if you’re looking for a fight.”
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Facet of Iam
<~> O°<~>

The corner of his eyes spotted the woman who sported numerous glowing features- Or, more specifically, he spotted the sharp teeth which gnashed while she garbled and growled a guttural speech. For a split second they focused squarely on her mouth, functions beyond his understanding calculating the amount of biting force a humanoid of her size and shape could produce. A finger twitched, but that was all that slipped past his perfectly calm facade, his eyes once again focused on the first two he spoke with as if they had never stopped.

'Do not fight her.' A voice from his Higher Self commanded, and Facet obliged.
------------
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Stargirl

Azura looked at the woman who had uttered the threat. Interesting. A species she had not encountered or knew about.

"Unless you are involved with the destruction of this planet and the surrounding space, then I have no interest in fighting you at this moment. You appear to be from a warrior species and violence is your natural reaction to the unknown. Please restrain those instincts until I determine what happened and who is responsible. I do not enjoy getting pulled from orbit. This is clearly not the work or the Star Khan, the Grue, or any of the other species I have learned about. Anyone capable of destruction on this scale deserves my attention."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Salvo
Condition: Normal

The starfighter configuration came to an unnatural stop for such a craft, whirring and clicking as it reconfigured to a humanoid form and dropped the remaining few feet to the ground.

"Affirmative." The mechanoid stated to the query regarding Armageddon. "Like myself, you are not natives to this world... I would know your designations, despite the situation...

"As for destroying the weapon that caused this or solving cosmic mysteries, I believe finding whoever used this weapon of mass destruction would benefit the galaxy as a whole more than simply destroying it. I do not subscribe fully to the opinion that beings kill beings, as they require weapons to cause devastation on this scale... However, in this instance, there are far too many questions to simply fight each other or randomly attack perceived suspects."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Facet of Iam
<~> O°<~>

"Designations?" Facet chuckled, obviously amused with the much more obvious mechanoid creature. "Isn't it more polite to introduce yourself before asking such things, hm? Yet who am I one to talk. Facet Iam; humble explorer, adventurer, and... tourist." Though he spoke with a grin, something about it lacked luster. Perhaps even he realized that a freshly designated tomb world deserved some measure of somber.

"We should start from the top, and describe what he had each sensed or seen before coming here. Get ourselves on a similar page as it were."
------------
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Proxima Theta-

Outsider looks over the assembled beings around him and can recognize one. Well...he can recognize what one of them is. The Argent is the only being he can identify and that's simply because, while a recent phenomenon, the organization is making its presence felt across the galaxy. Much like the Star Knights, Argents have been working toward positive goals, though a number of them spend most of their time pursuing Orizon, the herald of Collapsar. The young girl has an accent reminiscent of Magna Lor, but since that planet has been destroyed and the Lor Republic annexed by the Imperium, it's hard to be certain.

For the Facet of Iam the conversation with the other beings is just one track of his multi-tasking here. Studying the pillars more closely, he can see they are made of a crystalline material...perhaps salt? They are humanoid in shape and exquisitely carved. His cosmic awareness detects the lingering touch of life, like a fading dream within them. More importantly, he's seen the symbol each statue has embossed on its clothing...the church of endings. They worship an ancient personification of entropy and seek to drag the universe back into the peace of oblivion.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

All PC's-
It's been a distracting and busy week, so I fell behind. Everyone give yourselves 1 HP by way of apology
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Stargirl

Azura sized up the others. She did not trust them. Yet, none had made any hostile moves or voiced any threats.

"I am known as Stargirl on Earth. My arrival on this planet was unintented. A massive gravitational pull forced me to the surface during the destruction of the planet."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Facet of Iam
HP:2
<~> O°<~>

"Ah, Earth..." The man mused, a nostalgic look flashing across his face. "It's been many years since I've seen it's grand forests and beautiful oceans. So you are human like myself after all, hmm? What a small galaxy this is in the end... Or should I say, it's endings?"

The more he studied those statues, the less he could continue to keep up the appearance of nonchalance. To think that he would encounter this cult here of all places. "Sculptures of salt, why does life drift from such lifelike creations one wonders? I recognize their area of worship by their emblems, the name of their cult. The Church of Endings. To kneel before an element of entropy itself in prayer for 'peaceful oblivion'? Some beings just don't understand how good they have it, do they? To be alive in this age of wonder and mystery, yet wishing to bring about it's very end."
Deception: 29+5(Attractive) to deceive about his apparent humanity.
------------
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Outsider:
Condition:
HP: 2

"I am known as Outsider." the dark haired man answered bluntly. Almost like he'd forgotten what manners were, perhaps wherever he's been lately hasn't required their use. "There are those who are never happy with their lot in life and seek either guidance or solace from a "higher power", and sometimes they are led greatly astray."

Outsider frowned as if something was interfering with his connection to the Norn. Mentally he pushed his way into the interference, taking it's measure then sighing slightly as he recognized the tell-tale signs of entropic energy. He glanced to the symbol Facet pointed out on the remains of the humanoids, Outsider pushed himself deeper into the trove of knowledge that was his to call upon.

OOC wrote:Use Well-Informed on The Church of Endings.

Well-Informed Check: Well Informed Check: 1d20+8 19
Last edited by Tattooedman on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

KAIJU
HP: 2

"Hmph," Kaiju grunted, her breath letting out a wisp of blue. She wasn't about to let her guard down completely, but it seemed like no one was interested in attacking her. She didn't care for how the girl was talking down to her though. Violence was her natural reaction? It made Kaiju want to punch the Stargirl.

"I'm Kaiju," she said, seeing that everyone else was sharing.

It wasn't her birth name. Back when society still existed on her world, registration was legally required of all citizens who possessed powers. The government assigned a word or phrase that described an individual's abilities. When she was registered as a young girl, there wasn't a simple description of what she was capable of. Super-strength? Immunity to radiation? Animal senses? She was some sort of... strange beast. And it was the beast that survived the fallout, so Kaiju it was.

"I was kidnapped from my world," she continued. "Whatever happened must have made me crash here. When I woke up, everything was already a wreck. Also," she jabbed a finger towards Facet Iam, "what the hell is this guy saying?"
Last edited by Bill from Accounting on Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Facet of Iam
HP:2
<~> O°<~>

Facet suddenly grinned widely as he noticed the gesture. "She can't understand me one bit, can she?"

When this body was created along with the others, Iam never intended to make them all-powerful all-knowing androids. Each were designed with only their apparent specie's racial language, and were expected to go through the expereince of learning new ones firsthand. Even though if his Higher Self wished it, he could have the entire database within his memory core. For some reason that annoyed him despite it being his own decision in the first place.

His left eye twitched a fraction of an inch, uncontrolled.
------------