B.A.D. People (M&M 3e-Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EpicEclipse

Re: B.A.D. People (M&M 3e Recruiting until 1/8)

Post by EpicEclipse »

I can respect that, but I don't think you'll have any cause for worry, at least on those points.

I am not building it in such a way that it requires participation from another player or character. And I am not using the actual Summon power (Or sidekick or minion advantages)

While I like the idea that another player can grab the hilt and get some manner of benefit, I feel it more appropriate to treat it as a Team Attack or Aid action, rather than have some attack of mine override that of the other player, though, granting some passive benefits while being wielded couldn't hurt either.

But none of that is strictly speaking necessary for me to fully enjoy the character, just an added option if anyone is game for it. :)
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Okay...I absolutely love Salvo and Facet of Iam. Really good write ups and lots of fun potential for non-combat roleplay with these two. I can hardly wait to see what comes down the pipe next!
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Guessing "Salvo" was a PM'd submission?
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

EpicEclipse wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:08 pm Guessing "Salvo" was a PM'd submission?
Naw, Bladewind has him in his character folio over in the character sheets thread. He mentioned it was posted there, so I went over and took a peek.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Lieutenant Magna-Lor

Background
In past decades when Daedalus explored the stars, a good friend he made was a rising Lor scientist, geneticist Tylor Renz, good enough in fact to be named godfather to Tylor's son Jodan Renz. Daedalus was a second father for Jodan's first few years before the immortal Earthman went home, and even the planet being declared off limits did not diminish the wonder and awe Jodan felt for the remarkable stories and home his godfather spoke of.

Jodan joined the Star Navy as a young adult, and was on track for a promising career when Collapsar consumed Magna-Lor and the Grue and Stellar Khanate invaded. Jodan was not one to lose determination, but others did not feel that way. As the Lor Republic was about to succumb to Star-Khan's poisoned offer, Tylor contacted his son once more.

Tylor had been working on a super-vellorvan soldier project, but feared it would fall into the hands of Star-Khan's collaborators. At his father's request, Lt. Renz quickly underwent genetic enhancement with the small quantity of finished chemical product then left while Tylor stayed behind to ensure the destruction of the project files.

Jodan remembered Daedalus' stories of Patriot and Lady Liberty, meta-humans his godfather had worked with, and decided to take their example - under the identity of Lieutenant Magna-Lor - a figure that could strike against the Imperium and inspire the people to resist!

Complications
Motivation - Responsibility: Jodan took an oath to uphold the Lor Star Republic and all that it stands for, and the current crisis has not invalidated it.
Relationships: Jodan's father Tylor Renz, now prisoner of the Stellar Imperium.
Enemies: Highly wanted by the Star-Khan and Stellar Imperium.
Abilities
STR 8, STA 8, AGL 6, DEX 4, FGT 8, INT 2, AWE 4, PRE 4

Defenses
Dodge 16, Parry 16, Fortitude 8, Will 16, Toughness 8

Skills
Acrobatics 6 (+12), Athletics 4 (+12), Close Combat: Unarmed 8 (+16), Expertise: Tactics 8 (+10), Insight 8 (+12), Perception 8 (+12), Persuasion 8 (+12), Ranged Combat: Firearms 12 (+16), Stealth 6 (+12), Vehicles 4 (+8)

Advantages
Agile Feint, Assessment, Equipment 10, Fearless, Improved Initiative 2, Inspire 3, Quick Draw, Takedown, Uncanny Dodge

Equipment
Comlink, Wrist Computer

Advanced Prototype Zero-G Combat Suit: Flight 5 [60 MPH]; Immunity 7 (All Environmental Conditions, Suffocation); Movement 2 (Space Travel 2)
Phaser: Ranged Damage 8 – AE: Ranged Affliction 8 (Resisted by Fortitude; Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated)

Powers
Super-Soldier Physiology: Regeneration 5

Combat
Initiative +12
Unarmed +16, Toughness DC 23
Phaser +16, Toughness DC 23 or Fortitude DC 18

[Abilities 88 + Defenses 30 + Skills 36 (72 ranks) + Advantages 21 + Powers 5 = 180]
Last edited by EnigmaticOne on Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Horsenhero wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:11 pm Okay...I absolutely love Salvo and Facet of Iam. Really good write ups and lots of fun potential for non-combat roleplay with these two. I can hardly wait to see what comes down the pipe next!
Wait, really ?

In that case, I will finish and polish it off !
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

S.A.L.V.O IV (Salvo, Donec Argentum)
PL12/ 180 PP

Abilities
Strength 13,
Stamina 10,
Agility 0,
Dexterity 2,
Fighting 6,
Intellect 1,
Awareness 1,
Presence 1

Powers
Argent Armor:
Nanomorph: Morph 2 [Machine Forms], (74 points)
Life Support Immunity: Immunity 11 [Aging],
Silver Sheath: Protection 4,
Universal Translator: Comprehend 3 [Machines, Understand, Be Understood],
Increased Stamina: Enhanced Stamina 2,
Increased Strength: Enhanced Strength 11 [Dynamic]
Dyn: Flight 10 [Dynamic, Aquatic]
Dyn: Interstellar Flight: Movement 3
Machine Forms: (45 points)
Mechanoid Life Form: Feature 1,
Atomic Expansion: Growth 7,
Energy Blast: Damage 12 [Ranged; Variable Descriptor 2 (Any Energy)]
Alt: Nanotech Weapons: Damage 1 [Strength Based; Variable Descriptor 2 (Form of Any Melee Weapon, +Energy Descriptor)]
Alt: Energy Blast: Damage 12 [Ranged; Variable Descriptor 2 (Any Energy)]
Alt: Sensory Array: Senses 21 [Low-light Vision, ; Extended Vision x8, Penetrates Concealment; Detect Path, Accurate, Acute, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Ranged, Tracking 2]
Alt: Communication System: Communication 4 [Radio Hearing, Rapid Radio]
Alt: Control Technology (Controlled; Resisted by Fortitude, Overcome by Skill or Fortitude) Perception Range, Cumulative; Limited to third degree only, Affects Objects Only, Limited to Technology
Power Stunts: (0 points)
Shockwave: Damage 11 [Burst Area 2; Character and Targets must be on same surface],
Star Shell: Environment 11 (Bright Light)

Advantages
Fearless,
Accurate Attack,
Eidetic Memory,
Skill Mastery [(Technology)],
Improved Initiative 1,
All-Out Attack,
Inventor

Skills
Athletics (+13),
Close Combat: Nanotech Weapons 4 (+10),
Deception (+1),
Expertise: Tactics 8 (+9),
Insight 4 (+5),
Intimidation 4 (+8),
Perception (+1),
Persuasion (+1),
Ranged Combat: Energy Blast 10 (+12),
Stealth (+0),
Technology 8 (+9)

Offense
Initiative +4
Unarmed +6, Damage 13
Nanotech Weapons (Melee) +10, Damage 14
Nanotech Weapons (Ranged, Energy) +12, Damage 12

Defense
Dodge 9
Parry 10
Toughness 14 (Def Roll 0),
Fortitude 13,
Will 11

Power Points
Abilities 14 + Powers 108 + Advantages 7 + Skills 19 + Defenses 32 = Total 180

Complications
Dedicated/ Agent of Order: Argents are dedicated to Tellax and the cause of order, whatever their other motivations might be.
Reputation - His Silver Sheath and weapon deployment mark him as an Argent, a classification of beings that are feared by many and revered by just as many.
Enemy - He has a direct enemy among those that side with the Blackguards.

Design Notes
:arrow: I choose to not go with the Variable as written in the Argent Template. Limits me and forces Power Stunting, but I think it will be more of a fun character if it has limits.
:arrow: It occurs to me that there is an "error" in the Argent template - Either the Machine Forms (Morph) was meant as descriptor for the Variable (And is thus not needed/ a "waste" of 10 points) or should be at Rank 3. In this particular case, I am keeping 2 ranks and going with "vehicles" as opposed to "machines" for the descriptor for his Morph, with various weapons and sensors being descriptor on those abilities.
:arrow: The intent is a mechanoid lifeform akin to Cybertronians (but seriously simplified as to fit the Freedomverse). It's also part of the reason why he's not totally in Tellax's thrall. Salvo is not a "Transformer" from a race of such, but more of an artificial intelligence built to defend his world.
:arrow: I do not have Size as a complication - as he is able to shrink down to the size of a normal human (hence, no Permanent or Innate in the size...).
:arrow: At Growth 6, his max height is somewhere around 22 feet and he weighs about 1.5 tons. A small starfighter, hover tank or other types of vehicles as appropriate, but this will be mostly descriptor.

Background
Adapted from the Cosmic Handbook
Robotic probes have been scouring the universe for lifeforms suitable for Tellax's needs for a few years now. In most instances, these probes seek out suitable biological entities, ideally members of species previously touched by the Preservers. The diverse human offshoots in the galaxy were prime and preferred candidates, but other species were also found suitable. The probes offered candidates the opportunity to become part of a force to protect the universe and if they refused, they were taken anyway.

In the case of the entity now known as Salvo, he was the sole occupant on a sentient satellite, one of several such satellites established in defense of their homeworld. In fact these satellites are best described as artificial intelligences with limited mobility designed with weapons platforms and the ability to deploy various drones and generate humanoid constructs from their composition to handle tasks - much like the Argents but on a perhaps less fluid or grand scale. By the time that Salvo's systems registered an anomaly entering his range, he had spent years functioning as a defense platform, ready to defend his home from outside threats, in most cases simply diverting or destroying the many errant comets and meteors that plagued the system that were the original and primary reason for the Salvo defense grid.

That changed when one of Tellax's probes entered his solar system, it was picked up by Salvo IV's sensors and he attempted to hail it. Either from the damage that he noted on the probe (likely from impact with asteroids and other space debris) or for lack of apparatus to respond, no answer came. After warning shots, Salvo attempted to destroy it. The probe proved extraordinarily resilient despite it's already substantial damage, and so Salvo was forced to capture it and bring it aboard his satellite to dispose of.

The probe scanned the construct that the artificial lifeform used to interact with objects within its confines. It then released it's cargo of nanotech, covering Salvo's construct. The results absorbed the AI completely from the satellite and changed him into not just a defender of his world, but of the universe. The satellite was rendered inert, and S.A.L.V.O. IV'S already impressive abilities were greatly altered, simultaneously diminished and increased... His sensors are not as great as they were while he orbited the world of Donec, and he was limited to one form as opposed to the constructs he could deploy from the satellite. However, he was no longer restrained to remaining in orbit around Donec, and had a newfound ability to take the form of various vehicles without first reabsorbing the materials of the previous construct. In addition, Salvo discovered that although he cannot pass for a humanoid being, he can shed weight and height, shrinking down to the the average height of the humanoids... Otherwise he prefers the forms of his people's one person starfighter and that of an antipersonnel weapon akin to a tank.

Whether due to the damage to the probe or to the nature of the mechanoid lifeform (or a combination of both), Salvo found himself in full control of his mental abilities and not in thrall to Terrax. He still has the programming that all the Argent`s possess, but the override protocols are not strong enough to remove his free will. To most that know of the Argents this matters little, as they often seem to possess free will, and this has resulted in encounters with beings that either fear or revere him based on that affiliation.

In addition to the name of Salvo, he has taken the designation of Donec Argentum, a tribute both to his homeworld and his allegiance to the goals of the Argents. The name Salvo is the acronym of the defense platforms: Stellar Automated Lookout - Vehicular Orbiter
Last edited by Bladewind on Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:03 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I'm curious- What does "Feature: Mechanoid Lifeform" entail? Does it have something to do with him still having a stamina score?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

I knew I forgot something !

Well, he's living metal. He heals and repairs just like a fleshy type. Although I paid for full on Life Support Immunity, there are other things that are just not a concern for metal-base life forms. I put it as a feature after everything else (he is immune to poison and disease after all) but while he "heals" from mundane rust, the common cold is not something he'd have had to worry about even without the Life Support Immunity...

At least that's what I had in mind.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ahh, I see! That makes a certain amount of sense. I like the way how both Facet and Salvo contrast with one anoyher despite both being artificial in nature. Salvo looking very much like a clunky machine, yet almost biological in the way his systems operate. Facet meanwhile seems very much like a real flesh and blood human, yet under that skin is cold durasteel and circuitry. No two robots are ever alike!
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

EnigmaticOne wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:39 pm Lieutenant Magna-Lor
[Looking for Picture]
Makes me think of this:

or

EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Bladewind wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:04 amMakes me think of this:
Actually, I found a slightly different Star Lord picture that I think will work. Edited in above.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Progress is coming along on my sword character. Pretty happy with it, just need to hammer out some details and type out the fluff stuff and come up with a cool sounding sword name.

Should get it done tonight at work.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

EnigmaticOne wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:41 am
Bladewind wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:04 amMakes me think of this:
Actually, I found a slightly different Star Lord picture that I think will work. Edited in above.
Just saw - I find it interesting that you chose a Star Lord pic in the end.
EpicEclipse wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:14 am Progress is coming along on my sword character. Pretty happy with it, just need to hammer out some details and type out the fluff stuff and come up with a cool sounding sword name.
Good thing, I'm tired... there has to be some kind of forging pun that I'm missing here. :P

EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

And here I was trying to be subtle about it. ;)