B.A.D. People (M&M 3e-Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Horsenhero

Re: B.A.D. People (M&M 3e-Full)

Post by Horsenhero »

Gah! I missed everyone's posts because Captain Chaos was the last pc post I saw and then after all the other pc posts, he posted again. That'll teach me to actually open the thread, not just look at who posted last.

Gm posts will be forthcoming!
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Looking over my fellow cosmic beings, I notice that I'm the only one who didn't make Space Travel an AE off of flight. Did I make a bit of a mistake there, not doing so?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

You probably cost yourself some points, but on the plus side they have to be neutralized separately. Not that I would do any such thing. :twisted:
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Suspicious... ;)

Just a three points potencially lost there then, I'm supposing. Not an awful amount.
------------
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:07 pm Suspicious... ;)

Just a three points potencially lost there then, I'm supposing. Not an awful amount.
A bit, but nothing most GMs might take advantage of at one point during an adventure. ;)

3 points isn't a horrible loss, most people tend to tie the two powers together for ease of build.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

I seem to recall somewhere - can't remember the edition for that matter - where the RAW specifically said that Space Travel could not be an AE of flight. My guess is to make it at least a little more costly and so it wouldn't be too frequent. Other than that, I see no real reason (other than the mentions in the previous posts...)
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

Bladewind wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:37 am I seem to recall somewhere - can't remember the edition for that matter - where the RAW specifically said that Space Travel could not be an AE of flight. My guess is to make it at least a little more costly and so it wouldn't be too frequent. Other than that, I see no real reason (other than the mentions in the previous posts...)
Huh. You know, I was sure this WAS the rule in 2E, but then I looked at the core book and it's not mentioned. It is, however, stated in the Ultimate Power supplement:
Space Travel and Flight cannot be Alternate Powers of each other in an Array (although one could be in an Array and the other separate); in order to fly in both environments, a character must have both effects separately.
Weird. Anyway, are we worried about Languages right now? I was also going through the builds, and as far as Comprehend goes it looks like this:

Stargirl - Understand All, You're Understood
Outsider - Understand All, You're Understood
Facet - None
Kaiju - None
Salvo - Understand All, You're Understood (+Machines)

So, unless we're ignoring potential language barriers for the PCs, Facet and Kaiju can communicate with everyone except each other.
Last edited by Bill from Accounting on Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

That's actually why I was looking at my build a bit and wondering if I could somehow squeeze in some comprehension with an adjustment somewhere. Sadly, that'll probably have to wait until later in the adventure. Hm... Maybe if I lowered his android-mode's regeneration and save the heavy duty version for the battlemech version?
------------
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

~Knock, knock~

Anybody here?

Just a bit concerned about nobody posting since Feb 23rd.
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I've pretty much exhausted the things I can do until my check comes through without without results. I don't want Facet to wander too far away from what he's investigating.

Edit: Our GM had been missing since the 15th... :|
------------
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

I thought that was part of the issue, just wanted to be sure.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Hello! So sorry for the vanishing act. I fell victim to a particularly nasty case of malware and debugging my computer took waaaaayyy longer than I anticipated. My phone continues to hate this site for some reason, so I couldn't go by phone...but I am back now.

Once again, I apologize greatly.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

No worries. I know how troublesome that problem can be. Glad you got it fixed.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Shit. None of actually have any form of real Cosmic Awareness do we? Not even Outsider.
------------
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:22 pm Shit. None of actually have any form of real Cosmic Awareness do we? Not even Outsider.
Outsider has ability to detect Entropic energies which will suffice in this case.