OOC: Against the Cult of the Reptile God - D&D 5E - Recruiting Closed

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: OOC: Against the Cult of the Reptile God - D&D 5E - Recruiting Closed

Post by Arkrite »

Shock wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:10 am C'mon, it's day 1. What could happen? :lol:
Huh.
::Looks at notes::
:shock:
I plead the fifth.

Anyways, I took the liberty of moving Zasio. Normally I'd ask, but I doubt positioning is going to greatly benefit or hurt anybody.
Also the extra damage has been taken into account, it's pretty easy to see that the blacksmith is on his last legs.

Also, no matter how much rage and determination you have, a 5 on a d20 is never going to hit. Poor crazy blacksmith.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Now I regret not having Aldan come up behind him, drawing his rapier and hitting the blacksmith on the back of the head with the hilt saying "I Cast Sleep!" and watching the man fall unconscious.
"Something pithy this way comes."
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

You do raise a point about saving spells. Maybe I'll just make fun of him until he passes out from my sick burns.

I mean I'm going to use Viscous Mockery.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Flynnarrel wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:31 am Now I regret not having Aldan come up behind him, drawing his rapier and hitting the blacksmith on the back of the head with the hilt saying "I Cast Sleep!" and watching the man fall unconscious.
THAT made me snort-laugh! It would have been hilarious!
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Shock

Post by Shock »

My understanding of how the Paladin's Divine Sense works is it can detect certain types of creatures or specifically consecrated ground but it won't detect if Aelric has some kind of evil influence on him. is that right?
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Divine Sense
The presence of strong evil registers on your senses like a noxious odor, and powerful good rings like heavenly music in your ears. As an action, you can open your awareness to detect such forces. Until the end of your next turn, you know the location of any celestial, fiend, or undead within 60 feet of you that is not behind total cover. You know the type (celestial, fiend, or undead) of any being whose presence you sense, but not its identity (the vampire Count Strahd von Zarovich, for instance). Within the same radius, you also detect the presence of any place or object that has been consecrated or desecrated, as with the hallow spell.
You can use this feature a number of times equal to 1 + your Charisma modifier. When you finish a long rest, you regain all expended uses.
It would let you know if he was Celestial, a fiend, or undead, but it doesn't allow you to detect mind control, Dopplegangers, Shapeshifters Simulacrums or evil influences.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Sorry for being so quiet. I'm having trouble figuring out a low Int, high Wis+Cha character
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

A gregarious fellow who's really likable but only comes up with bad ideas even he realizes won't work? :lol:

And a request, please put your character's names at the top of your posts. It makes it a lot easier for me to find your posts when I'm writing up a GM post as I tend to skip over the ones with no names at the top.
Because I assume they're mine. :?

Also saves me time trying to remember how to properly spell some names. ;~)

Hopefully I didn't miss anybody's actions earlier?
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Sorry for the delay guys. Wanted to give you a chance to act, and...

Well, work sucks. Hasn't been good for some years, and last friday my boss move on to another job.
This week has been pretty depressing as a result.
But I have some plans on how to deal with that.

You'll be happy to know none of those plans involve destroying our heroes with an army of goblins.

Well... not yet. :twisted:
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Sorry again for the delay, things went from depressing to worse.
But hey, life happens.

Plans have been made to rectify the issues, and hopefully we'll get things rolling again.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Well hopefully your upturn is coming soon
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

And more delays, my fault again.
Business trip turned a quick install into a "we worked until after midnight" story. Took a bit to recover from that one.

But I managed to get something up today in spite of the inlaws showing up unexpectedly, so I count that as a win ;~)
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

And since I failed to mention it before, Aelric tried to escape by breaking the bonds, but he failed his roll.
Unless something changes he doesn't get another roll to escape.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Unfortunately you won't be able to get anything else out of Aelric.

To be honest you weren't supposed to get anything really out of him, but I couldn't ignore that magnificent roll and teamwork. :D

And on the bright side, there's only one way this can get any worse, so barring you guys doing something crazy I think we might actually get to some NPCs who like talking to people! :lol:
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Okay, you may have noticed weird numbers after certain descriptions in the last IC post.
These line up with the map on the first post of the OOC thread, to help make it easier to track what in the blue blazes I am talking about.
I also added the numbers and the locations they link up to below the map in the OOC thread, and a few NPC names that you've discovered so far to make things a little easier.

Please let me know if I missed anything, or you can think of anything I should add.

And in other news, I gave my resignation on Friday, and I have a new job lined up for the end of the month. So hopefully in a few weeks I'll be more alive and less stressed.
... or I'll be in the same job, but with a pension plan in the works ;~)