OOC: Against the Cult of the Reptile God - D&D 5E - Recruiting Closed

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Thorpocalypse

Re: Interest/Recruitment D&D 5E - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Closing Jan 19

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Tattooedman wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:58 am Well, if that's all I did then I'll call it a win for blind building.

As for foraging....it's a pretty useful skill for a party to have. :D
Also your AC should 14. 10 + 1 (leather armor) +3 (dex) = 14.

And your Ranged Attack bonus is +5. +2 Proficiency, +3 Dex.

I doubt I have time to actually make a character worth submitting so I'm just going to nitpick everyone else's and heckle Arkrite's DM-ing as you go. ;)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Tattooedman

Re: Interest/Recruitment D&D 5E - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Closing Jan 19

Post by Tattooedman »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:19 am
Tattooedman wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:58 am Well, if that's all I did then I'll call it a win for blind building.

I doubt I have time to actually make a character worth submitting so I'm just going to nitpick everyone else's and heckle Arkrite's DM-ing as you go. ;)
Thanks Thorp, I couldn't keep track of everything I needed to change after I tweaked Zasio's Attributes.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I don't know how I read his Dex as only a +1 modifier >_<
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:19 am

Recruiting doesn’t end for ten days, you have time.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Build looks good, TM.
One small thing; Your Dex is only 15, which means it should only be a +2 bonus to AC and Dex based attacks.

On the bright side your melee with finesse weapons will still be +4, so still a solid bonus at first level.
As with all the other characters I plan to give the a more solid look soon when I have more time to devote to it.

EpicEclipse wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:03 am I don't know how I read his Dex as only a +1 modifier >_<
Character has been edited/updated since this morning, might need to reload the page to see the changes.

Thorpocalypse wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:19 am I doubt I have time to actually make a character worth submitting so I'm just going to nitpick everyone else's and heckle Arkrite's DM-ing as you go. ;)
Booo, that's quitter talk.
Time to buckle down and create that fire themed sorcerer you were always dreaming of! :lol:
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Arkrite wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:42 am Build looks good, TM.
One small thing; Your Dex is only 15, which means it should only be a +2 bonus to AC and Dex based attacks.

On the bright side your melee with finesse weapons will still be +4, so still a solid bonus at first level.
As with all the other characters I plan to give the a more solid look soon when I have more time to devote to it.
It'd be 16 after he added the half elf +1, He just didn't note it quite right.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:38 pm Is this world mostly a literate or illiterate society?
Well the backdrop for your characters can indicate otherwise, but without that I would default to most people being illiterate.

Nobility, merchants and high ranking soldiers would probably be literate.

Most people will know basic math for day to day purchases.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

While it would make sense for an exiled tribesman to be illiterate, I somehow can't imagine Scarf not bothering to learn at some point over the last three centuries...
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Arkrite wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:42 am
Thorpocalypse wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:19 am I doubt I have time to actually make a character worth submitting so I'm just going to nitpick everyone else's and heckle Arkrite's DM-ing as you go. ;)
Booo, that's quitter talk.
Time to buckle down and create that fire themed sorcerer you were always dreaming of! :lol:
Fine, I will "make a character". Geez, you know how I am loathe to do that. ;)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Huh, I'm used to the default being literacy. That's cool though, think I'll play with that idea some.

Jade probably learned to read and write a little bit, like her numbers and important words related to supplies, maybe some place names so she could follow signs if need be, that sort of thimg; things it makes sense to learn when one lives in a frontier town
Shock

Post by Shock »

Arkrite wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:14 pm
Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:38 pm Is this world mostly a literate or illiterate society?
Well the backdrop for your characters can indicate otherwise, but without that I would default to most people being illiterate.

Nobility, merchants and high ranking soldiers would probably be literate.

Most people will know basic math for day to day purchases.
Default for PCs or default for NPCs?

or, you know, everyone?
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Shock wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:58 am Default for PCs or default for NPCs?

or, you know, everyone?

I'm talking about NPCs.

Specifically if you run into a town and decide you need to leave a note, and I hadn't statted out the NPC who found it, I would probably look at his job, social ranking or class to decide.

Of course things can be different in different towns. A former mage's apprentice might have gotten pregnant, gave up being a mage but started a school in a small town for the local children.
Towns/monasteries renowned for their libraries, or being places of learning might push literacy in an attempt to maintain a certain level of elite status (or snobbery)

Some member of religious organizations may be literate depending on their ranking and location. Some might just claim to know how to read their holy scriptures, and are largely winging it with good intentions.

As for the players, or locations the players have in their backstories, that's really up to you guys. I place no restrictions on that.
As a player I usually just assume I am literate in all the languages I speak. Why? Because I'm playing a Big Damn Hero, that's why!
Also I never really thought about it before... but mostly Big Damn Hero. ;~)

For those of you who are wondering how people will know where to find certain things if some people can't read, they will probably have a written sign (if they know how to write) and a symbol to indicate their business.
Hammer and Anvil - Blacksmith
Horseshoe - Farrier
Mug - Alehouse
Bed under a triangle - Inn
So on, so forth.

And remember kids, nothing says Big Damn Hero like literacy!
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:14 pm
Fine, I will "make a character". Geez, you know how I am loathe to do that. ;)
Huh.
I'm bullying and railroading people before a game has even started! ;~)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Off to a fantastic start already GM, I applaud your overacheiving attitude.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

I guess I was trying to determine how lucrative is it to have skills/proficiency in Forgery. If it's not a viable income stream...