For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Shadowbourne

Re: (OOC) Gulf Coast Guardsmen (RCU)

Post by Shadowbourne »

Will post later tonight
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

So kinda thinking of putting all the underwater stuff into a single multipower and creating an array with all the on ground stuff... maybe tie some appearance difference there.. .just not sure what would go into the ground stuff side.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Ken

Post by Ken »

jcjec wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:33 pm
Spectrum wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:25 am Art from our very own Jab!

JC- any of these strike you for Tiburon? I was thinking maybe bottom row, third in?

Descriptions of the characters are on the original webpage.
Yeah, I think that can work. :)

Ken, can you grab it and work it for the website?
In the abstract, sure. On the creative side, I'd like Jab's permission before snagging the design of one of his characters.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Shadowbourne wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:53 pm Will post later tonight
That's okay. It's not like your GMs posted today either.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Heh-heh- permission granted. Feel free to use Great White for whomever.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

I have to say, I'm liking the pace of the game- Posting often enough, but not so much that I'm having to read a huge backlog of stuff or being worried about delaying the game..
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Thanks for the rights Jab. :)

I really like the pace too. It's a great way to tell individual stories. It can kinda hard on the GMs though, telling separate stories rather than being able to group scenes together.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Well, that's part of the reason why it's "GMs" plural. That, and that way Jim could pick up the slack while I was going through my Christmas funk.

I mean, obviously, there's going to be "put the characters together" stories, too. But while doing solo stories, it's easier because I'm telling some, and Jim's telling some, so it works out.

Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

There is wisdom in the insanity indeed.

Anybody else interested in the GCG pub crawl?
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

Well, no promises, but with Ice Princess looking for a way to become "cool", it might make for a good way to introduce her to the team. Let me coordinate with my co-GM and see what we can come up with. :twisted:
Jim C.

I know that into every life a little rain must fall,
but why do we have to live in the flood plains?
DeusPravus

Post by DeusPravus »

jcjec wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:04 pm Well, no promises, but with Ice Princess looking for a way to become "cool", it might make for a good way to introduce her to the team. Let me coordinate with my co-GM and see what we can come up with. :twisted:
There's an advantage for that :lol:
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

So there's Banshee.

Any other gorgeous nonhumans in the RCU? Or any in high profile relationships with humans?
Ken

Post by Ken »

-er- I tend to think of Banshee as human. A human who plays hopscotch with the line between life and death, but essentially still human.

T'zianthra, ambassador for and former-princess of the Koezari Star Empire, AKA the Champion of Justice Prophecy, is an extra-terrestrial hottie.

Annette Breié (who's had several super hero names, most recently la Lyonne Noire) was an attractive woman who was turned into a "catgirl", and obstensibly hit the "hot catgirl" trope. On a practical level, the "YMMV" nature of said trope was in full effect, and she had some relationships fail because the "cat-" part creeped them out more than the "hot" part kept them aroused. She ended up married to her teammate Dragon, who well, is a man turned into a dragon. Annette's player is surprised that people don't respond "aw, cute" when he describes their kids.

There was an infestatio... sorry, a large group of pixies/fairies that migrated to Earth, but while generally more attractive than usual they kept to themselves. And they left recently.

There's Black Widow, an attractive platinum blonde who happens to have four gigantic spider legs, as well as her normal arms and legs. I tend to think of her as creepy, but without the spider legs, she'd be hot.

(to be continued)

Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

One of my favorite scenes from comics is in Swamp Thing. How come the pretty Superman can have a relationship with Lois Lane while the Swamp Thing's love interest is accused of debauched and immoral sexual acts for sleeping with a plant?
Ken

Post by Ken »

Spectrum wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:41 am One of my favorite scenes from comics is in Swamp Thing. How come the pretty Superman can have a relationship with Lois Lane while the Swamp Thing's love interest is accused of debauched and immoral sexual acts for sleeping with a plant?
a) Normally, a plant give consent, and would be considered a sex toy. Kind of like misusing a cucumber or squash.
b) Kryptonians are non-Terran humans. The precise reasons (or lack thereof) vary from era to era. But since Superman and Lois can procreate*, despite the protests of Larry Niven, it implies that Terran humanoid DNA and Kryptonian humanoid DNA are essentially the same.

* - The stories of Lois and Superman/Clark's children have been a staple since the 1960s. Admittedly, it's only recently that their kid is in continuity, but it's been a thing for 50 years in the mythos for 50 years.