(OOC) Gulf Coast Guardsmen (RCU)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
DeusPravus

Re: (OOC) Gulf Coast Guardsmen (RCU) ; winding down submissions

Post by DeusPravus »

Up for Gulf Coast/State Guardsman. Alternatively, based on the sunshine state nickname, maybe the Sun Guard could work.
Jemal

Post by Jemal »

BTW, not sure how up to date your timeline is, but it says the 'Omnisphere incident' was 3 years ago. As that's going to be a part of Phase's background, I'm assuming said timeline. Please inform me if it should be changed.
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

Jemal wrote:BTW, not sure how up to date your timeline is, but it says the 'Omnisphere incident' was 3 years ago. As that's going to be a part of Phase's background, I'm assuming said timeline. Please inform me if it should be changed.
The timeline is a bit out of date, but not by much. Its safe to say 3 to 3 1/2 years ago.
Jim C.

I know that into every life a little rain must fall,
but why do we have to live in the flood plains?
Jemal

Post by Jemal »

Writing background now, but for the record to make sure it's cool with you her origin story is going to be basically that she was affected by the omnisphere probably just before it was officially discovered (Say 4 years ago?). She was caught in a storm in the gulf of mexico and at some point while she was close to the sphere she came into contact with all four 'phases/elements' at the same time (Wind, Water, Stone, and a hopeful stray beam of Sunlight representing the plasma/fire) and the omnisphere's transmutative properties affected her at that moment, though she never knew what happened (Though since she's an intelligent woman she's since figured it out given the area and the transformative powers.)
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

Sounds good to me. I like the fact that so many of you jumped all over the Omnisphere's presence having been in the area and incorporated it into your builds. I have to say, in fact, that you guys have done a better job of embracing it than the players at the time did. :D

A small history factoid for those of you who have incorporated its transformation abilities into your origin: Right before it was uncovered (like an hour or two), there is a strong likelihood that your character lost consciousness until it was removed from the area. Just another event that occurred during the story that would have had an effect. As far as I can tell, this would have effected Phase and Waverunner.
Jim C.

Jemal

Post by Jemal »

Phase has been updated. Left background a bit vague for the recent part b/c I'm not sure how we're supposed to be getting together.. not sure if I missed it during all the back and forth..
are you writing us in, are we supposed to be trying to form a team, are we starting separate and being brought together, etc?

*EDIT: Given what you just said, I'm going to do a minor change and have her having disappeared RIGHT as it was uncovered so her unconsciousness and transformation coincides with that timing*
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

Another sidenote - As this campaign is part of the larger RC Universe which we manage through our website, we will be adding the group and characters there.

1) Please let us know if you have a problem with your character being made available in the public domain.

2) Let us know what name you would prefer to have listed on the copyright information - real name or internet handle. We would prefer to use real names as it provides you with legal credit, but if you would prefer not, we'll understand. And if you would rather PM this information to us, we'll understand.
Jim C.

Jemal

Post by Jemal »

I'd be ok with my real name but it might cause confusion: my RL name is also Jim C. :P
Ken

Post by Ken »

jcjec wrote: I have to say, in fact, that you guys have done a better job of embracing it than the players at the time did. :D
*SNORT*
jcjec wrote:A small history factoid for those of you who have incorporated its transformation abilities into your origin: Right before it was uncovered (like an hour or two), there is a strong likelihood that your character lost consciousness until it was removed from the area. Just another event that occurred during the story that would have had an effect. As far as I can tell, this would have effected Phase and Waverunner.
Not necessarily. It would have depended on how close they came to it.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Waverunner might have an entirely different point of origin too. :)
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

Jemal wrote:I'd be ok with my real name but it might cause confusion: my RL name is also Jim C. :P
LOL. :D Well, if your last name is Caswell, then we may have a problem (or else you're a future version of myself, in which case, we need to talk).
Jim C.

Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

As far as rights go, I'll need to give it some consideration.

Some names are very common, like John Doe. As far as I can tell, my name is extremely rare, even possibly unique, according to the internet. Pretty disconcerting at times.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
jcjec

Re: Unnamed RCU Florida Game, recruiting

Post by jcjec »

MetaShaman wrote:Quirk - Alternate Earths: Citizen Blue, Black, and Pink are from different Earths than Earth K (Blue=Earth-M, Black=Earth-V, Pink=Earth-F). There may be several distinct differences in events and common knowledge which could cause humorous misunderstandings.
Quick Question - What is Citizen Pink's first name?
Jim C.

Ken

Stupid Story Time

Post by Ken »

So, one of the things that happened during the Omnisphere story was that we were using it as an explanation why Turbo's powers are so much more extreme than Fasttrack's even though the heightened metabolism formula was obstensibly the same. The difference being that when Dr. Hogan redid the formula for Rick, he used a starfish that had been in contact with the Omnisphere. Dr. Green's formula used a normal starfish.

Having Omnisphere energies in him, Turbo mysteriously collapsed when he got close to the actual Sphere.

There was another player who was playing a new magic heroine with a specialty in healing. And I was counting on this player to diagnose Turbo's condition, when he was stricken by the Omnisphere, and then fix Turbo - awakening him without actually breaking the connection with the Sphere. What actually happened was that said player wanted to skip the diagnose part, skip straight to the fixing (and show off her healing abilities), and got frustrated when I wouldn't skip over the middle part. This resulted in a shouting match in which the whole point of "first you diagnose, then you heal" was lost.

It created a rift with yet another player (who was also playing a mage), which actually hasn't healed to this day.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jemal

Post by Jemal »

Never skip steps!
step 1 steal underpants...
step 3 profit

what about step 2?

STEP 1 Steal Underpants STEP 3 PROFIT!

But how do you profit? What's step 2?

THERE IS NO STEP 2!!!