Claremont Academy: The Delinquents IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
McGuffin

Re: Claremont Academy: The Delinquents IC

Post by McGuffin »

Noise
HP: 2

Soundproofing? He felt almost insulted. You think you can keep secrets from me here?

If he fine-tuned his Sonic Control, he was sure he could pick up what they were saying, even through the thick glass.
Can I Powerstunt Penetrates Concealment (Aural)
off my Sonic Control to hear through the soundproofing?
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

COCHISE

Not wanting to interrupt his teammate, Cochise kept his distance.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Noise-
Yes, you can stunt that. Roll a Perception ck.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Noise
HP: 2 -> 1
Condition: Fatigued -> Fine

*sigh* Coyotecode's roller is down, can you roll for me? Nick's Perception is +8
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Noise-

Concentrating on setting up a sympathetic vibration in the windows, Nick hears the security officer speaking with someone on his headset. "Sir, wouldn't it be at least prudent to send out faculty to retrieve the wreckage? "

"No sir, I can't say I understand."

"Well, I'd say it does matter."

"I will ask them when they get back."

Taking off the head set, he frowns. "I just don't get it...a month ago we'd be pulling out all the stops here. Calling clean up crews, maybe even calling Daedelus...now? It's like Summers has turned into some high-functioning zombie."

One of the other guys shrugs and says; "It isn't like the others are any better these days. It's frustrating."
Perception Ck. 1d20+8-2 (for distance)= 25
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Noise
HP: 1
Condition: Fine

So the principal was deliberately stonewalling the security grunts, that sounded ominous. Nick tried to hide having eavesdropped at the window as he made his way back to Cassie and the others. "Anything happen at the school or to Summers in the last month? Seemed like a full compliment of security in there but the old man just told them to ignore what they saw on the cameras and sit on their hands."
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Bluebird/Cassie Dugan-

Cassie shrugs at Nick's question. "He's like a million years old! All old people are weird. Who knows why he doesn't want anyone from security out there? Maybe he wants to take a look at it himself? Maybe he's saving it for Ms. Harcourt or Wraith or Catalyst our resident tech geniuses?"

She flips her strawberry blonde hair over her shoulder. "As long as Robbie doesn't bother me any more I don't care."

Looking back and forth between the four boys, she shakes her head. "You're all just like Next Gen...just itching to be heroes. I take it the reason you got expelled from your old school or whatever, wasn't because you got tired of playing caped crusader."

"Look we've got one more thing for me to show you and once that's done you can play junior detective all you want."
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Noise
Condition: Annoyed

"Junior detectives? Playing at caped crusaders? Listen, I've had to fend for myself enough instead of relying on so-called heroes or whatever that I have a keen interest in whether the place I'm stuck at has working security or if I'm gonna have to go back to sleeping with one eye open."

Nick shrugged. "As for snooping around? I go where I damn please, they can stuff their rules. My advice? If you wanna avoid heroes, try being less of a damsel in distress. Next time I won't bother interrupting your playdate with your fanboy if this is the thanks I get."
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Menagerie

What Nick said concerned Nathan, when you added it in with what he saw earlier. And that he was getting fired up at Cassie - Nathan had to cut them off and bridge the misunderstanding. "Nick, take a breath, Cassie isn't trying to insult you. Cassie, what he means is that generally, we didn't have the blessing of safe happy homes before coming here. Being at a super-school is one thing - we get that something like what Robbie pulled might happen. It's another to not be able to trust the adults who are supposed to be responsible for you. Whatever issues you have with the Headmaster and heroics, have you ever felt truly afraid or unsafe because of him?"
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Shock

Post by Shock »

Weatherman
HP: 2 LP: 3

"Guys, it's fine." Chris piped in staying out of Cassie's field of vision. He made a 'cut it' gesture to the others and shook his head. "I'm sure they just have two or three other robot attacks to clean up before this one. They'll get it eventually. Let's just finish the tour."
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Noise
Condition: "Fine"

Nick yanked his hood up, stuffing his shaking hands into his pockets. She'd really struck a nerve on him and he knew he'd let slip much more than he meant to.
"Sure, whatever." He turned his back to the rest of them, largely a dramatic gesture given he could form a picture of his surroundings with his sonar.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

COCHISE

"Wow, it must be nice to be so entitled that you can look down your nose at people that had just risked their safety to help you." The Apache teen thinks to himself. Jax keeps his opinion to himself, but realizes that his fists were clenched, and opened them and relaxed. "O.k., let's get this tour over with." He says to no one in particular.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Bluebird/Cassie Dugan-

Cassie nodded at what Nate said, trying to focus on the chorus of voices around her. "Mr. Summers has never made me feel unsafe. He's been a little distracted for awhile...this morning's business about being my step-dad for example. He never makes the same mistake again though, so it's not like he's got alzheimers or anything."

"I wouldn't worry too much about it if I was you. He isn't going to perform experiments on you down in his evil lair or anything. I mean, most of the kids here have had a crappy go of it. I'm luckier than most. My big complaint is a mom that worries too much and a school headmaster that thinks it would be cool if I put on spandex and fought crime. I mean, Chump got abused by his old man on the regular. Gremlin was nearly murdered by a mob when his powers first manifested and still can't go anywhere without drawing a crowd. NGM's grand dad is an ex-convict. Junior's people are being hunted by an organization that thinks all non-human races should be eradicated. Charlene has to stay in a containment suit because her powers are uncontrollable and try to kill anyone exposed to them. Hell, probably the only person in the school who's really got it better than me is Telemachus...and that's because being a prince of Atlantis has perks. If Mr. Summers was a secret villain there's a boatload of kids here he could make vanish and nobody would miss them. Trust me, he's not Dr. Shock in disguise or anything like that."

"I don't know what happened in your previous school or whatever to make you so paranoid, but Claremont isn't like that. You want to be normal here? Well, you can be as normal as your powers allow. You want to be super-heroes? The staff will give you nothing but support. You want to be super-villains? Yeah...that'll probably land you in detention."

"Now, since it's obvious we ain't gonna be amigos or anything, how about we get to the combat simulator and then you'll have seen everything you need a guide for and I'll leave you all to mingle...or not...as you see fit. Sound copacetic?"
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

COCHISE

"Works for me." Jax replies to Cassie.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Noise
Condition: "Fine"

"You were the one who pointed out something seemed weird, not us. The principal's staff seemed to think that, at least. I just basically repeated what I heard them say to each other earlier. But I'm the crazy guy for wanting to find out if something's going on. Lets just check out the training simulator and get this over with."