Claremont Academy: The Delinquents IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
McGuffin

Re: Claremont Academy: The Delinquents IC

Post by McGuffin »

Noise
HP: 2

The newcomers ended the fight abruptly, leaving Nick with nothing to vent the adrenalin coursing through him on. He eyed them, noting how he saw them fight for later consideration.

"You okay Cassie?"

His Sonic Shield was still noticeably active, humming it's background sound as it vibrated around him.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Bluebird/Cassie Dugan

Cassie looked at Nick and struggled for a moment against the snare that still bound her despite all the chess pieces destruction.

"Yeah, you can help me get this crap off me Nick!"
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Noise

Nick blushed visibly, the aggression being flushed out to be replaced by embarrassment. He rubbed the back of his head and dropped his shield as he moved to help Cassie.

"Sorry, let me get you out of that."
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Menagerie
COND: Fatigued

Nathan dropped down to the ground, changing back to human along the way to face the group of newcomers. "Thanks for the assist." The mention of Chump made it sound like the leader was Casanova, but that was no excuse to be ungrateful.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Shock

Post by Shock »

Weatherman
HP: 2 LP: 4->3

Chris casually walked between falling bits of wreckage as the remaining robots were pulverized by Claremont's showoff squad. "Yeah, thanks for cleaning up our leftovers. Saved us a bunch of effort."

"Cass, you know who sent those?"
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Casanova/Sebastian Shields-

When Nathan reassumed human form, the seeming leader of the students stepped forward, extending his hand. "Our pleasure to help. I'm only sorry we couldn't jump in sooner, but none of us has any enhanced forms of locomotion. We had to run across the quad. Anyway, my name is Sebas-"

This was as far as introductions got before Chris piped up shocking everyone into silence.

Chump/Eddie Fell-

Eddie was content to let Sebastian do the talking. Sebastian was better at talking than Eddie, especially in crowds. Now that the fight (such as it was) was over, Eddie was feeling a little self-conscious, then one of the new guys totally dissed them. Not that Eddie cared much for most of the other kids, but the tone of voice used brought back echoes of things his his old man used to say:

What? You think you're special Eddie? You ain't special. You're an embarrassment to your family. You're why your mother took off on us... she couldn't stand the humiliation of being seen with you.

This was worse though. This kid didn't know Eddie. Didn't know anything!

A low growl escaped Eddie's throat as his gaze fixed on Chris. He clenched his fist so tightly his knuckles cracked, his breathing got labored and his muscles swelled enough that his vintage Black Sabbath shirt tore.

Bluebird/Cassie Dugan-

"Cass, do you know who sent those?"

"Sure. Weren't you listening at the beginning? It's..." Cassie looked up at Chris as she and Nick peeled away at the bands of amorpous matter ensnaring her. About then Cassie heard the low, angry growl from Eddie. Glancing over at the behemoth, she saw his focused glare. "Oh f#<k, Chris run!"
I'm gonna let everyone get one more reaction in before we roll initiative again.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Noise

Nick wheeled on the spot to see the big guy coming for Weatherman.

"Okay, cool it man. I know he can be infuriating but he's not worth whatever trouble you'll get for brawling on school grounds. Against non-school attacking people, I mean."

Yep, this wasn't gonna slow the guy down even one bit. Oh well, last fight got cut short anyway.
Persuasion: 1D20+2 = [14]+2 = 16, for what good it'll do. :p
Last edited by McGuffin on Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Weatherman
HP: 2 LP: 4->3

"Huh?"
Chris turned to face the enraging kid in front of him then immediately started backing away. "Whoa dude, chill. I was just kidding with you. No need to tear me up."
Persuasion check: 1d20+4 17
Last edited by Shock on Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Rolls?-
For those who're sincere about not engaging Chump in combat, some Persuasion rolls might be in order. You can edit them into most recent posts or post them separately.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Chump/Eddie Fell-

Eddie pulled up short of striking Chris, but still was obviously incensed. Sticking his clenched fist right under Chris' chin, he growled. "Don't make fun of me! I came here to help Cassie, but I'll smash you if you so much as look at me sideways punk!"

Then with a flex of his legs he launched himself into the air, his mighty leap taking him away from the gathered group.

"Well...that was fun." The pair of twin Asian girls said in unison.

The well dressed young man watched Eddie leave with a slight frown. "As introductions go, that could have gone better. As I was trying to say earlier, Yuna gave us a heads up about your trouble, but nobody among us has enhanced speed or locomotive powers...except Eddie when he gets mad."

At the mention of her name, another young Asian girl steps out of a nearby shadow, appearing as if from nowhere. "Yeah...sorry about that. I had to wait until I could get free and make a call. Even with programmed contacts it takes a minute."
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Noise

Nick followed the arc of Eddie's exit with a thoughtful look, before shrugging and turning to address the apparent leader of the group. "Hey no biggie, the help's appreciated, you really crushed the last of those tincans."

He glanced back again in the direction of the departed Eddie. So far they didn't seem as bad as their rep. "I'd appreciate if you said thank you to him as well, in case you come across him before us. Don't wanna leave the the big man with the impression we're ungrateful." Nick eyed Chris, but the look seemed softer than what he'd shown before. Their group functioned well together and it always reminded Nick to appreciate what he had a little more.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Menagerie

"I agree." Nathan added. He knew Chris ultimately meant well, but his all-knowing shtick and the slightly swollen head of his had a way of consistently putting people on edge. So far the group seemed nicer than made out to be - maybe they were just like his team perhaps? Casanova definitely cleaned up nicely, Nathan noted briefly with appreciation.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

COCHISE

Jax steps forward and extends his right hand. "Thanks, tell the big man that I said thank you as well." turning to his team and Cassie, he asks. "Is everyone o.k?"
Shock

Post by Shock »

Weatherman
HP: 2 LP: 3

"Well thanks for showing up." Chris tried to hide the fact he was a bit shaken. "No snark. Thanks."
Deception check: 1d20+4 13
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

PC's: Cochise, Menagerie, Noise, Weatherman NPC's: Bluebird, Casanova, Gremlin, Mirror-Mirror, Shadow, Storm King, White Witch

Sebastian smiles and nods his head. "No snark...my pleasure. Unlike some of our resident grandstanders, most of us care about what happens at the school and to our fellow students. And don't worry about Eddie...I'll talk to him and get everything straightened out."

The lithe, shorter, green student steps forward. "I'm Willem. Everyone calls me Willie."

"Everybody calls you Gremlin." The Asian twins say in unison. Grinning, displaying his slightly oversized canines, Willie laughs. "Only when we're doing something like this."

Stepping forward before anyone else has chance to send the conversation on another tangent, the black girl dressed all in white introduces herself: "I'm Angel, but when we're doing stuff like this you can call me White Witch."

Right behind her is the young man she worked in concert with: "Adnan Homsi...but for stuff like this...Storm King."

The twins piped up again: "I'm Lucy." "I'm Lilly." "You can call us Mirror-Mirror."

Sebastian nods and says, well that's it for us...who're you?" "That's not it." Angel corrects him. "They should meet Yuna too."

Now Cassie frowns and starts looking around at peoples' shadows. "Of course. That's how you knew we got jumped. Where is she? Where are you, you sneaky bitch?"

Suddenly, a slender Asian girl steps out of Chris's shadow. "Don't have a stroke. I'm right here. I'm Yuna...you can call me Shadow."