Claremont Academy: The Delinquents IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Shock

Re: Claremont Academy: The Delinquents IC

Post by Shock »

Weatherman
HP: 1 LP: 4

Chris rolled his eyes at Nick. "Keep talking like that and you've going to hurt my feelings. I'm a sensitive man."
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Cassie Dugan-

Cassie looks from one of her new schoolmates to the other and shrugs. "Is this why you guys got booted from regular public school? Impromptu Abbot & Costello routines?"

Holding her hand up palm out, she stops them before they can reply. "It doesn't matter. I don't wanna know. Let's just do this, so you can get yourselves settled in the dorms."

With that she leads them outside and starts showing them around the grounds. While classes are in session, the number of students wandering around the grounds make it apparent there are far more super-students here than they originally anticipated.

Cassie shows them the auditorium and gym..."You can see by the size of the gym, that the school prioritizes athletics over artistic performances."

She leads them past the dorms, the gardens, the security building..."We'll be returning here to see the simulator."

They see the athletic fields, the pool, the library …"The third level of the library is off limits to students per Principal Summers' instructions. There are a lot of rumors as to why and there's a betting pool for students who are willing to venture up and discover what's the deal. There's a buy in.I don't know any more than that. Zoe is in charge of the pot."

Suddenly, there's a sound like a jet turbine and from just beyond the security building a strange aircraft can be seen rising into the sky.
Cassie shades her eyes as she looks over. "Welp, so much for introducing you to our dynamic heroes on campus. It looks like Next Gen is off to save the day...or create a public relations disaster. Maybe both."
Any questions for Cassie or things you'd like to explore further before we get to the simulator?
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Menagerie
HP: 1

"Guessing you're not fond of the school's resident heroes?" Nathan asked.
Last edited by EnigmaticOne on Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

COCHISE

"Cassie, how many students are there here?
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Cassie Dugan-

Cassie answers Jax first. "A couple hundred I guess. Most are High Schoolers, because that's when powers manifest most often. There are younger grades here though. Heck, I started school here at 5 and I'd already been flying for two years at that point."

Then she addresses Nathan. "Nate...or do you prefer Nathan? Anyway, I've been on school grounds since my Mom came to work here when I was 3 years old. I started classes...preschool....on this campus when I was 5. I watched the very first Next Gen get formed when they were trying to keep it secret. I watched Captain Thunder's son, Bolt grow up to be Thunderbolt and then his powers got jacked up, so now he's in a containment suit. About half the other members of the first Next Gen are dead or did a heel turn, but that didn't stop NGM, Junior, Silver Eagle and the others from jumping at the chance to be the new Next Gen."

She shakes her head in disgust or amusement, it's hard to tell. "Hell, all they have to do is look at Summers to know what a dumb idea it is to go out fighting evil. He used to be a hero. Now he's a crippled school administrator who needs a cane. I've had a front row seat long enough to realize the only thing dumber than being a super-villain is being a super-hero."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Weatherman

"Some people are more aggressive in their community service." Chris shrugged. "Not for me right now but I get it."

"What's the rules on fraternization?" He held his hands up defensively. "Hey, I'm not suggesting anything but you know it's gonna come up. If I see a girl sneaking into NIck's room, I wanna know if I gotta report it."
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Noise

Nick made a mental note to find Zoe and look into this 3rd floor of the library, seemed like just they're kind of thing.

When the Next Gen's jet took off he could feel the sound rattle his bones. That was unpleasant. He tracked the aircraft with his eyes until he lost sight of it.
"The idiots are just trying to help people. Although they're probably missing all the stuff that isn't the megalomaniac of the week."

He rounded on Chris at the question, shooting the other teen an angry glare. "Why don't you just mind your own damn business, huh?"

His temper subsided somewhat as a thought occurred to him. "But speaking of fraternization, what's the deal with Casanova? Are his powers really the obvious ones or is that just his ego talking?"
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Weatherman

"Dude, chill. It was a joke." Chris backed away from the glare.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

COCHISE

"So, Cassie. Do you still enjoy flying? It seems like that would be a cool power to have."said Jax.
Last edited by Hawk on Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Noise

Nick rolled his eyes and muttered "Whatever", but the tension left his shoulders and his bodylanguage seemed as relaxed as it was likely to get.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Cassie Dugan-

"Peace guys. There's no reason to turn our excursion into a knife fight." She says in response to the sharp exchange between Nick and Chris. She smiles at Jax, and nods; "Flying is pretty cool. It also beats the heck out of taking a cab or the bus."

When Casanova is brought up, she frowns, then shrugs her shoulders. "Sebastian is a spoiled douchebag for sure. His problem is he's handsome, persuasive and smart and comes off like he has his act together, but he's vain and used to getting what he wants. He's managed to gather a little clique that will pretty much do anything he tells them and that's without using his powers. The fact he can control minds doesn't add to anyone's peace of mind, but Mr. Marquez is always ready to shut him down. Mr. Marquez is the school Counselor AND he just happens to possess the ability to suppress super-human powers...except magic ones."

"Anyway, Sebastian is about two centimeters away from becoming a super-villain and Chump will probably be his willing henchman. As for other student fraternization...teen romances happen, but Principal Summers and my mom would lose their minds if a student suddenly showed up as a cast member on 16 and pregnant."

She smirks at Chris. "Why the interest in school policy on getting busy? You feelin' thirsty? A little wham-bam-thank you super ma'am? Who's the lucky girl...or guy?"
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Menagerie

"Speaking of teachers with powers - I'm curious - what does the Headmaster have?" Nathan asked.
Last edited by EnigmaticOne on Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Games
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Cassie Dugan-

"Powers? Mr. Summers hasn't got any powers. He was the Raven...the first one. When he retired, to rebuild and re-open the academy, that lady Raven took over, with Mr. Summers blessing I imagine. Now she's gone and we've got another guy...but Mr. Summers was the original mysterious night's champion. He couldn't reveal that when Mayor Grant was alive, because he had a serious hard on for jailing super-people...even super-people who aren't really super. Now that his daughter is mayor*, he published that memoir and took the school public*"

*This is a deviation from MnM canon where Claremont Academy still hides its' purpose as a school for super powered youths.
* Mayor Callie Summers is Principal Duncan Summers' daughter.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Menagerie

"THE Raven? I remember reading Castle Comic's stories about him when I was a kid. And now he's our principal." Nathan marveled. Internally though, he remembered what he'd seen briefly as they'd left the office, and now Nathan wondered if Ms. Gable might (possibly might) have a point about Duncan Summers.
Last edited by EnigmaticOne on Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Games
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Noise

Cassie's description of 'Sebastian' got Nick's blood boiling and he visibly tensed up as unwelcome memories bubbled up from the depths of his mind. "Sounds like the school's really bringing in the best and brightest with this guy."

He bit back on saying anything further, distracting himself by filling his mental clipboard with everything he was hearing about everyone at the school. A lot of possible targets for their investigation, and they had to pull it all off while being under the watchful eyes of the original Raven.

Nick muttered to himself: "We're all probably looking for someone here." as he thought back to his reason for signing up with Miss Gable's outfit. "Raging teenage hormones plus super powers and all, right? I bet there's some good parties when the faculty's not watching." He added the latter part to hastily throw them off what'd he'd said earlier.