Claremont Academy: The Delinquents IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Shock

Re: Claremont Academy: The Delinquents IC

Post by Shock »

Weatherman
HP: 2 LP: 3

Chris shook his head slowly and muttered to himself. "No, Nick... dig UP."

"Sure let's see the simulator. Though since we already had a work out, I'd rather not give it a spin just now."
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

PC's: Cochise, Dove, Menagerie, Noise, Weatherman NPC's: Bluebird, La Halcon, Leapfrog-

Having come to a tentative truce and with a plan to proceed, Cassie led the group to the side of the security building and using her student identification, activated a hidden door in an alcove before a second door reached the security office proper. This hidden door opened into an elevator leading to several sub-levels. Taking it down to sub-level 4, she ushered them into a lozenge shaped vehicle. Upon entry, she said:

"Combat simulator."

In response the vehicle's magnetic drive activated and within moments they were pulling up to a platform. At the platform, two doors were visible, one obviously an elevator and the other offered entry into a lobby of sorts. Cassie points out the lobby exits as, locker rooms where students can change into costume (if they have one) or the school "gym uniform". A second door leads to the control room, where an individual or the school AI can run combat simulations from and the final door leads to the staging area for the combat simulator itself.

"Since we're not going to run any simulations, let's just look at the control room and I can give a basic idea of how things work."

Once again, using her student ID, she opens the room and ...BAM! A body bounces off the force field reinforced armored glass that allows the control room occupants to watch the combat simulations.

"Yeep!" Cassie jumps back, just as the team can see Maddie Meeks sliding down the glass with a sound like a human squeegee. The tiny girl is grinning from ear to ear, despite having been slammed into the window. In the control seat sits a teen with dark, curly hair.

"Hola Cassie. Come on in. Things are just getting interesting for our two contestants."

Through the window the team sees a winged girl in the room along with Maddie. They seem to be in pitched battle with a T-Rex wearing medieval plate armor and wielding a spiky flail.
Okay the team is all here...though Gillum's character is in the combat simulator (I'll give a flashback for Maddie shortly).
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Noise
HP: 1
Condition: Hanging back

Nick hung back but with a view to the simulator itself to watch what was going on. He knew Maddie, not as well as the others, but enough to know she could handle this.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Weatherman

"Huh."
Chris knew Maddie well enough that he wasn't going to get involved with her combat session. He'd end up a stain on her opponent's foot, at best. "She'll be done in a minute. If she doesn't feel like playing with it too much."
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

COCHISE
HP:2

Being slightly surprised to see Maddie here, Jax moved in order to get a better view of the combat simulator in action. He would be very surprised to see if it even slowed her down. He was hopefull she will give her tag team parter a chance to show what they can do.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Leapfrog/Noah Garcia-

The curly haired teen beckons from his seat at the control panel and says: "Come in, come in. Witness as my mighty Battle Dragon whups on La Halcon and our newest student...well, next to newest now I guess. Just in case you're wondering, the safety protocols are completely engaged and the hard light construct will become more pliable and less damaging if the sensors detect injury to our fighting femmes."

Noah is glib and confident, grinning widely in response to Cassie's skeptical expression.

"Oh, and shut the door behind you. There's limited space and I don't need Zoe or Junior drooling over the new chica while I'm managing her test drive. I'm Noah by the way."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Weatherman

Chris eyed the teen at the controls. "You programmed that?"
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Noise
Condition: Fine

He kicked himself off the backwall to greet Noah and to get a closer look at both the controls and the combat going on in the simulator. "Nice to meet you Noah, I'm Nick. And ditto to what Chris over there said, you programmed this?" He motioned towards Weatherman with his head as he mentioned him by name.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Leapfrog/Noah Garcia-

"Programmed it? Oh yeah...sort of. Daedelus designed the controls to be pretty intuitive. You basically describe what kind of challenge you want and plug in the information on the challengers and the computer does the rest. The constructs are made of hard light...and don't ask me what that means because the physics involved is waaaay over my head."

Looking down on the two students in the room for just a moment to see how they're performing, Noah continues: "Anyway, you can program in a specific scenario or just let the computer pick a challenge from its own data stores that would be suitable for the participants. Because we deal with teen egos, no Kobiyashi Maru type scenarios are permitted."

"So during the week, some of us sign out time to practice in here...especially if public service of the heroic variety is something you aspire to."

His eyes flicker to Cassie momentarily. "Some don't have the interest. All of us have to use the standard gymnasium at some point. Mr. Summers is big on the healthy body, healthy mind philosophy."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Maddy "Dove" Meek
Condition: Normal

It was an unexpected sensation for Maddy to find herself sliding down the forcefield wall but also thrilling for her as well, she had become a bit blaise with been able to bulldozer through anything in front of her that she didn't expect the T-Rex in armour to be any threat, and now she was sliding down the wall.

In fact she couldn't help grinning at the thought of having a challenge which of course was when the boys turned up with her looking like a demented clown or bug caught by the cars window wipers. Grinning a little wider Maddy raised a hand in a wave "Hi" before noticing that the boys had already found another girl to hang round with.

"Typical"

With a casual push off the wall Maddy hovered in the air looking down at the T-Rex, now it was time to see what that machine could take. Glancing over at the winged girl Maddy indicated that she was going to divebomb the T-Rex.

Not sure if the other girl was going to join in or leave her to it, Maddy flew up higher to gain room then the petite girl turned and flew down fast towards the T-Rex intending to slam into it at full speed.
OOC wrote: Dove Slam Attack: 1d20+7-2 14
Hmm probably not good enough use an HP

Dove Slam Attack: 1d20+7-2 18

If it hits I think it will be DC27 toughness save (not fully sure how to work out the damage for a slam attack but I just really like the visual image of it in my head)
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

COCHISE
HP: 2

Suppressing a slight grin at Maddies predicament, Jax threw a slight wave in her direction. I don't think that this will last longer than she wants it to. He thinks to himself.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

PC: Dove NPC: La Halcon-

Following Maddy's lead, Naomi arcs into a dive, following her blonde companion closely. Unlike Maddy, she doesn't slam straight into the battledragon, but instead veers at the last minute, raking its side with her talons. The Battledragon roars as the super-girls land solid blows. The armored beast drops its flail, stumbles to one side, then tumbles to the ground. After a moment, it flickers and vanishes.
Okay, Maddy adds a +1 to her DC for the charge. Making her Damage DC25. Then La Halcon, joining her for a team attack, does a power attack maneuver and rolls a 19 to hit on her d20 (28 total). This is within her threat range thanks to her "Improved Critical: Talons" Advantage. She uses it to increase her success numbers vs. the Battledragon's defense, raising the damage bonus for team attack to +5 . This raises the Damage DC to 30.

The dragon rolls a save 1d20+8=18. Since the Battledragon uses minion rules...it's out.
BTW, La Halcon translates as The Hawk...so, we had a battle featuring Hawk and Dove :D ...(all apologies to DC comics, it was unintentional).
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Menagerie
HP: 2

Nathan started clapping congratulatory after Maddie mowed down the Battledragon.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Shock

Post by Shock »

Weatherman

"Heh. I knew it would be quick." Chris smirked at the others.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Maddy "Dove" Meek
HP: 0
Condition: Normal

"Yeees!!" was Maddy's yell of excitement at the sight of the Dinoman collapsing then dispersing into motes of light.

Spiraling back up into the air Maddy flashed a smile at the watching teens before high-fiving La Halcon.

Taking a moment to check if there were any other threats Maddy returned to the ground,

"Now that was fun."