Post by Horsenhero »

Stray Cat

PL 8 120pp

Identity: Woodrow "Wood" Perlin
Height: 5' 5"
Weight: 140/180lbs
Eyes: Green
Hair: Black/Gray Tabby

Strength 5 Stamina 5 Agility 5 Dexterity 0 Fighting 5 Intellect 0 Awareness 2 Presence 2

Defenses-
Dodge 9 Parry 9 Fortitude 8 Toughness 5/7* Will 7
* with Defensive Roll

Skills-
Acrobatics 9 (+14), Athletics 6 (+11), Close Combat: Natural Weapons 7 (+12) Deception 3 (+5), Insight 5 (+7), Intimidation 4 (+6), Investigation 7 (+7), Perception 7 (+9), Stealth 6 (+12)

Advantages-
Agile Feint*, Animal Empathy, Contacts, Defensive Roll 2*, Evasion*, Improved Critical (Natural Weapons)* Improved Initiative*, Improved Trip*, Instant Up*, Power Attack*, Uncanny Dodge*
*Werecat form only

Powers-
Werecat Powers- Activation: Move Action -1pp

Cat Fight- Enhanced Advantages 9 (Agile Feint, Defensive Roll 2, Evasion, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Instant Up, Power Attack, Uncanny Dodge)

Claws & Teeth- Strength Based Damage 1, Enhanced Advantage: Improved Critical (19-20)

Feral Physique- Enhanced Agility 3, Enhanced Awareness 2, Enhanced Fighting 3, Enhanced Presence 2, Enhanced Stamina 2, Enhanced Strength 2

Fluffy- Feature 1: Fur (Immunity: Environmental Cold)

Stray Cat Strut- Leaping 2, Movement 3 (Safe Fall, Sure Footed, Trackless), Speed 4 (30mph)

Urban Hunter- Enhanced Skills 30 ( Acrobatics 7, Athletics 4, Close Combat (Natural Weapons) 7, Perception 6, Stealth 6), Senses 4 (Low-Light Vision, Ultra-Hearing, Tracking Scent, Danger Sense)

Offense-
Initiative +9
Close Attack: Claws & Teeth +12 DC21 Crit. 19-20

Cost-
Abilities 20+ Powers 70+ Advantages 2+ Skills 12+ Defenses 16=120

Complications-
Motivation: Responsibility- Wood has a strong feeling of responsibility for the West End neighborhood of Freedom City. He doesn't realize that it stems from his territorial instincts as a werecat.

Secret Identity- Wood's Human form is substantially weaker than his werecat persona. He loses all his werecat enhancements in human form as well as a great number of his skills and advantages.

Enemy: Brotherhood of the Yellow Sign- Stray Cat is mortal enemies with the Brotherhood of the Yellow Sign. He doesn't really know why, but his enmity for the cult runs deep in his blood and he will oppose them regardless of personal risk or cost.

Enemy: Foreshadow- On one of his very first adventures as Stray Cat, Wood found himself in the position to eliminate the threat of Alicia Driogano aka Tarot, permanently. Foreshadow intervened and handed the werecat his first real defeat. Since then Stray Cat has considered his fellow vigilante an enemy and will take any opportunity he discovers Foreshadow in the West End to attempt revenge.

Origin-

Woodrow Perlin, the vigilante known as Stray Cat is not fully human...or at least not descended from humans. 150 years ago his ancestors served the mystic heroes of Freedom City as their familiars. After a long protracted campaign in which they suffered massive losses, the Brotherhood of the Yellow Sign made the decision to eliminate the magical cats. The wizard heroes almost failed to recognize the new gambit in time and the familiars were nearly completely wiped out. In order to save them, a number of them were polymorphed into human form, only able to call upon their feral natures temporarily. While successful in saving the familiars, the sorcerous champions lost some of their greatest allies. Within a generation, the familiars lost, for the most part, the ability to boost their "masters" mystic might. In modern times, most cannot even change shape and consider themselves fully human, living human lives.

Woodrow was like the majority of his kin, unaware of his heritage as a mystic, feline warrior...until the fateful night he stumbled upon acolytes of the Brotherhood of the Yellow Sign abducting some teens in order to sacrifice them. Without realizing what was happening, he leapt upon the lizard men, transforming into a savage creature. He drove off the reptilian villains that night, but since then they have been hunting form him as he does them. That night changed Wood in another way as well. He has become fond of protecting his neighborhood as a "masked vigilante", pitting his feline powers against criminals of all stripes. He is less concerned about the rest of Freedom City. He is unaware it is his predatory territorial instincts which are the root of his feelings. Not that he won't venture out of West End, but he returns to his home turf at the earliest opportunity.

While he hasn't been at the vigilante game long, he's been at it long enough to earn the enmity of the local gangs, the Botherhood of the Yellow Sign and to a lesser extent the Driogano Family. The Driogano's constant foil, the vigilante known as Foreshadow also earned the hatred of the werecat and any meeting between the two is likely to end violently.
Last edited by Horsenhero on Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kenseido

Re: [3e] Welcome to the West End - Recruiting

Post by kenseido »

Dante - PL 8

Strength 2, Stamina 2, Agility 2, Dexterity 4, Fighting 8, Intellect 2, Awareness 2, Presence 2

Advantages
Attractive, Close Attack 2, Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 3, Fascinate (Expertise: Stage Magician), Luck, Ritualist, Skill Mastery: Sleight of Hand

Skills
Athletics 2 (+4), Deception 6 (+8), Expertise (PRE): Stage Magician 6 (+8), Expertise: Arcane Lore 6 (+8), Insight 2 (+4), Investigation 2 (+4), Perception 4 (+6), Persuasion 2 (+4), Sleight of Hand 6 (+10), Stealth 6 (+8), Technology 2 (+4), Vehicles 2 (+6)

Powers
Prestidigitation Array
. . Disguise: Morph 3 (+20 Deception checks to disguise; Broad group)
. . Flare: Cumulative Affliction 8 (1st degree: Impaired, 2nd degree: Disabled, 3rd degree: Unaware, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 18; Cumulative, Increased Range: ranged; Limited: Visual sense)
. . Glamour: Illusion 5 (Affects: Three Sense Types - audio and visual, Area: 30 cft., DC 15)
. . Vanish: Concealment 6 (All Aural Senses, All Visual Senses)

Equipment
Enchanted Knucks [Strength-based Damage 4, DC 21]
Ghost shirt [Protection 4]
Magic Tricks 3
Silver Knife [Strength-based Damage 2, DC 19; Feature (Silver)]

Offense
Initiative +2
Enchanted Knucks: Strength-based Damage 4, +10 (DC 21)
Flare: Cumulative Affliction 8, +4 (DC Fort 18)
Grab, +10 (DC Spec 12)
Silver Knife: Strength-based Damage 2, +10 (DC 19)
Throw, +4 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 17)

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 7, Toughness 8/2, Will 9

Power Points
Abilities 48 + Powers 19 + Advantages 12 + Skills 23 + Defenses 18 = 120

Complications
Enemy: Dante earned the enmity from the Fortier Vampire clan who has many connections with street gangs in Freedom City.
Motivation- Responsibility: Dante feels responsible for West End, especially since his Mom refuses to leave.
Power Loss: Dante can't use his Prestidigitation if he can't move and speak.
Relationship: Dante's mother still lives in West End, Luthor, his former hunter mentor, wants Dante back on the job, and Anita his former girlfriend turned vampire is out to make Dante hers.

Background
Dante grew up in West End but was eager to get out. He enrolled in Freedom City University and moved into a dorm on campus. He paid his way with odd jobs and being a street magician using the skills he learned from his older brother who ran shell games. His sophomore year, he met Anita and the two of them were happy until senior year. They were invited to an exclusive Halloween party at one of the frats. Sadly, they weren't on the guest list, moreso the menu for the sponsoring vampires. Dante, through total luck, made it out but Anita was not so lucky.

Dante swore vengeance on the vampires and before he could get himself killed, he was found by a hunter. Dante teamed up with the hunter and was able to learn some actual magic spells to help them fight the vampires. After four years on his vendetta, Dante found out Luthor knew about the party and didn't warn anyone because he was waiting for bigger fish to arrive. Disgusted, he left Luthor and went back home.

Back in West End, he found his mother had lost her small floral shop and her home, and his brother was dead. Now even more disgusted with himself for ignoring his family while on his personal mission, Dante has decided to make it his project to clean up West End, one thug at a time if necessary.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Responsibility - Quick Stop - I'm not even supposed to be here today!
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

Alright, so I'm at an out-of-state con right now and finding myself busies than expected, so I'm worried that I won't have a proper backstory up by Sunday. The really short and simple version is that Kimiko, when fleeing from bullies one day, stumbled upon a rather large and unusual egg. She took care of it until the creature inside hatched, whom she named Darwin. Darwin was obviously not a normal lizard, quickly growing to huge size over the months and even learning to talk. Two years after hatching, 14-year-old Kimiko tries to teach her "son" Darwin to direct his more violent, animal instincts against criminals and protect West End.

Hopefully that will be enough for me to be considered!
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Pistolero

Bernardo Perez is a high school senior, a decent but not great student, with a secret: he's a mutant with psychic powers. An esper, you might say. He was offered an invitation to the Claremont Academy a few years ago, to help him understand and control his powers, but he turned it down. The way he saw it, he already knew all he needed to about his powers. All taking their offer and going to their fancy school would do is teach a bunch of total strangers to understand and control his powers, and why would he trust them with that? He goes to an ordinary school, close to home, and he likes it just fine, thanks.

He's runs with a neighborhood group who call themselves the Knights. Teenagers and twentysomethings, mostly male but not completely. They talk themselves up like they're the biggest badasses in the city, but they're mostly harmless. More like a neighborhood watch than a gang, honestly, although they'd be terribly hurt if they heard you say that about them. Everyone in the Knights has a nickname they use with each other, and because the Knights all know about Bernardo's "mind bullets," they call him Pistolero.

"Wonder Boy" and "Fingerbang" were also suggested as nicknames. They were declined.

Bernardo's powers are a secret to everyone else. They don't leave behind any physical evidence, so he's managed to keep it that way so far, even when using them to help the Knights out of some scrapes. He's never had to fight an actual supervillain, so far, just members of other, more heavily-armed gangs and the occasional career criminal.

STR 2, STA 5, AGL 2, DEX 1, FGT 5, INT 1, AWE 9, PRE 1 * 52 points

ADVANTAGES:
Languages (Spanish), Power Attack, Uncanny Dodge * 3 points

SKILLS:
Deception 3 (+4), Expertise: Streetwise 7 (+8), Intimidation 7 (+8) Ranged Attack: Mind Bullets 8 (+9), Stealth 5 (+7) * 15 points

POWERS:
Mental Awareness - Senses 2 (Mental Sense, Radius) * 2 points

Mind Bullets - 22 point array * 21 points
Magnum - Ranged Damage 7, Alternate Resistance: Will, Extended Range * 1 point
Pistol Whip - Affliction 11, resisted and overcome by Will, Extra Condition: Dazed and Vulnerable, Stunned and Defenseless, Unconscious. Linked to Unarmed damage * 1 point
Rapid Fire - Ranged Multiattack Damage 5, Accurate, Alternate Resistance: Will * 1 point
Spread Shot - Cone Area Damage 7, Alternate Resistance: Will * 1 point

Psychic Movement - 5 point array * 4 points
Speed 5 * 1 point
Teleport 2, Change Direction * 1 point

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Magnum +9, Ranged Damage 7
Pistol Whip +5, Affliction 11 and Damage 2
Rapid Fire +11, Ranged Multiattack Damage 5
Unarmed +5, Damage 2

DEFENSE:
Dodge 11, Parry 11, Toughness 5, Fortitude 7, Will 9 * 17 points

TOTAL:
Abilities 52 + Advantages 3 + Skills 15 + Powers 33 + Defenses 17 = 120

COMPLICATIONS:

Relationship: Bernardo's parents and his little sister don't know anything about his psychic abilities, although his parents think the Knights are a bad influence on him (his sister thinks they're cool and wants a nickname too). He's very protective of them, especially his sister. As far as he knows he's the only psychically sensitive one in his family.
Responsibility: The Knights think their little corner of the West End is "their turf," and they try to protect it. This frequently gets them into fights with some dangerous people, and when it does, they come to him for help.
Secret: Most people don't know about Bernardo's powers, and he likes it that way. His usual disguise when he wants to use them is just a motorcycle helmet.
Temper: Bernardo has a short fuse. The easiest way to set him off is to say something about his family, but anyone who puts in the effort can provoke him into a fight without too much trouble.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

One more day. Excitement mounts. I've never done a wing-type character before. I'm pretty happy with how Patronus turned out. At first, he was shaping up to be a paragon with wings, but I shifted him away from raw stats and punchiness and ended up giving him the various wing effects because I didn't want to just play another flying brick. He ended up remaining a relatively simple character in build and in how he plays out. He only has one attack using his wings, he can heal, and he can beef his own defenses or defend others.

But that aside, there is some pretty stiff competition. Some really good submissions, some that are also pretty quirky. Come what may, should be interesting to see what the end roster ends up being. Good luck all.
Camus

Post by Camus »

Truly! There's a bunch of cool characters around and interesting hooks and possible interactions and synergies
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
ClassDunce

Post by ClassDunce »

Alright so this is never easy and this was no exception I literally had a major argument with myself in my living room earlier today about this, started drinking and forgot what I had decided on and then had another major argument with myself. This is our cast though. Every character pitched though was awesome and if I have anyone falling to the wayside for one reason or another I will totally be sending out some PM's to you guys.

Pistolero
Stray Cat
The Mad Machinist
Mister Alchemy
Darwin

The IC thread will be up tomorrow so keep an eye out for that. I think that this is going to be great.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Welp, let's see how this works from the other side.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

It was very stiff competition. Fortunately, Patronus' background setup is well suited to joining in at a later date if you need a replacement for a drop-out.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Vengeance!

No, but truly, I wish everyone the best of luck.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

I'll give it my best!
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Oh well, perhaps next time. Enjoy the game.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Have fun storming the castle !
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Have a great one guys!
"Something pithy this way comes."