Claremont Academy: The Delinquents OOC (full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Horsenhero

Claremont Academy: The Delinquents OOC (full)

Post by Horsenhero »

Claremont Academy: The Delinquents is a MnM 3e game. PL8 120PP

This is not a recruiting thread at the present time. This game already has players...sorry.

Premise-

A team of young heroes is chosen to infiltrate Claremont Academy by the U.S. government. Their handlers have information that Claremont Academy has been subverted to nefarious purposes. The problem is the intelligence people don't know how deeply the corruption goes. How many students have been turned? How many faculty? Is Duncan Summers the man he seems to be? Is the Next Gen team in thrall to some unspeakable evil? Obviously no adults can move freely around the school, so it is up to teen heroes to do so.

Unfortunately, the only way to get all their agents into the school without arousing undue suspicion is to serve them up on a silver platter, so to speak. Vivianne Gable, the young heroes' prime contact has a dangerous plan. The group are supposedly members of a government sponsored youth team, but members with a rebellious streak. Enrolled at Claremont to correct their behavioral problems, their job is to root out the source of the corruption, so it can be dealt with...but their cover story almost guarantees they'll be carefully watched.

Piece of cake.

Okay gentlemen...let's see our heroes!
EnigmaticOne

Re: Claremont Academy: The Delinquents OOC (full)

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Menagerie

Birthday: January 14th
Hair: Light Brown
Eyes: Light Blue

Background
Nathan Hill knew his conservative Catholic family wouldn't likely approve of his coming out, but Nathan chose to hope. It was worse. He was thrown out of the house when he refused to go to a 'conversion' camp.

He managed for a few weeks by the hospitality of friends, but was grabbed when walking one night. Nathan's memories were blurred, but he remembered all too well two scientists (one with gorilla arms attached!) drugging him, talking about a process, brainwashing and using him as a test subject for “a stable method to induce meta-morphic abilities.”

What Nathan didn't know was that this was Drs. Victor Reeds and Peter Hanks at work for the Labryinth, and what they didn't know was that the old wild card, Preserver genetic modification would trigger the development of psychic defenses that rendered Nathan immune to the brainwashing.

As a result, when Nathan figured enough out, his breakout left the lab a shambles. He was picked up by AEGIS, and later convinced to join the undercover op in Claremont Academy so that he could prevent what happened to him to happen to others.

Complications
Motivation – Justice: Menagerie wants to prevent what happened to him from happening to others – and to punish those who would make these things happen.
Prejudice: Nathan has experienced the bite of homophobia for being gay, starting with his family.
Identity: Nathan Hill.
Enemy: The Labyrinth wants back their escaped test subject.

Abilities
STR 2, STA 2, AGL 2, DEX 2, FGT 2, INT 0, AWE 2, PRE 2

Defenses
Dodge 6, Fortitude 8, Parry 6, Toughness 2, Will 8

Skills
Athletics 4 (+6), Insight 4 (+6), Perception 4 (+6), Stealth 4 (+6)

Advantages
Close Attack 4, Improved Initiative, Uncanny Dodge

Powers
Shapeshifter: Variable 6 (Move Action +1)
Flexible Mind: Immunity 10 (Mental Effects)

Combat
Initiative +6
Melee +6 (or more)

[Abilities 28 + Defenses 20 + Skills 8 + Advantages 6 + Powers 58 = 120]
LIZARDMAN
  • Scaly Hide: Protection 6
  • Inhuman Reflexes & Brute Strength: Enhanced Agility 2; Enhanced Fighting 2; Enhanced Strength 6
  • Speedy: Speed 2 (8 MPH)
  • Regrowth: Regeneration 2 (1 per 5 rounds)
Dodge/Parry 8, Strength 8, Unarmed +8, Toughness +8
BIRD OF PREY
  • Avian: Enhanced Advantages 5 (Defensive Roll 4, Favored Environment: Airborne); Enhanced Defenses 8 (Dodge 4, Parry 4); Enhanced Skills 4 (Close Combat: Talons)
  • Talons: Strength-based Damage 4 (Improved Critical)
  • Flight: Flight 6 (Subtle, Wings) [120 MPH]
  • Keen Eyesight: Senses 3 (Extended, Low Light & Rapid Vision)
Dodge/Parry 10, Talons +10 - Damage 6, Toughness +6
Last edited by EnigmaticOne on Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:11 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

COCHISE

NAME: Jakson Tarak Medlocke
HEIGHT: 5' 10"
WEIGHT: 200 lbs.
HAIR: Black
EYES: Brown
BUILD: Muscular
NATIONALITY: Apache/ U.S. citizen
PL: 8 (120)

STREGNTH: 8
STAMINA: 8
AGILITY: 3
FIGHTING: 8
DEXTERITY: 0
INTELLIGENCE: 0
AWARENESS: 0
PRESENCE: 0

SKILLS
Acrobatics 3 (+6)
Athletics 4 (+12)
Deception 2 (+2)
Expertise (Apache) 7 (+7)
Insight 3 (+3)
Intimidation 8 (+8)
Perception 8 (+8)
Stealth 3 (+6)
Technology 6 (+6)

ADVANTAGES
All Out Attack
Benefit - Ambidextrous
Choke hold
Die Hard
Edetic Memory
Fast Grab
Fearless
Great Endurance
Improved Critical (unarmed)
Improved initiative
Improved Hold
Improved Trip
Power Attack
Ranged Attack 5
Startle

POWERS
"Superhuman Physiology"
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]
Leaping 2 (30 ft.) [2]
Senses 4 (Extended vision, hearing, scent, and tracking)
Regeneration (5)

OFFENSE
Unarmed +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +7

DEFENSE
DODGE: +8(DC18)
PARRY: +8 (DC 18)
TOUGHNESS: +8
FORTITUDE: +9
WILL: +6

TOTALS:
ABILITIES: 54
SKILLS: 22 (44)
ADVANTAGES: 19
POWERS: 13
DEFENSES: 12

MOTIVATION:
Doing Good. Jax thinks that he should use his gifts to help others.

COMPLICATIONS:
Secret I.D.: Jakson is protective of who he is outside of his costume identity.
Responsibility: Jakson wants to be a good example to the Native Americans.
Jakson hates bullies. Having dealt with the problem himself, he is unlikely to allow someone else to be treated that way.

ORIGIN:
Jakson Medlocke' s life changed forever at the age of 12 when an automobile accident took his family from him. He was the only survivor. It is because of the early onset of his mutant powers that he lived, though there were those times that he wished that he had not. As he had no living relatives to take him, Goverment Social Services placed him in a group home. It was difficult for him, as he was bullied because of his Apache heritage.
His frustration with the harassment grew until he responded with an impressive show of strength ended the bullying. This put him on the radar of the Government agency that recruited him.

Attachments
Helix.jpg
Helix.jpg (4.74 KiB) Viewed 1859 times
Last edited by Hawk on Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:30 am, edited 13 times in total.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Nick Holt, Aka. Noise
Birthday: November 19th
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Build: Wiry

Abilities: Str 1|Sta 2|Agl 4|Dex 3|Fgt 3|Int 0| Awe 2| Pre 2

Advantages: All-out Attack, Close Attack 4, Daze (Intimidation), Equipment 1 Power Attack, Startle

Equipment (2/5 ep):
Blackjack: Close Damage 2, bludgeoning [2ep]

Skills: Expertise: Criminal 4 (+4), Insight 6 (+8), Intimidation 7 (+9), Perception 6 (+8), Ranged Combat: Sonic Control 3 (+6), Sleight of Hand 6 (+9), Stealth 6 (+10)

Powers:
Sonic Control Array (24 points + 3 Alternate Effects)
  • Vertigo: Close Burst Progressive Affliction 8 (Resisted and Overcome by Will; Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated), Hearing-Dependent [24]
  • Sonic Blast: Ranged Damage 10 [1]
  • Sonic Projection: Illusion (Aural) 8 [1]
  • Silence: Burst Area Concealment Attack 2 [1]
Sonic Immunity: Immunity 5 (Sonic damage) [5]

Ultrasonic Hearing: Senses 1 (Ultra-Hearing) [1]

Sonar: Senses (Accurate Hearing) [2]

Sonic Shield: Protection, Sustained 6 [6]

Defenses: 4+4=8 Dodge|1+3=4 Parry|6+2=8 Fort| 0+2+6=8 Toughness|6+2=8 Will

Offense:
Initiative +4
Blackjack, Close +7, DC 18 Toughness
Sonic Blast, Ranged +6, DC 25 Toughness

Abilities 34 + Skills 19 + Advantages 9 + Powers 41 + Defenses 17 = 120

Complications: Relationship (Brother and Sister)
Motivation (Survivor’s Guilt) - Nick ran to save himself and couldn't get his siblings out of there. Now he's driven to find them, as well as to not fail anyone else like he failed them.
Temper (Abuse of Authority)

Nick Holt grew up in an abusive household with an alcoholic father. One day seeing his chance, he ran for it, although he felt guilty leaving his brother and sister behind. He lived on the streets for a while, discovering his metahuman powers as he shoplifted and committed other petty crimes to get by. After some time he gathered the courage to head back to try and get his siblings out. Sadly it turned out he was too late, with his father dead, the police leading his mother away and his siblings being taken to CPS. Nick fled again, due to his previous troubles with the law. It was after this he was approached by AEGIS with the deal of him infiltrating Claremont Academy in exchange for getting his record cleared and getting information on what happened with his brother and sister.

Short black hair and intense brown eyes peek out from under the hood of a dirty grey hoodie. Nick usually tries to fade into the background, trying to play it off as laziness but actually watching his surroundings for danger. One thing that's sure to set him off is abuse of positions of power.
Last edited by McGuffin on Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:28 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

All the builds look good so far. Shock won't have his up until sometime during the weekend, so take your time to finish up. When the last build is far enough along that it's almost play ready, I'll start the IC thread.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Unlike other kids, Christopher Wayne recruited himself into the government program for powered teens. He saw himself working for them out of a certain building and just showed up to volunteer. After a short interview, he was acccepted into the organization.

Chris grew up having dreams that he knew were different. Stuff he dreamed about tended to happen. His parents just assumed he was a kid with an active imagination whenever he said "I dreamed this was going to happen." As a joke, his parents started calling him the Weatherman due to his accuracy at predicting the weather. To his credit, he rarely used the power for personal gain. But it has imbued him with a good degree of confidence, bordering on arrogance, given that he frequently knows what's about to happen. And he tends to minimize those times when his visions don't work to his advantage.

Chris is a tall, slim boy of 15. He has blue-green eyes and short blond hair cut with a barely noticeable mohawk.

Christopher Wayne - 115 points - PL 8

Abilities - 26 points
Str - 1 - 2 points
Sta - 2 - 4 points
Agi - 2 - 4 points
Dex - 2 - 4 points
Fig - 2 - 4 points
Int - 1 - 2 points
Awr - 3 - 6 points
Pre - 0 - 0 points

Defenses - 15 points
Fortitude +6 (+2 Sta +4 bought)
Will +10 (+3 Awr +7 bought)
Toughness +6 (+2 Sta +4 Defensive roll)
Parry +10 (+2 Fig +3 bought +5 Enhanced)
Dodge +10 (+4 Agi +1 bought +5 Enhanced)

Powers - 38 points
Visions - 38 points
-Senses 5 (Precognition(Uncontrolled), Danger Sense(Precognition))
-Enhanced Dodge 5
-Enhanced Parry 5
-Luck Control 1 (Can Spend for another, Subtle)
-Enhanced Advantages 19 (Luck 4, Defensive Roll 4, Improved Initiative 3, Evasion,
Second Chance(Dodge saves), Uncanny Dodge, Inspire 5)

Skills - 28 points
Athletics 6(7)
Close Combat(Unarmed) 6(10)
Deception 4(4)
Expertise(Current Events) 4(5)
Expertise(Weather) 2(3)
Insight 6(9)
Perception 8(11)
Persuasion 4(4)
Sleight of Hand 8(10)
Stealth 8(10)

Advantages - 8 points
Close Attack 2
Improved Defense
Improved Disarm
Improved Trip
Redirect
Teamwork
Well-Informed

Combat
Unarmed - Attack +10 Damage +1 or by weapon
Initiative +14

Complications
Ego - Chris is loathe to share predictions that make him look bad or to admit that a prediction is wrong.
Paranoid - Chris has had visions of his death with Vivianne Gable close by and it's been unclear whether she's trying to help him or hurt him at the time. This has made him a little edgy when she's around
Last edited by Shock on Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shock

Post by Shock »

A few things.

Yes, he really does go by Weatherman as a codename.
He's 5 points short. I'm not sure what to do with that. Open to suggestions.
In combat, he's a total support character, which I'm aware might be an issue with only 4 PCs. If anyone thinks that's going to be a big problem, I'll rework him with some martial arts stuff. As is, he's going to use Teamwork, Inspire and Luck Control to maximize what his teammates are doing.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

I just realized. Does Jackson really want to have the same codename as an omnicidal villain who's best known for killing the Centurion?

Shock: I think this could work, maybe he has some additional martial arts training over time to work with his precognition? I mean, he's basically Foreshadow Junior.
Games
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

EnigmaticOne wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:48 am I just realized. Does Jackson really want to have the same codename as an omnicidal villain who's best known for killing the Centurion?

Shock: I think this could work, maybe he has some additional martial arts training over time to work with his precognition? I mean, he's basically Foreshadow Junior.
When I named him I didn't know about the villain. I will try to think of something else.
Of course, with our team being rebellious as our cover story, it may work.
Everyone's thoughts, including our GM's are appreciated.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

I like the characters presented a great deal. I'm a touch worried Weatherman might not prove particularly fun in combat situations, but if Shock wants to give it a try...I have faith in his judgement. Besides he can always invest those 5 saved points in something if he needs to hit things a little better.

Now...just a little brainwave to consider...instead of doing him up as a precog with a little martial arts talent, have his precognitive abilities tie into some time manipulation powers. There are some nifty things that could be accomplished with afflictions that could make him more combat capable without making him inherently violent.

Not that there's anything wrong with a precog martial artist. It's a classic for a reason.

I'm anxious to get going, so while I mentioned I might PM some people to see if I could find one or two other players, I'm good with starting out with just four, so I'll try to get the IC thread up soon.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Hawk wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:29 am
EnigmaticOne wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:48 am I just realized. Does Jackson really want to have the same codename as an omnicidal villain who's best known for killing the Centurion?

When I named him I didn't know about the villain. I will try to think of something else.
There's rebellious, and then there's that. It's like giving yourself the codename Hitler or Dahmer. My opinion: it Does Not Work.
Games
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

EnigmaticOne wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:27 pm
Hawk wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:29 am

There's rebellious, and then there's that. It's like giving yourself the codename Hitler or Dahmer. My opinion: it Does Not Work.
Thanks for your opinion. I don't want to create disharmony in our group. Since your feelings are so strong, I will try to go with something else.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Hawk, it's probably a good idea to change the codename, but don't worry about it, it's not a big deal to know the setting in and out. I built an air elemental for an older game and had a hard time finding a storm or similar related codename that wasn't used by some character or another before.

Maybe something to do with your character's Native American heritage as a way to throw it back in the face of his bullies? Or maybe if that's a sore spot for him, something to suggest his strength and resilience? He is quite the powerhouse.

Noise is done and I'm happy to get started, also anyone feel free to comment if something stands out on him.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

McGuffin wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:42 pm Hawk, it's probably a good idea to change the codename, but don't worry about it, it's not a big deal to know the setting in and out. I built an air elemental for an older game and had a hard time finding a storm or similar related codename that wasn't used by some character or another before.

Maybe something to do with your character's Native American heritage as a way to throw it back in the face of his bullies? Or maybe if that's a sore spot for him, something to suggest his strength and resilience? He is quite the powerhouse.

Noise is done and I'm happy to get started, also anyone feel free to comment if something stands out on him.
What McGuffin said, it's just that the villain in question is so nastily notorious. And likewise, feel free to comment on Capricorn - and egg me on whatever egregious errors I have made.
Games
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

I took a look through the characters, everyone looked good to me and the math was as correct as far as my tired brain could tell.

Shock, just a suggestion for Weatherman if you're wanting to spend your last 5 points now, maybe give him some equipment for a little more close combat oomph. Not necessary of course, but something to consider.

I spent my last points to give Noise something he can conceal with his Sleight of Hand, then Silence a room to sneak up on someone and bonk them. Bludgeoning instead of piercing weapon because he's learned not to escalate the situation if he doesn't have to. Then of course he'll really kick things up a notch.