Claremont Academy: The Delinquents OOC (full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Horsenhero

Re: Claremont Academy: The Delinquents OOC (full)

Post by Horsenhero »

Gilliam wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:48 pm It has happen to me as well especially on the RA board so I have now gotten in the habit of selecting everything I have just written, CTR C and if the post bombs out for some reason I can then paste my post in notepad etc and try again.
Gilliam! Nice of you to drop by!
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Horsenhero wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:52 pm
Gilliam wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:48 pm It has happen to me as well especially on the RA board so I have now gotten in the habit of selecting everything I have just written, CTR C and if the post bombs out for some reason I can then paste my post in notepad etc and try again.
Hey HH, yep still lurking about :)
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Heh, yeah, pretty much what I do if I'm posting something more involved, especially on the phone since writing there tends to take longer.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Gilliam wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:17 am
Horsenhero wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:52 pm
Hey HH, yep still lurking about :)
You know, if you're interested I still have one available slot in this game. If not that's cool...but I figured I'd offer since NVAE seems to be on hiatus.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Thanks for the offer I will let you know. Are there any niches not filled at the moment?
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Gilliam wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:07 pm Thanks for the offer I will let you know. Are there any niches not filled at the moment?
Oh yeah...lots. With only 4 PC's there are a bunch of untouched character types. Menagerie is a shapeshifter. Noise is an energy controller (sonic). Cochise is a warrior and Weatherman kind of defies the archetype system since he's got no real combat offense.

Using the standard archetypes suitable for this setting that means there are no:
Battlesuits (though you'd have to come up with a reason this archetype would end up at a school for super-powered youths)
Constructs
Gadgeteers
Mimics
Mystics
Paragon
Powerhouse
Psychics or
Speedsters.

From the Hero High sourcebook (if you have it):
Alien Exile
Child of Darkness
Heir/ Protege' (both are sidekicks of retired or active heroes gone solo or sidekicks of villains looking to redeem themselves)
Tekhead (very similar to the Battlesuit)
Vessel

So lots and lots of untouched archetypes and of course, since the Warrior and Energy Controller archetypes are so broad in scope they can be repeated as long as there's significant differences between any new ones and established ones.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

I'm thinking of maybe a Paragon/Powerhouse trying to redeem themselves after being led astray by their "Uncle".
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Gilliam wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:21 am I'm thinking of maybe a Paragon/Powerhouse trying to redeem themselves after being led astray by their "Uncle".
That's a workable concept!
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Happy Birthday McGuffin!
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Horsenhero wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:53 pm Happy Birthday McGuffin!
Thanks! :D
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

Happy Birthday McGuffin. I hope it is a great one.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Here is the first cut for Dove.

Dove
PL8

Ages: 15
Height: 5'
Weight: 100 lbs
Eyes: Hazel
Hair: Blonde (natural Brunette)

Abilities
Strength 9, Stamina 10, Agility 2, Dexterity 1, Fighting 4, Intellect 1, Awareness 2, Presence 1

Powers
More than Human:
Flight 5 (900' per round / 60 miles per hour), Super Strength: Power-Lifting 2 (lift 50 tons), Impervious Toughness 10, Immunity 10 [Life Support]
(32 points)

Advantages
All-out Attack, Diehard, Improved Initiative 1, Improved Smash, Interpose, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Taunt

Skills
Athletics (+9), Close Combat: Unarmed 3 (+7), Deception 7 (+8), Expertise: Pop Culture 3 (+4), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation (+1), Perception 4 (+6), Persuasion (+1), Stealth (+2)

Offense
Initiative +6
Unarmed +7, Damage 9,

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 6, Toughness 10 (Def Roll 0), Fortitude 10, Will 6

Power Points
Abilities 60 + Powers 32 + Advantages 8 + Skills 10 + Defenses 10 = Total 120

Complications
Relationship Parents and Uncle: Her parents vanished either willingly or something happen to them when she was 10 years old and even though her Uncle abandoned her, she is still torn between bashing his brains out and trying to seek his approval.
Identity: Maddy is very secretive about her past and is looking for a fresh start.
Shady Past" Maddy was known as the pint size villain Legbreaker and even though she has grown her hair out and changed its colour she could be recognised or old acquaintances of her Uncle could come calling.

Background
Growing up Maddy had a normal childhood her parents loved each other and her and apart from irregular business trips were always there for her and usually when they were away Uncle Jimmy would look after her. Maddy loved Uncle Jimmy as he always had the latest toys before they were even in the stores and he would teach her card tricks and how to perform the shell game even though her Dad didn't approve.

Just before her 10th birthday her parents disappeared, Uncle Jimmy was nowhere to be found and Maddy found herself placed in the State system, small for her age her toys and nice clothes quickly vanished taken or broken by bigger kids and Maddy became sullen and withdrawn as she was bounced round various institutions and homes until the night Uncle Jimmy found her.

Uncle Jimmy was always on the move and they never spent more than a couple of nights at the same place with no explanations until Maddy had a paddy ripping the door off the fridge throwing it across the room. Uncle Jimmy didn't seem surprised just saying that Maddy did take after her Mother and after working out the extent of her powers Maddy tagged along with Uncle Jimmy on his criminal activities. Robbing the top floor of an apartment no problem if your niece could fly you up there, safe doors so easy to rip them off and then after a year or so Uncle Jimmy moved into the collection and protection rackets with his pint size associate "Legbreaker" providing the muscle. According to Uncle Jimmy the people she threaten and hurt were bad people, bullies and deserved it.

Eventually their activities caught the attention of a local superhuman team who tracked them down and cornered them. During the teams surprise at discovering the infamous Legbreaker was a small girl barely 5 foot tall, Uncle Jimmy fled telling Maddy to guard his retreat and while the superhuman team were reluctant to fight Maddy they quickly restrained her especially when Maddy realised Uncle Jimmy wasn't coming back.

Once more in the system Maddy was offered a deal by Vivianne Gable, investigate Claremont Academy and have her record cleared or else.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

I like Maddy. She's another physical brawler, but she's different enough from Cochise in some critical ways that keep each unique within the team.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Hawk wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:00 pm Happy Birthday McGuffin. I hope it is a great one.
Thanks Hawk, it was good times. :)

As for Maddie, I like the feel I get from the character.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

McGuffin wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:56 pm
Hawk wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:00 pm Happy Birthday McGuffin. I hope it is a great one.
Thanks Hawk, it was good times. :)

As for Maddie, I like the feel I get from the character.
Glad you had a good time.

I like Maddie as well, for some reason, I'm getting a Hit-Girl vibe from her. 8-)