Claremont Academy: The Delinquents OOC (full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
McGuffin

Re: Claremont Academy: The Delinquents OOC (full)

Post by McGuffin »

Ready.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Ready three
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Excellent! We shall proceed then!
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Please note that Nathan will tell the other PCs in private about what he saw when they left the Headmaster:
Horsenhero wrote:As you all go to leave and Principal Summers turns away, for a moment it seems his shadow does not follow his movements, but remains oriented toward the students. In a blink everything is normal again.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Horsenhero wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:12 pm Settling in 2-
Despite Maddy's failure to turn up anything, everyone (including Maddy) is welcome to post about what you're doing for those first couple days at the Academy. If you want a list of prominent students or staff to plan interactions with, I can certainly give you names and a quick snippet about them.
I will be interested in some bios.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

Gilliam wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:33 pm
Horsenhero wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:12 pm Settling in 2-
Despite Maddy's failure to turn up anything, everyone (including Maddy) is welcome to post about what you're doing for those first couple days at the Academy. If you want a list of prominent students or staff to plan interactions with, I can certainly give you names and a quick snippet about them.
I will be interested in some bios.
As would I. :)
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Gah! Stupid timeout ate my bios! I'll try again after some sleep.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Timeout x2. Sometimes I hate this board.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Well that sucks. I can imagine the frustration.

For any post longer than a handful of lines, I suggest writing it up first in Notepad or something so you don't get boned like that
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Okay, I'm going to try this without the members of Next-Gen...though I'll post them later if need be.

Notable Students-

Bluebird/ Cassie Dugan- Flight powers. Blonde haired. Cynical about super-heroics, but friendly on most other topics. Embarrassed her mom is the Vice Principal.
Casanova/ Sebastian Shields- Mind Controller. Suave, but vindictive. Sebastian is not above using his powers to get what he wants. He is selfish and vain, but feels a sort of "noblesse oblige" for his fellow students, as he is "king of the school" and they are his "subjects".
Chump/ Eddie Fells- Powerhouse. Eddie is one of the physically most powerful students at the school, but a childhood of abuse has made him insecure and thus he often plays the bully to bolster his self-esteem. Eddie is the "muscle" to Sebastian's "brains" in their clique.
Gremlin/ Willem Lundergard- Super-Agility, prehensile tail, tech-antipathy. Willem is a friendly enough student, but his inhuman looks make him the target for teasing and sometimes fear. He is guarded as a result.
Jargon/ Donny Pasternak- Super-Genius. Autistic. Withdrawn.
La Halcon/ Isabella Naomi Garcia- Human-Avian Hybrid. Naomi has swagger. She is fearless and anxious to use her powers at any opportunity.
Leapfrog/ Noah Garcia- Teleporter. Unrelated to Naomi. Noah is a boisterous, friendly young man who has applied himself diligently at school. As it stands, despite the fact he's not extremely tech savvy, he does know the school training tech operations better than most.
Mirror-Mirror/ Lillianne & Lucille Yamaguchi- Power Mimics. Lucille and Lillianne are friendly, perhaps even a little predatory when it comes to associating with their classmates. The more powerful the student, the more the twins are attracted to them. Many students find them a little creepy.
Morgana/ Zoe Robinson- Illusionist. Zoe has few friends at the school, despite her good looks and sharp intellect. She is the school's only "out" lesbian and that often isolates her as people are as uncertain how to behave around her as they are Willem. She has become sarcastic and a little bitter as a result.
Shadow/ Yuna Tanaka- Shadow form. Yuna is a sneaky, devious girl. She is Sebastian's "eyes and ears" in the school, ferreting out secrets her clique can use as leverage on other students and faculty.
Storm King/ Adnan Homsi- Weather Controller. A refugee from the occupied Palestinian territories, Adnan is competent with his powers, but uses them sparingly. In his free time, he is an advocate for a free Palestinian state. He is the target of occasional racism and religious bigotry. He has cultivated a patient, forgiving personality.
Toxin/ Charlene Hart- Poisonous Aura. Possibly the most tragic student currently attending Claremont, Charlene must spend all her time outside her room in a containment suit, since her very presence is toxic. Charlene is withdrawn and sad almost all the time. She suffers from clinical depression due to her isolation. The staff tries hard to keep her spirits up, but they keep a close eye on her just in case her depression plummets even deeper.
Triton/ Telemachus- Atlantean Physiology. Sonic Powers. Prince Telemachus is the younger brother of Freedom League member Neriad and is expected to follow in his older sister's (and mother's) footsteps. Telemachus wants to be a rockstar and has little interest in fighting crime. He is enthusiastic about music, but not so much about his other studies.
White Witch/ Angel Davis- Sorceress. Medium. A natural wielder of magic, Angel is determined to "do the right thing" and is training herslef to be the best mage she can be. She is friendly, but often seems distracted and occasionally carries on conversations with spirits no one else can perceive.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Once again, you've got a great variety of students
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

I like the idea of Mirror Mirror and I wasn't expecting Cassie to have powers

Nicely done :)
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

Is this information that all of the team knows about our classmates, or is it just the players?
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Hawk wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:57 pm Is this information that all of the team knows about our classmates, or is it just the players?
Well, as the set post says, this after a couple days. These are the impressions you've all gathered about these notable students at the academy. It comes from various sources, gossip, observation, interaction, etc. Is it 100% accurate? Probably not, but it is a pretty close approximation of the public image of these students plus the "open secrets" relating to some.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Chris is likely to spend some time with Storm King, both because he'll find the codename similarity amusing and because "patient and forgiving" is sort of required for tolerating Chris

Do you have similar information for the teachers we've encountered?