Claremont Academy: The Delinquents OOC (full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Hawk

Re: Claremont Academy: The Delinquents OOC (full)

Post by Hawk »

If it is o.k. with the group, I will go with Cochise. It holds a double meaning, as he was both a Great Apache Chief, and in the Apache language it means "oak" which can stand for tall and strong.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Horsenhero wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:21 pm I like the characters presented a great deal. I'm a touch worried Weatherman might not prove particularly fun in combat situations, but if Shock wants to give it a try...I have faith in his judgement. Besides he can always invest those 5 saved points in something if he needs to hit things a little better.

Now...just a little brainwave to consider...instead of doing him up as a precog with a little martial arts talent, have his precognitive abilities tie into some time manipulation powers. There are some nifty things that could be accomplished with afflictions that could make him more combat capable without making him inherently violent.

Not that there's anything wrong with a precog martial artist. It's a classic for a reason.

I'm anxious to get going, so while I mentioned I might PM some people to see if I could find one or two other players, I'm good with starting out with just four, so I'll try to get the IC thread up soon.
I'm all for getting started. I'm actually looking forward to a bit of a challenge being creative with Teamwork. Time Manipulation is an interesting idea. That might be something that Weatherman grows into. I'm not against him being violent, I just don't see him having the training needed to be much of a fighter at 15 years old.

Different build related question: how would you feel about a Variable power limited to providing mundane equipment? Sort of a "I knew we'd need this" power. My initial thought it is sounds more cool than useful considering it would be at 5-6 points for 1 rank.
Also, what do you think about using a different skill for Well-Informed considering it's based on visions rather than a network of informants? What would make the most sense?
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

Shock wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:14 pm
Horsenhero wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:21 pm I like the characters presented a great deal. I'm a touch worried Weatherman might not prove particularly fun in combat situations, but if Shock wants to give it a try...I have faith in his judgement. Besides he can always invest those 5 saved points in something if he needs to hit things a little better.

Now...just a little brainwave to consider...instead of doing him up as a precog with a little martial arts talent, have his precognitive abilities tie into some time manipulation powers. There are some nifty things that could be accomplished with afflictions that could make him more combat capable without making him inherently violent.

Not that there's anything wrong with a precog martial artist. It's a classic for a reason.

I'm anxious to get going, so while I mentioned I might PM some people to see if I could find one or two other players, I'm good with starting out with just four, so I'll try to get the IC thread up soon.
I'm all for getting started. I'm actually looking forward to a bit of a challenge being creative with Teamwork. Time Manipulation is an interesting idea. That might be something that Weatherman grows into. I'm not against him being violent, I just don't see him having the training needed to be much of a fighter at 15 years old.

Different build related question: how would you feel about a Variable power limited to providing mundane equipment? Sort of a "I knew we'd need this" power. My initial thought it is sounds more cool than useful considering it would be at 5-6 points for 1 rank.
Also, what do you think about using a different skill for Well-Informed considering it's based on visions rather than a network of informants? What would make the most sense?
It is possible for him to be an accomplished fighter at 15, but from what you have written about him, he seems to be someone who prefers to out-think his opponents. Not that his own ego couldn't push him to improve his hand to hand capabilities.
I am interested in seeing how our characters grow.
Last edited by Hawk on Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Hawk wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:09 pm If it is o.k. with the group, I will go with Cochise. It holds a double meaning, as he was both a Great Apache Chief, and in the Apache language it means "oak" which can stand for tall and strong.
Very cool name, I like it.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

McGuffin wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:55 am
Hawk wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:09 pm If it is o.k. with the group, I will go with Cochise. It holds a double meaning, as he was both a Great Apache Chief, and in the Apache language it means "oak" which can stand for tall and strong.
Sounds solid to me.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

EnigmaticOne wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:56 am
McGuffin wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:55 am
Sounds solid to me.
Alright, it sounds like we have a winner. Thanks for your opinions. :)
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

I'm beginning to think I want to change the codename of Capricorn to something else. But it shouldn't hint at his powers. Suggestions?
Games
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Hm, I don't know. Those are always tough ones for me to come up with.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

EnigmaticOne wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:51 pm I'm beginning to think I want to change the codename of Capricorn to something else. But it shouldn't hint at his powers. Suggestions?
Theseus, he was the Greek hero that escaped from the labyrinth.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Work has been a pain in the butt, however I've scored a day off so I'll get the IC thread started today.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

Horsenhero wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:12 pm Work has been a pain in the butt, however I've scored a day off so I'll get the IC thread started today.
Sounds good. :)
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Hawk wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:41 pm
EnigmaticOne wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:51 pm I'm beginning to think I want to change the codename of Capricorn to something else. But it shouldn't hint at his powers. Suggestions?
Theseus, he was the Greek hero that escaped from the labyrinth.
Clever, but it's not like he knows the Labryrinth exists, much less that they were the ones who kidnapped him. I'll just stick with Capricorn.
Games
Shock

Post by Shock »

HH, just for coolness, I'd like to be able to predict inconsequential stuff on the fly. Let me know if I get carried away and I'll dial it back. My thought is that Chris is constantly seeing a few seconds ahead without any effort. That's how his ability contributes to combat. Seeing farther than that is more infrequent (basically at GM discretion).

Also, I forgot to add his Paranoia to his Complications. I'll put it on the sheet now. Basically, he's had visions of himself dying with Ms Gable in close vicinity and he hasn't been able to tell if she's with him or against him when it happens.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Shock wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:36 am HH, just for coolness, I'd like to be able to predict inconsequential stuff on the fly. Let me know if I get carried away and I'll dial it back. My thought is that Chris is constantly seeing a few seconds ahead without any effort. That's how his ability contributes to combat. Seeing farther than that is more infrequent (basically at GM discretion).

Also, I forgot to add his Paranoia to his Complications. I'll put it on the sheet now. Basically, he's had visions of himself dying with Ms Gable in close vicinity and he hasn't been able to tell if she's with him or against him when it happens.
I like it!
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

What are the specific behavioral issues that we have. I need to know so that Jax can respond appropriately if questioned. Do we all share them, or are they varied?