Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Going on Hiatus

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Thorpocalypse
Posts: 1304
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:52 pm

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 2: The Road to Millford

Post by Thorpocalypse » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:43 pm

The second watch ends and the third watch takes over. Tal’endir, Lena and Zezzaka take their stations and continue to scan the area.

The night continues as it had with the wolves continuing to howl and bark, moving ever closer to the camp. As Lena listened, she could tell that some of the howls were deeper and louder than others, telling her that there were different types of wolves in the pack, not just Dire Wolves.

Lena felt the sounds of the howls touching something in her. She fought herself most of the night to keep from joining in. Part of her wanted to shed her clothes and run to them, joining in the hunt. But she didn’t. She knew that Jonas, Jarki, Ilona and the others, even the lecherous Wizard were her pack now. But one day…

The constant inner struggle was part of the reason that midway into her shift, it took her a few minutes to realize that the noise had stopped. She and Tal’endir looked at each other. They both knew what this meant.

No more howls meant no coordination signals. No more distractions.

No more time.

The attack was imminent.

GM Talk: Time for three of the greatest words in geekdom:

Roll for Initiative.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2195
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 2: The Road to Millford

Post by Flynnarrel » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:03 pm

Zezzaka though ready for the attack, moved with a measured pace.
"Something pithy this way comes."

User avatar
Supernaturalist
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:48 am

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 2: The Road to Millford

Post by Supernaturalist » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:34 pm

Khu-Amon
Character @ http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/vi ... 711#p59711
HP:3
Condition: Normal
OOC: I'm sound asleep, so someone will have to "cry wolf!" in order to wake me. Initiative Roll against Wolves: 1D20 = [17] = 17

pathfinderq1
Posts: 229
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:04 pm

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 2: The Road to Millford

Post by pathfinderq1 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:08 am

Lena was so focused on keeping her thoughts under control (or at least human) that it took a few moments for her to snap out of it.

>OOC: Initiative 1d20+3= 11, roll http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=219632

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 2: The Road to Millford

Post by MacynSnow » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:54 am

BEREND TALNOTH
HP-1 Condition-Fatigued 1

Just as the old Dwarf was settling into his spot,he too heard the sounds stop.Springing to his feat as fast as his old bones could carry him,he started barking orders as he practically kicked the others up
"Alright you lot,'tis time we earned our pay! Khu-Amon and Tal'endir,i want you an anyone else whut's good at range up on the highest Rock cropping and start shootin' at anything that comes our way. Jonas,you and yer people get as many o'the horses as you can up on the other one and you lot go with 'em,I'll be Damned to the Nine Hells afore we lose without a fight.The rest o'us will be completin' the circle.NOTHING short o'DIVINE INTERVENTION get's past us this night..."
The old dwarf tossed his loaded Crossbow to Ilona and motion's her to go as he draws his Handaxes and takes his place along 'The Circle '...

User avatar
L-Space
Posts: 722
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:40 pm
Location: Nebraska

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 1: The Adventure begins at the beginning

Post by L-Space » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:09 pm

Tae-Phoon
HP:1 Chi:11/11
Condition: Normal.

Tae eyes pop open as he sits upright. "An attack? They couldn't wait just 5 more minutes?! I was in the middle of a dream where I was soaking in a hot spring, while this beautiful elven masseuse was about to..uh never mind." He grabs his club, does a couple quick stretches, and then runs to the nearest defensible spot.

OOC wrote:Initiative: 1D20+6 = [19]+6 = 25
Tae's ready to go!
Image
Formerly luketheduke86

Thorpocalypse
Posts: 1304
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:52 pm

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 2: The Road to Millford

Post by Thorpocalypse » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:31 pm

GM Talk: Here's the promised crappy map of the area. The top is west, the left is south, the bottom is east, the right side is north.

I made a grid in Excel but apparently I forgot to have the hexes print and I'm about out of time for the moment so this will have to do.

H's are the horses. The wagons are about 10x15. The yellow area around the small square that represents the fire is all normal vision area. The clouds are dispersing and the moon is about 3/4 full so everywhere else requires low-light vision, not pure darkvision. If you don't have low-light, you're at -2 on ranged effects, I'm not going to penalize melee. It's not hard to hit a wolf gnawing on your leg. :)

I'm giving you a couple of rounds to get set up where you want before the actual combat will begin. Don't worry about Initiative for that. And by rounds, I mean a couple of posts each. If you want to edit your previous posts with this new information, feel free.

After everyone posts, I'll get things moving. I will be rolling offline but I promise I won't cheat.

Unless I need to. ;)

Feel free to shoot questions, I'll be on later and a little tomorrow.


Image
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum

User avatar
Supernaturalist
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:48 am

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 2: The Road to Millford

Post by Supernaturalist » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:51 pm

Khu-Amon
Character @ http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/vi ... 711#p59711
HP:2
Condition: Normal

At the sound of Berend Talnoth's voice, the elder wizard snaps out of his shallow sleep. He sits up in time to see members of his party and camp moving with frantic purpose.

" Khu-Amon and Tal'endir,i want you an anyone else whut's good at range up on the highest Rock cropping and start shootin' at anything that comes our way."

Khu-Amon graps his ebon Cobra-staff in one hand and stands as he wipes the "sleep" from his eyes. He glances up to the rocky outcrop near the horses only to see Tal'endir making his way swiftly to the top.

I cannot run with an elf...especially a young, fit one.

He hops down from the wagon and begins a fast walk in a vain effort to catch Tal'endir.

Amun-Khonsu! He thinks to himself as he raps the bottom of the staff against the ground. From the jeweled-eyes of the staff's headpiece a cone of bright moonlight shines forth in a large cone. As he approaches the rocky outcropping he holds the staff high in both hands to illuminate the area nearby.

Looking up he sees the wiry, elven warrior in a defensive position with an arrow nocked and ready. Khu-Amon pauses for a moment and utters "Amun-Shu!". A faint, glowing field of force appears around his body. He then continues up to the top of the rocks until he stands beside Tal'endir.

"I know that you do not need the light to see these beasts, but I do. Do not let your honor be stained by allowing one of them to devour me. Women all over Gloriant will curse you if that happens."

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2195
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 2: The Road to Millford

Post by Flynnarrel » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:37 am

"Do not shoot me in the back with either projectile or magic." She calls to the ranged combatants reproachfully as, hearing what was said about the wolves and horses she takes a position equidistant between the horses and the woods. Near the South-Wetern cornor of that largest boulder nearest the woods.

As she adopted a fighting stance she began to glow with a soft golden light. While some monks could intensify their Chi to produce an impressive light to awe others, Zezzaka's light was actually useful. 30 ft around her, which was good as she was near the edge of the old man's cone, was free of shadows, a beacon to her foes.

For coming from a monastery who's mysticism was tied to the Dawn, it would've seemed like this manifestation of her Chi was profound, but Zezzaka paid little heed to such things.

"Here puppies." she calls from a defensive stance.

Image
"Something pithy this way comes."

Jabroniville
Posts: 9080
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:05 pm

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 2: The Road to Millford

Post by Jabroniville » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:22 am

ANKARA

Initiative: 7 (http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=219781)

"My Gods punish me once more..." she grumbles, preparing a defensive stance. "Hm, they may attempt to eat our horses" she says, taking up a posture between Wagon 1 and the mounts, using her Low-Light Vision to keep an eye on the woods.

(OOC: I failed my Fort Check to sleep- does that affect anything?)

pathfinderq1
Posts: 229
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:04 pm

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 2: The Road to Millford

Post by pathfinderq1 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:17 pm

Lena watched the others get set up- it was always a bit of an adjustment working with new people... It seemed like most of the were clustered around the valuable horses, and the dubious shelter of the rocks. Gathering up her gear she trotted over to the wagons, and climbed up on the one furthest from the rocks. She gave her weapons a quick check, then strung her bow. Keeping her back to the fire, she swept her gaze across the road and the far edge of the clearing.

>OOC: Set up on top of wagon 5, the end closest to the road- weapon in hand is bow. Keep watch on the edge of the clearing AWAY from the woods (which seems to be where most of the other are watching), with her back to the fire- so, sweeping from top left (SW?), down the left side, then along the bottom (East?), left to right to corner, then back. She has Low-light vision (and danger sense, just in case).

Are there more woods on the far side of the road, or is that fields/ open ground?

Thorpocalypse
Posts: 1304
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:52 pm

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 2: The Road to Millford

Post by Thorpocalypse » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:26 am

Flynnarrel wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:37 am
"Do not shoot me in the back with either projectile or magic." She calls to the ranged combatants reproachfully as, hearing what was said about the wolves and horses she takes a position equidistant between the horses and the woods.

"Here puppies." she calls from a defensive stance.

Image
GM Talk: Hero Point for Zezzaka for the Last Dragon reference and making me laugh about not getting shot in the back, which reminded me of my recent FTF D&D group where our ranger rolled 1's on a regular basis and shot our cleric in the back at least twice. :)
Jabroniville wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:22 am
ANKARA

(OOC: I failed my Fort Check to sleep- does that affect anything?)
GM Talk: You're fatigued if you haven't slept at all. If you slept part of the night, it may effect you tomorrow
pathfinderq1 wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:17 pm
>OOC: Set up on top of wagon 5, the end closest to the road- weapon in hand is bow. Keep watch on the edge of the clearing AWAY from the woods (which seems to be where most of the other are watching), with her back to the fire- so, sweeping from top left (SW?), down the left side, then along the bottom (East?), left to right to corner, then back. She has Low-light vision (and danger sense, just in case).

Are there more woods on the far side of the road, or is that fields/ open ground?
The area on the other side of the road is mostly fields and light brush for about 20-30 feet before it turns into light woods. Lena can see movement in the woods on that north side of the road and from something moving up from the southwest about 90-120 ft away.

Those that are scanning the woods to the south are starting to make out movement from that direction as well. Jonas, the drivers and Jarki have taken defensive positions around the horses. Jarki is wielding his crossbow, Ilona is using Berend's, Mads and Jonas have short swords and the other drivers have daggers drawn.

GM Talk: I think I have everyone's initiative. Here is Tal's. Tal Initiative: 1D20+3 = [11]+3 = 14

Wolves are at 8. Wolves Initiative: 1D20+2 = [6]+2 = 8


I'm working on setting up the combat, should have it started tomorrow. Order looks like; Tae-Phoon, Berend, Khu-Amon, Tal'endir, Zezzaka, Lena, Wolves, Ankara. Basically, everyone will get first shots, then the wolves. The NPCs will only act if need be, they're letting you do the heavy lifting.
I'll let Ankara go with the team this time for ease of tracking things. Don't fret about keeping exact order either, unless you're setting up a team attack or something.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum

Thorpocalypse
Posts: 1304
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:52 pm

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 2: The Road to Millford

Post by Thorpocalypse » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:27 am

The seconds seem like hours as the sounds of large creatures moving through the woods on the north side of the road and in the woods to the south continue. Suddenly the relative calm is shattered by a loud growl and those watching the woods to the south see a dark shape, followed by 3 other smaller shapes come dashing out of the woods. As they reach the edge of the light of the fire, you see the larger form is a wolf that is a big as a riding horse stopping at the edge of the fire light. You can also see that it is flanked on its left (west) side by a grey wolf and on its right (east) side by two other grey wolves. The grey wolves are about 10 ft to each side of the Dire.

From the northwest, two more grey wolves, moving slowly, come up to the edge of Khu-Amon's light. Lena can also see another Dire Wolf emerging from the woods on the north, also flanked on each side by a grey wolf. They too are all moving slowly and deliberately to spots just at the edge of your light sources.

The Dire Wolf that came from the south lets out a mighty howl then begins to advance into the area lit by the fire. All the other wolves hold their positions.

GM Talk: Combat begins. Tae-Phoon, you’re up. Keep those clarifying questions coming if needed.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum

User avatar
L-Space
Posts: 722
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:40 pm
Location: Nebraska

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 1: The Adventure begins at the beginning

Post by L-Space » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:08 pm

Tae-Phoon
HP:1 Chi:11/11
Condition: Normal.

Tae moves forward and sizes up the giant Wolf. "Well, come on you shabby cur, I've got a stick for you to fetch." With that he hefts up,his club and charges.

OOC wrote:Move forward and All-out attack the wolf. Attack - War Club AoA: 1D20+3+2 = [14]+3+2 = 19
Not bad. DC22 if that's a hit. Defenses at -2.
Image
Formerly luketheduke86

Thorpocalypse
Posts: 1304
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:52 pm

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 3: Hungry like the Dire Wolf

Post by Thorpocalypse » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:37 am

As the Panderian monk charged forward, the wolf instinctively turned and allowed the club strike to bounce off it's thick hide.
That was indeed a hit. The Dire Wolf gets a 23 on it's Toughness check to avoid damage. 17+6 = 23.

Berend, you're up.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum

Post Reply