Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Going on Hiatus

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
pathfinderq1
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:04 pm

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 2: The Road to Millford

Post by pathfinderq1 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:29 pm

Lena nodded curtly at the dwarf's suggestion. Then she looked over at Master Wheelwright, since he was her actual boss. At a nod from him, she growled "Long night it is then. I'm going to rest for a bit before we start the rotation- just make sure you wake me up for my turn."

And she headed off towards one of the wagons to find her bedroll- though she would see little enough of it tonight.

>OOC: Ready

User avatar
Supernaturalist
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:48 am

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 2: The Road to Millford

Post by Supernaturalist » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:25 pm

Khu-Amon
Character @ http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/vi ... 711#p59711
HP:3
Condition: Normal
Flynnarrel wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:21 am
Zezzaka has no problem with the old man sitting near and waves him to rest himself. "I would not deny any who has seen as much as you have. Are you nearing your third century of life, Master Amon?" she asks, as she does most things, undelicately.
"Third century?...," the wizard grunts as he squats down onto the driest patch of grass he can find, "...I'm not a lich...or at least not yet."

Pausing for a moment before continuing, Khu-Amon switches to the language common to the Vedalkan in Rajadesh, "Are you a scientist of some sort? I've always admired the achievements of your people, a truly glorious race. What area of studies interest you, young woman?"
Last edited by Supernaturalist on Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 2: The Road to Millford

Post by MacynSnow » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:00 pm

Jabroniville wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:59 pm
ANKARA

Perception Check: [url=http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=218770]15[/i] (hey, not bad!)

"Wolves? I expected brigands; perhaps skeletons or zombies? But large wolves, you say? Is one a slightly different color than the others? I believe that might indicate the leader!" Ankara says, readying herself.
BEREND TALNOTH
HP- 1 Condition-On Alert

"you mean The Pack leader lass.And trust me,These wolves are the size of the horses,at the smallest.Saw one the size of two wagons up in Wolfenstradh ounce.This won't be an easy fight..."
After replying to Ankara,Berend went back to keeping an eye out towards the treeline...

OOC: ready when you are Thorp! :D

Thorpocalypse
Posts: 1400
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:52 pm

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 2: The Road to Millford

Post by Thorpocalypse » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:17 am

GM Talk: OK, I broke my promise, I had to honey-dos to complete before the Mrs. Heads out of town next week. Back to the adventure…

Haven’t heard back from Ghost so I’ll NPC Tal’endir through the end of the night then he will go on another mission. As far as the Perception checks go, everyone but Khu-Amon was able to ascertain that the wolves are about ¾ to a mile away when you first hear them. The howls seem to be coming from the north (left side of the round), south (right side of the road) and southeast (the woods in the direction you’ve come from).

Time for first watch. Lena, Khu-Amon and Tae-Phoon, let me know what you’re doing as the following goes on.


With the howls of the wolves in the background, everyone is on edge as they eat and quickly settle into the makeshift bunks on the wagons. Jonas’ crew were able to rearrange the merchandise where two people could sleep on each wagon, which gave everyone a spot except for the middle shift, where one person outside of the two people on watch would need other arrangements. Tal’endir volunteered to make do on the ground since he didn’t truly need to sleep anyway and he had spent evenings in far worse conditions.

Unfortunately for everyone, sleep was a tough commodity to come by. As tired as everyone was, the persistent howling of the wolves, along with a cold misting rain that moved in about an hour into the first watch kept many awake.

The warrior, the wizard and monk could tell that the howling, now mixed with yips and barks, kept getting louder, signaling that the pack was advancing closer. Not finding the peace he needed to rest, Tal’endir rose and walked up to Lena. “Clever creatures, wolves,” he said. “They could attack anytime, but they won’t. They may not even attack us tonight at all. They’ll keep making racket so we can’t sleep. They’ll wear us down, make us easier to pick off. My people have used similar tactics against other races for millennia as we elves need little rest. My ancestors learned it from them.”

He then moved back to his pallet and attempted to meditate again amid the cacophony of howls and barks. The rest of the first watch passed without incident and the three of them then woke Berend and Ankara for their watch.

GM Talk: Zezzala, Berend and Ankara, make a DC17 Fort check to see if you were able to sleep through the first watch. Mads was the only one who did among the drivers and Jarki.

1-5 chance of wolf attack, I rolled an 18. So no Initiative yet. Second watch, let me know what you’re doing, or if anyone else has anything, drop it in. I'll do the second watch post in a day or two.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 2: The Road to Millford

Post by MacynSnow » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:59 pm

BEREND TALNOTH
HP-2 Condition-Tired(10+3 =13 fort save)

Getting maybe 3 hours sleep might not seem like much,but every little bit helped in this case.Ounce up,Berend kicked up the fire a little more as he said to Ankara as he lit a Cigar
"So what's yer story girl?How'd a half-Shokan get so far south o'the Mountains and from the tribal lands?..."

User avatar
Supernaturalist
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:48 am

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 2: The Road to Millford

Post by Supernaturalist » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:36 am

Khu-Amon
Character @ http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/vi ... 711#p59711
HP:3
Condition: Normal

The elder wizard sits near the fire draped in the coat given to him by Percilis. There are a few moments of quiet peace but not many. The night is constantly broken up by the feral call of howling wolves.

They sound vaguely like jackal....but more terrifying.

As the campfire flickers hypnotically, Khu-Amon turns his gaze to Lena momentarily.

I wonder if she'd draw a knife across my throat if a fight broke out in the dark...or perhaps let the wolves devour me?

His eyes then shifted over to the portly Panderian.

What is his story I wonder?

"Master Panderian..." he says softly breaking the silence, "...we were never properly introduced. I am Khu-Amon of Sekhumnkhet. I have some knowledge of the ethnicity of each member of our fellowship. But you...and perhaps the Shokan female...come from a people that I know virtually nothing about. Please take my mind off these horrifying howls with a tale of your people."

pathfinderq1
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:04 pm

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 2: The Road to Millford

Post by pathfinderq1 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:03 am

Lena spoke barely at all during the course of the watch- she had borrowed a length of rope and a spare cloak from one of the wagons and constructed a crude shelter at the base of one of the trees that ringed the clearing. It wasn't a tent, or even any kind of serious shelter, but it kept most of the drizzling rain off of her while she waited.

She kept her eyes pointed away from the clearing itself- even the low-banked fires would play havoc with dark-adapted sight. She acknowledged the elf with a mere nod of her head. While the wolves might not try a direct attack, the possibility of a hit-and-run strike could not be discounted- and those beasts could drag one of the wagon horses with little trouble. The only sound from her post was the occasional rasp and click of a whetstone touching up the edge of one of her blades.

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2306
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 2: The Road to Millford

Post by Flynnarrel » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:50 am

Supernaturalist wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:25 pm
Khu-Amon
Character @ http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/vi ... 711#p59711
HP:3
Condition: Normal
Flynnarrel wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:21 am
Zezzaka has no problem with the old man sitting near and waves him to rest himself. "I would not deny any who has seen as much as you have. Are you nearing your third century of life, Master Amon?" she asks, as she does most things, undelicately.
"Third century?...," the wizard grunts as he squats down onto the driest patch of grass he can find, "...I'm not a lich...or at least not yet."

Pausing for a moment before continuing, Khu-Amon switches to the language common to the Vedalkan in Rajadesh, "Are you a scientist of some sort? I've always admired the achievements of your people, a truly glorious race. What area of studies interest you, young woman?"
Apologies for missing this.
"Ah, my people are only as frail of body as you when they reach such advanced age. I forgot how... sub-centuriac your race was."

Zezzaka's eyes brightens to hear her own tongue spoken but in deference to the mixed company she replies in Common. "I am a scientist of corpo-kinethesiology, compiling a comprehensive treatise on the subject." she says the word as if it is commonplace. "Combat is a wonderful medium through which I can explore body mechanics, parabolic trajectories, and momentum vectors." Anyone who might have the intelligence and background would understand she is using words from advanced mechanical engineering but applying them in an unusual way.

"For example, I look forward to see how Master Phoon applies the limited instruction he got in the Martial Sciences and refined them in ale houses across the lands." she adds, likewise including the panderan into the conversation.
"Something pithy this way comes."

Jabroniville
Posts: 9577
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:05 pm

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 2: The Road to Millford

Post by Jabroniville » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:42 am

Ankara’s Fort: http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=219273 (15)

“Annoying beasts...” says Ankara, unable to rest. Sleeping above ground was annoying enough, but with this incessant racket? Dishonourable creatures, these wolves.

User avatar
L-Space
Posts: 727
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:40 pm
Location: Nebraska

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 1: The Adventure begins at the beginning

Post by L-Space » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:15 am

Tae-Phoon
HP:1 Chi:11/11
Condition: Normal.

Tae regularly takes pulls from his winejug and even offers it to anyone else interested. "Kurikami? It's a beautiful land with amazing landscapes. All the more tragic that the spirits of the realm are in upheaval, but still one could find peace if you looked hard enough. As for my people not much to say, I spent most my life in the monastery, though I'm told I still picked up some of their more...intetesting habits." He says with a grin and a swig of his wine.
Image
Formerly luketheduke86

Thorpocalypse
Posts: 1400
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:52 pm

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 2: The Road to Millford

Post by Thorpocalypse » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:36 pm

Second Watch

*The camera pans throughout the woods and surrounding areas, showing fleeting glimpses of wolves moving through the woods around the camp. They continue to bark and howl as the advance on the camp…*

GM Talk: 1-11 chance of attack. Natural 20. You guys are lucky that you not only avoided attack, I used up a Crit for that. Tae-Phoon and Khu-Amon, DC17 Fort checks to see if you sleep. Lena, DC20, because, well, wolf affinity…Also, Lena, give me an auditory Perception check, please.

Geez, Mads can apparently sleep through anything. Everyone else, including Tal’endir has not gotten sleep. Anyone that failed the first or second watch checks, you’re Fatigued due to lack of sleep after a long day of travel and 5-6 hours not sleeping this evening. You can burn an HP to remove, of course.


The wolves keep up their howls and barks, keeping everyone on edge as Berend, Zezzala and Ankara keep watch. They can tell that the creatures are closing in as the noises get louder but the wolves still keep some distance from the camp.

By the end of the watch, the mist has ceased but has left behind some light fog as the winds shift to the south and you can feel that even in the dead of night, it feels warmer than when you first laid down to try to rest.

GM Talk: Second watch passes without incident. Third shift you’re up.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2306
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 2: The Road to Millford

Post by Flynnarrel » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:15 pm

Zezzaka Passes her time sleeping through 1st and 2nd watch and is well rested for her assigned third shift with the Elven Healer.
"Something pithy this way comes."

pathfinderq1
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:04 pm

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 2: The Road to Millford

Post by pathfinderq1 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:29 am

Lena curled up in her bedroll as soon as the next shift took over. For a few moments it seemed as if the howling would keep her awake, but in the end fatigue won out. Perhaps she managed to convince herself that they were singing her to sleep. Either way, she rested as well as one could expect...

>OOC:
-FORT DC 20, 1d20+4= 21
-Perception (Auditory) DC ?, 1d20+7= 12
-Rolls: http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=219421

User avatar
Supernaturalist
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:48 am

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 2: The Road to Millford

Post by Supernaturalist » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:20 am

Khu-Amon
Character @ http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/vi ... 711#p59711
HP:2
Condition: Normal

Khu-Amon tries to make as comfortable a bed as possible.

This is miserable weather, miserable sleeping accommodations, and miserable company. What I would not give for some red wine and a massage from an oiled and perfumed slave-girl.

<sigh>!

He lays down on his side and covers himself with a coat. With his wizard-staff clutched near him like a child's doll, he does his best to relax and sleep.
OOC: Fortitude Roll for a Restful Sleep: 1D20+4 = [7]+4 = 11
. Fail!. Ok, Khu-Amon would not tolerate an uncomfortable sleep if he can help it, so He'll use a HP to remain rested. He's now back down to 2 HP

User avatar
L-Space
Posts: 727
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:40 pm
Location: Nebraska

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 1: The Adventure begins at the beginning

Post by L-Space » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:00 pm

Tae-Phoon
HP:1 Chi:11/11
Condition: Normal.

After a particularly loud bout of howling Tae's snoring is interupptes by a loud snort, byt he just rolls over, hugs his winejug, and continues to sleep peacefully.
Image
Formerly luketheduke86

Post Reply