Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Going on Hiatus

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Thorpocalypse

Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Going on Hiatus

Post by Thorpocalypse »

The IC thread for the fantasy game for my setting. Wanted to get it set it up so we can kick off shortly. No replies yet please as I set up...

----

GLORIANT INFORMATION:

House Rules
Gloriant History
Gloriant Calendar, Domains, Deities

--

AGE OF GLORIANT CHARACTERS:

MAIN CAST:
Ankara (Shokan-Goliath Fighter) - Jabroniville
Berend Talnoth (Dwarven Rogue Investigator) - MacynSnow
Khu-Amon (Human Wizard) - Supernaturalist
Tae-Phoon (Panderian Monk) - L-Space
Tal'endir, Favored Son of Corellon Larethian (Elven Archer Healer) - Ghost of Krypton
Zezzaka (Vedalken Monk) - Flynnarrel

GUEST STARRING:

Bear (Barbearian) - Plan b
Lenya'ra Shwartzgrendt (Latent Werewolf Warrior) -
pathfinderq1

Jegherda “Jade” (Half-Orc/Half-Aasimar Radiant Dancer - EpicEclipse
Irene Everleigh the Demonbound (Human Demon Summoner Cook) - Loneclaw
Lemidora the Sand Sage (Tortle Sand Bending Monk) - Camus
Yasmira Spirisong (Human Spirit Caller) – pathfinderq1

DA RULES:

Just a few things to go over as we start the single greatest MnM campaign in the history of MnM PBP campaigns that are run by me that started in August of 2018. ;)

DA NUMBER ONE RULE: Sly says it best.

I AM THE LAW!

You probably don’t need this reminder but as the Game Master, I will it is my role to make sure the game runs as smoothly as possible and everyone has fun. If I am flat out wrong on something, please feel free to point it out. I’ve read the rules several times in my thousands of builds, but I haven’t played or run that much and application of said rules is always different than just statting something out.

But also, we will have moments where the rules become EXTREMELY flexible in the interest of the story or game. If you use Extra Effort or a Hero Point to do something cool, I’m not going to be strict about it as long as it’s not too out of bounds.

If I don’t allow a save on an effect that makes the whole party go to sleep for the purposes of the story or you make a check and I fiat out of it, you’re wasting your time typing, “but there’s no way that would have…” or “Beholder’s don’t a nuclear poop vision eye, that’s not…”

If I “cheat” there’s a reason and it’s not because I am out to get you. My greatest hope is that all of you survive and we can see this campaign through to its projected conclusion in 2025 (right…) when you are the greatest heroes in Gloriant history.

DA NUMBER TWO RULE: Bill and Ted say this best.

Be excellent to each other.

I expect everyone to be respectful to each other and be positive. Giving each other a playful hard time is expected. And encouraged! Criticizing someone’s role playing or being disrespectful to other players or the GM is not going to be tolerated. I’ll give a couple of warnings if I see things getting touchy but I will not hesitate to cut ties.

DON’T OVER POST: I got a job, a house, a wife, two kids at home, an elderly dad healing from a broken leg, I’m running this game, and an FTF game, playing in another PBP game and I have thriving discount build store that is bringing in $.000000001 a year that I cannot abandon.

So there will be times when I don’t have time to respond right away or I might miss a day or two because of events or traveling to check on my dad. It makes things difficult if I come back to 3-4 pages of posts.

Try to keep the IC posts to a couple a day tops, hopefully not too much more with the OOC. I also ask for your patience at times when I get behind.

And I am a notorious “oooo, I should I have said that” so check for edits from time to time as I’d rather edit a post than create a new for an oversight. I’ll do my best to give a heads up if I do edit something but as my wife tells me constantly, I’m not anywhere close to perfect so I apologize in advance for when I forget.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:43 am, edited 11 times in total.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

House Rules

Post by Thorpocalypse »

HOUSE RULES: EARTH GLORIANT

Of course, you can't just use the rules as written, what's the fun in that? Especially in a fantasy setting.

This is a CONSTANT work in progress as I roll through more tests and get more feedback from any FTF or online games.

SKILLS:

Nothing yet, but there could be something eventually.

ADVANTAGES:

HOUSE ADVANTAGES: Here is a list of homebrew, swiped, converted 2E and eventual new 3E book Advantages (I hope) that I will be using for my personal setting builds:

NOTE: Any Advantage with a *** in front is still being tested and is not currently available for game usage. If it changes, the *** will be removed.

Accelerated Acrobatics - You can try to cross a precarious surface faster than normal. If you increase the Difficulty Class by 5, you can move your full speed as a move action instead of -1 rank. Moving twice your speed in a round requires the penalty plus two skill checks, Acrobatics and the usual Athletics.
Accelerated Climb - You can try to climb more quickly than normal, at -1 rank instead of -2. You can accept an addition +5 DC to move at full speed.
Accelerated Stealth - You can move up to your normal speed instead of -1 rank. Moving twice your speed in a round requires the penalty plus two skill checks, Stealth and the usual Athletics.
Cat's Feet: You are extremely difficult to detect by normal hearing. All opponent's Perception checks against your auditory Stealth checks is made with a -5 penalty.
Clean (ranked) - Checks to connect you with a crime increase by DC5 per rank.
Combat Clarity (ranked) - +2 checks to resist Feints, 2nd rank increases to +5.
Combat Leader - Use a Hero Point or Luck (Inspiration) for you and allies in 60 ft radius to get +2 bonus on Initiative rolls.
Conceal Efforts - Anyone who inspects your bindings during a Sleight of Hand escape check must make a Perception check with a DC equal to your Sleight of Hand result to notice your escape attempt.
Cunning Fighter - Use your Attack Bonus instead of Deception to Feint in combat.
Damaging Escape - When you escape from a grab, you get an unarmed attack against the opponent as a free action. You still have to roll to hit.
Deadeye - You can Aim as a move action. Cannot be used in conjunction with Improved Aim in same action.
Defensive Strike (ranked) - +2 on next attack against opponent that misses you in close combat (2nd rank increases bonus to +5). First rank does not count against PL caps.
Durable Lie - The target believes your Deception for an additional round.
Eagle Eyes - Your visual perception range increment is 100 ft.
Fighting Climb – You are not vulnerable when climbing.
Forceful Intimidation - You can force your subject to take an action that is against his interests (but not life threatening).
Follow-up Strike - Follow up a critical hit with a free attack action against the same target
Hide Tampering - You can conceal any tampering with a device. Anyone who inspects the device must make a check against your Technology or Sleight of Hand check result to notice your tampering.
Improved Daze – You can attempt to Daze as a move action without the penalty.
Improved Feint – You may attempt to Feint as a move action without the penalty.
Improved Trick - You may use Deception to bluff or trick as a move action without penalty.
Last Stand - Use Extra Effort to ignore all damage penalties for one round.
Lionheart (ranked) - +2 bonus on Will or Fort checks against Fear and related effects (2nd rank increases bonus to +5). Limited by PL caps.
Martial Strike (ranked) - +1 unarmed damage per rank.
Rallying Cry: As a standard action, you can spend a hero point or use Luck (Inspiration) to grant grant allies in auditory perception range a new Will or Fort check to overcome fear and lasting mental effects.
Rousing Speech (ranked): Choose interaction skill, make DC15 interaction skill check to grant ally +2 bonus to particular check. Additional rank to raise bonus to +5 or select additional interaction skill.
Skill Supremacy (ranked) - When using Extra Effort for a bonus to check to a chosen skill add +5 to the bonus instead of +2.
Speed of Thought - Use Intellect modifier instead of Agility modifier for initiative checks.
Sweeping Strike: If you succeed on a successful unarmed attack, you can make a free trip attack.
Swift: You can add an extra rank of Speed to your additional rank gained with a successful Athletics check.
Tough (ranked) - +1 to Toughness saving throws, limited to 3 ranks.
Unbalancing Strike - When you hit an opponent with a close attack, you can choose to throw them off balance rather than inflicting damage. A hit means he is Vulnerable on defense for the next round.
Withstand Damage - When using the Defend action, you can reduce active defenses 2 ranks to increase Toughness bonus by 2 ranks.
Wolf's Ears: Your auditory perception checks have range increment of 100 ft.
Zen Strike - Use your Awareness modifier instead of your Strength for unarmed damage.

Combat Maneuver Combos: I'm pretty sure I saw that Jon L confirmed that you are not supposed to use maneuver combos like All-Out/Power Attack at the same time. But I'm allowing their usage up to +2/-2 for non-minions or forces with the use of Extra Effort or an HP. Characters that have the necessary Advantages for the combos can use combos up to the full +5/-5 ranks. I think utilizing the full +5/-5 can be overpowering most of the time, but for certain moments, I think it brings excitement so I decided to allow it in this manner for now.

Languages: Too expensive in the RAW for my taste. My rule is that Languages rank 1 gives you 2 languages, 2 ranks gives you 5, 3 ranks gives you 10 and so on up the Progression chart. I don't see giving anymore than 3 ranks, but you never know.

Luck: Also, I am using the optional Luck Advantage rule from the GM's Guide that allows a character to have ranks at Luck that reflect each separate application of HP usage. So characters can have:

Luck (Edit Scene)
Luck (Heroic Feat)
Luck (Improve Roll)
Luck (Inspiration)
Luck (Instant Counter)
Luck (Recover)

Total Luck ranks are still limited to half the character's PL rounded up.

MTG Based Inspiration: In trying to replicate some of the Magic the Gathering mechanics, I was struggling with the “pumping” creatures process. Those are abilities like “add a +1/+1 counter to target attacking creature" etc. In MnM, that would put many creatures over PL caps, especially if you keep stacking counters on them. In order to simulate some of that and not obliterate PL rules too much, I’m making a House Rule on Inspire which will not grant a sustained “counter” but will allow for some extra oomph a bit.

In my fantasy setting (not my prime superhero settings), Inspire is not limited to one use per scene for 2 ranks of Inspire (+2 checks or +1 checks/+1 active defenses) or less. In addition to Hero Point usage it can also be activated by usage of the Luck (Inspiration) Advantage. Also, as noted, multiple ranks of the Inspire bonus can be split between offense and defense, but must be called out ahead of time.

Example: Anafenza uses her Tactical Inspiration power, which is an Enhanced Advantages 2 (Inspire 2 [+1 attacks/checks/+1 active defenses], Flaw: Limited [only when Anafenza is attacking]) Enhanced Advantages 4 (Luck [Inspiration] 4). So Anafenza can basically grant those bonuses for up to 5 rounds (her HP and 4 ranks of Luck) if not more depending on how many HP she has acquired.

Ranked Power Attack: The usage of the Power Attack Advantage works similarly to Improved Critical in that you need to note the effect that you can use Power Attack with. Example: Superman takes Power Attack (1) (Unarmed) so he can increase his damage up to +5 for that attack only. His Heat Vision Power Attack increase would be limited +2 per the standard Power Attack maneuver rules.

Multiple ranks in Power Attack can be taken for as many attacks/effects as the player wants.

POWERS:

Some slight alterations to some powers for this setting.

Regeneration Rounds: Just for clarification, this a chart to show which rounds you recover a -1 to Toughness if you have Regeneration.

Healing Factor: Regeneration 1 (1/every 9 rounds [9]); 1 pt
Healing Factor: Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds [5, 10]); 2 pts
Healing Factor: Regeneration 3 (3/every 10 rounds [3, 7, 10]); 3 pts
Healing Factor: Regeneration 4 (4/every 10 rounds [2, 5, 8, 10]); 4 pts
Healing Factor: Regeneration 5 (1/every other round [2, 4, 6, 8, 10]); 5 pts
Healing Factor: Regeneration 6 (6/every 10 rounds [2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10); 6 pts
Healing Factor: Regeneration 7 (7/every 10 rounds [2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10]); 7 pts
Healing Factor: Regeneration 8 (8 out of 10 rounds [2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10]); 8 pts
Healing Factor: Regeneration 9 (9/every 10 rounds [2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]); 9 pts
Healing Factor: Regeneration 10 (1/every round); 10 pts

Regeneration 11 on would be one every round, then add a check per the chart...

Time is Immutable: There is NO TIME TRAVEL in this setting. You can have effects that slow or speed up a "personal time field" but it's more of a mental effect as opposed to stopping or accelerating time. No Movement (Time Travel) in the Thorpocamultiverse. Time travel is just a walking plot hole and it's getting overused in all fantasy/comic/sci-fi mediums right now so I am putting a stop to it here. Of course, if I screw something up bad enough, I reserve the right to retcon this, of course. :)

FANTASY SETTING GENERAL GAMEPLAY:

Hero Points Carry Over: According to the RAW, HP goes away at the end of an adventure. I like my characters to have a lot so they can do cool stuff when they need it so in my games, HP can carry over until the next adventure/scene. You can only have has many as your PL, though.

TEAM INITIATIVE: I’m trying to strike a balance with the initiative in PBP between rewarding you for having a high initiative and the realities of people not being able to always post/act in order. For the time being, I’m going with a team initiative where I will pick someone to roll for the party and I will roll for the antagonist(s). Each side will go until the other has completed their round, then we’ll keep alternating until it’s over. If someone delays until the other side’s round for something like a counter or to set up something, we’ll just play it as an “interrupt” situation. It will be a work in progress and if we’re not digging it, we’ll switch it up.

DAMAGE: Since this is a fantasy setting, unless otherwise noted, we'll be using the Lethal Damage rules so 3rd degree damage failures add the Disabled condition and 4th degree failures add Dying.

Wealth System: I’m going to use a slight variation on the alternate Benefit (Wealth) ranks system from the GM’s Guide, page 190.

--
A character’s base Wealth rank is 5. The Benefit (Wealth) advantage (see the M&M Hero’s Handbook, page 82) increases Wealth by 1 per rank. Over the course of play, your Wealth rank may decrease as you purchase expensive items. A character’s Wealth rank can never fall below 0, and there is no limit to how high Wealth rank can climb.

If your Wealth is 0, you don’t have the buying power to purchase any item or service with a purchase DC of 10 or higher, and you can’t make routine Wealth checks (any spending is significant for you).

Wealth rank reflects buying power. Every item and service has a purchase Difficulty Class based on how expensive and hard to get it is. To purchase something, make a Wealth check against the purchase DC.
As a general guideline, equipment purchase DC equals 10 + the equipment’s point cost. The GM sets the Wealth check DC for any particular purchase.

A Wealth check is a d20 roll plus your current Wealth rank. Wealth rank is fluid; it increases as you gain Wealth and decreases as you make purchases. If you succeed on the Wealth check, you purchase the item. If you fail, you can’t afford the item at this time. You can make a routine Wealth check, just like any other routine check (see M&M Hero’s Handbook, page 13). This means you can automatically purchase any item with a DC equal or less than your Wealth +10. If you purchase an item with a purchase DC higher than your current Wealth rank, your rank decreases by 1 point for every 5 points the purchase DC exceeds your current Wealth rank (1 point for 1–5 points higher, 2 points for 6–10 points higher, etc.).

You can help someone else purchase an item by making a DC 10 Wealth check, just like a team check. If the attempt is successful, you provide the purchaser with a +2 bonus on their Wealth check, +5 for three or more degrees of success. If you assist a Wealth check for an item with a purchase DC higher than your current Wealth rank, it decreases as normal.

Lost Wealth ranks or increases to Wealth ranks will be gained by locating treasure or by being paid for services.

NOTE: This is going to be playtested so DO NOT TAKE THESE DC'S AS SET IN STONE. That's why I haven't updated all the equipment yet. Things can and probably will change.

EXAMPLE SERVICE DCs:

Lodging: DC10
Meals: DC5
Blacksmithing: DC12 + Weapon Point Cost

EQUIPMENT:

Here is another constantly evolving list. As I think of new items, I’ll add them.

GENERAL EQUIPMENT:

Adventurer's Kit: Backpack, Bedroll, Flint and Steel, Belt Pouch (empty), Sack (empty), Trail Rations, Torch, Waterskin; 5 pts / DC12
Antitoxin: Feature 1 (+5 bonus on resistance checks against toxins); 1 pt/ DC14
Backpack: Feature 1 (equipment storage); 1 pt / DC8
Bedroll: Feature 1 (eliminates sleep checks daily); 1 pt / DC8
Caltrops: Feature 1; 1 pt / DC12
Camo Clothing: Feature 1 (+5 Stealth in Chosen Environment); 1 pt / DC10
Climber's Kit: Feature 1 (+2 Athletic checks ot climb); 1 pt / DC10
Disguise Kit, Masterwork: Feature 3 (Major bonus to Deception checks for disguise); 3 pts / DC15
Disguise Kit: Feature 1 (Circumstance bonus to Deception checks for disguise); 1 pt / DC12
Flint and Steel: Feature 1 (Creating a tiny flame, like a match, useful for lighting other fires); 1 pt / DC11
Healer's Kit, Masterwork: Feature 2 (Tools, Treatment, +2 Treatment checks); 2 pts/7 wr
Healer's Kit: Feature 1 (Tools, Treatment); 1 pt/6 wr
Lantern: Environment 1 (30 ft radius; Light [reduce total concealment to partial and partial concealment to none]; 1 pt/6 wr
Orb: Feature 1 (Tool for scyring); 1 pt/8 wr
Restraints: Feature 1 (Toughness 5, DC20 Sleight of Hand); 1 pt/4 wr
Ritualist's Kit: Feature 1 (tools for casting rituals); 1 pt/8 wr
Rod: Feature 1 (Focus for spellcasting); 1 pt/7 wr
Rope: Feature 1 (several uses; binding, climbing, etc.); 1 pt
Sacks: Feature 1 (item storage); 1 pt/3 wr
Staff: Feature 1 (Focus for spellcasting); 1 pt/6 wr
Sunrods: Environment 1 (30 ft radius; Light [reduce total concealment to partial and partial concealment to none]; 1 pt/6 wr
Tent: Feature 1 (eliminates sleep checks daily, provides environmental immunity to cold at night); 2 pts/5 wr
Thieves' Tools, Masterwork: Feature 2 (Tools, Technology; +2 Sleight of Hand checks to pick locks); 2 pts
Thieves' Tools: Feature 1 (Tools, Technology); 1 pt/6 wr
Torch, Everburning: Environment 1 (30 ft radius; Light [reduce total concealment to partial and partial concealment to none]; 1 pt/8 wr
Torches: Environment 1 (30 ft radius; Light [reduce total concealment to partial and partial concealment to none], Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 1 pt/2 wr
Trail Rations: Feature 1 (eliminates starvation checks for 20 days); 1 pt/5 wr
Wand: Feature 1 (Focus for spellcasting); 1 pt/6 wr
Waterskin: Feature 1 (eliminates thirst checks for 2 days, can be refilled); 1 pt/2 wr
Water-walking Shoes: Movement 1 (Water-walking, Flaw: Limited to half speed); 1 pt/6 wr

MELEE WEAPONS:

Axe, Battleaxe: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Breaking, Dangerous; 5 pts/8 wr
Axe, Greataxe: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 5, Breaking, Dangerous, Reach [5 ft]; 8 pts/9 wr
Axe, Handaxe: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 1; 1 pt/5 wr
Axe, Throwing Axe: Ranged Slashing Strength-Based Damage 1; 2 pts/7 wr
Bo Staff: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Double, Reach (5 ft.); 4 pts/2 wr
Chain: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Grabbing, Reach (5 ft.), Tripping; 5 pts/6 wr
Claymore: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Dangerous, Defensive; 5 pts/9 wr
Cutlass: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Dangerous; 4 pts/8 wr
Dagger, Punching: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Concealable; 2 pts/5 wr
Dagger: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous; 2 pts/6 wr
Emei Piercers: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous 1; 3 pts/6 wr
Escrima Sticks: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Double; 3 pts/6 wr
Flail: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Extra: Disarming, Reach (5 ft.), Tripping; 5 pts/8 wr
Garotte: Grabbing 0, Chokehold; 1 pt/2 wr
Gauntlet: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 1; 1 pt/6 wr
Great Flail: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 4, Disarming, Reach 2 (10 ft.), Tripping; 7 pts/9 wr
Halberd: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 3, Reach (5 ft.); 4 pts/8 wr
Hammer, Great: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 5, Reach (5 ft.); 6 pts/8 wr
Hammer, Warhammer: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 3; 3 pts/7 wr
Handclaws: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Feature 1 (+5 Athletic checks limited to Climbing); 2 pts/5 wr
Hook Sword: Slashing Strength-based Damage 3, Reach, Tripping; 5 pts/9 wr
Kama: Slashing Strength-based Damage 2, Dangerous; 3 pts/6 wr
Katana: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Dangerous; 4 pts/7 wr
Katar: Slashing/Piercing Strength-based Damage 2, Penetrating 1; 3 pts/7 wr
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous; 2 pts/3 wr
Kris Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 2, Dangerous 2; 4 pts/6 wr
Kurkis: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 2, Dangerous; 3 pts/6 wr
Kusarigama: Bludgeoning/Slashing Strength-Based Damage 2, Binding, Disarming, Reach [5 ft]; 5 pts/6 wr
Machete: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3; 3 pts/7 wr
Maul: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 4, Reach (5 ft.) Smashing, Tripping, Restricted (Str 2+); 8 pts/8 wr
Mere Club: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Dangerous 2; 4 pts/5 wr
Naginata: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Reach (5 ft.); 4 pts/7 wr
Ninjato: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 2, Dangerous, Feature 1 (Multi-Purpose Tool); 4 pts/7 wr
Nunchakus: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Disarming, Impressive; 4 pts/5 wr
Quarterstaff: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2; 2 pts/ 2 wr
Rapier: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 2, Dangerous 2; 4 pts/7 wr
Saber: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 2, Dangerous; 3 pts/7 wr
Sai: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Defensive, Disarming; 3 pts/6 wr
San Jie Gun: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Defensive, Double, Impressive; 5 pts/8 wr
Scimitar, Great : Slashing Strength-Based Damage 4, Dangerous 2; 6 pts/9 wr
Scimitar: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 2, Dangerous 2; 4 pts/ 7 wr
Scythe: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Reach [5 ft.], Tripping; 5 pts/4 wr
Sheng Bao (Meteor Hammer): Bludeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Concealable, Double, Reach 3 (15 ft.); 7 pts; 8 wr
Spear, Shortspear: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 2, Dangerous; 3 pts/5 wr
Spear: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 3, Dangerous; 4 pts/6 wr
Sword, Bastard Sword: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 4, Dangerous, Flaw: Inaccurate with one hand; 4 pts/9 wr
Sword, Greatsword: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 5, Dangerous; 6 pts/10 wr
Sword, Longsword: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Dangerous; 4 pts/8 wr
Sword, Short: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 2, Dangerous; 3 pts; 8 wr
Trident, Nine-dragon: Piercing Strength-based Damage 2, Dangerous, Disarming, Reach (5 ft.); 5 pts/7 wr
Trident: Piercing Strength-based Damage 3, Dangerous, Disarming, Reach; 6 pts; 7 wr
Wakizashi: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 2, Dangerous; 3 pts; 7 wr
War Fan: Slashing [Open]/Piercing [Closed] Strength-Based Damage 2, Concealable, Defensive; 4 pts; 7 wr
Whip, Sash: Bludgeoning Damage 1, Disarming, Grabbing, Reach (5 ft.); 4 pts/7 wr
Whip: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 1, Disarming, Grabbing, Reach (5 ft.); 5 pts/7 wr
Wind and Fire Wheel: Slashing Strength-based Damage 2; 2 pts/6 wr

RANGED WEAPONS:

Blowgun: Ranged Affliction 1 (Poison; Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Impaired, 2nd: Disabled, 3rd: Incapacitated, Flaw: Resistible [Toughness]); 1 pts/5 wr
Bolo: Affliction 3 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Hindered and Impeded, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized, Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50]); 6 pts/6 wr
Bolo: Ranged Grabbing 3, Flaw: Diminished Range (10/25/50); 5 pts/6 wr
Boomerang: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Ranged Damage 2; 4 pts/6 wr
Boomerang Bludgeoning Strength-Based Ranged Damage 1; 2 pts/6 wr
Bow, Dragon's Tongue: Ranged Piercing Damage 3, Penetrating 2; 8 pts/9 wr
Bow, Frog Crotch: Ranged Piercing Damage 3, Smashing, Limited to cutting; 7 pts; 8 wr
Bow, Longbow: Ranged Piercing Damage 3; 6 pts; 9 wr
Bow, Shortbow: Ranged Piercing Damage 2; 4 pts; 8 wr
Bow, Skinsplitter: Ranged Piercing Damage 3, Dangerous; 7 pts; 10 wr
Bow, Willow Leaf: Ranged Piercing Damage 3, Precise; 7 pts; 11 wr
Chakram: Slashing Ranged Damage 3, Dangerous; 7 pts/8 wr
Crossbow, Heavy Masterwork: Ranged Piercing Damage 4, Dangerous; 9 pts; 10 wr
Crossbow, Heavy: Ranged Piercing Damage 3, Dangerous; 7 pts; 10 wr
Crossbow, Light: Ranged Piercing Damage 2, Dangerous; 5 pts; 9 wr
Javelin: Ranged Piercing Damage 2, Dangerous; 5 pts; 3 wr
Longbow, Masterwork: Ranged Piercing Damage 5; 10 pts; 11 wr
Net: Grabbing 2, Entangling; 3 pts; 2 wr
Shuriken: Ranged Multiattack Piercing Damage 1; 3 pts; 3 wr
Sling: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Ranged Damage 1, Flaw: Dimished Range (10/25/50); 3 pts; 2 wr

ARMOR:

Leather Armor: Protection 1; 1 pts / DC15
Studded Leather Armor: Protection 2; 2 pts / DC8 wr
Hide Armor: Protection 2; 2 pts/7 wr
Chain Mail: Protection 3; 3 pts/10 wr
Breastplate: Protection 4; 4 pts/11 wr
Splint Mail: Protection 4; 4 pts/10 wr
Banded Mail: Protection 4, 4 pts/10 wr
Plate Mail: Protection 5; 5 pts/11 wr
Full-Plate: Protection 6; 6 pts/12 wr
Scale Mail Protection 3; 3 pts/10 wr

SHIELDS:

Small Shield: +1 Dodge, +1 Parry; 2 pts / DC14
Medium Shield: +2 Dodge, +2 Parry; 4 pts / DC15
Large Shield: +3 Dodge, +3 Parry; 6 pts / DC17
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

GLORIANT HISTORY

Post by Thorpocalypse »

GLORIANT HISTORY OVERVIEW
As recorded by Elder Emberwell the Alduvian, 9th Lorekeeper of Szaride

Hear now, mortals, this story of time before time, of darkness before light and of torment before salvation. Heed this tale of gods and men, war and peace, love and sacrifice. This lore has been handed down from generation to generation of Alduvians and must now be shared with all creatures of the Gilthorian lands in order to preserve that which is known. I have taken it upon myself to tell this tale to all who will listen.

THE CREATION

While there are many theories on the creation of this planet of Jaerth, each depending on what religion one follows, or which wizard, Lorekeeper or elder of a race that you choose to believe. What we Alduvians know is this:

In the beginning, there was the void. And into that void, The Creator was born. It was He who set the stars in motion and who crafted the furnace of our Sun so that the void would not be filled with darkness. He created an infinite number of stars, worlds and dimensions layered upon dimensions with their variety as unlimited as His limitless power. And He loved all His creations equally and boundlessly.

It was during this period of creation that our world was born. The Creator formed the great oceans, our two moons, the majestic mountains, the myriad of plants and trees and the great lands, with the most glorious being our land of Gloriant.

But the world was without any creature or life of any kind. It was with His infinite wisdom that The Creator realized that the life on our world, and all worlds and dimensions, should be as varied and wondrous as the worlds He created. He also believed that all creatures of the world should be given a free will, so that they could each define their own reality and experience His glorious creations in their own individual way.

He also knew that they would need guidance and that His joy in creation was a joy that he wished to share. So He decided not to breathe life into the world Himself. For that, he created his five children, four sons, and a daughter. They would be the first gods, and they would be charged with creating and guiding the creatures and races of the world.

The first son was Anvaelar, who was carefree and proud. He loved song and the glory of gold, and to him his father gave a scepter made of engraved gold and decorated with wondrous gems.

The second son was Azzagrath, who was wise and humble. He loved strength of stone and strength of spirit and to him his father gave a scepter made of marble and Askharil, the “steel of souls”.

The third son was Aer, who was strong and bold, but quick to temper. He enjoyed the flame of emotion and the heat of battle and to him his father gave a scepter made of brass and living flame.

The fourth son was Azkarael, who was the smartest of the children, but was also boastful, prideful and covetous. His father gave him a scepter made of sterling silver and decorated with black diamonds.

The only daughter of The Creator was Anilaya, who was beautiful, clever and curious. She loved sorcery and sunshine, and to her the Creator gave the most special scepter; one made from pure light and magic.

Before the Five Children of The Creator created life in the world, they each had a number of children, and those children: Elhonna, Chronus, Bor, Pelor, Anubis, Gruumsh, and others; and their children and children’s children, became the pantheon of deities that we know today; Each of them carried traits and powers of their parents, but each of them was unique and each had their own philosophy on how life should be created and guided. There was much arguing and many fights between the deities over how the creatures of the world could be created and how they should be governed. In order to be fair, The Five Children of The Creator charged them each with creating a number of creatures as they saw fit, but none in the image of The Five Children and The Creator, as they were not deemed worthy to perform such a feat.

So the deities created all manner of animal, from the smallest bug to the mighty Tarrasque, with all varities in between. And The Five Children were most pleased, as was The Creator, who loved all the creations equally and boundlessly.

Then it was time for The Five Children to create life in their image. And so the races of our world were born.

First, Anvaelar made the elves that were as proud and carefree as he. He granted them long life, love of song and freedom and transcendent grace.

Second, Azzagrath made the mountain folk, who loved the earth and its rich treasures. Short and strong, they too were gifted with long life, but their love was for stone, steel, gems and hard work.

Third, Aer made the humans, who were strong and warlike. He did not grant them long life, as he wanted them to live fully in a shorter time. They were granted with a great sense of adaptability to their world, and were made to be prosperous and fertile.

Lastly, Anilaya made the gnomes and the little folk, who shared her love for magic, beauty and the wilderness. They were gifted with long life, and to have a greater kinship with nature and animals.

Azkarael, however, was not allowed to create the race he desired. Azkarael loved to create division and discontent between his brothers and sister. And he was particularly jealous of Anilaya, who he felt The Creator favored over the brothers. After an especially cruel and divisive act, the details of which have been lost to time, The Creator stripped Azkarael of his scepter and forbade Azkarael to use his powers until he had redeemed himself.

This drove Azkarael mad. He stole Anilaya away and tried to use the power of her scepter to make a race of terrible fiends to walk the world. When Anilaya tried to stop him, he flew into a fit of rage and slew her. However, the power of the scepter would not bend to his evil will, and when he tried to complete his task, the scepter destroyed itself and the resulting explosion shook The Heavens.

The explosion also destroyed Azkarael, but it shattered his essence into several separate entities that were thrust into the world and across all dimensions. The entities became the seeds of several different vile races, ranging from the vile goblins and orcs, to the bloodthirsty hyena-people of the deep deserts. Other creatures, such a demons, devils and fiends also sprang from the larger, more powerful remains of Azkarael and were spread out across all the planes of existence.

When The Creator realized what had occurred, he was devastated by the loss of his daughter and the betrayal by his son. Fearing for all the creations of his children, The Creator himself created the Alduvian race, which are now known as dragons by the other races of this world. To my race he gave long life, great knowledge, and great power, but also the burden of a great responsibility. It was the first of our race that built the unreachable mountain city of Szaride as home and sanctuary and began our long vigil.

The Creator then took away the power of creation from His children and the other deities and gave it to the creatures of Gloriant. In memory of his daughter, he blessed the female of all species with ability to bear children, and greater inner strength than a man could imagine.
After he had done this, The Creator rested, and sleep he did for a long time.

THE TIME OF TORMENT

After the creation, thousands of years passed. Humans, under the banner of Aer and the pantheon of deities that shared his vision, conquered much of the world. Great empires rose and fell. Across the world, humans and elves dabbled in sorcery and the magical power of creation. They brought about the creation of many more species of animal and humanoid creatures. Giants appeared across the land, with strength that could move mountains and varying from brutish louts to noble intellectuals who lived in castles in the sky.
The mountain folk dug hundreds of strongholds under the ground and fought bloody wars with the blind beast-men of the deeps, the giants and the elves, whose arrogance was growing beyond comprehension.

It is believed that during this time, one of the spawn of Azkarael, a demon whose name remains unknown (but is believed to be Demogorgon himself) gained audience with the high human god Aer and began planting seeds of deceit.

Whether that was actually the reason or not, Aer slowly became dissatisfied with his creation. After its initial conquests and wars, humanity had settled down and split into thousands of small cultures. This did not please him, for Aer wanted a unified humanity, strong and warring, unified under his banner. What he saw was an imperfect creation that had to be tempered like an imperfect blade; in fire…

And so, in what was later called the Year of the Weeping Gods, Aer opened the gates of Hell and set loose the demons therein. The sky became black and rained down tainted water. Great storms ravaged both land and sea. And hordes of fiends, led by three infernal generals, pored out upon the helpless world.

The elves escaped across the seas in their great, enchanted ships, riding on winds of magic. The mountain folk and the little folk burrowed deeper in hopes of avoiding the onslaught. The giants were split into different factions, each of which pursued its own means to survive. But there would be no sanctuary for the human race and they bore the full brunt of Aer’s fury.

When the nature of the impending disaster became apparent, the Alduvians of Szaride did not sit idle. We sent our king, Terzhaen, to look for the sleeping Creator from the furthest reaches of the universe, a journey that would take him over three hundred years. The rest of my kin traveled far and wide, to live up to our responsibility as protectors of Gloriant, desperate to save what little we could. I am ashamed to say it, but many of my kind were captured and corrupted by the demons. The bloated and greedy descendants of those once mighty Alduvians are what cause so many today to curse the name dragon. But I digress…

My kind and the human race fought bravely against the infernal horde, but in vain. The fiends raised the dead to fight on as undead abominations, and destroyed human strongholds with spells of destruction. After 50 years of what became futile battle, the war was over, and the torment truly began.

The fiends enslaved entire human empires, for use as servants, to fulfill their depraved pleasures and even food. And through all this, Aer watched and did nothing, hoping that the adversity would drive men to evolve into something greater. Anvaelar also did nothing. His people, who called him Velar, were safe and that was all that mattered to him. Azzagrath attempted to reason with Aer, but to no avail, and not wanting to risk Aer’s wrath, he too, did nothing. And Aer forbade any of the other deities to intervene; less they tempt battle with him. So the human race continued to suffer.

For over three hundred years, nothing changed. Then, precisely three hundred and thirty-three years after the Torment began, the Alduvian king Terzhaen returned from his great journey. Those of my kin who were there that day recall seeing the king stagger in, bone weary but triumphant as he descended to the great square of Szaride. He looked across the crowd and declared, “HE is coming!” and then fell to the ground, dead.
For two days, all was silent. Then on the third day, He did indeed come.

In human annuals, it would be known as The Night of Falling Stars, as it appeared that the stars themselves fell down upon the earth. It was a cloudless night, and one by one, pillars of searing white light came down from the heavens. There was a host of the Nine Celestials Legions, and at their lead, terrible beyond comprehension, was The Creator.

The battle lasted for two days and nights, although there clearly was no question as to what would be the end result. The Creator could have ended the battle in the blink of an eye, but He let the battle continue because He saw that finally, the human race, inspired by The Creator, began to fight back.

And then it was over. The forces of light had triumphed; driving the demons and fiends back into the darkness. Soon, humankind, though battered, recovered to continue their spread across the land. The giants, mountain folk, dwarves, elves and little folks returned to their native lands and all the races worked to rebuild what they had lost in the time of The Torment. Then the time came for a reckoning in the heavens.
For his shortsightedness and cruelty to his own creation, Aer was stripped of his scepter, which The Creator broke into pieces and cast out across the ends of the universe. Without his scepter and wracked with shame and anger, Aer exiled himself from the heavens to a place unknown.

However, it is said that he remains powerful even without his scepter and that he will one day return to wreak a terrible vengeance on his Father.
The Creator again left the governing of the world to the pantheon of deities, and forbade them all from such similar acts, less they incur a wrath a thousand times greater than what was visited upon the demons in The Night of Falling Stars. And to this day, none in the pantheon has dared challenge The Creator’s decree.

THE FIRST GREAT WAR

After the Time of Torment, there was a general sense of peace throughout the land for nearly two hundred and fifty years. This would eventually be known as the First Age of Gloriant. It was during this time that the initial borders of the Gloriant Domains as we know them now were set, although those borders have changed over time. However, there was a great orc king named Grudarc, who believed that the will of the orc god Gruumsh was for the orcs to have lordship over all the lands of Gloriant. As such, he made it his personal crusade to achieve this goal. He began by overrunning the domains of Fiora and Tarkir with his vicious Bloodfang tribe and creating a stronghold in the Fiora forest now known as Orcwood. Soon after, he began to rally hundreds of orc clans under his banner. Before long they became the dominant humanoid force in the land.

As they began to advance across Gloriant, they eventually came into conflict with my people. At first, we had little problem defending ourselves against the orc armies, repelling them time and again, winning each battle decisively. After several defeats, Grudarc knew he would need more than just large numbers to accomplish his goal. They began to focus on gathering more and better weaponry and magic skills that might give them a better chance at victory. And for good measure, Grudarc forged an alliance with the Mind Flayers, who saw the war as an opportunity to gain control of the lands themselves, once the orcs had done most of the work. With their improved skill and the help of the Mind Flayers, the orcs were finally able to overcome our forces and slaughter many of my kind.

After many years of orc rampages, the elven, dwarven and human races joined with my people to battle the orcs in what would later be known as the First Great War. The war raged for many years, and the unified forces led by the great King of Men Amaes Gloriant, Dwarven King Edrinli Thunderhold and the great elven king Valeridas Sunstar battled Grudarc’s forces tooth and nail but could not gain an advantage. Finally, the great wizard Willard created an army of living constructs called the Warforged who fought with the unified races. It was their help that turned the tide of the war, and after a monumental battle in the Valley of Dread, the unified races defeated the orcs and Mind Flayers, with King Gloriant dealing the final blow by beheading Grudarc on the field of battle.

After the loss of their leader, the orcs were all but defeated and the Mind Flayers fled to their secret cities under the earth, to the place now know as The Underdark. As in all wars, though, the victory came at a great cost. The spoils of the war caused the near elimination of many of the humanoid races and many animal species. Even my people seemed to be sensing the end of our species.

But, as it has long been said, “life finds a way”, and in time, the populations of the humanoid races became plentiful again. Many new and strange species of creatures began to emerge, to coincide with the return of the Alduvians, and also unfortunately, the orcs. It was during this Second Age of Gloriant that our continent was named for the first King Gloriant, who became the first recognized High King of the land.

THE SECOND GREAT WAR

For another two hundred years, there was a relative peace throughout the land, as each of the human domains developed their own varying styles of government, but kept a general sense of peace with the other domains. The dwarves, elves, and humans generally kept the orcs at bay, and kept a general sense of peace, however tenuous, with each other. There were many relatively small conflicts, as there has always been and will always be, as good battled evil on a daily basis. But in general, the lands were prosperous and there was a balance between good and evil. It was also known as the first Great Age of Adventure, where the spoils of the last Great War left many ruins to explore, many treasures to claim and drove the bold to seek out new lands to discover.

It was near the end of this civil period that twin brothers were born, Ironious and Teronious. It is said that they were the spawn of a human mother and a great silver Aludvian, Maranog, that often assumed human form, to allow him to seduce females as he pleased. It is believed that their half-dragon lineage gave them great gifts for magic, and they became the two greatest wizards the world had ever known. The two brothers were as different as day and night, though. Teronious was kind and caring man, who used his power for good and to help others. Ironious was a darker, more sullen individual, who delved in dark magic and rarely used his powers for the general good. Each of them was a great teacher, however, and they trained hundreds of wizards, of all races and all alignments, including Tenser, Rary and Mordenkainen. And it was one of their students who would bring an end to the civil period and bring about the next Great War.

Montarrio, a Drow elf who came from a family of wizards, was Ironious’ greatest student. Despite his arrogance and cruel nature, he became of favorite of Ironious nearly from the first day he arrived and he worked closely with him for years. In short time, it became glaringly obvious to Montarrio that Ironious was immensely jealous of Teronious. At every opportunity, he played on that jealousy to help stoke the flames of dissension between the two brothers. After many years of studying with Ironious, learning everything he could from him, even thing that Ironious taught no other students, Montarrio felt he had he become nearly the equal of the brothers; and he knew it was time for him to eliminate his competition. Accounts vary as to what he actually did, but Montarrio orchestrated an incident that brought Ironious’ jealousy to the boiling point. It made Ironious fly into a murderous rage and he engaged in a deadly wizard’s duel with his brother. The battle raged for hours, each of them unable to gain an advantage over the other. Finally, with both wizards exhausted and near collapse, Montarrio unleashed a fury of evil magic upon them and killed him them both. After finishing off several of the brothers’ other students, he became the supreme wizard of the land.

Now that he was the supreme wizard, Montarrio felt he should be the ruler of all of Gloriant. He spent many years creating an empire in Innistrad, building a great castle deep within the Morgath Mountains and gathering great wealth and many followers. Over time, he gathered a massive army of evil and then he began to wage war against all the domains of Gloriant. Nearly all the domains fell quickly, leaving only the combined forces of the domains of Kurikami and Gilthorian to fight Montarrio’s army. Eventually, Montarrio’s armies pushed the opposing force to within a few miles of the Gilthorian capital of Kormiant.

The turning point of the war came during the Battle of Ainar’Din, where the members of the greatest party of adventurers in the land known as the X-Emplars; Xander Daellion, the mighty warrior and leader of the party; Maradak the Mysterious, the powerful mage; Sian the Cleric; Pergathon, the halfing thief; and Kalen, the dwarven fighter, were able to join the battle after returning from imprisonment many lands away thanks to the trickery of Montarrio.

Their onslaught brought out Montarrio himself and his greatest warrior, the general of his armies, the legendary blackguard, Ethirios the Cruel. Ethirios and Xander Daellion began a monumental battle, that legend says made thousands of warriors stop life and death battle to watch. Eventually, Xander Daellion slew Ethirios. Then Montarrio joined the battle and he nearly defeated the entire Great Party by himself. Just as Montarrio was about to finish them off, two lightning bolts came out of the heavens to strike Montarrio. Most believe it came from the spirits of Teronious and Ironious, who sent them to exact their revenge on their treacherous former student. It did not kill the evil Montarrio but it stunned him long enough for Daellion summon enough strength to rise and cut off Montarrio’s head. Then quickly and wisely, Maradak and Sian captured Montarrio’s soul and imprisoned it in a soul stone to keep him from returning ever again. Without Montarrio’s power and Ethiros’ leadership, the allied forces were able to rout the remaining forces of Montarrio’s army and within a few days, the war was over.

It has been nearly 25 years since that day and the continent is still in a state of recovery. Once again, the lands were razed and many species were near extinction after the ravages of the war. But as mentioned before, life is resilient and the lands are slowly again becoming prosperous. Xander Daellion is now the High King of Gloriant and he and his wife, Queen Diiva Daellion, have given their resources to restore many of the communities that were destroyed during the war, not just in their own domain, but also across the continent. They have helped strengthen the union among the peoples of all domains and along with the other retired members of the X-Emplars, and the X Knights, King Xander Daellion’s special guard, they have kept the peace in the land and have given all the races hope for a bright future. King Daellion’s reign has signaled the dawn of the Third Age of Gilthorian.

And there you have the history of Gloriant so far. What happens next, nobody knows except The Creator himself. But this much I can tell you, reader: the Alduvians will be there, watching it and recording what transpires to enlighten the future generations of Gloriant. I bid you farewell, and may The Creator watch over you.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

Gloriant Information II

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Some key information about the land of Gloriant (constant work in progress...):

Days of the Week (in Common tongue):

Cadu (Monday)
Tiani (Tuesday)
Koranos (Wednesday)
Seros (Thursday)
Azzar (Friday)
Olysday (Saturday)
Neuday (Sunday)

The 13 Months of the Year (in Common tongue):

Xanuran (Winter)
Sabuary (Winter)
Smarch (Spring)
Tilerin (Spring)
Kathai (Spring)
Erijune (Summer)
Palai (Summer)
Azeman (Summer)
Senaini (Summer)
Daenawn (Fall)
Saiex (Fall)
Nazadeh (Fall)
Jaie (Winter)

• As stated in the history of Gloriant, the land is a state of renewal and recovery. The population of all the humanoid races is increasing steadily and most animal (magical or otherwise) species are gaining in numbers also. The two races that seem to be increasing the most rapidly, though, are goblins (as would be expected) and strangely, Drow elves, which normally were rarely encountered outside of a few areas, but have been showing up in all the regions lately. The one species that seems to be struggling to gain its former strength are the dragons, which comes as a surprise, given their power and revered status.

• While the animal populations in general are showing signs of recovery, it should be noted that many creatures have been found wandering in areas that are not their natural habitat. Most Rangers and Druids believe this is an after effect of the war, caused by numerous forest fires and fallout from dark magic spells that either destroyed certain creatures’ natural habitats, or drove off the animals that were their food sources, forcing them to wander into uncommon territories.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GLORIANT DOMAINS:

The exact size of the continent of Gloriant is unknown, but the explored portion is approximately 6 million square miles in size. However, many Lorekeepers and scholars feel that the landmass is probably at least 3 times that size. The weather varies from region to region, with the northern regions of the land trending colder and the southern and western coastal regions being warmer.

There are 12 known domains of Gloriant:

Athanos: Is an island domain in the Galdratic Sea of the southeast coast of Gilthorian.
Gilthorian: The most well-known and largest domain, located on the southwest center of the continent. This is the domain where the majority of my adventures will occur.
Jatar: The land of dragons and warlords that which borders Wolfenstrahd to the north/northwest.
Konstantinopolis: The vast city-nation that borders Wolfestrahd to the northeast.
Kurikami: Located in the far east of the explored portion of the continent.
Rajadesh: Which borders Sekhumnkhet the northwest.
Sekhumnkhet: Land in the desert, located in the far southwest.
Teztaca: Which borders Gilthorian to the south/southeast.
Vandalay: The constantly shifting island of floating land and wild mana in the Noviant Sea.
Vellenza: Land of subterfuge and intrigue that borders Wolfenstein to the northeast.
Wolfenstrahd: The dark land that borders Gilthorian to the north.
Zaganda: The land to to the far south of Gloriant.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

b]GLORIANT DEITIES:[/b]

Originally I was going to just open up the overall listing of deities from D&D, Pathfinder and all the mythologies, but I think I’m going to start my own list for my setting just to reign it in a little bit. Some will be completely original, some will be “borrowed” from other settings and if I actually run a game, I will be open to negotiation for additions. As always, it’s a work in progress.

The Old Gods:

Anvaelar – God of the Elves. Revelry, song and prosperity.
Azzagrath – God of the Dwarves.
Aer – War. God the Humans. Exiled.
Azkarael – God of Deceit, Avarice and Evil. Father of Demons,
Anilaya – Goddess of Light and Life. Deceased.

The New Gods:

Arvorea – Goddess of Nature
Athreos – God of Passage
Avandra – Goddess of Change, Luck, Trade, Travel
Bahamut – God of Justice, Protection, Nobiliy and Honor; God of Good Dragons
Bane – God of War and Conquest; God of Goblins
Boccob – God of Magic, Balance and Foresight
Bontu – Goddess of Ambition
Corellon Larethian – God of Magic, Music and arts; God of Elves
Cosi – God of Tricksters, God of Merfolk
Emeria – Goddess of the Sky and Wind; Goddess of Merfolk
Erathis – Goddess of Civilization and Invention
Ephara – Goddess of the Polis
Erebos – God of the Dead
Fujin – God of Wind
Garl Glittergold – God of Gnomes
Gruumsh – God of Orcs
Hazoret – Goddess of Zeal
Heliod – God of Sun
Ioun – Goddess of Knowledge, Skill and Prophecy
Iroas – God of Victory
Kanis – God of Ainoks, Jackalweres and Werewolves
Karametra – Goddess of Harvests
Kefnet – God of Knowledge
Keranos – God of Storms
Kord – God of Strength and Battle
Kruphix – God of Horizons
The Locust God – God of Famine
Lolth – Godess of Shadows, Lies and Spiders; Goddess of The Drow
Melora – Goddess of Nature
Mogis – God of Slaughter, God of Minotaurs
Moradin – God of Creation, Artisans and Family; God of Dwarves
Nylea – Goddess of the Hunt
Oketra – Goddess of Solidarity
Omnath – God of Elementals
Pelor – God of Sun, Agriculture and Time
Pharika – Goddess of Affliction
Phenax – God of Deception
Purphoros – God of the Forge
The Queen of Air and Darkness – Goddess of Magic, Death and Murder; Goddess of the Fae
Raijin – God of Thunder
The Raven Queen – Goddess of Death and Fate
Rhonas – God of Strength
The Scarab God – God of Leadership
The Scorpion God – God of Destruction
Sehanine – Goddess of Love, Trickery and Moon; Goddess of Elves
Thassa – Goddess of the Sea
Tiamat – Goddess of Greed, Wealth and Vengeance; Goddess of Evil Dragons
Therin - Goddess of Light
Thjor – God of Storms, War and Drink
Titania – Goddess of Friendship and Magic; Goddess of the Fae
Torog – God of Jailors and Torturers; God of the Underdark
Ula – God of the Sea, God of Merfolk
Vaprak – God of Destruction; God of Ogres and Trolls
Vecna – God of Necromancy, Secrets and Undead
Vext – God of Mishap and Misfortune
Yondalla – Goddess of Halflings
Ziracyna – Goddess of Avens
Zehir – God of Assassin, Darkness and Poisons
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

Re: Age of Gloriant (IC Thread) - No replies yet please

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Reserved 4
Thorpocalypse

Re: Age of Gloriant (IC Thread) - No replies yet please

Post by Thorpocalypse »

*PROLOGUE*

Someone hits the "On" button on your Kerevision remote.

*Establishing shot of the Gilthorian capital city of Kormiant. The camera swoops across the city, showing all the hustle, bustle and grandeur of the city. The shot continues up to a great golden castle on a hill at the edge of the city. It ends with a full shot of the High King of Gilthorian, Xander Daellion looking out at the city from his balcony.*

Voice over by Queen Diiva Daellion: My love, your legacy is undisputed. The lands are prosperous. Our kingdom continues to expand. The people love you. We have the greatest army in the known world. You have your X-Knights, the greatest of the great warriors of our land. Your sons and daughters are happy and strong.

The domains have been at...general, peace for years.

And most of all, I love you.

There is nothing to worry about…

Voice over by the King: …My love…There is always something to worry about…

-----------------------------------------------

*The scene switches to a close up on the boots of a man in a dark cloak moving quickly down some stairs. The camera tracks him down the halls of a dimly lit castle until he enters a large room. Another man whose features are obscured sits on a throne at the far of the room.*

The only sound in the room is sound of his footsteps echoing throughout the cavernous room as he moves quickly across the room. He kneels before the man on the throne. The man on throne speaks. “What news?”

“Everything is going according to plan, my lord,” the man in the cloak says. “Your will shall be done.”

“It is not MY will, my child,” the man on the throne hisses. “It is the will of MY lord. And his time comes soon…”

*END PROLOGUE*
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

Part 1 - The beginning of the beginning...

Post by Thorpocalypse »

*The show begins with its opening montage and title graphic:

Series theme song...

Gloriant: Age of Adventure

Starring:

MacynSnow as Berend Talnoth
Supernaturalist as Khu-Amon
L-Space as Tae-Phoon
Ghost of Krypton as Tal'endir, Favored Son of Corellon Larethian
Flynnarrel as Zezzaka

And Jabroniville as Ankara

End opening montage*

Commercial Bump: Gloriant: Age of Adventure is sponsored by J-Mart. J-Mart! Your one number one discount Mutants and Mastermind character build emporium since 2007! Stop by any one of our multiple locations today! J-Mart! Service with a smilie! :)
--

Each of you have made your way to the thorp of Thorpe for one reason or another. You know that Thorpe is a small village of about 100 people on the outer edge of the King’s Patrol, approximately 150 miles from the capital city of Gilthorian, Kormiant. It is mainly a trading and agricultural community, and despite its small size, its location on one of the main trade routes from Heltonford makes it a fairly active settlement.

There are 8 other townships in the immediate area that you are aware of. They are Amberdale, Kolek, Perfection, Do, Nott, Millford, Iredell and Darrax, the largest town in the area and what many people consider the gateway to the Untamed Lands. The Untamed Lands are the Gilthorian lands outside of the King’s Patrol. All are hamlet size (100-400 people) except for Darrax and Iredell who have closer to a 1000 residents, and all are within 2 days walk/ride of one another.

It is early Smarch (Smarch 9 to be exact) and the early spring weather remains fickle. Sabuary ended with a couple of large snowstorms and Smarch started out only slightly warmer, but with no less precipitation, making travel difficult as the roads are very muddy and the constant rain has made travel miserable. The high today was around the high 30s to 40 degrees (Fahrenheit) with a rain/snow mix off and on. You are looking forward to a warm fire and a hot meal and you know just the place to go.

Everyone in the area knows that anyone looking for work or adventure should spend a little time at Percilis’ Pub and Inn. Percilis’ is the only real business of its kind in Thorpe and as such, it gets all the business of the traders and merchants passing through. The pub is your basic tavern, with several tables scattered around the large room and a long bar along the far west wall. To the left of the bar, is a doorway that you can see (and smell) leads to the kitchen. On the right is a doorway with a closed curtain, which assume leads to their storage areas. There are two large fireplaces burning in the southwest and northeast corners, so the room is warm, just as you hoped it would be.

Percilis, the owner, is a jovial, rotund, middle-aged chap with a quick wit that is behind the bar seemingly every minute of the day. The Pub has some of the best food in the area, mainly thanks to his wife, Velda, who cooks most of the meals with the help of their oldest daughter, Theonie. Their other daughter, Marava, waits tables along with a couple of other local women. Their youngest son, Parvan, a strapping young lad with rumored adventuring aspirations, assists his father at the bar and does whatever else is needed in the Inn.

As you enter the pub (or look up towards the door if you’ve been there for a bit already) around dusk (approximately 6 p.m.), you notice that there are a few patrons scattered about the pub, but for those of you that have been here before, you can tell it’s a lot slower than usual for this time of day. There are several open tables and a few spots at the bar.

GM Talk: OK folks, time to start the RP. Tell me why you’re in town and where you’re going to sit or where you’re sitting if you’ve been there a little while, if you’re ordering food or drink, anything you’re looking for, etc.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flynnarrel

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 1: The Adventure begins at the beginning

Post by Flynnarrel »

Zezzaka was so far... unimpressed. This little town was in the middle of several other no wheres on the road to nothing important (in her opinion).

Supposedly, in one of these little nowheres lived a retired adventurer - Prestark the Mighty who's fighting style was said to blend orcish brutality with elven elegance. It was something Zezzaka just had to see but the rumors did not even say what race, gender, or even weapon (if Prestark relied on such... crutches), nor could they point her in any more specific a location than in this general region. Worst yet, it may all just be smoke and rumor!

Still, she had to try.

She hefts her pack with her top arms and approaches the bar in the manner that she does everything - straitforward and direct.

"Excuse me," she said in accented Common, "Have you heard of Prestark the Mighty?"
"Something pithy this way comes."
MacynSnow

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 1: The Adventure begins at the beginning

Post by MacynSnow »

The Journal of Lyrianna Talnoth, Noble Ward of Berend Talnoth: 19th of Saiex
"My father was never one to tell you why he did the thing's he did,just that it"Needed tae be done and that's the end of it".Of course,that fateful meeting in Percili's Pub even left my Notoriously Sharp-minded Father scratching his head....
"

BEREND "THE DWARF" TALNOTH
HP- 2 Condition-Normal

Berend had been to Percili's several times as "the Dwarf"(especially if he was out Tracking down a fugitive) and knew the Family rather well.Tromping in out of the weather,Berend ordered what he normally did when passing through(Some of Velda's sortof-famous Roast with Cabbage Slaw& a Warm bowl of Vegetable soup along with his usual tandard of ale),always renting lodging for at least a day and checking for any Rumors they might've heard(always paying for the information).Ounce he took a seat at the bar,The Dwarf said to Parvan as he lit a non-wet cigar with his Flint-catch
"Blasted weather'd ease up a mite,could actually git some work done...So how you been boy?"

Noticing the Vedalken woman come in shortly before him and hearing her mention someone called Prestark The Mighty,Berend tried to think if he'd heard the name before...
OOC:Alrighty,first roll of the game.I'll use the Well-Informed Advantage to see if Berend might know anything about this Prestark fella...
20+4=24(Investigation check) A perfect score on something maybe completely useless. :D
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Tae-Phoon
HP:1
Condition: hungry and parched

Tae-Phoon usually didn't have a particular destination in mind when he traveled, he just went where the winds of fate took him. Today the winds of fate were pelting him with sleet and rain, along an extremely muddy road. He usually found the cold invigorating, but being soaking wet at the same time was not ideal. His spirits were lifted when he saw the lights up ahead, Thorpe. He was looking forward to some good food, strong drink, and maybe a job to put some coin in his pocket.

He pushed the door to Percilis’ open and took in the warmth and smells of the place, before boisterously hollering, "Barkeep, if your food tastes half as good as it smells I may very well eat your entire pantry!" Tae shakes off the dampness before stepping inside and lumbering up to the bar. He finds the sturdiest looking stool to sit on, sets his gear down, and smiles at the barkeep, "I'll need a room for the night, but first a hot meal big enough to feed three of you skinny folk and your biggest tankard of house ale to wash it down with. Please and thank you." he slides enough coins to pay for his order, including a nice tip.
Formerly luketheduke86
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

ANKARA (Shokan/Goliath Warrior)
HP: 1

Ankara, all of 8 feet tall with slate-grey skin and large, ripped muscles that I am in no way attracted two, used two of her four arms to open the door to the pub, eyeing the place suspiciously. At her height, and with her racial make-up, she stood out pretty much everywhere. This made her on edge, but was handy in getting a quick impression of people- fearful sorts were spotted right away, as were "this one will be trouble" glances.

As an elite warrior of the Shokan, Ankara rarely drank. However, she had heard from many that "All Adventurers Meet At The Pub", so if she wanted to be an adventurer, this was where she had to go. What she would do when she got there? She had no idea. Perhaps simply sit around to wait for Adventurers to show up? She was certain they'd look disparate and strange- that was the cliche, wasn't it? Half-This and Half-That, and maybe an Awakened Undead or two.

And so, she simply sat down and waited to be recruited to an adventuring party.
Ghost of Krypton

Post by Ghost of Krypton »

Tal'endir, Favored Son of Corellon Larethian
Hero Points: 1 of 1
Conditions: None.

The memories of the Tel'Qessir are both blessing and boon, as the eldest among the races of Gloriant they each live and experience millennia, remembering events of both joy and sorry, of pride and of shame. However, the Tel'Qessir do not sleep, nor dream as do the other races, the enter a trance like state of reverie, wherein they remit to their memory the events of their waking lives. As such the oath of the Tel'Qessir is inviolate, and events that impress upon them are remembered, unto death.

Tal'endir had made such an oath to see the remains of his mentor, the Warden El'Tael, who was, in truth the High King Valeridas, who had abdicated his the throne from which he ruled during the First Great War upon entering the service of Anvaelar, first among the Old Gods. Upon revealing himself to Tal'endir, he shared many stories of his reign, events of the War and the horrors he had witnessed during it's brief span, not least of which was the story of Brant Parne, a human page assigned to Valeridas' service by the King Amaes Gloriant himself. Valeridas named Parne his page, to honor the recent Alliance between Tel'Qessir, and their human cousins, Parne, honored by the appointment pledged himself to the High King of the Tel'Qessir.

During the battle in the Valley of Dread, an Orcish arrow meant for High King Valeridas was deflected by the shield of his Page, the human Brant Parne. However the arrow, cast from the brutish string of an Orc Bow, pierced wood and mail, biting deep into the human's arm, it's vile poison entering his blood, to be carried to his heart, whereupon he would surely die. It was the mithril blade of Valeridas that severed arm from body, thereby preventing the poison from taking the young man's life, realizing that the human had been willing to sacrifice his life for the High King's, Valeridas used this proof of human bravery and honor as example to the Tel'Qessir who doubted the alliance, that goodness, courage, and honor was universal. In so doing he named Brant Parne Sha'Tel'Qessir, or Honored among the People, a title denoting him as Elf Friend, a pledge and oath that all elves would treat both him, and his descendants, as peers, Valeridas then gifted Parne his personal banner, that any Elves who saw it would know, instantly, that he had been named Sha'Tel'Qessir.

And so now, almost a millennia after the events of the Dread Valley, High King Valeridas had passed from this world, while Tal'endir had been entrusted with the High King's mortal remains, a lock of hair which he wore on a mithril chain around his neck, he sought out the descendants of Brant Parne, so as to give them the opportunity to join him as he sang the song of lament to mark the High King's passing. However, this was easier said than done, for the memories of the human race were not as keen or precise as that of the people, and their lives were fierce and frantic, led for sometimes less than a handful of decades, and the bred at a prodigious rate, ensuring there were successive generations to trace through the intervening time.

It was that search which led Tal'endir a High Elf, to the door of Percilis’ Pub, he pushed upon the door entering the smoke filled hall, his keen elven eyes detecting some of the more exotic travelers who appeared to be on the road as the final snows of Sabuary melted. Certainly unusual given the size of the human community, and something he took note of, though most would miss the slight wrinkling of his brow that signified his caution. He walked past the mountainous Shokan, identifiable by her muscle mass, though slighter than most descriptions of her peoples, and noted that a Dwarf, and Panderan were already speaking with the proprietors along the bar, as well as another, a blue skinned Veldekan making subtle inquires.

Still at the doorway he closed the door behind him to prevent any further Smarch winds from gusting through the entrance, drew down his blue and white hood, gently stroking the beads of water from his fine, silken hair, before he walked gracefully across the hall towards an empty table. He drew off his cloak, wrapping it around bow, quiver, and his other martial arms, signifying he meant no disrespect to the proprietor's and quietly waited for one of the servants to approach him, he would make his inquires then.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

*Establishing shot of the bar as the background music shifts to a theme more fitting of a tavern scene, something jaunty. The camera shifts to a midrange shot of a strapping young man with sandy brown hair standing behind the bar.*

Parvan was tending bar in his father's stead, daydreaming about slaying a dragon while a beautiful princess looked at him longingly. He was snapped back to reality by a cold breeze from the front door opening and a blue-skinned person with four arms moving directly to the bar.
Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:27 am
She hefts her pack with her top arms and approaches the bar in the manner that she does everything - straitforward and direct.

"Excuse me," she said in accented Common, "Have you heard of Prestark the Mighty?"
“Um…well…” he stammered. It wasn’t so much the blue-skinned person’s appearance that threw him off, he’d seen all sorts in this pub over the years, but the directness and the piercing red eyes that seemed to expect an answer immediately. “I haven’t…um…I don’t think…um…DAD!”

“Coming, boy,” Percilis shouted from the kitchen.

“My father, he...um...might know…um…one moment…” Parvan struggled as the Vedalken monk continued to stare a hole in him. Before the pub owner could emerge from the kitchen, the door opened again and much to Parvan’s relief he saw the short, stocky form of Berend Talnoth, a dwarf from Darrax that came into the bar from time to time while he was on business in Thorpe. He came right up to the bar as per usual.
MacynSnow wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:31 am BEREND "THE DWARF" TALNOTH
HP- 2 Condition-Normal

Berend had been to Percili's several times as "the Dwarf"(especially if he was out Tracking down a fugitive) and knew the Family rather well.Tromping in out of the weather,Berend ordered what he normally did when passing through(Some of Velda's sortof-famous Roast with Cabbage Slaw& a Warm bowl of Vegetable soup along with his usual tandard of ale),always renting lodging for at least a day and checking for any Rumors they might've heard(always paying for the information).Ounce he took a seat at the bar,The Dwarf said to Parvan as he lit a non-wet cigar with his Flint-catch
"Blasted weather'd ease up a mite,could actually git some work done...So how you been boy?"

Noticing the Vedalken woman come in shortly before him and hearing her mention someone called Prestark The Mighty,Berend tried to think if he'd heard the name before...
OOC:Alrighty,first roll of the game.I'll use the Well-Informed Advantage to see if Berend might know anything about this Prestark fella...
20+4=24(Investigation check) A perfect score on something maybe completely useless. :D
As the Vedalken impatiently waited for an answer, The Dwarf ordered a meal and started some small talk with the nervous Parvan. The young barkeep realized he might have found an out. “I shall see to your order right away, Master Dwarf,” he replied to Berend with a deferential head bow. “Um, not to bother you, sir, but this customer was asking about a Prestark the Mighty? Have you heard of him?”

GM Talk: Hopefully you won’t need that 20 later. ;) That’s good enough to know a lot about Prestark. It just so happens that Prestark resides in Darrax. He mainly keeps to himself since he’s getting up there in age. You know he fought in the last Great War and apparently was quite the warrior in his day. He helped train members of the Darrax Guard some time ago but after injuring himself in freak accident at his house (damn cats, always underfoot) he hasn’t been seen much.
L-Space wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:51 am Tae-Phoon
HP:1
Condition: hungry and parched

He pushed the door to Percilis’ open and took in the warmth and smells of the place, before boisterously hollering, "Barkeep, if your food tastes half as good as it smells I may very well eat your entire pantry!" Tae shakes off the dampness before stepping inside and lumbering up to the bar. He finds the sturdiest looking stool to sit on, sets his gear down, and smiles at the barkeep, "I'll need a room for the night, but first a hot meal big enough to feed three of you skinny folk and your biggest tankard of house ale to wash it down with. Please and thank you." he slides enough coins to pay for his order, including a nice tip.
As the conversation was going on at the bar, the door was flung open yet again by a large panderian man in a Kurikami conitcal hat and a gi who also came up to the bar just as Percilis came out of the kitchen. As the rotund panderian announced his arrival with a compliment and a very robust order, you could see the smile spread across the pub owner’s face and the $$S signs flash in his eyes.

“Why, hello and well met, my famished friend!” he said as went directly to one of the kegs behind the bar and began pouring a large mug of ale. He also nodded at Parvan, motioning him to get Tae-Phoon’s order and shouted at his daughter Marava to see to the man in the blue and white hood that recently entered and to one of the other bardmaids, Trindi, to run back and tell his wife Theonie and other daughter Velda to get the ovens going hot “so that they can feed these hungry travelers some of the best food in land!”

He also caught the eye of the large woman that entered that practically dwarfed the large panderian, who had dwarfed everyone else in the bar and said to the goliath-shokan giantess, "We'll be right with you, milady".

“Why, oh why, did I sent Alispeth home early?” he muttered to himself.

In short order, the mug was filled and he slid it down the bar towards the panderian monk. Years of practice allowed him the skill to have the mug stop just inches in front of Tae-Phoon's spot. Parvan began filling The Dwarf’s mug right after he returned from the kitchen after turning in Berend and Tae-Phoon’s orders. By this time, Trindi had returned from the kitchen and was heading towards Ankara’s table and Marava had made her way to the elf’s table after being delayed by a question from one of the other patrons in the bar.

“Welcome to Percilis’ Pub,” both waitresses say almost in unison to their separate customers. “What can we get you?”

As they await the orders, the front door opens yet again…
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

The young barkeep failed in relaying Zezzaka's question to the old barkeep before the older man got got busy with his duties. She gave the youth a dissapointed and annoyed glare. Giving a speculative, them ultimately unimpressed, look to the rotund bearman in a gi, Zezzaka steps closer to the old barkeep, perhaps a little close to the odd dwarf but she seemed unconcerned with the proximity*.

In precisely the same inflection she addresses the older barkeep, "Excuse me," she says, "Have you heard of Prestark the Mighty?"#

* Berend's eye could see no weapons on her but a pouch at her belt did seem to bulge with it's circular contents.
# I'm hearing her accent as a slight Indian lilt with crisp diction.
"Something pithy this way comes."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:22 pm The young barkeep failed in relaying Zezzaka's question to the old barkeep before the older man got got busy with his duties. She gave the youth a dissapointed and annoyed glare. Giving a speculative, them ultimately unimpressed, look to the rotund bearman in a gi, Zezzaka steps closer to the old barkeep, perhaps a little close to the odd dwarf but she seemed unconcerned with the proximity*.

In precisely the same inflection she addresses the older barkeep, "Excuse me," she says, "Have you heard of Prestark the Mighty?"#

* Berend's eye could see no weapons on her but a pouch at her belt did seem to bulge with it's circular contents.
# I'm hearing her accent as a slight Indian lilt with crisp diction.
BEREND TALNOTH

Giving a ounce over to the Vedalkan,Berend noted the lack of weaponry on both her. "Unarmed fighter or caster mayhaps." he thought to himself as he turned to the Vedalkan and said(after briefly removing his Cigar to take a swig of ale)
"Why you looking for Old Prestark fer?If it's a fight you brewing fer,he ain't fought fer....around three year now,whut since busting his kneecap tripping over his stupid cat's at his home..."**

**For Berend's Accent,i see it as more along the lines of Thorin Oakenshield's from The Hobbit movies but slightly thicker.