Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Going on Hiatus

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 1: The Adventure begins at the beginning

Post by Flynnarrel »

Zezzaka listens with a laser focus, clearly interested. “But which one requires you wield a sword?”
"Something pithy this way comes."
Thorpocalypse

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 1: The Adventure begins at the beginning

Post by Thorpocalypse »

GM Talk: You can continue your conversation about Shokan/Goliath gods on the road. Let's boogie!

*The camera does a pull away shot of Percilis’ Pub as the conversation between Zezzala and Ankara continues, Tae-Phoon continues his drunken singing and the elf, Tal’endir, shakes his head and takes in the situation as he ponders joining in the endeavor.*

End of Part 1

--

Part 2 - The Road to Millford

*The next scene opens with a close up of Tae-Phoon passed out on the bar table. It moves to a wide shot of Percilis and his family cleaning around him while Berend and the rest of the party make their final preparations to head out with Jonas and his crew.*

For those of you that slept in the rooms, Jonas Wheelwright came banging on your door at the crack of dawn to tell you its time to move out. After you perform whatever morning routine you have and get your gear together you head downstairs to find Percilis already at the bar. And your pandafolk compatriot snoring as he slept sprawled out on a table.

Berend, you also see that Percilis’ wife and daughters have put together meal packages of bread and cured meats for each of you, probably enough to last for 3 days. Except maybe for Tae-Phoon. Before you can say thanks, Percilis says, “Enjoy. We had too much in stock right now with the lack of business and I’d rather it go to you all than sit here and rot.” He smiles and extends his hand to you. “Just keep my buddy alive, will ya? After he gets done in Millford, I need him to get a keg to Darrax to settle an old debt. If they don’t get it, I might need to hire you to protect my fat ass!”

As you head outside, you see Jonas, Mads, Ilona, Lena, Jarki and the other drivers securing the wagons and making final preparations for leaving. Jarki is a well-built middle-aged half-orc in leather armor covered by a thick fur coat. He eyes you all up and down before saying to Lena, “I stand corrected,” he says in a deep gravelly voice. “I really thought you were kidding. This is going to be fun after all.” He smiles and nods at you and continues his work.

The morning is cold, probably high 30’s, but clear, with few clouds and lots of sunshine. “Well, if nothing else, looks like you all might be good luck,” Jonas says, climbing onto his wagon. “This is about the best weather we’ve had since we started. You all ready to go?”

GM Talk: If anyone has any last minute things to take care of, now’s the time. If not, tell me where you’re going to be and we’ll move this wagon train along.

Oh, and someone should probably wake Tae-Phoon. ;)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Tae-Phoon
HP:1 Chi:11/11
Condition: Not as hungover as he should be.

Tae-Phoon's snoring is interuppted by a loud snort and then a THUD as he accidentally rolls off the table. He sits up with a mighty yawn and a smack of his lips. "Huh, morning already? Since it looks like we're heading out, I'm assuming that means we don't have time for a hot breakfast. Barkeep an ale and some breakfast for the road please. I need to clear my head and return my soul to my body." He says with a smile as he starts gathering up his things.

"Also if you would be so kind as to fill up my wineskin it would be much appreciated." As he gives a conspiratorial wink and slides some coins forward to pay for the order. "I must say I've been to a lot of bars and a lot of inns, but your's is one of the finest. Hopefully I'll get to visit it again."
Formerly luketheduke86
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:37 pm Part 2 - The Road to Millford

*The next scene opens with a close up of Tae-Phoon passed out on the bar table. It moves to a wide shot of Percilis and his family cleaning around him while Berend and the rest of the party make their final preparations to head out with Jonas and his crew.*

For those of you that slept in the rooms, Jonas Wheelwright came banging on your door at the crack of dawn to tell you its time to move out. After you perform whatever morning routine you have and get your gear together you head downstairs to find Percilis already at the bar. And your pandafolk compatriot snoring as he slept sprawled out on a table.

Berend, you also see that Percilis’ wife and daughters have put together meal packages of bread and cured meats for each of you, probably enough to last for 3 days. Except maybe for Tae-Phoon. Before you can say thanks, Percilis says, “Enjoy. We had too much in stock right now with the lack of business and I’d rather it go to you all than sit here and rot.” He smiles and extends his hand to you. “Just keep my buddy alive, will ya? After he gets done in Millford, I need him to get a keg to Darrax to settle an old debt. If they don’t get it, I might need to hire you to protect my fat ass!”
BEREND TALNOTH
HP- 2 Condition-Normal

From the Journal of Lyrianna Talnoth,Noble ward of Berend Talnoth -19th of Saiex
My father,as much as he would refuse to admit to it,liked the he conscripted at Percilis Pub.Even Khu-Amon grew on him after a while.From what he and the other have told me since,the 'Wheelwright Travels'(As i have written of elsewhere) started off rather intrestingly....

Berend had woke up about the same time as Jonas and his crew did(he could never sleep well while he was away from home),taking his usual libation's and went down to eat,ready to go.When the old Dwarf saw what Percili's wife &daughters were doing,he moved to say something,but got cut-off by the owner.

Giving a smile to his old friend,Berend took the outstretched hand as he said
"I'll do everything mortally able ta keep him alive,ye know that.Just be safe with you&yours.Next time i'm by,i'll introduce your son ta me adopted daughter Lyrianna an' see whut comes of it...."
after the brief conversation,Berend will either help then set-up for travel or ride in the lead Wagon...
Supernaturalist

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 2: The Road to Millford

Post by Supernaturalist »

Khu-Amon
Character @ http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/vi ... 711#p59711
HP:3
Condition: Normal

Like most middle-aged men, Khu-Amon's sleep is broken up by several trips to the chamber-pot. Nevertheless, he gets his best night of sleep in many weeks. Though still in bed when Wheelwright makes his rounds, the wizard is awake with his mind racing about the issues of the coming day.

A creature of routine, he makes his bed neatly and says a well-rehearsed ritual prayer to Kefnet before double-checking his traveler's-pack. His room - for the most part - is warm, but he feels the cold of the early spring morning when he passes the closed shutters of his room window.

This wizards-robe will not be enough. I'll need a half-cloak or men's-shawl if I'm to bear the cold of this northern land.

After leaving his room for the pub, he starts his morning with some hot tea, cheese, bread, and fruit. Saving a large red apple for last, he polishes it up while speaking to Percilis one last time, "It's been a pleasure, Good Man, your establishment is truly an oasis in a wilderness. Before I take leave, is there a tailor or raiment-merchant nearby? I'm rather ill-prepared for the cool of your climate; my demeanor would be much improved if I could find a solid shawl to layer myself."

Finally, he thanks Percilis and his family for the meal-packages before walking out into the cold, morning air.

I only pray the women in this land are not as frigid as the weather.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Lena moved around the wagons, helping out where she could- a careful observer would note that she stayed well away from the draft animals which would pull the wagons, and she hardly spoke at all. From time to time, especially when working with Jarki, her hands would flicker in simple gestures- the half-orc tended to respond with grunts or even simpler gestures.

Once it looked like the loading was complete and the wagon train was getting ready to roll, Lena took off her heavy outer cloak, revealing a solid jacket of leather and wool. She pulled up her hood and drew a scarf across the lower half of her face, then trotted over to the last wagon and took out a bow case and a large, capped quiver. Checking the bow carefully and taking two arrows in her off hand, she gave Master Wheelwright a quick salute and jogged off out of the inn yard, headed down the trail as an advance scout.

>OOC: Ready. Lena will take the forward scouting role, ahead of the first wagon and generally just at the edge of sight for the driver (50 yards or so, more in open country, down to about 20-30 yards if the trail is twisty or otherwise tricky. Staying to the side of the road, as ground cover/underbrush allows.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

L-Space wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:52 pm Tae-Phoon
HP:1 Chi:11/11
Condition: Not as hungover as he should be.

Tae-Phoon's snoring is interuppted by a loud snort and then a THUD as he accidentally rolls off the table. He sits up with a mighty yawn and a smack of his lips. "Huh, morning already? Since it looks like we're heading out, I'm assuming that means we don't have time for a hot breakfast. Barkeep an ale and some breakfast for the road please. I need to clear my head and return my soul to my body." He says with a smile as he starts gathering up his things.

"Also if you would be so kind as to fill up my wineskin it would be much appreciated." As he gives a conspiratorial wink and slides some coins forward to pay for the order. "I must say I've been to a lot of bars and a lot of inns, but your's is one of the finest. Hopefully I'll get to visit it again."
"I was thinking you might need a little hair of the dog, Master Tae-Phoon," Percilis says and he brings a freshly poured ale over to the monk. "I also took the liberty of making you a more...substantial package for the road." He scoops up the coins. "And I thank you for your generosity and the entertainment last night! I look forward to your return good sir!"
MacynSnow wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:13 am
BEREND TALNOTH
HP- 2 Condition-Normal

Giving a smile to his old friend,Berend took the outstretched hand as he said
"I'll do everything mortally able ta keep him alive,ye know that.Just be safe with you&yours.Next time i'm by,i'll introduce your son ta me adopted daughter Lyrianna an' see whut comes of it...."
after the brief conversation,Berend will either help then set-up for travel or ride in the lead Wagon...
Percilis bends slightly and give a firm handshake to the dwarf. "Good thing Parvan's not around or he'd be blushing like an idiot. Bring her by, Master Dwarf and mayhaps love will bloom!" he laughs.

GM Talk: The rest of the crew pretty much has the travel prep done so you can take a place next to Jonas in the lead wagon.
Supernaturalist wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:43 am Khu-Amon
Character @ http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/vi ... 711#p59711
HP:3
Condition: Normal

This wizards-robe will not be enough. I'll need a half-cloak or men's-shawl if I'm to bear the cold of this northern land.

After leaving his room for the pub, he starts his morning with some hot tea, cheese, bread, and fruit. Saving a large red apple for last, he polishes it up while speaking to Percilis one last time, "It's been a pleasure, Good Man, your establishment is truly an oasis in a wilderness. Before I take leave, is there a tailor or raiment-merchant nearby? I'm rather ill-prepared for the cool of your climate; my demeanor would be much improved if I could find a solid shawl to layer myself."

Finally, he thanks Percilis and his family for the meal-packages before walking out into the cold, morning air.

I only pray the women in this land are not as frigid as the weather.
Percilis eyes the wizard up and down for a second, then says, "Well, we do have a fine seamstress in town but I doubt old lady Landsby has got her creaky bones moving this early. But fortunately for you..."

He goes back to the storage area for a couple of minutes then returns with a brown fur coat that looks like it might fit. "We have lots of travelers past through and some of them 'enjoy' themselves so much they often become forgetful and leave all sorts of things behind. Sometimes they come back, most of the time they don't. So we have a pretty good sized lost-and-found collection. Heck, one time Trindi get herself a 50 gp 'tip' from a customer who had to leave in hurry, if you know what I mean..."

"I figure this might help keep the cold off you. If it helps you do your job better, that's payment enough for me."
pathfinderq1 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:38 pm Checking the bow carefully and taking two arrows in her off hand, she gave Master Wheelwright a quick salute and jogged off out of the inn yard, headed down the trail as an advance scout.

>OOC: Ready. Lena will take the forward scouting role, ahead of the first wagon and generally just at the edge of sight for the driver (50 yards or so, more in open country, down to about 20-30 yards if the trail is twisty or otherwise tricky. Staying to the side of the road, as ground cover/underbrush allows.
GM Talk: Duly noted, thank you. Get your Perception check e-dice warmed up. ;)
Ghost of Krypton

Post by Ghost of Krypton »

Tal'endir, Favored Son of Corellon Larethian
Hero Points: 1 of 1
Conditions: None.

Tal'endir, as a Qel'Tessir, did not sleep as one of the younger races might, there was no need. Instead the Qel'Tessir would retreat, within their minds, to the memories of days gone past, to their last retreat, or reverie as they called it. By doing so they committed their experiences, their memories, to their core able to recall with but a moments recollection events that had transpired decades, or even centuries prior. And so it was that Tal'endir, after disentangling himself from the Vadelken's discussion regarding the nature of healing and faith, to observe the common room and the happenings of the night, however, as the fires dimmed to coals, he had slipped from the common room, and walked through the paths and byways of the forest, oblivious to the chill of the crisp, spring night, had secured a dry spot beneath a poplar tree, and entered his reverie.

He exited his trance like state, the sky brightening in the east, he moved to a clearing as was his mornings ritual, and watched as the sun rose through the clouds, committing the exact details to memory. The splash of rose hues, the striations of the clouds which drifted lazily across the Smarch skies, the hint of stars, losing their brilliance as the sun's wash caused them to dim from vision. He smiled, a sunrise, the sign of creation, a reflection of the light of the creator and it's victory over chaos and darkness.

And it was in that time that he came to a decision, he turned purposefully from his meditations, and moved back towards Thorpe, quickly, quietly, and with haste matched only by his Arvan'Qessir cousins, the wood elves.

As he approached Percilis' Pub and Wheelwright's caravan, he slowed, noting the hooded woman from yesterday evening, worn leathers, woolen padding, in brown and grey, light, flexible and well used. He noted her well before she could see him, a professional, cautious, wary, attentive, attributes which he could appreciate, even admire, he searched his recollection for a name, Lena.

He stepped lightly into the road, and approached her in full view, he moved briskly, yet not at a pace that would indicate he was fleeing a threat, nor approaching a skirmish. He inclined his head as he spoke, pulling back his embroidered blue hood, "Tal'endir of Isilme Duin, favored son of House Kerym, Warden-Aspirant of Ary'Vhelar, blessings of Anvaelar & Anilaya upon you." While his face did not smile, his words were warm, hospitable, and offered in the spirit of companionship, "I find myself travelling the road 'twix Thorpe & Millford, I have news which must be shared with kin in those parts." As he spoke, he withdrew a bow from a silken cloth and began to string it, it seemed, to the untrained eye, more a work of art than a weapon of war, with graven script in the flowing language of the Qel'Tessir. Crafted from the finest of wood born of the Ary'Vehlar forest, polished and worn smooth it seemed to glow in the morning light, "It seems we share a road, and a desire to move ahead of the din and droves behind."
OOC: Tal's skills are best served by acting as scout, and as such he'll likely be travelling ahead keeping pace with Lena, likely the opposite side of the road, less concerned with his companions, and sight lines to the caravan itself.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

If Lena was surprised to see the elf moving towards her on the road, she certainly didn't show it. Her pace was relaxed and easy, and she did not raise the bow she carried, nor even set an arrow to string. In fact, as she came closer, it looked as if she was going to stride right on past the elf- it was only as she came within an arm's reach that she slowed to a stop. She did not make nearly as much noise as Tal'endir was expecting.

She looked him over, and gave a polite nod as he finished his introduction- but after the briefest glance she switched her gaze back to the trail ahead. When she spoke, her voice was soft and retained it's rough edge- and while she spoke in elven, it sounded very much as if she had learned the language by rote (and certainly not directly from an elf). "That is a very lovely bow you carry, honored elder, and another set of sharp eyes will be a welcome help upon the road." She glanced back towards the wagons, and waved one hand over her head, so the driver could see.

"With that said..." she continued, switching back to the common tongue. "You make more noise in the woods than I like, and there is nothing natural within six month's walk that shares the blue you wear openly. You make yourself a target- and all of us with you. I REALLY hope you can shoot." Her voice, despite it slight roughness, holds neither malice nor warmth- and it certainly does not escape Tal'endir's notice that she has offered no introduction of her own.

And without another word, she sets off again, headed down the trail.

>OOC: Lena has noticed that you aren't trained in Stealth. Don't take it personally- rough around the edges doesn't even begin to describe her social graces- and at least she didn't threaten to kill YOU. Now who hasn't she ticked off yet...
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"If his blue disqualifies him," Zezzaka's voice comes from above a second before the sleight woman lands on the road ahead, lighter than a molted feather's touch upon the ground, "then the dawn colors of my robes would be a definite 'No' on the scouting department." she concludes. The nearest tree limb is 15 feet away and very high up. Something was definitely not normal about the blue-skinned, shaven-headed monk.

"I'll just go back to the carts then."

'Much bad.' two of her hands sign to Lena. 'I eager to practice Signing.' she signals in the trailwarden's silent language.

[Zezzaka's +4stealth vs. Lena's +7perc means she totally could have spotted the monk but it was a nearer thing.]
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Lena slowed to a stop again, and glanced over at the spindly-looking woman (?)- she listened to what the vedalken said, but at the gestures she cocked her head i apparent confusion. She held one hand palm down for the briefest instant- 'wait' or 'slow down', most likely. Then pointed to her own eyes, at the vedalken, at her eyes (or head?) and made a sweeping circular gesture that ended up pointed back towards the wagons.

In common speech, she clarified. "We still need a sharp set of eyes on the back of the caravan- Kari's good, but he will be busy, and bandits can be sneaky. If you're riding on the last wagon, it doesn't matter what you're wearing- it's enough that you can spot a thinks-he's-clever bandit then sing out."

And again, without another word, she started back down the trail...
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Zezzaka nodded. "Come Master Favored Son, we can blind the bandits with color back at the carts. I'm glad you can join us. Have you given any more thought to healing an old knee injury, even temporarily? You were uncertain when we last spoke of it."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Flynnarrel wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:27 am Zezzaka listens with a laser focus, clearly interested. “But which one requires you wield a sword?”
Ankara glowers a bit. She doesn't like this subject. "It was a union between some of the Shokan Gods, and those of the Goliaths. My mother and father's people typically did not interbreed. The Gods found me 'interesting', and decided to make an experiment of me. Apparently my Sword is to represent something- 'Heroes' and 'Paragons' must wield such weapons. I suppose it must have some unlocked powers or somesuch thing."

When the wagon train begins moving, Ankara offers to bring up the rear of things, as a final stand against threats. "Millford? That name sounds familiar. I remember the males in my family constantly suggesting how much fun it would be to be inside there. Or something like that?" She can't remember- the sounds of the Shokan males snickering always made her curious.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Zezzaka nods from her place, also in the last cart, at her impromptu religious lesson. It sounded like if all the Gods were of various unarmed maneuvers being forced to fight with a sword would be a punishment no matter how they presented it to her with bard words like 'hero'.

The four-armed monk was not of a rank where she could take students officially, but perhaps some rudimentary introduction into the Path of the Brilliant Dawn could occur.

"I believe it is because it hosts a rustic dance known as a 'hoedown'. Yes, I have heard of a hoedown in Milford that men like." Zezzaka replies.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

*The camera moves to a wide shot of the caravan and then move in to a full shot of Lena, then Tal’endir and then the first wagon, with Jonas and Berend in the front and Tae-Phoon eating his breakfast from the back. Then the camera pans to the second wagon with Mads, then to the third wagon with Ilona warily eying Khu-Amon. Then it moves to the fourth wagon with Garek and then to the last wagon with Ankara in the front with driver Vendaris and Zezzala sitting in lotus style on the top of the covered goods. It ends with a medium shot of Jarki walking behind the last wagon, surveying the whole scene and repeating, “Yep. This is definitely going to be fun…”

The soundtrack begins to play an orchestral theme with a familiar tune to it...

You’re off on the Road to Millford…*

GM Talk: As an FYI, for ease of calculating movement should an encounter occur, the wagons will be 10 ft across (BIG wagons they are) and 15 ft long. The road is 15 ft wide. We'll say they are staying around 10-15 ft of each as they travel.

The trip to Millford begins with promising weather. By late morning, the temperature moves into the mid-40’s with bright sunshine, making the temperature feel much warmer as you travel. For any of you that are not familiar with Millford, Berend and the drivers can tell you that it’s about 200-250 people and unlike the other settlements in the area, Millford is not primarily a farming community, or a trading hub like Darrax or Iredell. Millford is known for having the best breweries and wineries in the area. People come from miles around to sample and purchase their liquors. Tae-Phoon perks up at the news…

A major brewer is running dangerously low on hops and other brewing materials and Jonas was able to procure what they needed. He has a deal with them get them the supplies so that they can be ready for spring beer fest at the end of Smarch. But he has a competitor that will also be in town shortly, so he knows if doesn’t get there first, he’ll probably lose the deal.

The road and terrain along the road is pretty flat, with only a few significant hills and only a couple of bridges to cross along the way. With spring still a week or so away, while there are lots of trees and bushes along the road, most have no leaves. So there is not as much natural cover as there will be in warmer weather but there are patches of evergreens that could provide significant cover if need be.

Travel is slower than normal because of the muddy roads and the sun may be making it worse by melting some of the frozen mud, causing the road to be even more soupy in spots. There are a handful of delays with a wagon or two occasionally getting stuck in the deep ruts left by other wagons that have passed recently and a couple of extra stops are needed to rest the horses who have had to work hard to pull the wagons through the mud.

Other than that, the first morning and early-midafternoon pass without incident and Jonas is pretty satisfied with the caravan’s progress so far.

GM Talk: If you would like RP some conversations had during the trip, proceed. If you’re asking anything of the NPCs, I will respond as soon as I can but as I noted in the OOC thread, I’m going to be short on time this weekend.

And now, players, get ready to roll…

Tal, Lena give me some perception checks. Then…

Everyone give me Insight checks. And then…

Everyone give me Expertise [Survival] or Expertise [Nature] checks, even if you’re not trained. Berend, you get +2 for familiarity with the area. This is for potential camping location as it will be time to do so shortly.