The Eight (Arrowverse series), Behind The Scenes

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Miracle

Re: The Eight (Arrowverse series), Behind The Scenes

Post by Miracle »

All right, that's everyone. I hope I got everything right. Or at least didn't do anyone wrong!
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Miracle, your doing fine. It takes a while to learn what works for you as a storyteller. Even a much practiced GM will continue to find ways to improve their craft. There are at least three other players in this game more than willing give advice if at any time you feel you need it and also willing to go with the flow of the game as you feel your way around the setting. Your concept is rock solid and we are just beginning. I suspect we are all going to enjoy the game once we get our groove.

PS: Paul Kirk is undercover in civilian clothes. I will almost always refer to him as Paul Kirk in civilian identity and as Manhunter when performing in his hero attire.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Yup, i'm not trying to beat myself up here. Thank you for your advice, everyone!
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

I do see a potential hiccup though... and it has more to do with schedule than anything else... you and I are on opposite sides of a schedule... I do OOC posts on weekends and try to keep up, but weekends are family time and I am limited in ability to concentrate IC and post in the format that I want...

I am here, plan to continue because, as Starguard said, the concept is rock solid and the group is intriguing...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Melody Hall

Semi-popular modern jazz singer.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Was that for the nameless songbird? or are you making an NPC yourself? Either way here's some more visuals for characters!

Jack Ryder (played by Randy Orton)

Cindy (played by Alex Steele, Rose is currently inhabiting)

As of now, unamed big guy in a suit (played by Hafþór Björnsson, because I can't find a decent picture of this guy wearing a suit)
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Part of initial character generation. Just found a picture I liked. Kirk looks like a man in his early thirties. Melody is a young twenty-something.
StarGuard wrote:Image
Manhunter
aka Paul Kirk

- Paul is currently dating Melody Hall, sister of McKenna Hall (Season 1). McKenna is now a CCPD detective.

- Paul Kirk and Oliver Queen know each other. Manhunter and the Hood knew each other. Neither know the other's secret identity.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

So, now that the venue has changed, how did Paul get in? I'm guessing he knows someone on the inside?
ZenGypsy

Post by ZenGypsy »

I think it may be easier to say that there is a private club that operates out of Le Petit Mort, after all it's easier to hide in a crowd.

Any one can get past the security, assuming they are dressed, and act appropriately, but the real dealings go on behind closed doors.

Making Petit Mort a front for something greater, rather than the seat of it's power.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Miracle wrote:So, now that the venue has changed, how did Paul get in? I'm guessing he knows someone on the inside?
Advantages: ... Benefit (3: Millionaire), Contacts
Combined ... that could equal club membership ;) (if you're okay with that :)
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Sure, I'll PM you about membership!
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Question (for Miracle and/or Jemal) please before I respond for Paul. Lily has the Attractive Advantage. Would that make her a unusually good looking / popular erotic dancer? It would be a determining factor to whether someone like Manhunter/Paul Kirk millionaire bounty hunter may have seen Lilly perform during a previous investigation or stakeout. On the reverse of that. While Paul doesn't seek out the cameras aka Dog the bounty hunter, neither does he (suspiciously) try and avoid them either. Think Leonard Padilla, but with real style :)
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

While superheroes tend to be a fairly good-looking lot, this advantage is generally reserved for characters with particularly impressive looks.
So maybe Attractive is your regular model and Attractive 2 is your supermodel? Or would it be more like Attractive is supermodel, Attractive 2 is otherworldly?

Personally I think Attractive is kind of subjective, but the Advantage seem to say that you can use your good looks on anyone.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Yah the subjectivity of this kind of Advantage is why I asked Jemal to pipe up also. He might have had a different perspective when developing the character.

To me ... Attractive 1 represents those individuals who are true snap neck head turners on the physical level. Attractive 2, is something deeper that stirs you to want to be liked, to please, this person. Not all attractive people are leaders and not all leaders are attractive but someone with Attractive 2 has a great foundation to being a very persuasive person ie John Kennedy , Bill Clinton (before eight years of presidency and debauchery ;) ). Points were slim for Paul or he would have one level of Attractive and Luck already. (Maybe those can be Season Two performance and wardrobe upgrades lol)
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Fun fact: the body Rose/Jericho is inhabiting was going to be Cindy Reynolds, also known as Gypsy, for an obscure cameo. But apparently news has broken about her being on Flash this season. I'm kinda psychic, I guess :P