[Recruiting]M&M2e/Swords’n’superpowers!

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Hoid

[Recruiting]M&M2e/Swords’n’superpowers!

Post by Hoid »

Well, people: I am recovering from pneumonia. It sucked pretty bad, pneumonia. And while I am recovering, talking causes intense coughing-fits. I haven’t gamed in nearly three weeks.

With that in mind, I’d love to give PbP gaming another go.

The campaign will be M&M 2nd Edition.

It will be set in Earth-B AND Perpendicular-2 of my Forever Tree setting. (See my signature for the relevant links.) This means, of course, no magic or the supernatural. Everything must be explainable by the wonky rubber-band comic book version of ‘science’. This does not mean your character must be tech-based, however.

PCs must be PL10/150pp. PCs must be from Earth-B. They need not be mutants, however, as non-mutant superhumans do exist. Exotics, for instance, are found everywhere throughout the Forever Tree: basically, an Exotic is a ‘one-of-a-kind’ superhuman, fitting into no category but their own.

The following types of mutants, however, are not available as PCs (for a variety of reasons):
* Hulkbeasts.
* Leafs.
* New Kaiju.
* Olympians.

Furthermore, you may not play aliens or robots. Alien/human hybrids are ok, as are cyborgs, but, considering the existence of both Sentries and Thralls, PC cyborgs will be the butt of a lot of flak from mutants.

You would be playing Hegemonic characters from the North American continent, attending a college for mutants and other superhumans. Thus, PCs will be young adults, not teenagers. The college, name still pending, is run by the government and works to churn out patriotic superheroes loyal to the Hegemony. Your characters would therefore be students seeking to graduate into ‘legitimate’ superheroics.

The Mutation Wars have been over for three decades or so. It is unlikely your PCs lived through any of it. However, you’d be surrounded by people who did, and the stories they tell are pretty awful.

Perpendicular-2 will play a major role in this game, but the campaign will start on Earth-B and all PCs must be from Earth-B. Your characters do not necessarily know a multiverse exists.

Themes to be explored are:
* The constant threat posed by The Purity. The setting will begin on the edge of a Second Mutation War.
* The drama of being a young college student.
* How a war as devastating as the Mutation Wars leaves a mark on people and the planet itself only centuries of time can heal.
* A much deeper exploration of how superhumans would affect ‘the real world’. Furthermore: a reversed X-Men situation, where mutants and other superpowered people run the show, and mundane people are the oppressed.
* Regular superheroes, later on in the campaign, being exposed to a setting of savagery and sword’n’sandal faux fantasy.

To remind you: this is for M&M 2nd Edition! THIS IS NOT AN M&M THIRD EDITION GAME! This is for M&M2e, not 3e.
Last edited by Hoid on Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Hoid

Re: [Recruiting]Swords’n’superpowers!

Post by Hoid »

Oh. I’m looking for somewhere between four to six players. We need at least one telepath, able to communicate across the language barrier.
Last edited by Hoid on Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hoid

Re: [Recruiting]Swords’n’superpowers!

Post by Hoid »

....or would everyone rather play high school students, instead of college students? The whole ‘Xavier’s School for Gifted Youth’ is a majorly popular concept.
Hoid

Re: [Recruiting]M&M2e/Swords’n’superpowers!

Post by Hoid »

Bump!
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

”Lo, and so it was decided by He Who would be Gamemaster that this thread, alone and forlorn, would receive two bumps. If no one came, then the man who would be Gamemaster shall invoke the holy ritual of ‘I shall try again later’.

And there was weeping and gnashing teeth across the whole of the land.”

Bump.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Hi! I have no clue what you're talking about and I've never really understood 2E, but sounds like fun!
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Spectrum wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:49 am Hi! I have no clue what you're talking about and I've never really understood 2E, but sounds like fun!
I was being cheeky. LOL Basically, it’s pretty clear to me this is dead in the water, so I thought I’d give it one more bump before declaring it DOA. I’m ok, though, I had an idea this thing’d sink, what with 3e being the system of choice.

Onward to...yet another attempt down the line, months from now! Huzzah!
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Sorry. I'd be willing to do 2E except that I just had to drop out of two other games I was in due to difficulty getting to posting.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:27 pm Sorry. I'd be willing to do 2E except that I just had to drop out of two other games I was in due to difficulty getting to posting.
S’ok! I’m about to declare this thing dead. But, I’ll just try again, later! (Not with this particular concept, but definite 2e with the Forever Tree setting.)

Onwards and upwards!
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Okeydokey. I hereby declare the thread...closed.

I’ll just try again later, with a different 2e MnM Forever Tree campaign idea!