Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Ghost of Krypton

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)

Post by Ghost of Krypton »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:28 amBLINDSPOT: Okay, so a Weapon-Using guy now- that's solid. What's the "Internal Translocation" part? The Affliction? If it's Impairing & Disabling Toughness, wouldn't Weaken work a bit better? That power's more or less designed to do that, I think. Though I see you've put "Instant Recovery" on it, so it's more like... reducing Toughness temporarily, just for his attack? It's a bit odd, but as it's only four ranks, it's not exactly a game-breaker, lol.

And... he has multiple options for an Extra to the Discs, then? Multiattack, Alternate Resistance, or Indirect/Extra Range? And a Teleport that looks more like my "Fighting Game" builds than Team Teleporter stuff.

It all comes together in an interesting way- Lower damage, but higher accuracy and a bit inventive with the way it works.

I don't see his attack stats listed, but I'm seeing... +12 Accuracy (thought it was +8, but saw Ranged Attack- I usually combine everything together for Skills), and +4 Ranged Damage, linked to +4 Affliction? So he'd only be PL 6 with those? Wouldn't the Accurate Advantage in the one extra make him PL 9 then?
The idea is that his Phased Plasma Discs are paired weapons as in the picture, you'll note that they have homing, imagine them similar to boomerangs, but add in some GPS circuitry so they return to where he IS, rather than where he WAS. Now, every slot in his array are linked TO the Thrown Damage, so the initial slot [Affliction + Alt Save] modify his Throwing Disc, he teleports it INTO the target, something that should likely be considered lethal against a living target, but really good at robots, zombies, and such.

The second slot, Multiattack + Indirect 4 is him rapid fire teleporting and throwing the disc at a target from every imaginable angle, then teleporting catching them and throwing them again! The Whitehouse scene from XMen 2 with a plasma frisbee instead of martial arts attacks.

The third slot, with it's increased range, modifies the damage which is already ranged to Perception Range, and adds Indirect as well, representing him teleporting the disc across intervening distance to hit you in the back of the head. No roll needed, just eat damage, now it's only effect 4, so it's not great, but it lets him make impossible shots, easily. On 2nd thought given the limited range of his teleport, Perception range isn't very intuitive, I'll switch that slot to Penetrating 4, + Indirect 4, represent a barrage of shots on the same spot to bypass Impervious Toughness.

You are correct, with Ranged Combat 4, and 8 ranks of Ranged Combat: Plasma Discs, he's +12 to attack. +4 Effect value against either Fortitude for the Internal Telelocation, or +4 effect vs Toughness with the other two slots.

Now as far as weaken vs Affliction, you let me know which you prefer, and I will build it that way, but the lowered Toughness should only affect the target during the round it hits him. It's why I went with affliction & instant recovery.

The discs are also bought as Removable, because of their ability to return to his hand when thrown.

Hopefully that answers you questions, but if there are concerns I hope to be able to address them.
Ken

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting Till July 26th

Post by Ken »

MacynSnow wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:43 am Given the Thundering Horde that's showed(along with the Glutt of Bricks),it pains me to have to bow out of Contention.... :cry: :cry:
What glut?

I was looking forward to having the 79" tall and 59" tall strongmen compare and contrast.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Camus

Post by Camus »

Don't forget your reflecting toughness shifted buddy. Probably immune to alcohol all together
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Camus wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:38 am Don't forget your reflecting toughness shifted buddy. Probably immune to alcohol all together
Nothing on the sheet leads me to believe this to be accurate. He's as prone to inebriation as anyone with a decent fortitude. :lol:
Camus

Post by Camus »

EpicEclipse wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:11 pm
Camus wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:38 am Don't forget your reflecting toughness shifted buddy. Probably immune to alcohol all together
Nothing on the sheet leads me to believe this to be accurate. He's as prone to inebriation as anyone with a decent fortitude. :lol:
True, I always confuse toughness with fortitude. At least he will not feel anything when he hits the sidewalk with his head =P
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Okay, just pitching a more full-fledged concept here before I start building...

Basic idea is: a child is born heavily handicapped, barely able to move due to some congenital condition. However, the brain inside is working very fine and the mind quite acute. The parents, scientists or friends with scientists, find a way to allow their child to enhance his mind and overcome his physical limitations...by creating an astral projection that also serves as a semi-corporeal anchor for his senses and developing psychic powers - which mostly consist of telekinesis, some mind reading and some super-sensory abilities.

I would mostly use the fact that its a projection as a complication, with Immortality reflecting the time it would take to recreate the projection should it be destroyed and afflictions affecting the body by biofeedback.

How's that sound?
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

HELIX(James Crow Horse)
PL 8 (150)

STRENGTH 3 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

SKILLS:
Acrobatics. 1 (+7)
Athletics. 4 (+7)
Deception. 1 ( +4)
Expertise (Marine) 2 (+5)
Expertise (Apache) 2 (+5)
Insight. 1 (+3)
Intimidation. 4 (+7)
Perception. 5 (+7)
Stealth. 1 (+7)
Vehicles. 1 (+4)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit: Wealth(1), Die hard, Improved Disarm, Improved initiative,Improved Smash, Improved Trip, Interpose, Power attack, Ranged attack 7, Teamwork

POWERS
"Telekinesis"
"Multi-grab" Snare 8 (Extras: Area- Shapeable) (Flaws: Touch Range) (24) --[29]
AE: Move Object 8 (Feats: Precise) (17)
AE: "TK Burst" Blast 8 (16)
AE: Snare 8 (24)
AE: "Lie Detector" Enhanced Skills 8: Insight 8 (Flaws:Limited to Touching With Tendril) (2)
AE: Force Field +0 (Feats: Increased Mass 3) (Extras: Affects Others, Impervious) (17)

Flight 6 (120mph) [12]
Force Field 7 [7]

OFFENSE:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
TK Burst +11 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Snare +10 (+8 Ranged Affliction, DC 18)
Multi-grab +8 area (+ 8 affliction,DC 18)
Initiative +7

DEFENSES: Dodge +8, Parry +8, Fortitude +8, Toughness +3(+10 force field, +4 Impervious) , Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Relationship: Walter ( Grand-father ): After the death of his parents, James was raised by his paternal Grandfather. He is fiercely protective and loyal to him.
Responsibility: (Apache Heritage) James is a proud Apache and wants to be a good example to his people.
Curiosity: James doesn't know who changed him or why. It is a mystery that he wants to unravel.
Relationships: Several, thought nothing recently.

TOTAL: Abilities: 62 / Skills:22 -- 11 / Advantages: 16 / Powers: 48 / Defenses: 13

HISTORY: James has spent the majority of his life on the Camp Verde Reservation in Arizona, except for his time in The Marines. He was raised by his Paternal Grand-Father after his parents were killed in a car accident when he was 12. He is a proud member of the Yavapai-Apache Nation. He joined the Marines at 17 and rose to the rank of Sargent (E-5) before his enlistment ended. He elected to not re-enlist when his Grandfathers health worsened in his final year of enlistment. He moved home and began pursuing an engineering degree. He was enjoying a break from school and decided to camp out in the area outside the Reservation. It was late in the evening when he was blinded by a light from overhead, and the next thing he remembers, it was two days later. He quickly realized that he had been changed, but by whom and why he has no idea. Walter told him some things you can't know it is part of "Wanka Takan" The Great mystery. But James remains curious, and still looks for clues relating to who changed him and for what reason.

"Why are you on the team?"James likes doing good, and he also misses the camaraderie he experienced when he served.

"Why might you have to be away": His Grandfather has fallen I'll.

"Why you might have to leave?": Whomever altered him may come and take him for some reason.

Alias: Helix
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 200 lbs.
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black (his hair falls to about the middle of his back)
Race: Human(Apache)
Languages: English and Apache(Due to his time in the Marines, he is also fluent in profanity)
Identity: Secret
Legal status: Citizen of U.S. with no criminal record. Member of the Yavapai-Apache Nation
Relatives: Walter ( paternal Grandfather), John (Father) deceased, Dawn [Rainfeather] (Mother) deceased.

Helix has a Black and Red mask that extends from nose to hairline. He wears two Eagle feathers in his hair.

Attachments
Helix.jpg
Helix.jpg (4.74 KiB) Viewed 693 times
20430034_1431431273576983_1765006813009463802_n.jpg
20430034_1431431273576983_1765006813009463802_n.jpg (26.99 KiB) Viewed 911 times
Last edited by Hawk on Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:27 am, edited 28 times in total.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

You really think you can have a piss up without me, cuz? You wanna hiding, bro? Yeah nah. Imma drink ya all under the bloody table, being a sailor and a Kiwi and has Fortitude 8...
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

Batgirl III wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:33 pm You really think you can have a piss up without me, cuz? You wanna hiding, bro? Yeah nah. Imma drink ya all under the bloody table, being a sailor and a Kiwi and has Fortitude 8...
Tachyon will take up the challenge and with her superspeed can drink a dozen pints of beer in a blink of an eye. :P
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Actually giving a quick skim through all the submissions, Dr. Mercury might have the best results, since she’s immune to poisons... :o
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Yojimbo

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)

Post by Yojimbo »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:08 am THESEUS: Interesting! The "Greek Heroes" had always gone largely unexplored in my mythos, so it's unique to have one of them kicking around. The "Eternal Warrior" thing is a good angle, and PL 8 befits those old heroes (great warriors, but they had to be CLEVER as much as skilled).

The "Pankration" thing is interesting.
I thought I would be safe using one of the heroes. Your Olympian pantheon was pretty focused on the gods. So I figured it was something you hadn't already covered, but also tied into an existing setting element.

I've made this guy in 2E and there he has a sword and shield, the latter of which can be thrown, and he ends up being more of a Captain America character. I didn't have the points (or possibly the 3E system mastery for that) so I settled on martial arts being his thing. Which ended up making him more like Wolverine, I think. All close combat, all the time.

Pankration, which you may already know, is an actual martial art used in the original Olympics. Supposedly it was co-invented by Theseus and Heracles. It uses wrestling holds and boxing moves, but also includes a lot of kicking and choke holds and stuff, so I think it works for a no-holds barred all-encompassing style of combat. This guy has probably Jeet Kune Do-ed the whole thing too, incorporating methods from around the world into his unique style (hence the +4 damage).
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Ken wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:59 am
MacynSnow wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:43 am Given the Thundering Horde that's showed(along with the Glutt of Bricks),it pains me to have to bow out of Contention.... :cry: :cry:
What glut?

I was looking forward to having the 79" tall and 59" tall strongmen compare and contrast.
Upon further review(and the fact Catsei's HU game has stalled out for some reason),i've decided to recind my earlier statement.So bring it on,Shorty-Shorts! :D
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"I'll pass on the drinks. No one wants a drunk tree." - Rosa.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

To maintain my sanity :? the submissions so far. Apologies if i've missed anyone:

1. Mako
2. Dr. Mercury
3. Mirror Man
4. Mustang
5. Tachyon
6. Blindspot
7. le Petit Hercule
8. Semilla
9. Helix
10.Thermal
11. Nightjar
12. Galactica
13. Theseus
14. Silver Witch
Last edited by Shadowmask on Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Shadowmask wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:58 pm To maintain my sanity :? the submissions so far. Apologies if i've missed anyone:

1. Mako
2. Dr. Mercury
3. Mirror Man
4. Mustang
5. Tachyon
6. Blindspot
7. le Petit Hercule
8. Semilla
9. Aeterna
10.Thermal
11. Nightjar
12. Galactica