Team Cerberus (OOC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Camus

Re: Team Cerberus (OOC)

Post by Camus »

Oni was a normal man, but he was never a team player, he betrayed the army he was part off, and became a reckless assassin for years. That said he had plenty of time to reflect on the nature of humanity and the value of company
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

MacynSnow wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:55 pm
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:32 pm
EpicEclipse wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:25 pm

Well, to be fair, Cat IS a solo artist. She doesn't have a history of working WITH others, though she has no scruples about using them. Trust may be an issue with her, but she's also not known for leaving corpses behind. ^_^
Dave probably worked with gangs early on in his career, but after that he would've became a largely solo, neutral entity and killer for hire. He probably had a few contacts that he used to keep himself employed, but that was it. This will be his first time I heard he needs to work with a group rather then trusting his own skill alone.
A-Ry himself was part of a well-jelled group untill the Leadership caused it to partly implode,so he could work in a group rather well if he formed enough trust in them.In fact,a couple of use have a Superhero in common specifically Cat Noir,Red Death,Madam Curare,and maybe Magneta/Violet(was never mentioned in bio);Foreshadow and Raven. Heck,we're practically 2/rds of Foreshadow's Supervillian Rogue's Gallery.... :)
Got to make sure to specify though theres 2 foreshadows and 2 ravens :)
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Imagine the hilarity if a mixup happened because of that.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Don't forget there is a new Foreshadow, the change happened sometime in the last five years. And while a lot of people wouldn't know, anyone with a lot of experience with the old Foreshadow may have noticed a significant change.

Edit: And... ninja'd
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I never actually specified any heroes with Cat's background, mainly due to a general lacking familiarity with the roster of active heroes. Looking at the list on TM's setting thread, I'm still not entirely certain.

Cat is kinda low tier, good enough for a solo hero, but a team frequently being after her would be a bit overkill. I think she'd make a good Batman villain, her reliance on luck versus Baman's disdain for it and use of preparation to overcome it. So someone like that, or a mage that Cat's bad luck could play havoc with.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Violet understood the value of a small group of people though she avoided big gangs specifically because they drew in the superheroes quicker. It's a miracle she'd lasted as long as she did the more psychopathic she got. It was probably a matter of her gangs were always small and trusted and they were never predictable.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I admittedly know practically nothing about the characters within the Freedom City settings, but that dosn't seem to be too much of a limiter when playing in that setting. I created my own hero to act as a "rival" or whatever to Dave in his older brother, but realisitllcy he could've been upposed by anyone who went against the shadier types. Literally and figuratively.
------------
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

I’m not saying we’re a perfect group of team-players, but we all seem pragmatic enough not to sink the boat. We may rock it, but we won’t deliberately sabotage ourselves.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

EpicEclipse wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:42 pm I never actually specified any heroes with Cat's background, mainly due to a general lacking familiarity with the roster of active heroes. Looking at the list on TM's setting thread, I'm still not entirely certain.
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:51 pm I admittedly know practically nothing about the characters within the Freedom City settings, but that dosn't seem to be too much of a limiter when playing in that setting. I created my own hero to act as a "rival" or whatever to Dave in his older brother, but realisitllcy he could've been upposed by anyone who went against the shadier types. Literally and figuratively.
In a nutshell: pick any C-List or higher Marvel or DC hero, file off the serial numbers, maybe tweak their age or gender, and have them age in quasi-“real-time.” That’s your Freedom City cast.

Foreshadow is basically Daredevil with precognition, or Moon Knight without the psychosis, or a modern update of the Golden Age Sandman.

Raven I was basically a Golden Age iteration of the Batman or the Shadow; Raven II is his daughter and kind of a Nightwing figure.

The Bowman and Arrow (and the three or four related heroes) are your Green Arrow / Hawkeye equivalent.

Captain Thunder is basically Superman.

So on and so forth.

When I’ve run Freedom City games in the past, I literally told my players unfamiliar with the world to just use the names of Marvel or DC characters that they did know. Then we tweaked it.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Well Centurion is a more direct Superman analogue with Captain Thunder... well kind of Captain Marvel (Shazam) but not really.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cat strikes me as someone who might have run afoul of both the second Raven and the Third, Foreshadow either or both versions, the Rook, also my character Panda the two of them might have had a chase or two across the rooftops for funsies. Bowmans another possibility and for a slightly mystic take the lady of the Lantern might have gone after her for stealing some mystic doodad or whatnot
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Batgirl III wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:16 pm In a nutshell: pick any C-List or higher Marvel or DC hero, file off the serial numbers, maybe tweak their age or gender, and have them age in quasi-“real-time.” That’s your Freedom City cast.

Foreshadow is basically Daredevil with precognition, or Moon Knight without the psychosis, or a modern update of the Golden Age Sandman.

Raven I was basically a Golden Age iteration of the Batman or the Shadow; Raven II is his daughter and kind of a Nightwing figure.

The Bowman and Arrow (and the three or four related heroes) are your Green Arrow / Hawkeye equivalent.

Captain Thunder is basically Superman.

So on and so forth.

When I’ve run Freedom City games in the past, I literally told my players unfamiliar with the world to just use the names of Marvel or DC characters that they did know. Then we tweaked it.
catsi563 wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:25 pm Cat strikes me as someone who might have run afoul of both the second Raven and the Third, Foreshadow either or both versions, the Rook, also my character Panda the two of them might have had a chase or two across the rooftops for funsies. Bowmans another possibility and for a slightly mystic take the lady of the Lantern might have gone after her for stealing some mystic doodad or whatnot
That all sounds reasonable. Once the origin of her powers (magic) is figured out, Cat is pretty easy to shut down if the hero in question has the means to do so. But for heroes like Raven and Foreshadow, her Luck and ability to "steal luck" as it seems she does, would be all kinds of trouble.
Batgirl III wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:08 pm I’m not saying we’re a perfect group of team-players, but we all seem pragmatic enough not to sink the boat. We may rock it, but we won’t deliberately sabotage ourselves.
Yeah. The impression I have is everyone more or less testing the waters since the situation they were in has suddenly taken a turn for the abnormal. Well, almost everyone. Some are just content to be silent and patient, and that's fine too.

In any case, our intrepid characters will have their answers soon! Maybe. I'm guessing we are more or less going to be voluntold what were will be doing and as fee other details as possible. Q&A seems less likely. :P
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

I just reread Cats background the amount of similarities between her and Panda is scary

Catsi stories
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

catsi563 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:20 am I just reread Cats background the amount of similarities between her and Panda is scary
The definitely have some shared background elements. :D How they develop is different though. Cat remained largely alone and independent where Panda was picked up and manipulated by Viper then found herself a heroic mentor.

But, that would mean Panda could empathize with Cat if it came to It. :)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I find it interesring how amazingly versatile powers over and relating to darkness can become.
------------