Team Cerberus (OOC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EpicEclipse

Re: Team Cerberus (aka Suicide Squad In Freedom City)

Post by EpicEclipse »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:05 pm I can't think of any interesting dybamics between Dave and anyone off the top of my head personally, but I do look forward to seeing how his relationships with everyone develops over time.
I can. :twisted:
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:16 pm
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:05 pm I can't think of any interesting dynamics between Dave and anyone off the top of my head personally, but I do look forward to seeing how his relationships with everyone develops over time.
I can. :twisted:
Well that sounds reasurring. :D
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

MacynSnow wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:59 pm When do we start TM?And anywhere specific you want us to start at?.....
My plan is to start up the IC thread either Sunday night or Monday morning depending on how things go with what all I have going on. You'll all know where you're starting off from once I post it.
When you think 'bout it,the most intresting Dynamic maybe between A-Ry and Curie(she's an immortal Thief doing it for the money while Alex is a former rich kid turned Revenge seeking Reveloutionary),throw in Cat personality shifts and Oni's "Yankee in King Arthur's Court" subplot an you have a really intresting dynamic going-on.....
Thanks, I tried.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

MacynSnow wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:59 pm When you think 'bout it,the most intresting Dynamic maybe between A-Ry and Curie(she's an immortal Thief doing it for the money while Alex is a former rich kid turned Revenge seeking Reveloutionary),throw in Cat personality shifts and Oni's "Yankee in King Arthur's Court" subplot an you have a really interesting dynamic going-on.....
Madame Curare isn't a thief, per se, she's an assassin. She's certainly capable of thievery (and pretty good at it) but that's a side-effect of her assassin training. She's more interested in planting a poison pill in the rich socialite's champagne glass than she is in stealing her jewelry. Mary Corey comes from a high society, blue blood, "Boston Brahmin" sort of background, but got corrupted and brainwashed by Dr. Sin. Picture an American version of any of the daughters from Downton Abbey (she's roughly the same age too) but put them throw the sort of "Training From Hell" montage that Alec Baldwin got in The Shadow. Minus the whole "becoming a good guy despite it all."

Madame Curare who isn’t locked up in a top-secret government super-prison having significant ranks of the Wealth Advantage. Plus the requite bevy of Contacts, Connected, multiple Headquarters, maybe a few Minions, several more weapons, and (of course) a whole plethora of poisons, toxins, drugs, and the like.

But, well, I was building her as a PC so I had to keep to budget. Plus, I imagine that’s not the sort of thing her Team: Cerebus handlers would let her have.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

I think the most interesting dynamic is just going to see how we do (or do not) work together- almost all of us are solo operators. Trying to get us to coordinate will be a challenge.

Remember- friendly fire isn't.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

pathfinderq1 wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:54 pm I think the most interesting dynamic is just going to see how we do (or do not) work together- almost all of us are solo operators. Trying to get us to coordinate will be a challenge.

Fortunatly, all Cat's attacks are targeted. Less fortunate, she has a blanket bad luck complication that can crop up and may affect the party as a whole depending how vindictive TM is feeling. :p
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

pathfinderq1 wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:54 pm I think the most interesting dynamic is just going to see how we do (or do not) work together- almost all of us are solo operators. Trying to get us to coordinate will be a challenge.

What, are you saying you don't wanna visit the Shaow Realm?
------------
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:55 am

What, are you saying you don't wanna visit the Shaow Realm?
I'd personally rather not,thank you very much.;)
Noticed something as i was reading the other builds; the group's technically been broken into 2 "sub-groups":
Wetworks/Intelligence Gathering:Madam Curare(possible field leader) - Black Death III - Cat Noir - Tsalmaveth
Frontal Assault/Battles: Oni(Possible field leader) -Magneta - Snowblind - GeoTek - Buzzbomb

If you noticed,each group tends to have some form of tech support that leans to the area of expertise.It's also intresting how the micro dynamics would lean towards......
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Ill pass on the shadow lands too got a forced picture of whats in there already and that's enough for one life time :P
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Madame Curare

We open in a prison control room, a slovenly older guard is chainsmoking while monitoring the camera feeds with less than half the attention he normally would. Which is less than even half of the attention he was meant to monitor them with. The old veteran is busy playing hsi favorite game: scarring the frak out of the newest guard on staff with horror stories about the prisoners.
Tonight's tale is of the harmless looking, thirty-something looking, blonde woman who looked to be asleep in Cell #24-601.

"So because the Japs were having so much trouble holding Dr. Sin's people," the grizzled old prison guard was expounding to the rookie, "They called in some help from their Nazi friends. Now, say what you will 'bout the Nazis, but they knew how to build a freakin' prison, right? But, thing is, this was early in the war. Before Pearl harbor even. So the Krauts, well, they still had a buncha officers who acted like 'proper gentlemen' and stuff. So this lady acts all nice and innocent, tells the Nazis she's a vegetarian. Don't eat no meat."

"I know what a vegetarian is, Bill." the rookie said, "Still don't understand what that's got to do with—"

"Like I said, there's a war on, right? Germans ain't got resources to give this one prisoner special treatment, but she's Meta. Da Fueher wants more Metas on his side. Maybe if the Nazis are nice to her, she'll flip. That's what the commandant thinks anyway," he lit his twelfth cigarette of the night, "So, its a war, they got field rations. Most of them have tins of mystery meat, but they also got peanut butter and crackers and shit. So that's what they give her, German army rations with peanut butter. They watch her like a hawk, of course, the Krauts know how to run a prison. Every meal, she says 'thank you' and eats every bite. Totally compliant. No resistence at all. Even takes the time to wipe off her silverware before they collect her dishes."

"Uh-huh."

"That was her trick, see?"

"I don't follow."

"Anaphylaxis." he blew a smoke ring at the bare buld above their heads, "She kept re-using the same cloth to wipe the peanut butter of her knife. Built up the peanut residue for nine weeks, then one day she grabs her guard, shoves it down his throat. He has a seizure or some shit. She grabs his rifle and bolts for the fences. Killed eight more Nazis on her way out. Die Walküre, one a the super-nazis, just happened to be making an unscheduled stop in the area. Caught her."

"After that incident, they put her on a strict diet of — I swear to God — nothing but bread and water." he said, stubbing out the remains of his Pall Mall, "She killed six guards with that. Didn't even try to escape. I think she just wanted to let everyone know she could do it."

"How the hell do you—"

"S'called Stachybotrys chartarum, toxic mold." he replied, "Wife and me had to get our basement tested for it before we could sell the house. She hid a slice of bread inside her toilet. Grew the mold on it. Made some sort of concentrated form using the water, evaporating in the sunlight. I'm telling you, she's like the MacGyyer of murder."

"So... That's why she gets the special diet."

"Yep. Three SilmFast Shakes, twice daily. 1320 calories, total." he replied, pushing the cans into the rookie's hands, "Always store bought. She likes the strawberry ones."

"These are all chocolate mocha. And there's only two of them."

"Yeah, well, she likes strawberry," he said with a smirk, "I like the chocolate ones and I don't like her."

"You've been drinking the prisoner's meals?"

"Yeah. Frak that stuck-up bitch." he said with a laugh, "I take one from her every shift."

"Does she know?"

"Oh. Hell..."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:28 am Madame Curare

We open in a prison control room, a slovenly older guard is chainsmoking while monitoring the camera feeds with less than half the attention he normally would. Which is less than even half of the attention he was meant to monitor them with. The old veteran is busy playing hsi favorite game: scarring the frak out of the newest guard on staff with horror stories about the prisoners.
Tonight's tale is of the harmless looking, thirty-something looking, blonde woman who looked to be asleep in Cell #24-601.

"So because the Japs were having so much trouble holding Dr. Sin's people," the grizzled old prison guard was expounding to the rookie, "They called in some help from their Nazi friends. Now, say what you will 'bout the Nazis, but they knew how to build a freakin' prison, right? But, thing is, this was early in the war. Before Pearl harbor even. So the Krauts, well, they still had a buncha officers who acted like 'proper gentlemen' and stuff. So this lady acts all nice and innocent, tells the Nazis she's a vegetarian. Don't eat no meat."

"I know what a vegetarian is, Bill." the rookie said, "Still don't understand what that's got to do with—"

"Like I said, there's a war on, right? Germans ain't got resources to give this one prisoner special treatment, but she's Meta. Da Fueher wants more Metas on his side. Maybe if the Nazis are nice to her, she'll flip. That's what the commandant thinks anyway," he lit his twelfth cigarette of the night, "So, its a war, they got field rations. Most of them have tins of mystery meat, but they also got peanut butter and crackers and shit. So that's what they give her, German army rations with peanut butter. They watch her like a hawk, of course, the Krauts know how to run a prison. Every meal, she says 'thank you' and eats every bite. Totally compliant. No resistence at all. Even takes the time to wipe off her silverware before they collect her dishes."

"Uh-huh."

"That was her trick, see?"

"I don't follow."

"Anaphylaxis." he blew a smoke ring at the bare buld above their heads, "She kept re-using the same cloth to wipe the peanut butter of her knife. Built up the peanut residue for nine weeks, then one day she grabs her guard, shoves it down his throat. He has a seizure or some shit. She grabs his rifle and bolts for the fences. Killed eight more Nazis on her way out. Die Walküre, one a the super-nazis, just happened to be making an unscheduled stop in the area. Caught her."

"After that incident, they put her on a strict diet of — I swear to God — nothing but bread and water." he said, stubbing out the remains of his Pall Mall, "She killed six guards with that. Didn't even try to escape. I think she just wanted to let everyone know she could do it."

"How the hell do you—"

"S'called Stachybotrys chartarum, toxic mold." he replied, "Wife and me had to get our basement tested for it before we could sell the house. She hid a slice of bread inside her toilet. Grew the mold on it. Made some sort of concentrated form using the water, evaporating in the sunlight. I'm telling you, she's like the MacGyyer of murder."

"So... That's why she gets the special diet."

"Yep. Three SilmFast Shakes, twice daily. 1320 calories, total." he replied, pushing the cans into the rookie's hands, "Always store bought. She likes the strawberry ones."

"These are all chocolate mocha. And there's only two of them."

"Yeah, well, she likes strawberry," he said with a smirk, "I like the chocolate ones and I don't like her."

"You've been drinking the prisoner's meals?"

"Yeah. Frak that stuck-up bitch." he said with a laugh, "I take one from her every shift."

"Does she know?"

"Oh. Hell..."
I'm borrowing your guards for mine,just so you know.:)
I'm also recommend they become permanent NPC's for the game somehow..... :lol:
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

MacynSnow wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:10 am I'm borrowing your guards for mine,just so you know.:)
I will neither confirm nor deny that, in my mind's eye, they look like Thorpocalypse and Randal.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:13 am
MacynSnow wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:10 am I'm borrowing your guards for mine,just so you know.:)
I will neither confirm nor deny that, in my mind's eye, they look like Thorpocalypse and Randal.
I was thinking more along the lines of Ares and Jab. ;)
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

MacynSnow wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:18 am I was thinking more along the lines of Ares and Jab. ;)
Po-TAY-to. Po-TAH-to.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Don't think I've ever tried using little pictures in poats before, how'd you go about with that trick?
------------