Conflux City Guardians

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel
Posts: 1077
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by Flynnarrel » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:55 pm

Starfish
HP:1 LP:0
CND: -1 Toughness, Daze (1 rnd), Fatigued, Exhausted next round
Oh, holy bejezus! I knew I shoulda tried to fit Immunity to crits onto my golem form!
Myra had heard of some temples training their monks by having them slap a bowl of water. Now she knew what the bowls felt like. The ripple disrupted her surface but still, it wasn't as bad as it could have been.
Toughness: 25
-1 Toughness and Dazed

Fort DC15: 20
recovered from vulnerable
She continued her assault with the wrecking balls of water from her aqueous body. "Is that all you got, monkey boy?" she gurgles at him. She hated to get a speciesist but she needed to keep his attention on herself. She could tell that Agent Owl was lauching attacks with an eye toward her own defense and Myra wanted to give the other woman the time to recover... even if it were at the expense of her own body.
Water golem attack: 19
if that hits, DC 23
Edit: I see that that a 19 misses him,
Starfish will surge to try to hit him again
Water golem attack surge: 23
DC23 Toughness if that hits.
"Something pithy this way comes."

User avatar
Nintendogeek01
Posts: 213
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: Stop the Fist of Buudha

Post by Nintendogeek01 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:16 am

Agent Owl
Hero Points: 0
Condition: 2 bruise


Agent Owl sent the electric charge up her cape to stiffen it into gliding mode, letting the backdraft of the Fist of Buddha's attack carry her back a short distance while she whipped out more Owl Talons and hurled them. She needed to make some distance.

OOC
----------------
Move Action: Move back 30 feet, the jumping back into a slight glide thing was just flavor.

Standard Action: Defensive attack 5 Owl Talons 16.

Result of Standard Action: Agent Owl is at an additional +5 to dodge and parry this round, nothing else though because they'll miss again.

Prof Weird
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by Prof Weird » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:46 am

Alecto
HP : 1
Condition : fatigued

"Well, that was easy !" she noted to herself as she entered the building, "A battle avoided is a battle won. More or less.

Now, to deal with the doomsday device they've assembled. Shouldn't be too hard to find - THAT much magic in one place should be
simple to track down. And I can just ask someone where it is if I can't find it on my own !

The hard part might be
safely dismantling it - there might be defensive spells active."

MissRo
Posts: 365
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:18 am
Location: Newfoundland, Canada

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by MissRo » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:19 pm

The Amazing Mrs. Perkins
HP: 1 - LP: 0 - Staus: Normal


Hitting him was like pounding on a brick wall, but even bricks cracked with enough pressure. Pru pressed her attack, launching a kick into his back.

OOC: [url=http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=177417]Launch Attack Check: 1D20+9 = [13]+9 = 22, toughness DC 24, using turnabout to return to her starting position.

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 437
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Stop Fist of Buddha! (Starfish, Agent Owl, Pru)

Post by Camus » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:58 pm

The onslaught continues, as the water golem that is now Starfish pounds repeatedly on the monk. However, the nimble martial artist dodges away from the first strike, flowing like water with the motion. He then uses his compressed air technique to dead stop the next attack. He collect himself and is allowed a time to deep breath before he has to sidestep a pair of owl talons! But as he steps back from the boomerang weapons, Prudence appears from behind and delivers a well aimed attack from his blind spot. It is evident the Fist of Buddha is not fairing too well now, as he bends over and seems stunned for the time being, concentrated on his new injury.
Seeing his enemy in such a position triggers the dormant pain in Starfish!

Fist of Buddha saves vs golem attack with a 28 toughness save and fails by two degrees on Prudence's kick with a lame 12, he is at -3 now and stunned for this round. Starfish needs to save against latent damage DC toughness 30.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 437
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Into the belly of the beast (Alecto)

Post by Camus » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:02 pm

Alecto is able to make her way into the monk facilities easily. Most of them have already seen her and seem oblivious of the fact that the leader of their cult wanted her dead. For whatever reason, Alecto's path seemed clear. She attuned herself to the vibrations of magical objects and could detect a great concentration of magical power in the direction of the great leader's room. She knew better than rush into it. Probably the closest and more elite monks would be there, and possibly they would have been made aware of her status with the sect. How to proceed from here then? She could use her illusions, or try and get the help of the guardians.... or perhaps she could get the help of her own "guardians"?
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Nintendogeek01
Posts: 213
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: Stop the Fist of Buudha

Post by Nintendogeek01 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:34 pm

Agent Owl
Hero Points: 0
Condition: 2 bruise


As the Owl Talons come back around, heading on target towards the Fist of Buddha, Agent Owl whips out a taser dart, "Has it sunk in yet? You're done!" with her threat made she hurls the dart in the Fist of Buddha's direction.

OOC
----------------
Resolve Homing Attack: 1d20 + 6 = 24

Result of Homing Attack: If the attack check succeeds the Fist of Buddha must make a DC20 toughness save. If the attack check succeeds by 2 degrees the Fist of Buddha must make a DC22 toughness save. If the attack check succeeds by three degrees the Fist of buddha must make a DC25 toughness save.

Move Action: Move-action startle, 1d20 + 5 = 11

Standard Action: Against my better judgement... all-out attack 2, power attack 2 with taser darts.

...

%@$& you too dice-roller. %@$& you too..

Result of Standard Action: Agent Owl is at -2 to dodge and parry this round.

Flynnarrel
Posts: 1077
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by Flynnarrel » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:48 pm

Starfish
HP:1->0 LP:0
CND: -2 Toughness, Exhausted -> Fatigue
Starfish takes her opponent's lack of sense as an opportunity to catch her breath.
[Recover action, reduce a level of Fatigue, +2 defenses until next round]
"Something pithy this way comes."

MissRo
Posts: 365
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:18 am
Location: Newfoundland, Canada

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by MissRo » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:53 pm

The Amazing Mrs. Perkins
HP: 1 - LP: 0 - Staus: Normal


Pru repeated her 'port-kick-'port , thought the blow was glancing and failed to connect.

OOC: Launch Attack Check: 1D20+9 = [9]+9 = 18, a miss.

Prof Weird
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by Prof Weird » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:21 am

Alecto
HP : 1
Condition : fatigued

"Well, this could be tricky ..."
she mused, "Most of the doomsday device is in there. But I have no idea what kind of defense he set up to protect it. Probably has his best fighters, with orders 'no one but me is allowed in here unless I say otherwise.'

I could try an illusion to look like him, but I doubt it would fool them for very long. If he warned them about my ability to cast illusions, they'd be on watch for it. They could use their willpower to see through my illusions - and monks aren't known for having weak wills.

I might be able to hold them off for a bit in hand to hand or my magics. But they're on defense - all they have to do is keep me away from the device. Even I could be beaten unconscious if I kept trying to get anywhere in there.

I could try summoning some creatures to help - like a horde of zombies or some armed skeletons - but that would only buy some time AND tire me out.

Might be useful as an ace in the hole.

But let's see who and what are in there first."


Since none of the other monks seemed interested in bothering her, she found an isolated room to use her astral projection.
She'll use Astral Projection to first look around in the room to get an idea of what sort of defenses are in there.

Then check outside and see how well the guardians are doing against the Fist of Buddha. Once/if they win, she'll mentally contact Agent Owl.

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 437
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Stop Fist of Buddha! (Starfish, Agent Owl, Pru)

Post by Camus » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:42 am

Assaulted from different angles, harmed and stunned, the Fist of Buddha is an easy prey for the Owl talons on their return arc. They sink deep into his left and right legs, hindering his movements further. This seems like a wake up call though, as he ducks beneath Pru's kick. As he surges back up, he delivers an uppercut at Starfish!

FoB fails the toughness save 2 degrees, so he is dazed and at a -6.
He is not startled: 19 insight.
He uses Fist of Buddha against Starfish, rolling a 22 If the attack check succeeds Starfish needs a DC 25 toughness save. If the attack check succeeds by 2 degrees Starfish must make a DC 27 toughness save.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 437
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Into the belly of the beast (Alecto)

Post by Camus » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:49 am

Alecto finds a quiet spot to meditate and project her astral form. She floats ethereally to the room that's being guarded, finding several monks in the corridor. As she phases through the wall, she sees it. The objects from the Leader's room have been removed to make place for the huge device that now occupies the room. It looks like a giant orb made of many clockwork parts and gears. It seems to be continuously moving inside, as if it were arming itself. You also notice the lead monk, sitting in lotus position and meditating close to it. As you approach to look the orb in more detail you notice the lead monk frowns and turns his head towards your direction.

Image
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

Flynnarrel
Posts: 1077
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by Flynnarrel » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:12 am

Starfish
HP:0 LP:0
CND: -3 Toughness, Fatigue
He uses Fist of Buddha against Starfish, rolling a 22 If the attack check succeeds Starfish needs a DC 25 toughness save. If the attack check succeeds by 2 degrees Starfish must make a DC 27 toughness save.
She's hurt further but it doesn't seem she's taken out from the fight yet. "That... all you.... got....?" she gurgles. Her body forms a watery humanoid figure just before her water form bursts forward from her chest to his at point blank range.
[Move to stand from prone, Water Spray, +8, Toughness DC25, Muliattack
attack: 1D20+8 = [14]+8 = 22
When the water recedes her normal solid form is there, looking weary but determined, fights raised in a fighting stance, swaying slightly.
"Something pithy this way comes."

User avatar
Nintendogeek01
Posts: 213
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: Stop the Fist of Buudha

Post by Nintendogeek01 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:57 am

Agent Owl
Hero Points: 0
Condition: 2 bruise


Starfish might be below average physically for an Atlantean, but it seems Fist of Buddha is only just now coming to realize exactly what that means; Starfish is giving as good as she's getting and now Agent Owl's got the opening she's been waiting for. As her mask's empty yellow eyes leer at the Fist of Buddha, her cape opens up to create a dreaded winged silhouette, "Good night."

She then once more hurls her Owl Talons.

OOC
----------------
Move Action: Move-action startle, 1d20 + 5 = 22

Standard Action: All-out Attack Owl Talons 2 1d20 + 13 = 22

Result of Standard Action: If the attack check succeeds the Fist of Buddha must make a DC20 toughness save. If the attack check succeeds by 2 degrees the Fist of Buddha must make a DC22 toughness save. If the attack check succeeds by three degrees the Fist of buddha must make a DC25 toughness save. Agent Owl is at -2 to dodge and parry this round.

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 437
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Stop Fist of Buddha! (Starfish, Agent Owl, Pru)

Post by Camus » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:51 pm

As the battle rages on, the monk is unable to dodge away from Starfish's attack. But it was a bluff. He took the blast right into him, and as the water subsides he emerges from it like a sea dragon, his hand like a blade aimed at Starfish's neck. She looks in abject horror as the deadly technique executes in slow motion, and instinctively closes her eyes. But the hit never lands. When Starfish opens her eyes she sees the First of Buddha, motionless standing, his eyes starting past her. For a brief moment the Atlantan lifts her guard again, but the monk collapses forward, two owl talons protruding from his back. The artifact stolen from the councilman's manor rolls casually from his garb.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

Post Reply