[The Forever Tree]Rustdeity IC.

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Hoid

Re: [The Forever Tree]Rustdeity IC.

Post by Hoid »

As Imperious enters the barren cell containing 0101, the speaker-system in her cell, connected to her jar, speaks, “So...have you come to gloat at me, in my hour of helplessness? Poor manners, mighty Imperious.”
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Lucas's footwear lightly tapped over the floor as he approached, coming to a slow stop in front of the cell. He allowed 0101's jibe to fall dead on the air, meeting it with a long stretch of silence. Rather that speak right away he studied the brain. The chemical sour it rested within. The jar and mechanisms attached to it. When he did speak, he completely bypassed the ENginsser's attempt to set the tone of the dialog, and began a path of his own choosing.

"What is it like being Moon's Flower? Having lived such a long life, you must have many regrets. Seen and done things you rather not think about. Most people do ... they act upon the world ... to distract themselves from dark thoughts. Or they take pieces of it into themselves. But all you have are your thoughts. Does it feel as though you are always alone?"

OOC wrote:
HP: 1
Conditions: Healthy.
Encephalon: Deactivated
Communion Array: Immunity to Mental Effects
Blast "Arsenal" Dynamic Array: Enhanced Strength 30 and Strike 3 [Feats: Might (+1 pp), Variable Descriptor "Technological Weaponry" 2 (+2 pp)]
Flight "Utility" Dynamic Array: Speed 13, Quickness 15, Ultra-Vision Extended 1
Garald Medvedev in Four Horsemen
Imperious in Rustdeity
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

0101 scoffed. “Do you think me to have brain-sickness? Ha! I would not be as I am were my mind feeble or my wits slow! I am an enlightened intellect, free of the concerns of physicality! No more eating or sleeping or excreting, no more foul rutting as if I were a beast among the wastes!”

She laughs. “Am I lonely, you ask? Ffffahhh, you ask me a nonsensical question. I am never alone. I have learned from Cord, you see. I have a great many things from him...”
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Never alone. Learned mean things from Cord. Ashcraft was being spied on with a psionic device. Shi'Halal had not detected any clues to psionic potential in either 0101's biology or technology. The quick assessment of information ran through Lucas' mind, but he didn't take the time to ruminate on it now. He didn't want to disturb the flow of conversation or hint that he was thinking too deeply. So he went on, his tone mild, his demeanor neutral, almost stoic.

"You treated Cord like a lackey and he was almost eager to get away from you. I extended an offer for Sun's Flower to come meet with you and she rejected it adamantly. If you are never alone, then you do a good job of pushing people away, or alienating them. Even people who should care about you. What kind of company does that leave you then?"
OOC wrote:
Blast "Arsenal" Dynamic Array: Enhanced Strength 30 and Strike 3 [Feats: Might (+1 pp), Variable Descriptor "Technological Weaponry" 2 (+2 pp)]
Imperious in Rustdeity
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

She snorted. “I have the best kind of company,” 0101 snaps abrasively, “myself. And myself. And myself. My son taught me many things, Imperious, many things. Individuality and multiplicity can be the same sometimes, and you are simply unaware of it.” She seems almost smug as she says it.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Multiple versions of herself. Lucas mused on that briefly. Either she was mind sick, or there was some psychic aberration at play. Lucas didn't dwell on it too much. Just long enough to give the impression he was taking into consideration her uncommon philosophy. Or state of being. Lucas wanted to keep the conversation moving, even if he was mindful not to rush it along.

"Then it was three of you and six variations of Cord working on the TEGS project? That would be a reasonable sized team if each person had a body. I noticed that you took measures to cut yourself off from the world though. Did you at least try to work with other people?"
OOC wrote:
Imperious in Rustdeity
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Imperious can almost feel her sneering. “You know nothing, Imperious! I am a greater intellect! I associate with those I choose and banish all the rest! My research was...considered ‘IMPROPER’ by my fellow Enginseers, but what do they know? Microbial research can unlock so many things, so many secrets...in your folly, you have undone all that.”
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

The way 0101 responded, he wondered if it was not she who had been banished. Or at least, needed to leave to avoid some action from other Enginseers. While the woman confined to a jar was taking on a more and more hostile tone, Lucas' remained steady and even. Calm and quietly confident. His body language was not relaxed or tense, but somewhere along the lines of 'ready'. Always ready.

"There are others who seem to agree that researching TEGS has value. I encountered some Icons utilized by them recently. It appears you have competition that you were unaware of."
OOC wrote:
Imperious in Rustdeity
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Dead silence. Then...in a cold whisper: ”...’others’?” Her voice ratchets up a notch, infused with scorn. “What ‘others’?”
Last edited by Hoid on Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

OOC:
Make a Diplomacy check!
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

She didn't seem to know immediately who he had spoken of, but she bit. There was interest in knowing. When she inquired about the 'others' he had mentioned Imperious consults with his Encephalon, asking it to replay the message for him. Then to clip out sections of the recording based on time stamp. Finally he asked it to transmit the final product over the speaker 0101 was using to verbally communicate:
Edited Recording wrote:Message One: "You have any idea how many TEGS samples we just lost because of that bodiless bitch?"

Message Two: "Destroy it. Find a nearby golem, and hurl it."

Message Three: "Cease and desist using this channel ...!"
Initially Lucas was quiet in the wake of the replay, allowing 0101 to absorb in, but he also wanted to carefully guage her response. He did provide some prompting a short time afterwards though.

"They seem to know you. They were also using Xeno Icons. Do you recognize the voices?"
OOC wrote:Here is the Diplomacy check: Diplomacy: 1D20+12 = [19]+12 = 31

Here is a Sense Motive check, to get a read on her during this section of dialog involving these "others". I'd like to see if Lucas can determine either her feelings about these people or if she is being honest about who they are/if she knows them: Sense Motive: 1D20+12 = [19]+12 = 31
Encephalon: Activated
Imperious in Rustdeity
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

There is a looooong, pause, then 0101 says, in a low hiss, “Those bastards! I knew trusting them was a bad idea! Trust in GENERAL is a bad idea.”
OOC:
From what she just said, she knows these people...
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

A single eyebrow rose as 0101 cursed the as yet unnamed persons whose voices she had heard over the speaker. It remained poised for just a second before lowering again, returning his expression to something more neutral. Lifting his left hand, he gestured the black glove covered limb to the speak, as though to indicate the people they had just heard talking.

"Some of your former associates, I see. They do not think highly of you. Why did you work with them if you felt trusting them was a bad idea?"
OOC wrote:
Imperious in Rustdeity
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

“They...had...resources I needed,” She only begrudgingly admits. “Research is difficult, and we Enginseers often barter scientific discoveries as a form of currency and favor-trading.

“They are the Red Gear Brotherhood, Enginseers obsessed with immunology, virology and disease. When I...began...my research into TEGS, dealing with the Red Gear Brotherhood shaved a decade or more off my to-do list.”
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Of course there would be an entire Engineer sect dedicated to pestilence. At least they did not have the knowledge to recreate TEGS, as Cord and 0101 did. Or at least it seemed that way, since they were after samples. After 0101 had explained her reasoning for working with the Red Gear Brotherhood, as though acknowledging that trading for convenience or to accelerate her time table made sense. Even if it was a deadly trade he likely made.

"You had common interests, at least in your field of study. What kept you from working together long term? Did you relocate to Si-Atell after things went bad?"
OOC wrote:
Imperious in Rustdeity