Omniverse Sourcebook

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
RUSCHE
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:50 pm

Re: Omniverse Sourcebook

Post by RUSCHE » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:58 pm

Goldar wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:59 pm
I loved FASERIP too!

As you have mentioned, the books did have bugs: Black Widow strength (good) seems too low and some of her other attributes should be 1 higher, Gladiator strength should be reversed with Endurance, just as I thought Binary's should have been.

All of Jean Grey's stats seemed to represent her early X-Men days, not after the Phoenix. I only saw 1 Phoenix and 1 Dark Phoenix stat out of many iterations that seemed accurate. Phoenix, DP and/or a Phoenix-imbued Jean Grey had higher mental stats than GD Int, RM (sometimes kept lowered as EX) Reasoning and AM psyche.

There are a lot more too. For example, some books had Thor strength at Mn, Prof X at only Mn psyche, and Iceman at Rm ice generation.
I always had a hard time with some of the stats assigned, Thor and Hercules should have higher body resistance and Thor should do shit x damage with Mjlonir per rules. It was shown in many write ups only doing Unearthly. As for Gladiator I thought his endurance was too high and should have had a mechanism in power set for his belief in powers boost . I agree Iceman powers were too low as well. Ot was fun and I will always love it. My advanced set is falling apart. Hulk should have have a Strength and endurance boost vs fighting. Sorry for the rant.

User avatar
Goldar
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:10 pm

Re: Omniverse Sourcebook

Post by Goldar » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:04 am

RUSCHE wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:58 pm
Goldar wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:59 pm
I loved FASERIP too!

As you have mentioned, the books did have bugs: Black Widow strength (good) seems too low and some of her other attributes should be 1 higher, Gladiator strength should be reversed with Endurance, just as I thought Binary's should have been.

All of Jean Grey's stats seemed to represent her early X-Men days, not after the Phoenix. I only saw 1 Phoenix and 1 Dark Phoenix stat out of many iterations that seemed accurate. Phoenix, DP and/or a Phoenix-imbued Jean Grey had higher mental stats than GD Int, RM (sometimes kept lowered as EX) Reasoning and AM psyche.

There are a lot more too. For example, some books had Thor strength at Mn, Prof X at only Mn psyche, and Iceman at Rm ice generation.
I always had a hard time with some of the stats assigned, Thor and Hercules should have higher body resistance and Thor should do shit x damage with Mjlonir per rules. It was shown in many write ups only doing Unearthly. As for Gladiator I thought his endurance was too high and should have had a mechanism in power set for his belief in powers boost . I agree Iceman powers were too low as well. Ot was fun and I will always love it. My advanced set is falling apart. Hulk should have have a Strength and endurance boost vs fighting. Sorry for the rant.
Oh, it was no rant, my friend. No worries! I enjoy talking FASERIP stats with someone who is equally passionate about it!

I understand your Thor and Hercules example, especially with their enchanted weapons. I agree with you and would also put Valkyrie in that class with Dragonfang.

It did seem like once a wrong stat or set of stats appeared, they stayed around!

RUSCHE
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:50 pm

Re: Omniverse Sourcebook

Post by RUSCHE » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:08 am

Goldar wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:04 am
RUSCHE wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:58 pm
Goldar wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:59 pm
I loved FASERIP too!

As you have mentioned, the books did have bugs: Black Widow strength (good) seems too low and some of her other attributes should be 1 higher, Gladiator strength should be reversed with Endurance, just as I thought Binary's should have been.

All of Jean Grey's stats seemed to represent her early X-Men days, not after the Phoenix. I only saw 1 Phoenix and 1 Dark Phoenix stat out of many iterations that seemed accurate. Phoenix, DP and/or a Phoenix-imbued Jean Grey had higher mental stats than GD Int, RM (sometimes kept lowered as EX) Reasoning and AM psyche.

There are a lot more too. For example, some books had Thor strength at Mn, Prof X at only Mn psyche, and Iceman at Rm ice generation.
I always had a hard time with some of the stats assigned, Thor and Hercules should have higher body resistance and Thor should do shit x damage with Mjlonir per rules. It was shown in many write ups only doing Unearthly. As for Gladiator I thought his endurance was too high and should have had a mechanism in power set for his belief in powers boost . I agree Iceman powers were too low as well. Ot was fun and I will always love it. My advanced set is falling apart. Hulk should have have a Strength and endurance boost vs fighting. Sorry for the rant.
Oh, it was no rant, my friend. No worries! I enjoy talking FASERIP stats with someone who is equally passionate about it!

I understand your Thor and Hercules example, especially with their enchanted weapons. I agree with you and would also put Valkyrie in that class with Dragonfang.

It did seem like once a wrong stat or set of stats appeared, they stayed around!
Then don't get me started on Captain America physche score..Good really? Incredible or Amazing. Haha.

User avatar
Goldar
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:10 pm

Re: Omniverse Sourcebook

Post by Goldar » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:21 am

I know, right!

Many characters need their stats corrected, then I would like to see them updated for today's age. Characters like Thor, Hercules and Valkyrie, all probably have increased very little, other than the striking damage we mentioned. But characters like Wasp, Hank Pym, Beast, Jean Grey, Rogue, Carol Dancers, Power Man Luke Cage, Mockingbird, Crystal and Prof X and more--would all be massively upgraded!

RUSCHE
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:50 pm

Re: Omniverse Sourcebook

Post by RUSCHE » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:40 am

Goldar wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:21 am
I know, right!

Many characters need their stats corrected, then I would like to see them updated for today's age. Characters like Thor, Hercules and Valkyrie, all probably have increased very little, other than the striking damage we mentioned. But characters like Wasp, Hank Pym, Beast, Jean Grey, Rogue, Carol Dancers, Power Man Luke Cage, Mockingbird, Crystal and Prof X and more--would all be massively upgraded!
I have absolutely no tech skills, but I am in if anyone wants my very biased imput... haha. I would kill for a new Marvel Rpg( official) , but it looks like it will never happen.

User avatar
Goldar
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:10 pm

Re: Omniverse Sourcebook

Post by Goldar » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:00 am

I know...I keep waiting for it to happen...!

Also, I want all of the major characters like they used to do, and not stop after 1/5 of one group (like the Avengers or X-Men), while so many more are not shown.

I too could offer my own perspectives of some stats for characters.

RUSCHE
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:50 pm

Re: Omniverse Sourcebook

Post by RUSCHE » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:04 am

Goldar wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:00 am
I know...I keep waiting for it to happen...!

Also, I want all of the major characters like they used to do, and not stop after 1/5 of one group (like the Avengers or X-Men), while so many more are not shown.

I too could offer my own perspectives of some stats for characters.
Ues, a complete Avenger book with all the cast, X-Men, FF ect. Start with History of the Marvel universe and it's locations, Blue area of the Moon, Savage Land ect. Ahhh! Sorry I am better now.

User avatar
Goldar
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:10 pm

Re: Omniverse Sourcebook

Post by Goldar » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:26 am

Agreed!

I would just add 2 more books: a Miscellaneous book for people who don't fit into those 3 group books, like Silver Sable, Cloak and Dagger, etc. The 5th book could be a cosmic one with Galactus, Heralds, Guardians of the Galaxy, etc

RUSCHE
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:50 pm

Re: Omniverse Sourcebook

Post by RUSCHE » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:27 am

Goldar wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:26 am
Agreed!

I would just add 2 more books: a Miscellaneous book for people who don't fit into those 3 group books, like Silver Sable, Cloak and Dagger, etc. The 5th book could be a cosmic one with Galactus, Heralds, Guardians of the Galaxy, etc
Heck yes!!!

User avatar
Goldar
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:10 pm

Re: Omniverse Sourcebook

Post by Goldar » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:30 am

RUSCHE wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:27 am
Goldar wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:26 am
Agreed!

I would just add 2 more books: a Miscellaneous book for people who don't fit into those 3 group books, like Silver Sable, Cloak and Dagger, etc. The 5th book could be a cosmic one with Galactus, Heralds, Guardians of the Galaxy, etc
Heck yes!!!
Ahahaha. I am really into this, aren't I, lol!

RUSCHE
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:50 pm

Re: Omniverse Sourcebook

Post by RUSCHE » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:33 am

Goldar wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:30 am
RUSCHE wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:27 am
Goldar wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:26 am
Agreed!

I would just add 2 more books: a Miscellaneous book for people who don't fit into those 3 group books, like Silver Sable, Cloak and Dagger, etc. The 5th book could be a cosmic one with Galactus, Heralds, Guardians of the Galaxy, etc
Heck yes!!!
Ahahaha. I am really into this, aren't I, lol!
It was my first Rpg, that and Star Frontier. It totally holds a special place for me. Keep up with the great ideas.

User avatar
Goldar
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:10 pm

Re: Omniverse Sourcebook

Post by Goldar » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:06 am

Yes, it was my first RPG too!

Thanks, I will try! I like your ideas too! We can be partners in this project.

RUSCHE
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:50 pm

Re: Omniverse Sourcebook

Post by RUSCHE » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:08 am

Goldar wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:06 am
Yes, it was my first RPG too!

Thanks, I will try! I like your ideas too! We can be partners in this project.
Absolutely!

jes86
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:38 pm

Re: Omniverse Sourcebook

Post by jes86 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:20 pm

Rusche wrote: "I would kill for a new Marvel Rpg( official) , but it looks like it will never happen."


I feel ya - I finally got tired of waiting - that's why I cobbled together this Sourcebook project.

Quoting Thanos: "Fine. I'll do it myself!"

RUSCHE
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:50 pm

Re: Omniverse Sourcebook

Post by RUSCHE » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:32 pm

jes86 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:20 pm
Rusche wrote: "I would kill for a new Marvel Rpg( official) , but it looks like it will never happen."


I feel ya - I finally got tired of waiting - that's why I cobbled together this Sourcebook project.

Quoting Thanos: "Fine. I'll do it myself!"
And I appreciate the hard work.

Post Reply