Omniverse Sourcebook

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Goldar

Re: Omniverse Sourcebook

Post by Goldar »

jes86 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:20 pm Rusche wrote: "I would kill for a new Marvel Rpg( official) , but it looks like it will never happen."

I feel ya - I finally got tired of waiting - that's why I cobbled together this Sourcebook project.

Quoting Thanos: "Fine. I'll do it myself!"
Yes, along with friend Rusche and myself! We all love FASERIP and want a new edition with updates in previous characters and entries on all the new ones!
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

Goldar wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:49 am
jes86 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:20 pm Rusche wrote: "I would kill for a new Marvel Rpg( official) , but it looks like it will never happen."

I feel ya - I finally got tired of waiting - that's why I cobbled together this Sourcebook project.

Quoting Thanos: "Fine. I'll do it myself!"
Yes, along with friend Rusche and myself! We all love FASERIP and want a new edition with updates in previous characters and entries on all the new ones!
I am in!!!! Like I said before, I have absolutely no tech skills. But I do have a love for the material and the characters. Improve on the skills, stats all of it.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

I may have a little down time over the next few Holidays and will try to work on some characters!

I am by no means a character-builder, but many characters I am very familiar with, as well as their previous stats and where I think they should be listed. I will start there.
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

Goldar wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:35 am I may have a little down time over the next few Holidays and will try to work on some characters!

I am by no means a character-builder, but many characters I am very familiar with, as well as their previous stats and where I think they should be listed. I will start there.
I would love to help with any input I can.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

RUSCHE wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:36 am
Great! Thanks! Definitely would love the assistance.
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

Goldar wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:42 am
RUSCHE wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:36 am
Goldar wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:35 am I may have a little down time over the next few Holidays and will try to work on some characters!

Great! Thanks! Definitely would love the assistance.
What are your thoughts on Feeble to Beyond scale? O think there are grey areas between some stats, I know other old fan made sources try to address that.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

I think Feeble is a good stat to have, as well as the Beyond one.

I don't agree how they used to put Franklin Richards and Aunt May in the feeble category. They are both actually "typical" for their ages. Perhaps someone with a serious disease state or near-paralyzed would be "Feeble" strength. I know a few women in their 80s and while not the "Typical" strength of someone in their 30s, they can carry gallons of milk or lift a turkey.

Beyond can be used for, well, the Beyonder(s), Molecule Man, Eternity, etc. Not for most characters.

I know some fans made categories in-between the official ones, but they seemed forced and squeezed in some areas. The only area I see maybe a need for a few additional categories is in the far upper end: after Cl 5000 and before Beyond. So maybe a CL 10000, 25000 and 50000??
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

Goldar wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:06 am I think Feeble is a good stat to have, as well as the Beyond one.

I don't agree how they used to put Franklin Richards and Aunt May in the feeble category. They are both actually "typical" for their ages. Perhaps someone with a serious disease state or near-paralyzed would be "Feeble" strength. I know a few women in their 80s and while not the "Typical" strength of someone in their 30s, they can carry gallons of milk or lift a turkey.

Beyond can be used for, well, the Beyonder(s), Molecule Man, Eternity, etc. Not for most characters.

I know some fans made categories in-between the official ones, but they seemed forced and squeezed in some areas. The only area I see maybe a need for a few additional categories is in the far upper end: after Cl 5000 and before Beyond. So maybe a CL 10000, 25000 and 50000??
Yes, I think the high end needs some attention as well. Are you starting from the beginning?? Whatever help I can do just ask. However you want to approach this, I am in.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Thanks! I will probably start with a few characters that are near-and dear (like Jean Grey, Phoenix, etc) along with some others near the beginning (Abomination, Binary, Black Cat, Black Widow). I will definitely ask you for input and advice.
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

Goldar wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:22 am Thanks! I will probably start with a few characters that are near-and dear (like Jean Grey, Phoenix, etc) along with some others near the beginning (Abomination, Binary, Black Cat, Black Widow). I will definitely ask you for input and advice.
Look forward to seeing what you come up with.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Thanks, Hope I do not disappoint! This will be all-new to me. :shock:
jes86

Post by jes86 »

Pretty decent update today - added sixteen pages between both volumes - added Galactus' ships, Taa II, the Star Sphere/World Ship, and the Punisher Automations; the Hulk entry has picked up Hulk 2099, Devil Hulk; and the Iron Man entry has added several Iron Man armors. In the second volume, I updated and corrected Michael Myers, and added Dr. Loomis and Laurie Strode, added the Thanosi to the Thanos entry, and King Thor, Eric Masterson Thor, Thunderstrike, Red Norvell Thor, and Thor Herald of Galactus.
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

jes86 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:20 pm Pretty decent update today - added sixteen pages between both volumes - added Galactus' ships, Taa II, the Star Sphere/World Ship, and the Punisher Automations; the Hulk entry has picked up Hulk 2099, Devil Hulk; and the Iron Man entry has added several Iron Man armors. In the second volume, I updated and corrected Michael Myers, and added Dr. Loomis and Laurie Strode, added the Thanosi to the Thanos entry, and King Thor, Eric Masterson Thor, Thunderstrike, Red Norvell Thor, and Thor Herald of Galactus.
Awesome !!
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

jes86 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:20 pm Pretty decent update today - added sixteen pages between both volumes - added Galactus' ships, Taa II, the Star Sphere/World Ship, and the Punisher Automations; the Hulk entry has picked up Hulk 2099, Devil Hulk; and the Iron Man entry has added several Iron Man armors. In the second volume, I updated and corrected Michael Myers, and added Dr. Loomis and Laurie Strode, added the Thanosi to the Thanos entry, and King Thor, Eric Masterson Thor, Thunderstrike, Red Norvell Thor, and Thor Herald of Galactus.
That is a lot. I am going to have to look at them all later.
jes86

Post by jes86 »

Goldar wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:06 am I think Feeble is a good stat to have, as well as the Beyond one.

On the higher-end, for FASERIP, I added Beyond-Level 1-3, to separate power levels for the likes of the Infinity Gauntlet, the Living Tribunal, the Great Evil Beast, the Marvel/DC 'Brothers', the Presence, the One Above All, etc.
On the lower levels, rather than adding categories, I've broken them down into a number count - an Unearthly character, for example, might have a Strength score, ranging from 90-100 points.