Omniverse Sourcebook

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
jes86

Omniverse Sourcebook

Post by jes86 »

Here's a couple pdfs I posted on Deviant Art - sourcebooks based on the DCA Adventures versions of the game, with lots of Marvel characters, as well as from movies, books, etc.

https://www.deviantart.com/jes86/art/Om ... -742343735 https://www.deviantart.com/jes86/art/Om ... -742342353
RUSCHE

Re: Omniverse Sourcebook

Post by RUSCHE »

Thank you, good job. Assigning stats is always difficult. This must have been hard and long work.
jes86

Post by jes86 »

Thanks - I've posted a few updates and corrections - they're pretty big sourcebooks, so it's hard to filter out all the typos, let alone the mechanical errors - I'd take any advice that anyone's willing to offer.
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

Just a quick glance, Spider-Man's strength is tad high. I know it is flavor and personal taste, but I think his strength is 9, Goblins 8 per showing over the years. Doom's will should be a little higher, again alm this is Your setting and builds. I see you try to even the Marvel/Dc builds and I like how you set up the characters. Nice balance of history and great choices on art just my 2 cents. Like I said before love it and the obvious hard work placed in. Your setup has me working on a Pulp adventure to go to Skull Island.
jes86

Post by jes86 »

I've gone back and forth on Spider-Man - the last Marvel Universe had him a bit higher, so that's what I went with.

Doctor Doom's Willpower IS supposed to be higher - I actually have him at 13 - that's a typo. I'll fix that on this weekend's update and post it next week. Thanks for the input.
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

jes86 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:41 pm I've gone back and forth on Spider-Man - the last Marvel Universe had him a bit higher, so that's what I went with.

Doctor Doom's Willpower IS supposed to be higher - I actually have him at 13 - that's a typo. I'll fix that on this weekend's update and post it next week. Thanks for the input.
Enjoying the builds . Keep the updates coming.
jes86

Post by jes86 »

Posted the updates today. Made some revisions on the Fantastic Four and the Infinity Gauntlet as well.
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

Thank you, Namor should have a higher toughness than 9, has is shown to bounce bullets and take a pounding from high tier guys all the time. Again just my skewed observation, as I am a huge Namor fan. This is great work. Thank you for the updates.
jes86

Post by jes86 »

I'll take a look at Namor - his entry is translated from the old FASERIP Marvel Classic (Incredible (40) Endurance score) - along with SAGA, and the Marvel Universe entries, of course - and he fluctuates a lot - especially out of water/in water and so forth.
But I think you're right - he probably at least needs a level of Impervious Toughness to cover the bullets. I'll throw that one in the hopper and see what I come up with.
Again - I appreciate the help.
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

Loved the old FASERIP game but it had its bugs , Thor and Herc excellent Body armor? A little low.. those guys fight entities all the time. Again we all have our personal favorites and I think Captain America strength in Faserip should be remarkable and his will incredible to Amazing.
jes86

Post by jes86 »

If you're interested, I also have 'Classic Edition' version of the Sourcebook.

https://www.deviantart.com/jes86/art/Om ... -742066326

And you're right about the bugs in FASERIP - one of those issues is that the ranges were a bit wide - Cap's Strength, for example would be at the high-end of the EX(20) category - highest potential human - although there are a few versions that would genuinely be superhuman, edging into the Remarkable (30) range.

In the Classic version, I added a little sub-strength score where, for example I would have Batman at EX at 14, where Cap would be EX at 18 - leaving a little wiggle room for REALLY big guys like Conan at a full 20 - again, based on interpretation.

M&M is more flexible.
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

I agree, Mand M is more flexible and balanced in my opinion. Will always have a soft spot for faserip though. I will check out your link. Thanks.
jes86

Post by jes86 »

Made an attempt at revising the Sub-Mariner - posted this morning.
jes86

Post by jes86 »

Posted a couple more updates today - 10/22/18
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

I loved FASERIP too!

As you have mentioned, the books did have bugs: Black Widow strength (good) seems too low and some of her other attributes should be 1 higher, Gladiator strength should be reversed with Endurance, just as I thought Binary's should have been.

All of Jean Grey's stats seemed to represent her early X-Men days, not after the Phoenix. I only saw 1 Phoenix and 1 Dark Phoenix stat out of many iterations that seemed accurate. Phoenix, DP and/or a Phoenix-imbued Jean Grey had higher mental stats than GD Int, RM (sometimes kept lowered as EX) Reasoning and AM psyche.

There are a lot more too. For example, some books had Thor strength at Mn, Prof X at only Mn psyche, and Iceman at Rm ice generation.