Koroko/Mystia's M&M 3e builds: Spidey Super Stories:THE WALL!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
KorokoMystia

Re: Koroko/Mystia's M&M 3e builds: Kyo Kusanagi, Goenitz

Post by KorokoMystia »

So I was considering doing the unthinkable and statting the most hated TMNT character of all because, well..Someone's got to eventually, right? But if I do, should I make them equal PL to the TMNT or a notch below because of their bad reputation?
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Surely you don't mean... VENUS???
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:01 pm Surely you don't mean... VENUS???
I must be pretty insane for even thinking about that, right? But, like I said,, SOMEONE's gotta do it eventually. And hey, she'd make a good punching bag.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Venus de Milo - PL 8

Strength 2, Stamina 3, Agility 6, Dexterity 0, Fighting 10, Intellect 2, Awareness 2, Presence 2

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Close Attack 2, Defensive Attack, Equipment 1, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Critical 2: War Fan, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Improved Smash, Precise Attack (Close, Concealment), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 5, Set-up, Takedown, Teamwork, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Acrobatics 6 (+12), Athletics 6 (+8), Expertise: Ninja 5 (+7), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion 3 (+5), Ranged Combat: Chi 6 (+6), Sleight of Hand 5 (+5), Stealth 2 (+8)

Powers
Chi Awareness: Senses 3 (chi, Awareness: Chi, Detect: Chi 2: ranged)
Half-Shell
. . Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 2 (Traits: Dodge +1 (+12), Parry +1 (+12))
. . Protection: Protection 1 (+1 Toughness)
Martial Arts Strike: Strength-based Damage 1 (DC 18; Stacks with: Fan Strike: Strength-based Damage 1+1)
Turtle Physiology
. . Movement: Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation: Aquatic)
. . Swimming: Swimming 2 (Speed: 2 miles/hour, 30 feet/round)
Vague Chi Powers
. . Chi Blast: Damage 5 (chi, DC 20; Increased Range: ranged)
. . Mental Stun: Cumulative Affliction 8 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Will, DC 18; Cumulative, Increased Range 2: perception; Tiring)
. . Mind Reading: Mind Reading 8 (DC 18)
War Fan
. . Fan Strike: Strength-based Damage 1+1 ([Stacking ranks: +1], slashing, DC 19; Concealable, Defensive)

Equipment
War Fan [War Fan]

Offense
Initiative +10
Chi Blast: Damage 5, +11 (DC 20)
Fan Strike: Strength-based Damage 1+1, +12 (DC 19)
Grab, +12 (DC Spec 12)
Martial Arts Strike: Strength-based Damage 1, +12 (DC 18)
Mental Stun: Cumulative Affliction 8 (DC Will 18)
Mind Reading: Mind Reading 8 (DC Will 18)
Throw, +5 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +12 (DC 17)

Complications
Quirk (Naive): As Venus lived most of her life sheltered in China, she is still unfamiliar with Western culture, not understanding certain concepts or slang.
Responsibility (Master Splinter)
Secret (Must Remain Hidden From Public View)

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 12/11, Parry 12/11, Fortitude 5, Toughness 4, Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 54 + Powers 37 + Advantages 24 + Skills 18 (36 ranks) + Defenses 13 = 146

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at https://www.wolflair.com
Mutants & Masterminds, Third Edition is ©2010-2017 Green Ronin Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.

So yeah, this might be the first time somebody's ever built Venus in M&M, to my knowledge. I guess it just needed a person crazy enough to do it, huh?

Venus might be the most hated TMNT character of all. For one, she's an un-needed extra character inserted in to a pre-established group, like the "Larry" joke from Pinky & The Brain. Even the CREATORS OF TMNT (at least, one of them) hate her! She's probably the reason there's always been a "No Female Turtles" mandate in the franchise. Now that I've actually seen her in action, though? Poor Venus doesn't really deserve all that hate. She does pull off some Deus Ex Machina stuff with her Chi Powers sometimes and her character wasn't utilized well, but other than that? It's just that the show around her was so bad. She's the least of the show's problems. Her main weapon is apparently a War Fan, but her toy gave her some other stuff, which I've left out. She also uses unarmed combat a lot, so I've given her feats to reflect that.
She stats up very simiiar to the other live-action turtles (see Jab's builds), but is slightly less durable, and the Next Mutation turtles are less competent in general.

2021 EDIT: Fixed up the build, and added on her Vague Chi Stuff. (The Mental Stun is what she used against Shredder, to make him look inwards and see the evil that he'd become, causing him to be KO'd)
Last edited by KorokoMystia on Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Koroko/Mystia's M&M 3e builds: Kyo Kusanagi, Goenitz, Venus (!!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Hahaha awesome :). Yeah, Venus was hated in that show. Eastman & Laird had one rule in the original cartoon: No Female Turtles. That's why Raph's love interest, Mona Lisa (who was actually popular, despite being a pretty similar character), was a lizard instead. The "Gimmicky" nature of the whole thing drove people nuts, I think.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Note to artists: Turtles are not mammals; they lack mammalian characteristics.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Ken wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:06 am Note to artists: Turtles are not mammals; they lack mammalian characteristics.
LOL. You mean you haven't ever had Galapagos Tortoise milk? :D

And congrats, Koroko, I believe you are correct in having the lone Venus build on the boards. I was going to build her, but I never got around to her in all my TMNT runs and I did a search on the old ATT (before they nerfed it by moving it over to the Ronin Army boards so you can't search anymore like you can on these, which is another reason I made the move over here) back when I was considering it and I never found anything other than posts of people hating on poor Venus.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:43 am
Ken wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:06 am Note to artists: Turtles are not mammals; they lack mammalian characteristics.
LOL. You mean you haven't ever had Galapagos Tortoise milk? :D

And congrats, Koroko, I believe you are correct in having the lone Venus build on the boards. I was going to build her, but I never got around to her in all my TMNT runs and I did a search on the old ATT (before they nerfed it by moving it over to the Ronin Army boards so you can't search anymore like you can on these, which is another reason I made the move over here) back when I was considering it and I never found anything other than posts of people hating on poor Venus.
Yeah, my searching didn't yield any results. I know she gets hated on a lot, but I felt like she should have at least one build around, y'know?
KorokoMystia

Tequila Gundam

Post by KorokoMystia »

Tequila Gundam - PL 12
Model Number:GF13-049NM
Pilot:Chico Rodriguez

Strength 14, Stamina -, Agility 1, Dexterity 1, Fighting 5, Intellect -, Awareness 0, Presence -

Advantages
Close Attack 4, Improved Initiative

Skills
Ranged Combat: Weaponry 8 (+9)

Powers
Beam Tridents (Removable)
. . Trident Throw: Strength-based Damage 1 (DC 30; Reach (ranged) 3: 15 ft., Split: 2 targets)
. . . . Trident Thrust: Strength-based Damage 1 (Alternate; DC 30; Split: 2 targets)
Growth: Growth 12 (+12 STR, +12 Tough, +6 Intimidate, -12 Stealth, -6 active defenses, +3 size ranks, +12 mass ranks, +; Innate; Permanent)
Gundarium Alloy: Protection 2 (+2 Toughness; Impervious [12 extra ranks])
Head Vulcans: Damage 8 (DC 23; Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack)
Immunity to Fortitude Effects
Leg Actuators: Speed 4 (Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round)
Mobile Trace System: Pilots Control Through Body Movements: Feature 1
Rocket Thrusters: Flight 7 (Speed: 250 miles/hour, 0.5 miles/round; Limited: Only in space)
. . Boosted Jumps: Leaping 7 (Alternate; Leap 900 feet at 250 miles/hour)
Sensors: Senses 3 (Extended: Sight 2: x100, Infravision)

Offense
Initiative +5
Grab, +9 (DC Spec 24)
Head Vulcans: Damage 8, +9 (DC 23)
Throw, +1 (DC 29)
Trident Throw: Strength-based Damage 1, +9 (DC 30)
Trident Thrust: Strength-based Damage 1, +9 (DC 30)
Unarmed, +9 (DC 29)

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 14, Will Immune

Power Points
Abilities -12 + Powers 116 + Advantages 5 + Skills 4 (8 ranks) + Defenses 26 = 139

From the G Gundam series, (The standout of the Gundam franchise, since it's basically a Super Robot series with Gundams, unlike the grounded Real Robot settings of the others) the really stereotype-looking Tequila Gundam (renamed Spike Gundam in the dub because I guess they didn't want references to alcohol) is the Mobile Fighter of Neo Mexico. It's pretty a basic Gundam, it's only armaments being 10 head-mounted vulcan guns and two beam tridents. Most Mobile Fighters are pretty light on weaponry, mostly relying on just getting in close and brawling. I figure most of the lesser Mobile FIghters to be around PL 11-12, equalling the original Gundam.
Last edited by KorokoMystia on Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
KorokoMystia

Koroko/Mystia's M&M 3e builds: Temjin Gundam

Post by KorokoMystia »

Temjin Gundam - PL 11
Model Number:GF13-053NMO
Pilot:Kill Harn

Strength 12, Stamina -, Agility 1, Dexterity 1, Fighting 5, Intellect -, Awareness 0, Presence -

Advantages

Powers
Growth: Growth 12 (+12 STR, +12 Tough, +6 Intimidate, -12 Stealth, -6 active defenses, +3 size ranks, +12 mass ranks, +; Innate; Permanent)
Gundarium Alloy: Impervious Toughness 12
Gundarium Alloy: Protection 1 (+1 Toughness)
Rocket Thrusters: Flight 7 (Speed: 250 miles/hour, 0.5 miles/round; Limited: Only in space)
Temjin Scimitars (Easily Removable)
. . Scimitar Slash: Strength-based Damage 1 (DC 28; Dangerous, Split: 2 targets)

Offense
Initiative +5
Grab, +9 (DC Spec 22)
Scimitar Slash: Strength-based Damage 1, +9 (DC 28)
Throw, +1 (DC 27)
Unarmed, +9 (DC 27)

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 9, Parry 9, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 13, Will Immune

Power Points
Abilities -16 + Powers 85 + Advantages 5 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Defenses 24 = 98

Neo Mongolia's entry in the Gundam Fight, this thing..straight-up sucks. While most Gundams in G Gundam have special moves and ranged attacks, this one..has nothing except two scimitars. It doesn't even have vulcans!
KorokoMystia

Re: Koroko/Mystia's M&M 3e builds: Neros Gundam

Post by KorokoMystia »

Neros Gundam - PL 12

Strength 14, Stamina -, Agility 1, Dexterity 1, Fighting 5, Intellect -, Awareness 0, Presence -

Advantages

Skills
Ranged Combat: Weaponry 8 (+9)

Powers
Beam Cannon: Damage 11 (DC 26; Increased Range: ranged, Split: 2 targets)
Gladiatorial Spike: Strength-based Damage 1 (DC 30)
Gundarium Alloy: Impervious Toughness 12
Gundarium Alloy: Protection 2 (+2 Toughness)
Head Vulcans: Damage 8 (DC 23; Increased Range: ranged)
Rainbow Legs: Damage 15 (DC 30; Increased Range: ranged; Tiring)
Rocket Boosters: Flight 7 (Speed: 250 miles/hour, 0.5 miles/round; Limited: Only in space)
Silver Legs: Damage 12 (energy, DC 27; Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack)

Offense
Initiative +5
Beam Cannon: Damage 11, +9 (DC 26)
Gladiatorial Spike: Strength-based Damage 1, +9 (DC 30)
Grab, +9 (DC Spec 24)
Head Vulcans: Damage 8, +9 (DC 23)
Rainbow Legs: Damage 15, +9 (DC 30)
Silver Legs: Damage 12, +9 (DC 27)
Throw, +1 (DC 29)
Unarmed, +9 (DC 29)

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 14, Will Immune

Power Points
Abilities -12 + Powers 176 + Advantages 5 + Skills 4 (8 ranks) + Defenses 26 = 199

Neros Gundam is Neo Italy's entry to the Gundam Fight, piloted by the criminal gang leader Michelo Chariot. It's mostly notable for being the first enemy Gundam encountered in the series. It does come back with an upgrade later on, however.
Jabroniville

Re: Koroko/Mystia's M&M 3e builds: Goenitz, Venus, Tequila Gundam

Post by Jabroniville »

ah yes, the Legion O' Stereotypes Gundam show. I remember looking this up after getting kinda/sorta into Gundam Wing and going "WTF?". The robots are basically the United Nations scene in Austin Powers, each one corresponding to whatever national stereotypes there are.
KorokoMystia

Re: Koroko/Mystia's M&M 3e builds: Goenitz, Venus, Tequila Gundam

Post by KorokoMystia »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:47 am ah yes, the Legion O' Stereotypes Gundam show. I remember looking this up after getting kinda/sorta into Gundam Wing and going "WTF?". The robots are basically the United Nations scene in Austin Powers, each one corresponding to whatever national stereotypes there are.
Yeah, the stereotypes are particularly ridiculous, plus Japan is exempt from the stereotyping, of course. The series itself is pretty fun, though. Plus all the name changes the English dub made are pretty silly. Though, some of the robots are kinda generic and don't really seem to relate to the country's stereotypes at all. I think PL 12-14 seems about right for most Gundams.
KorokoMystia

Re: Koroko/Mystia's M&M 3e builds: Goenitz, Venus, Tequila Gundam, Gezora

Post by KorokoMystia »

Gezora - PL 13

Strength 19, Stamina 16, Agility -1, Dexterity 0, Fighting 7, Intellect -4, Awareness 0, Presence -2

Advantages
Diehard, Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Startle, Withstand Damage (Trade Defenses For Toughness)

Powers
Animal Senses: Senses 3 (Acute: Scent, Extended: Scent 1: x10, Low-light Vision)
Cooling Gas: Feature 1
Giant-Size Smash: Burst Area Damage 13 (DC 28; Burst Area 2: 60 feet radius sphere, DC 23)
Kaiju
. . Growth: Growth 16 (+16 STR, +16 STA, +8 Intimidate, -16 Stealth, -8 active defenses, +4 size ranks, +16 mass ranks, +2 ; Innate; Permanent)
. . Protection: Protection 3 (+3 Toughness; Impervious [22 extra ranks])
Sea Creature (Removable)
. . Immunity: Immunity 3 (Environmental Condition: Pressure, Environmental Condition: Cold, Suffocation: Drowning)
. . Swimming: Swimming 10 (Speed: 500 miles/hour, 1 mile/round)
Tentacles
. . Extra Limbs: Extra Limbs 4 (4 extra limbs, Advantages: Improved Grab)
. . Strength Effect (Reach (melee) 5: 25 ft.)

Offense
Initiative -1
Giant-Size Smash: Burst Area Damage 13 (DC 28)
Grab, +7 (DC Spec 29)
Throw, +0 (DC 34)
Unarmed, +7 (DC 34)

Complications
Disabled (Animal): Kaiju cannot speak, nor use their limbs to easily manipulate objects.
Weakness (Flame & Heat Attacks): Attacks based around fire or heat will go right through Gezora's Impervious Toughness, and do extra damage too.

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude 16, Toughness 19, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 6 + Powers 123 + Advantages 5 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Defenses 30 = 164

Gezora is a Toho kaiju, a giant cuttlefish that first appeared in the movie, Space Amoeba. Bizarrely, despite not being related to Godzilla, it showed up in the Godzilla NES game anyway, along with the original Mougera, which was also non-Godzilla related. (It was not the one that appeared in the SpaceGodzilla movie) It later appeared in stock footage in Godzilla Final Wars. I'm assuming it would be stronger there, since in its first appearance it was killed by a gasoline fire! Either way, I've left in that fire bypasses its impervious toughness. The build is basically Jab's Kaiju template, lowered to PL 13 and with squid/cuttlefish stuff added. I'm probably overstating it by making them PL 13, so feel free to lower them to PL 12 if you want, though at that point it would pretty much be the same thing as Jab's Kraken build.
KorokoMystia

Re: Koroko/Mystia's M&M 3e builds: Venus, Tequila Gundam, Gezora, Gargantus

Post by KorokoMystia »

First Appearance:Tales of Suspense #40
Created by:Stan Lee, Robert Bernstein, Jack Kirby

Gargantus - PL 8

Strength 10, Stamina -, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 5, Intellect -, Awareness 0, Presence -

Advantages
All-out Attack, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 1, Power Attack, Startle

Skills
Intimidation 6 (+8)

Powers
Club Smash: Strength-based Damage 1 (DC 26)
Growth: Growth 5 (+5 STR, +5 Tough, +2 Intimidate, -5 Stealth, -3 active defenses, +1 size rank, +5 mass ranks)
Mesmerizing Eye Beams: Affliction 8 (1st degree: Entranced, 2nd degree: Compelled, 3rd degree: Controlled, Resisted by: Will, DC 18; Increased Range: ranged)

Equipment
Giant Club [Club Smash: Strength-based Damage 1, DC 26]

Offense
Initiative +0
Club Smash: Strength-based Damage 1, +5 (DC 26)
Grab, +5 (DC Spec 20)
Mesmerizing Eye Beams: Affliction 8, +0 (DC Will 18)
Throw, +0 (DC 25)
Unarmed, +5 (DC 25)

Complications
Weakness (Electricity and Magnetism): As a robot, Gargantus such things will do extra damage to him. Strong enough magnets pulling in opposite directions will even be able to pull him apart.

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 5, Parry 5, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 10, Will Immune

Power Points
Abilities -10 + Powers 56 + Advantages 5 + Skills 3 (6 ranks) + Defenses 16 = 70

Gargantus is an robot built by an unnamed race of aliens to mind-control the people of Earth so the aliens could take over. Iron Man faced it early in his career, while he was in the gold version of his original "Mark I" armor. Its design based on a caveman because that was as far as the aliens's information on the planet's history went. It was sent by aliens to control a town, until it was destroyed by Iron Man using strong magnets to pull the robot apart. It's only about 12 feet tall, and the Marvel Wiki says it's got Class 25 strength, as well as a club. It also has a Mind Control ablity via beams from its eyes. But other than that, a pretty generic 'bot.