Jab's Rifts Builds (Rifts- A Final Summation!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Skaramine

Re: Jab's Rifts Builds

Post by Skaramine »

Ares wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 4:23 pm
Yojimbo wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 3:47 pm The appeal to Rifts is not hard to see. It's basically Thundarr the Barbarian: The Game.
I do love me some Thundarr the Barbarian. There was actually a fun fan RPG of it called "Under a Broken Moon", which is an AWESOME name for an RPG.

Though to be fair, Rifts is more like Thundarr meets Fallout meets Fist of the Northstar meets Captain Power and the Soldiers of the . . . you know what, give me a second . . . .
AH! Here we go:
*a giant mutant monster, equal parts centipede and cyborg, emerges from the ruins of a building*

Thundarr: *activates his sun sword* "Lords of Light! What is this foul creature?!"

Ariel: "It's a cyber-pede, Thundarr! I read about it my father's library. They-"

Kenshiro: *cracks knuckles* "It's just a worm. Waiting to be stepped on."

Ookla: *incoherent yelling*

Thundarr: "Enough talk! Ariel! Ookla! Kenshiro! Vault Dweller! Captain Power! RIDE!"

Vault Dweller: *revs up his mini-gun and sighs* "War never changes."
I'm laughing and crying at the same time.

Thank you, Ares!
The ATT member formerly known as both MorningKnight and Power-Glove.
Just call me Doug.
Skaramine

Post by Skaramine »

I liked RIFTs so much, I was doing conversions from the MEGS DC Heroes game.

Also, the main RIFTS book's Dragon Hatchlings were the impetus for turning an old Heroes Unlimited guy of mine named Fortune into a dragon, and thus infected so many other characters with dragonhood, including my boy Lumion.

And hell, Lovehammer is, without realizing it, a DeeBee with a Mystic Weapon landing in Heroes Unlimited...
The ATT member formerly known as both MorningKnight and Power-Glove.
Just call me Doug.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

I'd barely ever heard of Rifts before now, but the builds are really interesting so far.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Another thread?!?!?!? What I am doing wrong? I can't even keep up at the Mart anymore and you're onto like your 10th build thread!!!

This board should be Echoes of the Jabverse. 8-)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 11:25 pm Another thread?!?!?!? What I am doing wrong? I can't even keep up at the Mart anymore and you're onto like your 10th build thread!!!

Thorp,you gotta remember that Jab's one of those Japanese robots that don't sleep.... :P
catsi563

Re: Jab's The Most Dangerous Woman in the World

Post by catsi563 »

Erin Tarn (oldest of 7 daughters, Famous Scientist, the Most Dangerous Woman in the world)

PL: 9/222pp

OCC Note: level 14 Rogue Scholar [History and Anthropology]

Abilities (52pp)

Str 0 Agi 2 Fight 4 Awe 5

Sta 3 Dex 2 Int 5 Pre 5

Skills (83pp)

Athletics 8 (+8 ), Close Combat (Unarmed Combat) 2 (+6 ), Deception 5 (+10 ), Expertise (Arcane Lore) 12 (+17 ), Expertise (Cooking) 8 (+13 ), Expertise (Forgery) 8 (+13 ), Expertise (History) 13 (+18 ), Expertise (Human Sciences) 13 (+18 ), Expertise (Streetwise) 8 (+13 ), Expertise (Wilderness Survival) 8 (+13 ), Investigation 8 (+13 ), Intimidation 7 (+12 ), Insight 7 (+12 ), Perception 9 (+14 ), Persuasion 11 (+16 ), Ranged Combat (Energy Pistols) 6 (+8, +10 [Ranged]), Sleight of hand 3 (+5 ), Stealth 6 (+8 ), Technology 12 (+17 ), Treatment 6 (+11 ), Vehicles 6 (+11 )

Advantages (26pp)

Artificer, Assessment, Benefit 3 (Famous Historian, NGR Celebrity, Wealth of Collected Knowledge), Connected, Contacts, Daze (Intimidation), Defensive attack, Defensive roll, Fascinate (Persuasion), Improved trip, inspire, Languages 3, Luck 2, Lionhearted, On-Line research, Ranged Combat 2, Ritualist, Skill Mastery 2 (Expertise History, Human Sciences), Well Informed

Powers (45pp)

Cybernetic Implants:
Clock Calender and Gyro Compass (Senses 2 (Time sense, Direction Sense) 2pp

Universal headjack and Ear Implant (Comprehend Machines 2, Sense 1 (radio) 5pp

Millennium Tree Leaf Armor (Device 2) (Protection 6 (Impervious 6) 10pp

Platos Magic Amulet (Device 2) (Immunity 10 (Undead, Illness effects) 8pp

Millennium Tree Wand of Life with 5 buds (Device 15 (Indestructible) 20pp
(Immunity 2 (Poisons and Diseases), Regeneration 1)
Healing 10 (Flaw: 5 heals per day)
Cast Magic Spells (Array x)
Negate Poison
Cure Illness
Cure Minor Disorders
Purify Food and Water
Water to Wine

Equipment:
*Adventuring Clothes, and Pack, and Utility belt.
*Explorers gear
*Environmental Helmet
*Portable Language translator
*Pocket Mirror, Camera with film, Sewing Kit, Magnifying Glass, Pocket Flashlight, Matches, lighter, Hand cuffs, 100' string, 10' Nylon Cord, 2 spikes, First Aid kit with 6 RMK and IRMSS Med Nanobots, PDD (audio recorder player), Portable Pocket Computer, IR Binocs with Multi Optic band, Multi Tool

Transportation:

Bionic Horse

Weapons:
Silver Cross
Large Survival knife
Wilks Laser Pistol
Wilks Laser Wand
Wilks Laser Scapel
Squirt Pistol
6 Flares

Combat (16pp)

Toughness: +3, +4 (Defensive Roll), +10 (Millenium Armor)

Dodge: +6

Parry: +6

Fortitude: +6

Will: +12

Complications

The Most Dangerous woman in the world (the coatlion and several other powers consider Erin incredibly dangerous because she espouses dangerous ideas like literacy and freedom and Dbee rights)

Enemies ( Erin has made NUMEROUS very powerful enemies the worlds over in her travels including but not limited too the CS, the gargoyle Empire, the Splugorth, Rama Set, Merlynn and so on)

Old age (Erin is incredibly for her age and thanks to medical techniques and some dimensional shenanigans is younger then she looks but shes still 70+ years old and suffers some of the aches and pains of the elderly)

Responsibility (Erin believes in Freedom and the sanctity of life as well as teaching about history and literacy)

Relationships (she has several allies and friends that she is close to and would go out of her way to aid, she also loves her home of Lazlo and would drop everything to protect it)

the call of adventure (never one to just sit at home in the library Erin is drawn to explore and adventure)

========================================================
Abilities 52 + Skills 83 + Advantages 26 + Powers 45 + Combat 16 = 222 Total pp
========================================================

Yep here she is the Most Dangerous woman in the world and top of the Coalitons Most wanted list many years in a row. The narrator for the game, who often provides contextual exposition. A longtime adventurer and writer, she has traveled across Rifts Earth and even visited other dimensions. Her writings are published by her fans in her home city of Lazlo, which is a haven for learning of magic and science. To her chagrin, she is the most famous person on Rifts Earth and her books have even been read by beings in other dimensions. The Coalition States consider her Public Enemy Number One for her criticism of them and promotion of literacy and education. Fortunately for her, the only public photos of her are from when she was young, and most people do not recognize the roughly 70 year old lady as the legendary adventurer.

Much to the annoyance of the Coalition States, the people of the New German Republic, the most powerful human nation on Rifts Earth, absolutely worship Erin Tarn and adore her writings. They even have television series and movies about her adventures (both fictional and real). She is also hugely popular in most other nations that are not specifically run by evil beings. Even many CS citizens have (secretly) read her essays (or had them read to them in the case of the illiterate majority), which only makes the CS government want her dead even more.

Despite all this fame though Erin remains one of the nicest and msot humble people you'll ever have the privilege to meet. Shes in point of fact embarrassed by all the celebrity, and is trully one of the best good people you can be. In a grim dark world of things tyring to eat humanity she remains a beacon of all thats good in the world and promotes peace and tolerance of all life.

This warm and humble nature has earned her friends from all walks of life and beings of immense power Including Victor Lazlo, the Goddess Isis, and King Artruu of England and Lord Croak of the Cyber Knights. Her perosnal Bodygaurd and Protector Sir Thorpe remains steadfast at her side.

It cant be overstated how much of a hero she is. Shes outlived numerous assasination attempts and survived many battles inlcuding the battle agaisnt the Four Horsemen demons of the apocalypse. Shes made enemies of Merlynn, and other dark powers as well as the coaltion states, and continues to live and learn and thrive. hell shes evne been saved at least twice by Coaltion soldiers who didnt realize who she was.

Expensive as hell for a mere Bookworm but a badass one at that. Erin is the epitome of the Rifts Hero.
Last edited by catsi563 on Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Just did the math on our CS Public Enemy #1 up there.She clocks in at 206 power points,putting her at PL 13....
That is one Dangerous Librarian. :shock:
BriarThrone

Post by BriarThrone »

MacynSnow wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 12:06 am
Thorpocalypse wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 11:25 pm Another thread?!?!?!? What I am doing wrong? I can't even keep up at the Mart anymore and you're onto like your 10th build thread!!!

Thorp,you gotta remember that Jab's one of those Japanese robots that don't sleep.... :P
This explains so much about Jab...
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Wow, stay away for a few hours and a new thread with 3 pages appear. :o Must be magic! :shock:
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

catsi563 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 1:22 am

wow...Jab's qualifications for MILFs have REALLY fallen
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

HalloweenJack wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 2:06 am
catsi563 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 1:22 am

wow...Jab's qualifications for MILFs have REALLY fallen
have to look at the NGRs version of her according to them shes a 25-30 something supermodel :P
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Interesting! She stats up with a lot more power than I'd expected, but I guess stat increases are universal in the game :). They statted her up in Coalition War Campaign, too.
Jabroniville

Me & Rifts

Post by Jabroniville »

MY RIFTS STORY:
-Rifts was my first RPG- before then, all I knew of the genre were those weird board game-looking things advertised in comic books like Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, which showed cool-looking punk kids playing Dwarves and stuff. When I was in Grade 10 or so (about... fifteen, I guess?), I found my childhood friend Paul looking at some stuff when we were in High School together (we'd drifted apart before then, but met up again in HS). I was fascinated by these weird books with all this insane crap in them- I mean, I was fifteen. This game was concentrated "15-Year Old" material. I especially loved the Japan book and Juicer Uprising.

So I made up my Dragon character and joined a small campaign he'd created at the local game store (a little hole in the round called "Fun & Video Games", now notorious for price-gouging and poor service... and possibly the guy living in the hidden corner of the shop). We played a couple of games with his secondary character from his primary campaign (a Felinoid Blood Rider... and yes, he was an anime fan), but soon one of the players bailed and we just stopped. But I was still into the idea, and played a bit with my friends, before some douchebaggery there led to things falling apart. The only other game I've really played was a long-running e-mail campaign with my Slugorth Juicer.

But I still looked at the books off-and-on. As a teen, I think I only had the Main Rulebook and Rifts Mercenaries, as it was relevant to my "Juicers as Mercs" game. I think I found the others here and there, occasionaly getting into the mood for the game again, staring at the insane classes and having fun with the reading material. The Used Bookstores in town often have a book or two for cheap, and I got some others from comic shops near where I live (Warp One and Whyte Knight have them). I don't have nearly the arsenal some do, but I grabbed the ones with the best art :).
Jabroniville

Coalition States

Post by Jabroniville »

FROM YOU, ALRIGHT??!? I LEARNED IT FROM WATCHING YOU!!!!!

This thread did make me drop my D&D conversions to every other day, though. A man has limits :).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri May 25, 2018 6:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jabroniville

re: Rifts

Post by Jabroniville »

Goldar wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 2:04 am Wow, stay away for a few hours and a new thread with 3 pages appear. :o Must be magic! :shock:
haha, yeah. We've been working on Rifts conversions for a little bit, so I'm a bit ahead. I was just trying to set a preamble for these builds, and figure out what order I wanted to post in.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri May 25, 2018 6:19 am, edited 2 times in total.